Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Ok after seeing the new pics I think the deficiency, however it's been caused, is a phosphorous deficiency maybe coupled with a potassium deficiency. I'd ask a few more growers opinions to be certain but I think too much N has locked those out. The leaf clawing/barrelling suggests N Tox so the P & K deficiency makes sense, flushing would seem to be the best option. Definitely double check leaves for mites though. I wouldn't expect to see the distorted leaves recover so it's all about the new growth after the flush.

There aren't any mites on my plants
And I'll flush her tomorrow
When I run the flush how many gallons should I run through and what strength nutes in the gallon of water or gallons

Ok so have a look on the bottom of the plant pot for the size and flush 3 x the amount of plain ph'd water through the pot. So if it's a 10 litre pot you need to run 30 litres of plain ph'd water through her and then simply observe new growth for a few days for signs of recovery. You could even perform the flush with a very low level of nutrients in the water to replace the bad with the good but as it's suspected toxicity of N I'd personally just use plain ph'd water, observe for a few days then resume feeding when soil is dry enough to water but at 1/4 strength, you can gradually work the nutrients back up with each feed as you observe what the plant needs. Have you inspected the plant thoroughly for bugs? Mites in particular can cause similar leaf distortion but normally accompanied by speckles on the leaf from their bites. It's always worth having a good magnifier and examining the underside of the leaves when you have leaf distortion issues incase it is mites. I'm not trying to worry you and it's most likely just clawed from over fertilising but mites also make leaves look like that accompanied by bite speckles and if very severe webbing. Always pays to rule them out mate.

Okay I will do just that and I check the bottom of my leaves everyday and there are no mites or bite marks so most likely it will be the defficiency so I will run the ph'd water through with very light nutes. 1/4 strength

Hello helpful and happy growers!!

Soooo much great info and advice, thank you all!!

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 4x4x80" and was wondering if two 450w dimmable LED's, not really clear on the sponsor thing so won't say brand but they are not the $1,000 more like the $200 type LED's, would be enough light to cover the 16 square feet of area??

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!

Hello helpful and happy growers!!

Soooo much great info and advice, thank you all!!

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 4x4x80" and was wondering if two 450w dimmable LED's, not really clear on the sponsor thing so won't say brand but they are not the $1,000 more like the $200 type LED's, would be enough light to cover the 16 square feet of area??

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!
How many plants ? And what is the actual watts used? Per light

help im in the 8th week of flower and im getting a ton of yellow leaves i have been watering normally with just phed water and molasses the past week have i done something here? Am i in big trouble first time grower here nl autos in ffof soil 5 gal smart pots with 2x1000 hps in a 4x8 tent ps the tricomes are all cloudy but have not seen any amber was waiting for a few to chop
20170717_140905.jpg
20170717_140838.jpg
20170717_140827.jpg

harvest time !!!! ;)

Got a question for you fine folks. I've just discovered that I missed a hermie pod or something and all 4 of my plants have seeds in them. Some plants have more than others. I'm in week 6 of flower with some great looking, but seeded buds. Should I yank them and deal with immature seeded pot, or let them mature? I won't use the seeds due to the hermie trait. But if they mature, will the smoke be better? or will all the increase in weight just be seed weight? I'm leaning towards yanking them and starting a new crop.

Got a question for you fine folks. I've just discovered that I missed a hermie pod or something and all 4 of my plants have seeds in them. Some plants have more than others. I'm in week 6 of flower with some great looking, but seeded buds. Should I yank them and deal with immature seeded pot, or let them mature? I won't use the seeds due to the hermie trait. But if they mature, will the smoke be better? or will all the increase in weight just be seed weight? I'm leaning towards yanking them and starting a new crop.

whats 2 weeks to ya ??? it will still be smokable but sinsemilla packs alot of weight in last few weeks ... seeded weed will not... but go to jamaica, aghanistan, mali ...wherever you can think that has landraces and buy local weed and it will likely be seeded weed ... it'll still hit that spot

Its still smoke able can make canna butter with this crop..if ur tight on meds wait it out ..seed dive threw your buds ..sorry my friend.. If you have veg plants ready to flower ..you netter clean really go so this dont happen again what strain

I have one growing just like that with the swelling of the nodes .... some say node swelling can be a early sign of a male but this woold be good test to see .whait until you see preflowers and update me i will do the same for you .Mine have been in veg about two weeks and your ?

. From Africa
mine had node swell. they are week 5 flower and doing well.

Back
Top Bottom