Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hello 420 fam, I am seeking advice on using straight promix as a growing medium. I have 4 feminized photo plants in veg. I was watering at 6.3-6.5 thinking this was soil.

So far on here a couple people have told me to aim for 5.8-6

Is there any promix specific threads going?
I'm using flora nova grow and bloom, I water till run off and wait till they are light again (weight). I've just never tried soilless,as I've only tried FFOF
C7A036F0-C453-44E5-AE3D-2EBBAB61BD76.jpeg
C0652685-DF84-476D-8F6E-3C5C27566CA4.jpeg
A244B888-DAEE-4C42-BD60-DF9F7F215CD8.jpeg
420-magazine-mobile162833468.jpg

Hello 420 fam, I am seeking advice on using straight promix as a growing medium. I have 4 feminized photo plants in veg. I was watering at 6.3-6.5 thinking this was soil.

I'm using flora nova grow and bloom, I water till run off and wait till they are light again (weight). I've just never tried soilless,as I've only tried FFOF

Hey buddy I used promix for too long .
I'm now on coco for so many better reasons

But I would add next time 20-30% perlite for better aeration in that medium pro mix go hold moisture and you want to treat promix like coco by feeding it every day and charging the medium . See you have some other issues going on you got a journal I can swing by ?

Also looks like nitro deficiency as well and possible
420-magazine-mobile974216882.jpg

420-magazine-mobile299585201.jpg
420-magazine-mobile791432166.jpg

Now I do t think it's nitro def after Look I think it's more magnesium or p def?

But I would add next time 20-30% perlite for better aeration in that medium pro mix go hold moisture and you want to treat promix like coco by feeding it every day and charging the medium . See you have some other issues going on you got a journal I can swing by ?
Swing by were are u lol. I really want to go to Coco not sure how to use. But you're 100% right that fro makes takes forever to dry thought it was just me.

So this morning I'm suppose to water...I can give you the real Numbers.
69.7 degrees ,tap water, ppm is 70, I added 3tsp of Cal. Mag. And then pH to 6.5, now the ppm is 330. This was mixed into 5 gallons(one bucket) if your saying 680 is concrete. What should it be after nutes?

680 is "liquid concrete" for tap water with nothing added.
70 PPM is semi-soft--not bad at all.
So now you've got Ca/Mg in your water. Are you going to add the fertilizer now?

Swing by were are u lol. I really want to go to Coco not sure how to use. But you're 100% right that fro makes takes forever to dry thought it was just me.

If you thinking off switching to coco swing by my journal and you will see how simple it is and tbe benefits of doing so. I got loads info going on i there and always answer questions.

I'm completely stumped. It's been roughly a month since I over fed my plants (fox farm trio, gave them all 3 at once) and 3 are ok and 3 have hardly grown at all and still show signs of excess nitrogen. Haven't watered them in over a week as I thought it may have been overwater. Not a bug in site,
-temps around 70
-humidity 35-45%
-Running 200w CFLs
-at roughly week 10 of veg (had some nute problems in the beginning as well which stunted growth

What are my options at this point
420-magazine-mobile1257080324.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1770081335.jpg

You could try repotting them in a slightly bigger pot and use smart pots or fabric pots instead of plastic ones. This provide more aeration to roots and give a bit more space for them to grow. 10 weeks in a pot that size is a long time. Also add some great white mycorrhizae andnif your budget allows add some voodoo juice and sensizym. This combination will super charge tbe roots and in doing so will reinvigorate the plants.

Also how many cfls are there in there? Cfls arent the best for growing large plants, they are good for starting seedlings and thats about it. What light do you plan to run for flower?

Finally think of switching to coco coir next grow. Its much better than growing in soil as its a hydroponic medium which allows for better aeration of the rootzone. It will produce bigger, stronger plants in a faster time period and you cant over water. So if you have a problem with over fertilizing its pretty easy to bring the media back into balance.

Make the switch jump into my current journal not to far along just skip to where I say updates you will learn a lot . I can help you anytime bug away I owe it 420 mag they you guys saved my life you ya e no idea...

I'm using coco right now and I can tell you that is a wonderful medium. This is my first grow so no experience with anything else, but the coco has not allowed me to overwater and my girls seem to be thriving regardless of any mistakes I make. It is also pest resistant as I understand.

I'm using coco right now and I can tell you that is a wonderful medium. This is my first grow so no experience with anything else, but the coco has not allowed me to overwater and my girls seem to be thriving regardless of any mistakes I make. It is also pest resistant as I understand.
How can I get on your journal

Yessir, the link is
Promix problems - Noob needin' some help

I've heard so many different "fixes" now, which i absolutely appreciate. Just want to make the right move so I can turn these girls into a success story haha

For those whom answered my questions again I thank you. Ended up with 58 grams all jared up. So in 14 days ill pop the top. In 11 days I retire. Aint life wonderful. Plus Georgia in the final 4. Roll Tide.

Back
Top Bottom