Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

That EM3 has a great structure, thanks for those shots. How is the DIY LED lighting coming? You two are doing quite a job keeping those tents full.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

July 23 (Saturday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 72, Early Miss 3 is 58, Train Wreck is 43, Quarter Pounder is 31, and our second Lemon Skunk is 16 days old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-21 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 109 days old (day 44 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

• QP got soaked with 75% strength grow nutes, likely her last time on grow (6.71 liters with 22 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 5 ml of calmag+) at 572 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Since we watered 4 of them yesterday, today was bound to be easy. Spent a few minutes adjusting the tie downs on our first Quarter pounder before her watering, and twisted our second Lemon Skunk's first set of three leaf fans to between the lower two branches, to start setting up the three that will go to each side. She's far more upright than we usually get, no need for any help yet.

Our first Train Wreck is actually building ok buds, just small of course. I bet she'll still give us a couple ounces. No worse than the first couple we did in our first grow.

Family pics:

LS2 at 16 days (17.59 lbs, down from 18.90 after watering yesterday):

QP at 31 days (9.47 lbs down from 14.07 yesterday, 24.26 lbs after watering tonight):

TW at 43 days (29.33 lbs, down from 32.90 after watering yesterday):

EM3 at 58 days (17.91 lbs, down from 23.95 after watering yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 72 days (14.30 lbs, down from 17.87 yesterday):

PK at 109 days, 44 days from flipping (33.50 lbs, down from 36.12 after watering yesterday):

Back in the tent:

That EM3 has a great structure, thanks for those shots. How is the DIY LED lighting coming? You two are doing quite a job keeping those tents full.

I ravaged her in early flower, removing probably about a third of the skinniest branches. I had thought I might have overdone it, but she seems to have loved it. Big nute transport paths can only lead to big nugs, right? :)

We still haven't even attempted to repair our broken 900w, and think we'll likely just bite the bullet and pay to have it shipped and returned. I think it's still under warranty. We have all the parts, just old eyes for trying to do such delicate work.

I think we really just don't have the time to do DIY lights. I'm more than confident we could do it, just the time I'd put into it would have to be taken from elsewhere, and I just don't have it to give right now. We'll maybe add a perfect sun 500 or something from amare when we move into the new space in the fall.

I trashed the Jack Herer auto we started germinating last Sunday, it hadn't changed at all in probably 48 hours. So that'll leave a little space in the auto tent in the coming weeks. With our Purple Kush photoperiod finishing up, we decided to go with two photos in fabric pots, just trained like our autos and only vegged for 5 or 6 weeks. We'll hopefully have the other light fixed before they are in flower, and we really want to get some variety going there as well.

So here's what's popping tonight:

Maybe we'll finally get a CKS White Widow, our first two germinations from this pack have failed. One more and we'll contact CKS for a replacement. The replacement auto germination is to be our third CKS Northern Lights, it's a one week shorter strain than the Jack Herer it's replacing, so our expected harvest schedule isn't affected.

The vial marked with the 3 is one of the 6 seeds I won from the Haze.io - Special Ch9 Seeds Promo & Giveaway back in february, a CH9 POW 33.

P.O.W (Prisoner of War) x Aloha White Widow 98 lt. ed. X Jack33

P.O.W. 33 comes with very deep smoke odor, and the high has a very high ceiling, it is very hard to build any resistance, it is one of the most penetrating weed we tested, results in soil will equal hydroponic's potency, it is not advised for first timers, but for users who will appreciate a low tar intake by smoking less, very potent weed. It is slow burning, buds are very dense, with a great aroma,berry peppery, very appealing. The plant is fast, comes with a fabulous structure, it will complete florescence in 7-8 weeks, & we advice harvesting at 7 weeks.This herb will relieve the deepest muscle spasms, trust us.

Original description By MotarebelGenetics, before crossing it to jack33. We used a POW (Prisoner of War) female from our friend Gruru, he used breeder Pacific's Purple Indica Bx3 male and hit the Pacific G-13 clone with pollen. We crossed P.O.W with our 98 Aloha White Widow male. The result is some delicious buds that are extremely easy to grow and clone, smell and taste is very fruity/funky with a heavy punch, nice night time meds. Ready in 55 to 65 days. Short structure.

Can be grown indoor & outdoor

Flowering time 7 weeks / End of September
Indoor yield Up to 600 gr / m2
Outdoor yield Average of 300 gr outdoor or more depend on vegetative time and season, up to 500 gr
Lineage POW x Aloha White Widow 1998 X Ch9 Jack33
Bouquet Very sweet ,berry floral flavor, peppery, rich and intense aroma
Type Indica/Sativa

Sounds pretty damned good to me. :) We may even try our hand at taking a clone or two.

Here's a link to the prize package for anyone that missed it. That Sweet Seeds grinder remains a conversation piece, perfectly timed for when we started our first Dark Devil auto.

Ah, 15 per page, I'm set at 10. I think I hit page 100 on your journal about 50 pages ago by your count.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Congrats on hitting the millennium mark and your ladies look soooo awesome!!! We had poor luck with our purple Kush germination from CKS but chalked it up to us being 1st timers. We'll get a few pics of our little girls today after their 1st feed yesterday. Going to give them a few days and then move them up to the smart pots and go from there.

We always love seeing your pics, and dream ours will one day grow up too lol. Great job and as always Blessed Buds to you.

Ah, 15 per page, I'm set at 10. I think I hit page 100 on your journal about 50 pages ago by your count.

probably time to start a new journal, or just accept that this one is perpetual. :)

Congrats on hitting the millennium mark and your ladies look soooo awesome!!! We had poor luck with our purple Kush germination from CKS but chalked it up to us being 1st timers. We'll get a few pics of our little girls today after their 1st feed yesterday. Going to give them a few days and then move them up to the smart pots and go from there.

We always love seeing your pics, and dream ours will one day grow up too lol. Great job and as always Blessed Buds to you.

We follow the CKS germination instructions to the letter. We're 1/1 with Purple Kush right now, but 0/2 on White Widow. Hoping we'll finally get one this time.

I'll be heading over to your grow before I turn in tonight. Hopefully they've turned the corner.

Your PK is beautiful guys. I love the colors. Always have to close much mouth from drooling over your plants. Cheers guys!

She's really starting to foxtail now. She's supposed to have 17 days left. We'll see.

:high-five: and :passitleft:

July 24 (Sunday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 73, Early Miss 3 is 59, Train Wreck is 44, Quarter Pounder is 32, and our second Lemon Skunk is 17 days old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-21 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 110 days old (day 45 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

• EM3 got soaked with quarter strength bloom nutes (5.54 liters with 7.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B) at 352 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Still not feeling the need to do any training on our second Lemon Skunk auto. Maybe tomorrow I'll cinch up her bottom branches a bit, I'm liking bringing them up higher before stretching them out. Makes them much easier to water if nothing else.

Our first Quarter Pounder is going great as well. I clipped four larger fan leaves that were hiding other branches, but otherwise she was left alone.

What to say about our first Train Wreck.... She used more water today than ever before. She is building bud, but will never be pretty.

Our third Early Miss is on flush nutes, finally getting less than 800 ppm on her runoff. She's got 11 days by scheduled, but I'm guessing we'll bring her to 14 and harvest her two weeks from today.

Our first Amnesia Haze, Cheryl, was pulled out to weigh today and just wouldn't go back into the tent. Too floppy. So instead we set up the wash buckets and took her down. Life story and harvest post coming up, but might be tomorrow before I get to it.

LS2 at 17 days (15.84 lbs, down from 17.59 yesterday):

QP at 32 days (18.10 lbs, down from 24.26 after watering yesterday):

TW at 44 days (23.71 lbs, down from 29.33 yesterday):

EM3 at 59 days (11.74 lbs down from 17.91 yesterday, 23.96 lbs after watering tonight):

Cheryl (AH) at 73 days (10.84 lbs, down from 14.30 yesterday):

PK at 110 days, 45 days from flipping (30.34 lbs, down from 33.50 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Last family pic with Cheryl (AH):

Our first Amnesia Haze was a more challenging grow than we are used to, or my defoliation screwed her up. Either way we got toxic and light bleached, which I'm sure affected her full potential. She'll still yield above our average, but she could have been so much more.

She looks to be our first choice for an auto scrog though, next time we need a 85 day girl in the schedule maye.

Onward.

Her life story:

One Week old:
May 20 (Friday) Update. I missed last night's update.

Cheryl at 8 days (8.4 lbs down from 8.8 yesterday, 13 lbs after watering tonight:

Two Weeks:
May 26 (Thursday) Update.

Cheryl at 14 days (10.8 lbs, down from 11.6 yesterday):

Three Weeks:
June 2 (Thursday) Update.

Cheryl at 21 days (18.54 lbs, down from 22.33 after watering yesterday):

Four Weeks:
June 9 (Thursday) Update.

Cheryl (AH) at 28 days

Five Weeks:
June 16 (Thursday) Update.

Cheryl (AH) at 35 days (10.98 lbs down from 14.60 yesterday, 24.63 lbs after watering tonight):

Before feeding and tying her down:

Six Weeks:
June 23 (Thursday) Update.

Cheryl (AH) at 42 days (12.74 lbs down from 18.56 yesterday, 25.79 lbs after watering tonight):

Seven Weeks:
June 30 (Thursday) Update.

Cheryl (AH) at 49 days (18.95 lbs, down from 25.66 after watering yesterday):

Eight Weeks:
July 7 (Thursday) Update.

Our first Amnesia haze (Cheryl) got looking a little bleached out, she's been pretty close to the light for the last week or two, so we bumped it up a couple three inches or so. Other than that, it was a pretty easy night.

Cheryl (AH) at 56 days (12.17 lbs down from 17.90 yesterday, 26.60 lbs after watering tonight):

Nine Weeks:
Just a pic dump from the missing two days.

Cheryl (AH) at 63 days

Ten Weeks:
July 21 (Thursday) Update.

Our first Amnesia Haze (Cheryl) got her last watering tonight. She'll now dry out until Sunday and we'll take her down mid afternoon. I was a bit rough on her for the last couple of weeks, but she'll yield well better than our average, so I really should be bitching.

Cheryl (AH) at 70 days (12.65 lbs down from 18.46 yesterday, 25.83 lbs after watering tonight):

Tonight's before harvest pictures:

July 24 (Sunday) Update.

Our first Amnesia Haze, Cheryl, was pulled out to weigh today and just wouldn't go back into the tent. Too floppy. So instead we set up the wash buckets and took her down. Life story and harvest post coming up, but might be tomorrow before I get to it.

Cheryl (AH) at 73 days (10.84 lbs, down from 14.30 yesterday):

Hanging to dry:

What's left:

Congrats on the 100 pages :high-five:

I had trouble with 7 WW seeds from CKS. They replaced them all and so far I'm 2 for 2.

You've got some awesome grows going. You guys are really crushing it :woohoo:

:high-five: right back at ya bud.

Of the three we put into paper towel yesterday, it's the Northern Lights auto that's yet to show signs yet. It looks like we'll get a White Widow to germinate, now to see if it's just two cotyledons again.

It's gonna be a fun couple of weeks for sure. Amnesia Haze last weekend, Purple Kush this coming weekend, and Early Miss the weekend after.

Good thing we stocked up on jars.

Congratulations all around, for the harvest, and for 100 pages. :bravo: Gotta give you reps for the stellar life history on Cheryl. I sometimes wonder if you realize how valuable a resource those retrospectives are. I don't copy you because this is your thing and I don't want to take away from it, but I'm also much lazier than you are, my friend. :laughtwo:

I couldn't believe it'd been three days since I was here last. :straightface: I swear arteekay, you shouldn't let me get away with that. Yes, I've been on something of a spiritual quest, and yes, I did have to take time to get my apartment rearranged to get the tents back up, but really, there's no excuse. Next time you don't see me for a day (and I know you notice these things) come after me and tell me to get my butt over here. I feel disconnected when I haven't been to your garden in a couple days. Honestly, I showed up here today, realized how many days I'd missed and immediately understood why I've been feeling emotionally strung out all day.

I get going in so many directions sometimes and there's no one here to pull me back in time. God, I miss him.

I'll make a stronger effort to be more attentive. Your garden's such a wonder it helps to keep me centered and joyful. That QP is going to try to take your tent over. You better watch her carefully. She's planning a coup. :laughtwo:

:woohoo: Made it on page 100!!! :slide: :party:

Jay, I need to give you some rep points. Post something brilliant.

July 25 (Monday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 74, Early Miss 3 is 60, Train Wreck is 45, Quarter Pounder is 33, and our second Lemon Skunk is 18 days old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-21 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 111 days old (day 46 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

We decided to let our first Quarter Pounder go another day on her current water supply. She'll be dead empty tomorrow, the second time we've let her go completely dry. I think we'll give her one more round of grow nutes before switching her to flower. She's an 85 day strain, and I don't want to run out of nitrogen before she fully realizes her potential in flower.

A very easy day, pics and weights only.

Family pics:

LS2 at 18 days (14.51 lbs, down from 15.84 yesterday):

QP at 33 days (13.03 lbs, down from 18.10 yesterday):

TW at 45 days (19.99 lbs, down from 23.71 yesterday):

EM3 at 60 days (18.72 lbs, down from 23.96 yesterday):

PK at 111 days, 46 days from flipping (27.34 lbs, down from 30.34 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Cheryl (AH) drying update, god that first day shrink is always a bit disappointing:

Yesterday

Today

Frosty little goddess, wasn't she? :laughtwo: They're not shrinking, they're compressing. It's all in the perspective arteekay.

So, the discoloration on the lower leaves of the QP, what caused that? This is just me being curious. You use bottled nutes, something very new to me, and these are things I'm going to have to learn to recognize if I'm going to make good on my intention to successfully grow in a hempy pot with bottled nutrients.

Congratulations all around, for the harvest, and for 100 pages. :bravo: Gotta give you reps for the stellar life history on Cheryl. I sometimes wonder if you realize how valuable a resource those retrospectives are. I don't copy you because this is your thing and I don't want to take away from it, but I'm also much lazier than you are, my friend. :laughtwo:

You're welcome to it, but can't help but agree it is a bit of work to put together. It was of course created out of a need I had, to be able to quickly see where another plant was at a particular age for comparison against a current one. The need passed, I think I have a pretty good idea now where we should be, but I can't stop doing it now. :)

I couldn't believe it'd been three days since I was here last. :straightface: I swear arteekay, you shouldn't let me get away with that. Yes, I've been on something of a spiritual quest, and yes, I did have to take time to get my apartment rearranged to get the tents back up, but really, there's no excuse. Next time you don't see me for a day (and I know you notice these things) come after me and tell me to get my butt over here. I feel disconnected when I haven't been to your garden in a couple days. Honestly, I showed up here today, realized how many days I'd missed and immediately understood why I've been feeling emotionally strung out all day.

Of course I noticed. :hug:

But, I knew you'd be by for a catch up once your schedule opened up, wasn't at all worried. I've been absent from a lot of journals lately as well, all caught up in researching my upcoming Bengal as an addition to the house; behaviour, training, potential issues, new and more trees, shelves, etc. for her to burn off energy without completely tormenting the two existing floating hair sources, or us. I've weeks to wait still and I'm very much an immediate gratification guy. Surprised I'm as patient as I am with the plants, but it does help explain why we're still doing autos. Need 'em faaaast. :)

She's going to be awesome, but I fully expect her to test all of our patience. hehehehhahahaohoh. Ah.

I get going in so many directions sometimes and there's no one here to pull me back in time. God, I miss him.

Well, I can honestly say, don't look to me if you're looking for someone around to help pull you back. I'm more likely to convince ya there's one more direction to head in.

My longest relationship was 6 years, living together for 3. Took me years to get over that one and I still think of her probably once a day at least.

I'll make a stronger effort to be more attentive. Your garden's such a wonder it helps to keep me centered and joyful. That QP is going to try to take your tent over. You better watch her carefully. She's planning a coup. :laughtwo:

:woohoo: Made it on page 100!!! :slide: :party:

You come and stop by any time you want, you're only actual obligation is to see it in person, sometime in the next year or two tops. :)

That Quarter Pounder, boy she's got me a little excited I'll admit. With the train wreck beyond taking up any more floor space, she's got plenty of room to fill right out. She's still got 52 days to go, and the breeder claims she's up to 2m tall (untopped of course). I'm going to assume we'll get better than her namesake off her.

Frosty little goddess, wasn't she? :laughtwo: They're not shrinking, they're compressing. It's all in the perspective arteekay.

So, the discoloration on the lower leaves of the QP, what caused that? This is just me being curious. You use bottled nutes, something very new to me, and these are things I'm going to have to learn to recognize if I'm going to make good on my intention to successfully grow in a hempy pot with bottled nutrients.

I can honestly say the bloom fortifier we added a few month back has been noticeable, everyone's been frostier for it.

The discolorations are just nute splash. Usually I'll clean up the bottom third earlier, this time I decided to let it stay for a few more weeks and it's a bit in the way when we're watering. The other thing we are struggling with is airflow on these dense bushy little girls. Get one leaf directly on top of another, too packed in to move much, and we'll end up with sweat from the one above. Two weeks later wherever the sweat was gets discolored and eventually dies off.

Once we move out of tents we'll be using more fans, but right now every fan is taking up very valuable real estate.

Back
Top Bottom