Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Lemon Skunk auto Harvest!

Today's pics:

We pulled fan leaves, but she didn't really look that different, so we went straight into chopping and washing branches, letting them drip dry for a while, and hanging them in the tent. Here's what's left of her after:

Hanging to dry:

Back in the tent with her sister:

Based on how our test nug dried, I'm going to guess this won't shrink nearly as much as we are used to, and it'll weigh in at +5 ounces.

What an awesome plant that lemon skunk was! You guys have got gardening down to a T now.

Thanks Smokie! I might argue we've got a lot still to learn, but we're getting pretty decent grades on our assignments. :)

Nice lemon skunk harvest. Very dense looking bud structure. The RP looks great as well. She would be great for scrog I would think. But remember I have never done one! I will get to it someday. It would be cool to go barebulb over a curved scrog. I would bend PVC with heat to make the curves then put in eye hooks to string the wire. Hang the scrog from the ceiling. But maybe I would just try a regular one lol.
Seems like stretchy plants really are best so I would pick agent orange or the X6 from my first grow.

May 30 (Monday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 48, Red Poison is 34, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 18, and Early Miss 3 is 4 days old. Temp was 86 today with RH at 39% during lights on, 70 and 63% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 55 days old. Temp is 79 and RH is 48% at the canopy, 78 and 52% at the top, 70 and 65% overnight. She is 15 inches from her light.

• C3 got soaked with full strength bloom nutes (5 liters with 25 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 6 ml of GO CaMg+) at 937ppm and 5.8 PH @ 69 f

C3 used more water today than any other plant we've grown, ever. We'll keep dumping it in until she begs for mercy! :)

EM3 at 4 days (7.84 lbs, down from 9.20 after watering yesterday):

Cheryl at 18 days (12.21 lbs, down from 14.54 after watering yesterday):

RP at 34 days (17.85 lbs, down from 24.85 after watering yesterday):

C3 at 48 days (15.44 lbs down from 24.94 after watering yesterday, 25.08 after watering today):

PK at 55 days (29.00 lbs, down from 31.46 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

[/INDENT]

Based on how our test nug dried, I'm going to guess this won't shrink nearly as much as we are used to, and it'll weigh in at +5 ounces.
I love how you have your tents set up and all the open space in front of them. I am so envious of a good grow set up:thumb:

The 1st time I did the bud washing I kept on branch of each strain separate and did not wash them so I could do a comparison. It was a tough call since everyone including myself are one hit wonders, it was very difficult to tell the difference in taste and flavor. I got good reviews from everyone who sampled them on both washed and unwashed, but being it had no ill effect by washing , I figure it surely can not hurt to have clean buds, now I wash everything.
Your harvest looks spectacular, very impressive buds if they smoke as well as they look you are in for a treat my friend:thumb:

Top notch stuff going on over here! Beautiful harvest + Reps!!

Sounds like you nailed the Budwash :bravo:

Can't wait to sample some of those nugs!!

Great job you two!

Nice lemon skunk harvest. Very dense looking bud structure. The RP looks great as well. She would be great for scrog I would think. But remember I have never done one! I will get to it someday. It would be cool to go barebulb over a curved scrog. I would bend PVC with heat to make the curves then put in eye hooks to string the wire. Hang the scrog from the ceiling. But maybe I would just try a regular one lol.
Seems like stretchy plants really are best so I would pick agent orange or the X6 from my first grow.

We talked about trying a scrog on our Amnesia Haze auto, but I forgot when I put her into her pot. Ah well, there's always (now) only two weeks until the next girl gets sprouted.

I've some hope that this Purple Kush will eventually fill in the scrog, but I definitely had my plan around a stretchier girl. :)

I love how you have your tents set up and all the open space in front of them. I am so envious of a good grow set up:thumb:

The 1st time I did the bud washing I kept on branch of each strain separate and did not wash them so I could do a comparison. It was a tough call since everyone including myself are one hit wonders, it was very difficult to tell the difference in taste and flavor. I got good reviews from everyone who sampled them on both washed and unwashed, but being it had no ill effect by washing , I figure it surely can not hurt to have clean buds, now I wash everything.
Your harvest looks spectacular, very impressive buds if they smoke as well as they look you are in for a treat my friend:thumb:

We're really looking forward to the fall, and a rebuild of our grow space. The tents come out and some walls go up! Really gotta start planning that out.

We enjoyed the bud washing and will stick with it. Still of course finding some hair (2 cats, a dog, and a hippy make it inevitable) but at least it's clean hair. :high-five:

Top notch stuff going on over here! Beautiful harvest + Reps!!

Sounds like you nailed the Budwash :bravo:

Can't wait to sample some of those nugs!!

Great job you two!

Thanks Pigeons! We'll start working out a sampler menu! :yahoo:

May 31 (Tuesday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 49, Red Poison is 35, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 19, and Early Miss 3 is 5 days old. Temp was 85 today with RH at 51% during lights on, 69 and 65% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 56 days old. Temp is 80 and RH is 49% at the canopy, 79 and 53% at the top, 69 and 68% overnight. She is 15 inches from her light.

• EM3 got 2 liters of bubbled tap water (450 ml down her stem, 750 ml around the edge, the rest in the tray) at 146ppm and 5.8 PH @ 68 f
  • RP got soaked with full strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+) at 947ppm and 5.8 PH @ 69 f
  • C3 got soaked liters of around 80% strength bloom nutes and fortifier (5 liters with 22 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 5 ml of GO CaMg+ and .75 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 879ppm and 5.8 PH @ 69 f

We spent a while tucking our first Purple Kush's side branches, she's pretty wide open now. Hopefully we can flip her in two or three weeks.

Cheryl, our first Amnesia Haze, got worked over a bit but remains untied. That'll likely change tomorrow.

Our third Candy Cane auto got watered for the third day straight. She's pouring through the water, and we've decided to give this one everything she'll take while in flower, never bottoming out.

I wonder if I'd be able to tell our first Red Poison from a Dark Devil if they were side by side, honestly. She's bigger than either of our DDs, but otherwise...

Family pics:

EM3 at 5 days (7.34 lbs down from 7.84 yesterday, 12.09 lbs after watering tonight):

Cheryl at 19 days (10.40 lbs, down from 12.21 yesterday):

Dammit, missed 'er tonight.​

RP at 35 days (11.47 lbs down from 17.85 yesterday, 24.47 lbs after watering tonight):

C3 at 49 days (16.48 lbs down from 25.08 after watering yesterday, 25.51 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 56 days (26.93 lbs, down from 29 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

So the idea with the SCROG is to grow through and weave back under and out, correct? Essentially, that's what you're doing, is weaving it onto the grid. I see. Now I get it. :high-five: Thank you for taking such good pictures arteekay.

Your previous post, I think it was the first picture of EM3, you have a spelling error that's gonna drive your OCD brain crazy if you don't correct it. I'll watch and edit this post after you edit yours. Just a little housecleaning. :battingeyelashes:

So the idea with the SCROG is to grow through and weave back under and out, correct? Essentially, that's what you're doing, is weaving it onto the grid. I see. Now I get it. :high-five: Thank you for taking such good pictures arteekay.

That's what we're doing with this one. The last one we just stuffed them back underneath all the time. I think this way would work well with a stretchier strain, but this one is gonna veg forever to fill in the grid.

June 1 (Wednesday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 50, Red Poison is 36, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 20, and Early Miss 3 is 6 days old. Temp was 85 today with RH at 54% during lights on, 70 and 66% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 57 days old. Temp is 81 and RH is 55% at the canopy, 79 and 56% at the top, 70 and 67% overnight. She is 15 inches from her light.

• Cheryl (AH) got her first full soaking, of quarter strength grow nutes (6 liters with 7.5 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 3.5 ml of calmag+) at 426ppm and 5.8 PH @70 f

Cheryl, our first Amnesia Haze, finally had to get tied down today. She's tacoing a bit, I'm guessing heat since she's had nothing but straight water since sprouting.

Our first Red Poison looks and smells exactly like a Dark Devil so far, but it a good bit bigger. Hoping for good things from this girl, but she's proving a challenge to keep tied down and level.

Our third Candy Cane is done training, she'll start to lose her ties over the next week or so. Both her and the Red Poison are supposed to finish in three weeks. We'll see.

Purple Kush got a bit more weaving done, but we're trying to leave enough big fans facing the lights to drive her growth.

Family pics:

EM3 at 6 days (10.47 lbs, down from 12.07 yesterday after watering):

Missed 'er today.​

Cheryl (AH) at 20 days (9.33 lbs down from 10.40 yesterday, 22.33 lbs after watering today):

RP at 36 days (19.24 lbs, down from 24.47 after watering yesterday):

C3 at 50 days (17.54 lbs, down from 25.51 after watering yesterday):

PK at 57 days (25.37 lbs, down from 26.93 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Hey guys, long time no see. I've just caught up and must say every plant you grow (even (or especially)) the abused ones (Brittney anyone?) is spectacular.

Apologies for the plethora of parentheses and tortured syntax; I've been coding today and head is still in geek mode :)

If Plant$ = "pretty" then
msgbox(Comment$)
else
NextJournal
end if

arteekay, I just realized that you must have inspired me to create the Velcro and soft twist tie holds a couple weeks back. :laughtwo:

image13096.jpeg

I buy my Velcro on strips meant to be used with wires, so they already have a tab to slip into and attach. I can't believe I didn't notice yours, but looking at them today it was like someone smacked me up side my head. Lol!

They make it so easy to adjust the branches and keep the canopy level, don't they?

That Lemon Skunk is definately a good oil producer. I need to research the particulars more closely and see if I can determine what medicinal use it'd be most appropriate for. That stuff's finally beginning to make sense to me now. Hearty congratulations on another banner harvest. Sorry to be so late to the celebration.

Oh yes, how stoked am I that you and Jay've decided to get out of the tents? You're obviously ready for that jump. Measure twice, cut once. Haha! Dale was a carpenter, among many talents, and I was the second set of hands for every project he did over 35 years.

Hey guys, long time no see. I've just caught up and must say every plant you grow (even (or especially)) the abused ones (Brittney anyone?) is spectacular.

Apologies for the plethora of parentheses and tortured syntax; I've been coding today and head is still in geek mode :)

If Plant$ = "pretty" then
msgbox(Comment$)
else
NextJournal
end if

Max my man! Good to see ya and welcome back!

I actually had to look back and see what you were talking about, apparently I wasn't very perceptive of the particular plethora.

:high-five: :yahoo: :thanks:

arteekay, I just realized that you must have inspired me to create the Velcro and soft twist tie holds a couple weeks back. :laughtwo:

image13096.jpeg

I buy my Velcro on strips meant to be used with wires, so they already have a tab to slip into and attach. I can't believe I didn't notice yours, but looking at them today it was like someone smacked me up side my head. Lol!

They make it so easy to adjust the branches and keep the canopy level, don't they?

Mine came to me back at the end of March here, but I figured since I failed to patent it and your version was better I'd just keep quiet about it. :)

I loved them the minute I put the first together, but then we bought the camo bags. I didn't wash them first and they aren't fuzzy enough to really catch the velcro well. Ah well, next grow.

That Lemon Skunk is definitely a good oil producer. I need to research the particulars more closely and see if I can determine what medicinal use it'd be most appropriate for. That stuff's finally beginning to make sense to me now. Hearty congratulations on another banner harvest. Sorry to be so late to the celebration.

Biz ordered five more the same day we harvested this one. Effective seed promotion I'd say.

I'm a few projects away from working on the medicinal side, but I sure know where to go to start looking when the time comes. Huge :hug:'s and :adore: for all the work you do there, even though I'm not (yet) involved.

Oh yes, how stoked am I that you and Jay've decided to get out of the tents? You're obviously ready for that jump. Measure twice, cut once. Haha! Dale was a carpenter, among many talents, and I was the second set of hands for every project he did over 35 years.

Yeah, really looking forward to it. We really need to cover the smell better. We have the tents covered, but do all our work outside of them as well as handling the cure. Now that we're harvesting every three or four weeks it's a continual battle to keep the house from reeking.

June 2 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 51, Red Poison is 37, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 21, and Early Miss 3 is 7 days old. Temp was 84 today with RH at 49% during lights on, 70 and 64% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 58 days old. Temp is 80 and RH is 45% at the canopy, 79 and 58% at the top, 70 and 62% overnight. She is 15 inches from her light.

• RP got soaked with 6 liters of full strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+) at 943ppm and 5.8 PH @ 70 f
  • C3 got soaked with the same mix, but with 1.5 g of DNF Bloom fortifier as well.

Family pics:

EM3 at 7 days (9.34 lbs, down from 10.47 yesterday):

Cheryl at 21 days (18.54 lbs, down from 22.33 after watering yesterday):

RP at 37 days (12.40 lbs down from 19.24 yesterday, 25.12 lbs after watering tonight):

C3 at 51 days (10.78 lbs down from 17.54 yesterday, 24.18 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 58 days (23.41 lbs, down from 25.37 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

I can see that would become an issue. :laughtwo: One of the advantages of being on the top floor of an apartment building is I'm isolated from everyone. There's only one other apartment up here and I sometimes wonder what she thinks when I decarb without an oven bag. My kitchen backs up to her bedroom. I try not to do that very often. Lol!

You'll be pleased with the end results. I look forward to watching the transformation.

You could rough up those pots with some sandpaper.

I have to ask, do you wear the glasses when you go into the tent? In the interest of transparency, I'll admit I don't. I also don't spend more than a couple moments in there at any time, but I turn around and spot the unused glassed Budmaster was nice enough to send me and do a mental face palm.

Back
Top Bottom