Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

October 8 Update.

Finally caught up to real time, so I can add in some ages again without having to do the math. Our Northern Lights auto is getting watered with straight PH'ed water now for the next two weeks at least, every second night. Other than that we only had to water our little New York City Diesel auto with her second taste of veg nutes, quarter strength last time and three quarter strength tonight.

So we took the opportunity to pull the two flowering photos out for a full photo session and some last minute lollipopping. It's a bit later than I'd like, but I'd still rather lose the "junk" now than waste her energy trying to make something of it.

Our first CKS NYC Diesel auto at 24 days, 46 days remaining

Our second CKS Train Wreck auto at 37 days, 40 days remaining

POW 33 1.1 at 32 days since being cut from her mom, all spent under 200w CFL

WW 1.1 also at 32 days like the other clone

We put the clones back on the shelf, but before closing the door for the night we decided to shut it down and let them veg with the autos

A family shot before digging into "processing" the autos

Our third Northern Lights auto at 68 days, 9 days left by the breeder's schedule. We'll probably run her out to the following weekend at least though, or later

Our sickly third Dark Devil at 37 days, 23 days remaining

Family shots of the photos before diggin' into them for the night

CH9 POW 33 at 73 days, 24 days since flipping to 12/12. 25 days remaining

CKS White Widow also at 73 days, 24 days from flipping. 32 days remaining

Family pics, now with the two photo clones included. I think we'll talk tomorrow about adding the spider back into the flowering tent. May as well I think...

Alright! You're all caught up. :high-five: Whew! :laughtwo:

Doesn't that feel better? :hug::hug::hug: When do you anticipate being able to post regularly again?

Alright! You're all caught up. :high-five: Whew! :laughtwo:

Doesn't that feel better? :hug::hug::hug: When do you anticipate being able to post regularly again?

I think I'm going to shoot for an update every two days, should help balance my time more appropriately. We've reached the point in our understanding of the watering cycle that we no longer pull them all out and weigh 'em. Once they're in flower we never let them bottom out again until the very end, so it's less important to us to know the exact number. Progress right? :)

Hey hey! Progress indeed! How does it feel?

You guys are professionals now, take it at your pace, everything flows much smoother that way. Just don't forget to document your work some where in the garden. On a calendar or something. I remember when my posting started to take a backseat to my personal life and I found the most difficult thing I encountered was that I wasn't documenting on the magazine as often and didn't have that reference of when I watered or fed.

You guys got this! I just want to be that sober second thought that reminds you that it doesn't get any easier the process just becomes more fluid.

:high-five:

Love you guys!

I think I'm going to shoot for an update every two days, should help balance my time more appropriately. We've reached the point in our understanding of the watering cycle that we no longer pull them all out and weigh 'em. Once they're in flower we never let them bottom out again until the very end, so it's less important to us to know the exact number. Progress right? :)

Absolutely, progress. That was the most amazing thing to watch though. You guys are such an inspiration, and a good part of that is your insistence on documenting everything so thoroughly. The way you kept such detailed notes and shared them with us. We now have an excellent reference for tracking the growth patterns and training techniques for how many strains? And you've been smart enough to do each strain more than once and work methodically for improvement.

Yep, inspirational. I can live with every-other-day posting. Like I really have a say in it. :laughtwo:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi OGV!

I'm not tying to steal any of my boys thunder at all but I have a Video Grow journal that is littered with Northern Lights videos for comparison please feel free to check it out.

Hope it helps!

Morning Boyz!!

Hey hey! Progress indeed! How does it feel?

You guys are professionals now, take it at your pace, everything flows much smoother that way. Just don't forget to document your work some where in the garden. On a calendar or something. I remember when my posting started to take a backseat to my personal life and I found the most difficult thing I encountered was that I wasn't documenting on the magazine as often and didn't have that reference of when I watered or fed.

You guys got this! I just want to be that sober second thought that reminds you that it doesn't get any easier the process just becomes more fluid.

:high-five:

Love you guys!

I miss this place quite a bit honestly, and hate that I haven't said hello to a new poster in months. Hopefully once Fall sets in I can get back to actually joining in the community, rather than just posting my update(s) and running off again.

We started with a paper journal, just a mid-sized one year day planner, and have always used it when working with the plants. The spreadsheet and journal postings came from the hard copy. It covers the basics for sure, but it was the desire for more information (and pictures) in a daily journal is what led me to 420mag in the first place.

When's that next big city trip happenin' bud? :)

:goodjob: Those look beautiful....:circle-of-love: It must be that Scotts your feeding those girls with :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: All kidding aside, job well done.... Rooster1 sitting way back here watching....

:rofl: Took me a minute to get the reference. :high-five:

:passitleft:

BEAUTIFUL!! Maybe I'm feeling creative today, but before you chop those beautiful northern lights, string some Christmas lights on it and take some pictures for the upcoming holiday. You could make some fun holiday greeting cards from that!

:goodjob:

I might just have to do that. We've got at least a week left I'm guessing. Still probably 90%+ white plump pistils.

KITTIES!!!! I love me some fuzz! :circle-of-love:

Your plants look amazing too! Well, other than you know who. She's such a Debbie Downer. I think she's emo. :laughtwo:

To my surprise, she's actually still building some decent buds. She won't be setting any records, but she's got the pretty colors and will hopefully still smoke well.

Absolutely, progress. That was the most amazing thing to watch though. You guys are such an inspiration, and a good part of that is your insistence on documenting everything so thoroughly. The way you kept such detailed notes and shared them with us. We now have an excellent reference for tracking the growth patterns and training techniques for how many strains? And you've been smart enough to do each strain more than once and work methodically for improvement.

Yep, inspirational. I can live with every-other-day posting. Like I really have a say in it. :laughtwo:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I didn't even make the first cycle before I broke my commitment. Not a good sign. I have still taken pictures most days, so I'll dump each day and catch back up again. If nothing else, at least it's not a week or two later this time. :)

I think my obsessive record keeping and documentation helped us immensely in the beginning, and I can't tell ya how much I love reading a journal where a someone is using a scale to track their water usage.

I honestly think my first journal is somehow better though, less data heavy for sure, but not so freakin' dry day after day. :)

Hey I just picked up the northern lights auto ! I've never grown before and I was wondering what your thoughts are on using 6500k t8 fluorescent lights.

I think if you follow the general rule of thumb of around 50 watts per foot you'll do very well. Less will still give ya product though. Other than that I'm not much help with lighting to be honest, too noob.

Congrats on getting your grow on though bud! I hope you start a journal so we can watch and help. We went two weeks into our first grow before we joined this community, and if we hadn't our first grow would have ended in failure.

Hi OGV!

I'm not tying to steal any of my boys thunder at all but I have a Video Grow journal that is littered with Northern Lights videos for comparison please feel free to check it out.

Hope it helps!

Morning Boyz!!

Nothing better than some Pigeons videos OGV.

Sub up early, there'll be bragging rights for being in on the ground floor. :) :)

Well, it's not every two day again yet, but at least I'm only a week behind.

Here's the pics from this Monday and Tuesday, October 10 and 11.

First up appears to be our second CKS Train Wreck auto, right at the halfway point (day 39, 38 days left)

And then we jump to our first CKS NYC Diesel auto at day 26, 44 days remaining

Apparently that was all the pics I took on Monday.

First up on Tuesday was our fourth CKS Early Miss auto at day 6

Next up is our first NYC Diesel again, with Charlie helping out

Our poor little third Dark Devil, who got more pics than she deserved this night, for some reason

Back to our second Train Wreck again, plus some more of the other lifeforms hanging around

Couple of our third CKS Northern Lights, with 6 days left in her schedule, which we'll very likely run out at least an additional 4 days (prefer weekend harvests anyway)

The Photos (CKS White Widow and CH9 POW 33) at 76 days, 27 days from the flip, and their clones

Couple of last minute family shots

I'm thinking about doing a TrainWreck next when I take DDA3 down. I hope I can make mine look like yours. From now on I'm gonna copy the way you've lifted them away from the soil for easier watering. Mine were a pain this cycle. :laughtwo:

The reason you took so many pictures of the DDA was because you were really trying to get good shots of Charlie. We all appreciate that. :circle-of-love:

Wow! Your CKS White Widow's looking awesome! When's that sorry DDA come down, poor thing? Doesn't it just hurt to look at her? It had to be a bad seed. Watch it be more potent. Hahaha!

I'm thinking about doing a TrainWreck next when I take DDA3 down. I hope I can make mine look like yours. From now on I'm gonna copy the way you've lifted them away from the soil for easier watering. Mine were a pain this cycle. :laughtwo:

The reason you took so many pictures of the DDA was because you were really trying to get good shots of Charlie. We all appreciate that. :circle-of-love:

Yeah, it didn't take us suffering through too many waterings before adding in some priority to ease of access through flowering. It didn't even hit me until I tried it the first time that it'd promote the lowest branches quite a bit earlier in veg as well. Happy coincidence.

Yeah, ya caught me. She was a willing subject so I just ran with it. She's been with us now for over 60 days, and she continues to entertain us with new antics every day. So cute.

Wow! Your CKS White Widow's looking awesome! When's that sorry DDA come down, poor thing? Doesn't it just hurt to look at her? It had to be a bad seed. Watch it be more potent. Hahaha!

Both of the photos are looking great to us, the white widow a touch less so honestly. That might just be my bias showing though, WW didn't get topped.

I honestly love DD3 just like all my girls! She'll still give us a couple ounces, and I popped DD4 last night. Love the ~60 day timeline, right? :) :)

I'm sorry. I tried to look at the plants but I kept getting distracted by that adorable whiskered photo bomber. SO CUTE!

You never heard this from me, but if a pic for Plant of the Month also happens to have a fuzzy in it, that pic could very well have my vote. :winkyface::winkyface: :shhh:

We have the exact same problem honestly, but it's not just the plants that get neglected. It's housework and yard work, and even my journal dammit. She's worth it though, her lifespan requires a bit more training than just adjusting a couple tie-downs once a day.

Here's the pics I have from Thursday, October 13th.

First up is EM4 at 8 days

Next apparently is the clones:

Our second Train Wreck at 42 days, 35 remaining

First NYC Diesel at 29 days, 41 remaining

White Widow photo, 78 days old and 29 days since flipping to 12/12, 27 days remaining

POW 33 photo, same as our other photo above except she's supposed to finish a week earlier

Had to grab a pic of them together, one outside the tent

Onto the autos, only have family pics from this day apparently...

Back
Top Bottom