Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Just went to pull my plants out to water and I found these in the pot under the plant!!! What the Hell are they? Plz don't tell me !!!! That they are what I think they are then dam it!!!!!
420-magazine-mobile1502947168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
They are male plants, sorry to say it

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

another F*#%¥-£< Son of a B€*^%# F%#^+€~| Mother S*%# F$*^¥£â‚¬ F@&$F*^%F@&$ !!!!!!!!! Ok I'm fine !!!! Lol I can see it now! They are all over the place . The Buds looked so good dam it
420-magazine-mobile486921339.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1763009673.jpg

Ok so what now? CHOP?Move away and let it grow ??? Idk so sad!!!!! Got me a Bruce Jenner!! Live-Love-Learn

Let it grow you'll still get cannabis and keep the seeds for further grows that's all you can do or chop it down. Hermies can benefit you too. You won't have to keep buying seeds

have you found out yet what caused the hermies ? Live - Love - LEARN ;)

i feel sorry for you ... ive been through it a few times ... infact i still need to harvest my first sinsemilla ... :(

Pt
Could be genetics or it was pollinated by a male. If you have other plants you better check them out also.

Thanks all who replied !!! I have 6 altogether so 2 turn d out hermi's for some reason but then I did get the seeds from a huge bag of trim that a friend gave me and her and her husband grow some of the best bud I have ever smoked or seen. So when I found seeds I was like awesome I'm growing these then after a month or so I started to think if they came from all female plants and they either turned male and polinated that 1 plant out of 50 or female stressed made pollen then the next batch grew and the bud that ha pollen rubbed on the wall then the next crop did the same and polleated itself from a crop before idk I'm really stoned been smoking JACK THE RIPPER all week like cigarettes lol anyways the seeds either came from a hermi or I some how stressed them out and they turned idk but they are staying rite where they are at for now!!! Live-Love-Learn

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Most cannabis strains will asexually reproduce ( i.e. produce male flowers and self-pollenate) if left to grow long enough. White Widow is really notorious for it because it will start to doing at about 70 days of flower, which is also right about the flowering time people want to give it for amber trichomes.

People actually use to make feminized seeds with a process called "rodelization" where you let a cannabis plant go so long they produce staminate ( male ) flowers and produce pollen. Strains that are really resilient to stress ( light leaks, interrupted cycles, etc. ) are choosen because any kind of stress can signal the plant to being to asexually propagate, so they would choose strains that were very stable and wouldn't produce staminate flowers until 80 or 90, sometimes 100 or more days into flower.

Now days feminized seeds are made with colloidal silver or other hormones that shock the plant into producing the male flowers. These strains could still have a tendency to reproduce asexually given certain stress triggers, but because the genes can be selected you can select strains that are resistant to shock as you would with rodelization, but also choose a strain that doesn't reproduce asexually in the late-early flowering stage like White Widow does.

If a plant went hermi for "no reason" that's when it's risky, because you can't predict what stresses caused it to asexually reproduce, and therefore can't prevent them carefully enough. However, if you don't push them past super late flower and keep an eye out for staminate flowers, then growing seeds from hermi plants isn't a big deal. Especially if you're just growing in a small operation.

It gets a little more risky when you're talking about big plant setups. If you can't spend the extra time and attention to examine every little node and flower site for a male flower, then just one can end up pollenating a whole room and ruining a crop. I feel like that's more of a concern for commercial growers who can't sell seedy weed, but it would still be annoying to get your sinsemilla seeded. However with small plants, and low numbers of plants, paying close enough attention and giving them enough TLC makes it unlikely you'd get a massive pollination.

Pretty much all the strains I've grown so far have been hermie bagseed. Never got a hermie so far, but I run very small numbers and keep the environment stress free. One strain I'm working with, Blackberry Kush, is apparently really prone to hermie because everyone I know growing it in this valley has gotten a seed out of a bag that came from one of our dispensaries. Still it hasn't happened to me... Yet.

420-magazine-mobile62320654.jpg

Starts to fill in nicely... this may become a nice cola

My first grow was a White Widow x Skunk#1 that looked very similar to your pic. Lots and lots of pistils, but nearly no visible tricsw by the end of the grow. What strain is that from?

My first grow was a White Widow x Skunk#1 that looked very similar to your pic. Lots and lots of pistils, but nearly no visible tricsw by the end of the grow. What strain is that from?

its a blue dream auto Humboldt Seeds ... she still has a loong way to go she is now in day 62 from seed ... i guess another 4 weeks at least she seems sativa heavy and is on the slow side

Pt

edit: i know HSO says 75 days ... please dont say you cut yours at the day that the seedbank said ...

Im going to start using maxigro nutes next time i water, and try get more light to see if this will help them grow better. The one on the dresser is too close to the heater, so i will try moving it. Any other advice for me?

Hi everyone I need your help. I'm planning on growing one plant (cindy99) 600w hps, so i placed my seed in the jiffy plug and today is the 5th day, I got a propagation where it is placed in the dark in my tent. I have read everywhere it takes 24/48hours for it to sprout, lastnight I opened up the jiffy plug to see what is up with the seed. And it sprouted but very small. Waiting this long is it normal guys?

Back
Top Bottom