Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

yes the buds seem whitish

That doesn't sound good man.. any possible way for you to hit them with a dark light / blue light? Like CSI dudes..? If it's mold, you can see it under a blue light. You don't wanna see a green Huey fuzz under the light, I've heard that's the best definitive way to check for mold.

I always thought spiders were protection. I ment i have no infestations i looked underneath and i didnt see anything at all. I cant see any lil dots or critters on my plants

At first I thought the same ! Spiders eat bugs, bugs bad, so spiders must be good.. haha.. yeah nah.. but in saying that, broadmites / aphids have made a mess of my leaves, In my experience those little white spiders just accelerate any other problems.. that dude on your leaf is pretty big tho, he would drink a noticeable amount of vitality outta your stems and leaves, causing new growth to look like this. They hate garlic / tomato plants, check out garlic spray recipes and give that a try. Some bugs only come out at night too.. outdoors it's hard to monitor your plants sometimes.

Not unless you wanted to put it into a bigger pot. Fabric pots are supposed to allow the roots to come out to be "air pruned", they will brown up and wither away. You can just cut them off if you want. The problem is that the rootball is going to be stuck in the pot now so you won't be ale to pull it out and put it into a larger one. You might be able to put it directly into a larger pot of soil with the pot still on it, but I don't think you'd get great drainage and if the roots prune off they will stop growing outward anyway.
No point in up potting once roots get pruned bc tap root just sent out two new feeders, once you air prune roots it's like topping a plant

She's a little wet today ! Haha, but seems to be loving the rain.
She's about 20days old in an outdoor DIY DWC, DIY netpots.
420-magazine-mobile123652881.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1096730266.jpg
420-magazine-mobile736276797.jpg

Have you grown from Kannabia before DA?
No it's my first time with them as well

I wouldnt foliar just yet, get them into decent soil and we'll go from there.

420-magazine-mobile2110729143.jpg

I got her into the espoma potting soil and fed slightly not to much with 6.8 ph ro water with 2 1/2 ml of cal mag in it
She was root bound. That's why she was sick.
I re potted her into a way bigger pot with rooting hormone in the hole I dug it it.
I sprayed neem oil all over the plants just now . And have the diatomaceous earth all over top soil.

Hey Guys- Any thoughts regarding my LST on these? They are both on day 8 of Veg. I may have topped them a little early... Would really appreciate any advice or recommendations.

VEG_GDP_LST_INDV_6_10_17.png
VEG_CD_LST_INDV_6_10_17.png

Looking good man, I topped a plant that was only at its 3rd node, she's doing really well, check out my journal for more details. She'll get really bushy with each passing week for you. What strain is it? Looks a little sativa ish?

420-magazine-mobile56867437.jpg
Baby under the knife .
420-magazine-mobile628035338.jpg

420-magazine-mobile240212100.jpg
420-magazine-mobile740262361.jpg

If she stays healthy you'll stay happy !

Looking good man, I topped a plant that was only at its 3rd node, she's doing really well, check out my journal for more details. She'll get really bushy with each passing week for you. What strain is it? Looks a little sativa ish?

Thanks, Grim!! I will definitely check your journal out. The first girl is Grand Daddy Purple and the second is CheeseDawg. I'm looking forward to them. I must say yours looks really nice. I topped mine at the third node as well.

How long do you guys normally wait to end flowering??? The loupe, probably what I'll end up but time wise? I'm @ 7 weeks thinking of letting them go til 9?

Wondering what this is and if I should do something more than I already did about it or not. To give you the datas

This is 8 plants in an autopot system. They all receive the same feeding
Yet, this only happens to one of the 8 plants, and only to a few leaves. I see new growth look good. The plant has a little bit brighter color than the others of the same strain (White widow)

001_-_deficiency.jpg

Deficiency?

002_-_deficiency.jpg

Same plant, different spot

003_-_white_widow_left_bubbleicious_right.jpg

Parts of the entire grow

I have fed them 1/4 of recommended doses of Canna Flores A & B
After seeing this I upped to 1/2 of recommended doses

That's a very individual thing

Some like to harvest when the trichomes are milky white. This is when the THC levels are at an absolute max.

Other's, including me, like to harvest when some of the trichomes have started to turn amber. That's because we like to get stoned rather than high. So it's a preference thing all depending on what kind of high you're looking for.

Get a jewelers loupe, macro lense or microscope to determine

TrikeChart.jpg

How long do you guys normally wait to end flowering??? The loupe, probably what I'll end up but time wise? I'm @ 7 weeks thinking of letting them go til 9?

that kinda depends if it's a spider or a spider-mite. They're not related. Did you know that a spider ain't even a real insect? They're in a different class of species. And they do indeed eat insects and not plants :) I am keeping a spider in my mother-tent for protection right now :) if you can see it easily and it looks like a spider, it's one of the good guys (spiders eat spider mites)

At first I thought the same ! Spiders eat bugs, bugs bad, so spiders must be good.. haha.. yeah nah.. but in saying that, broadmites / aphids have made a mess of my leaves, In my experience those little white spiders just accelerate any other problems.. that dude on your leaf is pretty big tho, he would drink a noticeable amount of vitality outta your stems and leaves, causing new growth to look like this. They hate garlic / tomato plants, check out garlic spray recipes and give that a try. Some bugs only come out at night too.. outdoors it's hard to monitor your plants sometimes.

420-magazine-mobile56867437.jpg
Baby under the knife .
420-magazine-mobile628035338.jpg

I think every member here has a photo of their feet posted. Including me.

That's a very individual thing

Some like to harvest when the trichomes are milky white. This is when the THC levels are at an absolute max.

Other's, including me, like to harvest when some of the trichomes have started to turn amber. That's because we like to get stoned rather than high. So it's a preference thing all depending on what kind of high you're looking for.

Get a jewelers loupe, macro lense or microscope to determine

TrikeChart.jpg

This definatly goes into my tool box, thanks bud!

My take on fimming, I based my grow on the pictures I found most appealing to me so I paid attention to what those growers did. When I decided to top mine I attempted to make a fim cut. Only one was sucessful but this my first time. Find a curved sharp brand new small pair of sissors in the toe nail clipper section and keep them clean like surgical instruments.
420-magazine-mobile475183156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile369559924.jpg

I got three top leaders out of one of em, I read in the instructions I found online four is possible.

I read here they need lots of sun on the tops as well as the more lumens the better. So I am throwing everything I have on em and following the directions on my two mars300 light in regards to the recommended height, I stay in the middle of the range. I keep a close eye on the temps at the tops. I hung a meat thermometer in the middle of the lights at 15 inches and I held the backside of my hand at that height as well to see if I could really feel any excessive heat. I am lucky I can air condition my room at the touch of a button.
420-magazine-mobile1329021184.jpg

For all this I did a little math which is not my strong subject and I am drawing less juice than a 1500 watt hair dryer. I have the shortest, heaviest cord I could find and only have one very good, PROTECTED power strip plugged into it. I check my cord at the outlet frequenly I just wrap my hand around the cord, mine is a LITTLE warm, ever so slightly. If if its too warm to hot in my opinion that should be addressed right away.
420-magazine-mobile885917714.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1953248919.jpg

Back
Top Bottom