Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Need help please. I paid alot of money for these Ethos Mandarin Sunset seeds. Im growing in a closet with 2 other plants. This one is the only plant with leaf issues. Temps have been in the mid 70s with around 55rh. I can tell shes struggling. Very slow growth. Idk what the deficiency is. The other 2 are different strains n twice the size very green n healthy. Idk what todo. Shes in promix hp with a lil rootsorganics mixed in transplanted her a week ago. I give it distilled water with organic nuits n microbes. Any help would be greatly appreciate thanks.
420-magazine-mobile984005108.jpg

420-magazine-mobile461398762.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1761744746.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1708475980.jpg

Need help please. I paid alot of money for these Ethos Mandarin Sunset seeds. Im growing in a closet with 2 other plants. This one is the only plant with leaf issues. Temps have been in the mid 70s with around 55rh. I can tell shes struggling. Very slow growth. Idk what the deficiency is. The other 2 are different strains n twice the size very green n healthy. Idk what todo. Shes in promix hp with a lil rootsorganics mixed in transplanted her a week ago. I give it distilled water with organic nuits n microbes. Any help would be greatly appreciate thanks.

Are you pHing your water? I've learned the hard way that wrong water pH is a killer!!

If your pH is ok I'd guess nitrogen deficiency...
420-magazine-mobile1968254123.jpg

Hope this helps

Are you pHing your water? I've learned the hard way that wrong water pH is a killer!!

If your pH is ok I'd guess nitrogen deficiency...
420-magazine-mobile1968254123.jpg

Hope this helps
I try my best i use ph strips that aren't exact at all but try to get it close. Idk the ph of the soil either maybe that could be causing it. Never thought to check cuz the others are good same soil.

I try my best i use ph strips that aren't exact at all but try to get it close. Idk the ph of the soil either maybe that could be causing it. Never thought to check cuz the others are good same soil.
I bit the bullet and bought a pH pen after I killed like 4 seedlings from super high pH water on my second grow.

I used them for my first grow and it was fine. But the autoflower I'm fixing to chop really suffered from improper pH.

I found that when the water's pH was 5.8, the litmus strip matched the color for 6, which I thought was close enough. It wasn't. My plant suffered serous P and K deficiencies. I believe that mistake cost me in potential yield. Once I got a decent pH meter and started compensating for the low pH of the soil (that I caused), she started looking much better.

Lesson learned. Proper pH is way more important than I initially gave it credit for.

420-magazine-mobile984005108.jpg

420-magazine-mobile461398762.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1761744746.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1708475980.jpg
That looks like a magnesium deficiency. In soil you need your ph at 6.5 so make sure thats ok plus with distilled water you should run some calmag. Magnesium is a mobile nutrient in a plant so the plant can move it around. It will start by taking it from the lower leaves and moving it to new growth but if you dont stop it then it will get worse quickly. Each strain is different in its requirements so its possible the other plants are getting close to a deficiency too.

Anyone got a decent brownie recipe
I usually decarb about 2 ounces of trim for 50 min on about 250 in the oven. I then mix it with a pound of butter and a half to full cup of water (depending) on how much weed you used, in a slow cooker (crock pot) set on low for 8 hours.it will stink but in a good way lol. Drain into glass bowl with cheese cloth or fine grade strainer. Set in fridge for 24 hours to separate. Makes really good brownies in my opinion. Hope it helps

Any other ideas? Id have to put so much in this sand I may as well grow in straight pearlite and go hydro.

I feel like I need some more carbon (browns) in my soil, like wood.
I've always heard not to put wood chips in. You might be able to mix some hydrotron in, like them clay pebbles. Hopefully somebody with more soil experience can jump in. Think of switching to coco on your next man it's such great shit

I've always heard not to put wood chips in. You might be able to mix some hydrotron in, like them clay pebbles. Hopefully somebody with more soil experience can jump in. Think of switching to coco on your next man it's such great shit
Plus one on the hydroton or some xtra chunky perlite

I usually decarb about 2 ounces of trim for 50 min on about 250 in the oven. I then mix it with a pound of butter and a half to full cup of water (depending) on how much weed you used, in a slow cooker (crock pot) set on low for 8 hours.it will stink but in a good way lol. Drain into glass bowl with cheese cloth or fine grade strainer. Set in fridge for 24 hours to separate. Makes really good brownies in my opinion. Hope it helps
That's perfect thanks mate got to make the misses some as she doesn't enjoy smoking

Back
Top Bottom