Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Think I should tip these guys?
420-magazine-mobile854256628.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2042224703.jpg

The one in the first pic is big enough for sure, the main thing is if you have enough room to get your snips/scissors in to do the job.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

hold the main stalk between your index and middle finger close enough to the cutting area that those fingers support the stalk good and with your thumb, shove the new growth any direction till it pops off. Same end result.

What would the best line of nutrients for someone to use who has basically no knowledge besides "just add water"? I'm giving a friend one of my clones that I took off of a flowering mother plant, and she has no clue. If it dies it dies, but I've seen some line of nutes that are A,B, or C.

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

What would the best line of nutrients for someone to use who has basically no knowledge besides "just add water"? I'm giving a friend one of my clones that I took off of a flowering mother plant, and she has no clue. If it dies it dies, but I've seen some line of nutes that are A,B, or C.

I should have probably added soil, the growing medium.

This is from Advanced Nutrients concerning their PH Perfect base nutes:

The pH Perfect base nutrient has some specific ingredients( chelates, surfactants, amino acids as well as buffers) that increase the pH spectrum to continue the plants ability to absorb nutrients between 4.0 and 8.0 pH without the concern of having to re-adjust the pH so many times, like you would have to with a simple salt formula. You should use a water supply Tap water )providing the ppm value is no more than 150 ppm otherwise you may want to consider using RO water ( which normally has a 0 ppm level.) As far as adjusting pH it is not necessary, the additives will do the work for you. If you have any other questions or concerns please call our Growers Support line at 800-640-9605 as we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Regards

Growers Support

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Pretty sure you can use any line of nutes with soil, just make sure it's very diluted and only use it every 2-3 waterings. I've used General Hydroponics in a soil grow with no serious ill effects (it was my first grow).

hi snid , i have newbie problems i dont understand whats happening to my plants could you help me figure out what? pls?

420-magazine-mobile1262893297.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1313152537.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1665194154.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hi snid , i have newbie problems i dont understand whats happening to my plants could you help me figure out what? pls?

Hi, are you foliar feeding? Your leaves look rather wet. What type of media are you using? Is it soil? If you know the room temp and humidity, that would also be helpful to note and share.

Hi, are you foliar feeding? Your leaves look rather wet. What type of media are you using? Is it soil? If you know the room temp and humidity, that would also be helpful to note and share.

whats foliar feeding?. the leaves are wet because i just sprayed some linseed oil that the guy gave me coz he said i might have bug problems. and also i have this white spots on the main stem that seemed to be fungus.(but after a week of spraying it still there) yes im growing with soil, the temp ranges from 24-27. and humidity is at 47-51%. thats kind of normal right?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

AN has great products but they are expensive. Im trying Roots Organic. You can get a 'Player' pack for about $45 that has your base, supplements and even some powders for top dressing (they are h2o soluble also). 100% organic. We'll see how it goes. They have a simple feeding schedule available too.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

whats foliar feeding?. the leaves are wet because i just sprayed some linseed oil that the guy gave me coz he said i might have bug problems. and also i have this white spots on the main stem that seemed to be fungus.(but after a week of spraying it still there) yes im growing with soil, the temp ranges from 24-27. and humidity is at 47-51%. thats kind of normal right?

Your room stats are good, more so for veg (18/6). Foliar feeding is supplementing nutes into the leaves using a spray. It is very unwise to treat problems that don't yet exist. First verify that you see something, and if unsure what, do nothing outside of your routine and research the problem. Especially in a soil grow, you have more time to become better informed, so you're good there. I would discontinue using linseed oil until I was able to verify any possible side effects.

Have you checked out 420's "How To" section? There's a bunch of info in the "Nutrient Deficiencies & Sick Plant Symptoms" section that can help you better diagnose the most likely reason your plant is behaving the way it is. Sometimes, it's not as simple of a problem as over feeding, and there are a few other variables to consider. You being the one that is providing the light, water and general growing environment have first hand knowledge of all of these other variables. So when reading through, you can rule out some deficiencies or toxicities and gradually narrow your list down to likely candidates. Also get in the practice of using Google or other search engines. There's a lot of gardeners out there that have had and documented their problems.

When I get some spare time, I'll try to get you some viable info and try to help thin your list of possible solutions, but in the meantime, please do your diligence and continue posting questions and doing web searches for your answer(s).

Back
Top Bottom