Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

420-magazine-mobile1189861358.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1022827296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile830730205.jpg

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and what I need to fix this transplanted from grow mix to light mix 18hours ago other plant doing great just this one has gone weird

Yellow tips looks like too much nitrogen. What is ph in run off . What kind of medium and under led lighting? Photo or auto bud

Looks like a good meter to expensive tho.. i have like 50 dollars.. sorry didn't write that in the original post...

If your cheap meter is off by a tenth or two, it won't make that big of a difference. It's more important that we stay in certain ranges than to keep the solution to constant precisely measured 5.8. I personally like an upswing from near 5.8 to near 6.2 throughout a week or so. IMO, your cheap meter will do you just fine till money is less of a concern when buying a new one.

Yeah absolutely he could try and push on with her but with 2 separate areas already badly attacked I can only see it spreading and getting worse, it's a risk keeping the plant going in the same enviroment that caused the first 2 areas of rot (botrytis). For me personally if it was me I'd want to save what smoke was left but yes of course he can risk trying to finish her but I don't fancy it's chances looking at it. It seems to have spread to multiple bud sites. I'd go for damage limitation myself

Then my advice is to harvest the clean bud you have left. An outbreak of botrytis isn't something to take chances with so if it was my plant and it had budrot in not one but two or three colas I'd assume it will continue and harvest. You can try removing the infected areas, cleaning the surrounding stem on the plant with cotton buds and a safe alcohol based solution to kill any remaining mould spores from the area it was attached to the plant, lower humidity to 40% maximum and do not allow the buds to get wet, certainly don't spray the buds with any liquid at this stage. The choice is yours, contain and clean her up and continue or save the bud you have now to smoke. I feel your pain though my friend, it's horrible when budrot catches you out.

420-magazine-mobile1189861358.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1022827296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile830730205.jpg

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and what I need to fix this transplanted from grow mix to light mix 18hours ago other plant doing great just this one has gone weird
This can Happen sometime. In my actual Journal ist one Plant that acts Like that too And even worse. But after some time, she turned Out completely fine. Check it out, it was in the First few Days. It Just was Like, one day she was healthy, but the next day she was totally weird

Like I mentioned. Removing the infected areas, cleaning up the surrounding area and continuing to flower her is an option and may be enough with environmental changes like humidity lowering to support the clean up operation but you must be alert to it spreading and vigilant because this isn't a bit of powdery mildew on fan leaves this is a mould that will eat the entire cola of smokable bud from the inside out and leave you will a load of grey black gloop inside a thin green shell in a matter of days. I've seen whole crops of 20 plus plants lost to bud rot because the mould was not contained properly and overlooked as being nothing serious. It's heartbreaking to chop them early but some times it's about cutting your losses and saving what you do have. If you continue to grow her drop humidity and water her a lot less often as excessive moisture is the enemy now.

Then my advice is to harvest the clean bud you have left. An outbreak of botrytis isn't something to take chances with so if it was my plant and it had budrot in not one but two or three colas I'd assume it will continue and harvest. You can try removing the infected areas, cleaning the surrounding stem on the plant with cotton buds and a safe alcohol based solution to kill any remaining mould spores from the area it was attached to the plant, lower humidity to 40% maximum and do not allow the buds to get wet, certainly don't spray the buds with any liquid at this stage. The choice is yours, contain and clean her up and continue or save the bud you have now to smoke. I feel your pain though my friend, it's horrible when budrot catches you out.
Most types of mold spread Out of you decrease your humidity. The fungus recognizes and then thinks its time to spread Out when humidity Drops.

This can Happen sometime. In my actual Journal ist one Plant that acts Like that too And even worse. But after some time, she turned Out completely fine. Check it out, it was in the First few Days. It Just was Like, one day she was healthy, but the next day she was totally weird
Crocodoc what's happening brother yeah they were fine I took them out of the 8 litre pot managed to split them now one is In the 20litre other is in the 16litre and this one has gone all weird
Nutrients turn up in morning trying to think of something I can add now to control the nitrogen until then

I had a similar problem with a young Master Kush recently, I had the leaf barrelling and a few blotches here and there but I'm happy to report she grew right out of it as she got older and is as healthy as all the other Master Kush started at the same time. I think it can be a reaction to the soil change myself, that's what I put it down to, going from one compost with a certain blend of nutrients and then into a completely different one with a different level of nutrients. That's exactly what I did and I had the one MK react with barrelled leaves and some clawing and spots on leaves. Your plant should be fine in another week or so once new growth becomes established and roots get used to their new soil.

Crocodoc what's happening brother yeah they were fine I took them out of the 8 litre pot managed to split them now one is In the 20litre other is in the 16litre and this one has gone all weird
Nutrients turn up in morning trying to think of something I can add now to control the nitrogen until then
I dont know what happened. But in my eyes, this ist No nitrogen excess or so. Bright Green Leaves, and absolutely No! Tip burn at your Photos. My plant looked exactly the Same, really. I never figured Out where it came from and it was like, boom its there one day. I Just let it grew Out. In my eyes, its a genetical Mutation. My Lady Had a Lot of tri Leaves builded after she Had recovered. Maybe that will Happen to yours to. Just treat her Like the healthy Sisters of her and bei Patient.

Hey everyone,

I just switched over to flowering a few days ago and I'm considering adding in Molasses.

Soil- FF Ocean Forest
7 gallon fabric pots
Water- Reverse Osmosis
2- 300watt Led lights

Nutes- I'm using 3ml Cal Mag, 2 Tbsp FF Big Bloom and 3/4 tsp Tiger Bloom(first dose).

My worry is mixing Cal Mag and Molasses, since molasses has calcium, magnesium and iron. Will that be an issue?

That's interesting I didn't actually know that. I just speak from my own experience growing in the uk in an often humid environment and having battled budrot many times in my earlier years of growing. I found in the uk using dehumidifiers and the like totally lowered the botrytis risk indoors and using circulating fans and an exhaust system in my outdoor light deprivation shed for flowering outdoor plants also helped. I found any moisture on top colas and high humidity the sworn enemy, almost guaranteed to cause an outbreak and simply couldn't tolerate it in the uk climate both indoor and out. I actually had no idea lowering humidity encouraged the mould to spread so I've actually learnt something myself

That's interesting I didn't actually know that. I just speak from my own experience growing in the uk in an often humid environment and having battled budrot many times in my earlier years of growing. I found in the uk using dehumidifiers and the like totally lowered the botrytis risk indoors and using circulating fans and an exhaust system in my outdoor light deprivation shed for flowering outdoor plants also helped. I found any moisture on top colas and high humidity the sworn enemy, almost guaranteed to cause an outbreak and simply couldn't tolerate it in the uk climate both indoor and out. I actually had no idea lowering humidity encouraged the mould to spread so I've actually learnt something myself
Thats true, Low humidity lowers the risk to get mold. But once you got some, a rapid decrease in humidity will dry Out the spores and make them fly to other places because of your air circulation. When humidity raises again, boom there is the problem

I dont know what happened. But in my eyes, this ist No nitrogen excess or so. Bright Green Leaves, and absolutely No! Tip burn at your Photos. My plant looked exactly the Same, really. I never figured Out where it came from and it was like, boom its there one day. I Just let it grew Out. In my eyes, its a genetical Mutation. My Lady Had a Lot of tri Leaves builded after she Had recovered. Maybe that will Happen to yours to. Just treat her Like the healthy Sisters of her and bei Patient.
Only happened since transplant and the medium I use is same I used years ago the grow mix has enough nutrients for 3 weeks now I've switched to light mix it has is very low nutrients ready for me to control what it gets. I think it's stressed because of the transplant to different pots so I give it a chance to correct itself

Only happened since transplant and the medium I use is same I used years ago the grow mix has enough nutrients for 3 weeks now I've switched to light mix it has is very low nutrients ready for me to control what it gets. I think it's stressed because of the transplant to different pots so I give it a chance to correct itself
Just be patient. If you use lightmix, expect them to be asking for N in about a week after transplant. Thats how i did it with my Autos in comparable Soil

Does someone know how to get my 420 App working again. When i Switch to my Notifications, it Just Shows me some from a few Days ago. In my Standby screen, it correctly Displays the Number of new messages, but of i Tap on it, it doesnt Display them correct. I tried deleting my Cache and deleted all the other Data aswell but it didnt Work. Any ideas or someone familiar with this?

Back
Top Bottom