Auto flowering schedules

I don't know for sure that this specific strain flowers in 21 days, I was paraphrasing what I've learned thus far about autos, which leads me to believe that they're pretty much all genetically programmed to flower in about 3 weeks. So for mine to do so in exactly 21 days seemed close enough to me to be "exactly on schedule." Of course, as I keep pointing out, I'm new to this, and all of my "opinions" are based strictly on internet "research" so far.

Also, I say Day 21, but that's from when I put the un-germinated seeds into soil. If you count the age from the first day a sprout poked above the soil, it's 18 days. If anything, perhaps this supports my hypothesis.

I'm glad you're smelling what I'm cooking, though, it's good to know I'm not totally out of my tree. :hmmmm:

Great info on Auto's. Has anyone had any experience with Purple AF's or BioDiesel Mass AF? I've got one of each in at the moment and a Chocolope Fem. :nicethread:

-J.

I grew Bio mass a couple of times, it was a great grower very fast and strong
I seem to remember the buzz was very relaxing an couchlock

I grew Bio mass a couple of times, it was a great grower very fast and strong
I seem to remember the buzz was very relaxing an couchlock

Awesome, that's great news. She's a little slow at the moment but I think that's coz I accidentally almost killed her with a lack of H2O.. :(
She's stood back up and is slowly on the way now..

My purple has just started budding.. :D

-J.

Great info here thanks.
Any advise on if/when to CHANGE the light cycle?
Im running a couple AF's, under 400 MH and some 25w UVB. In soil.
We are at week 3, under 18/6.
My thoughts were to change the cycle when i see (hopefully) some flowering.
I was going to put them under my 1k watt HPS for 12/12 with my photo plants. I don't care about the time to crop, I want the most bang for my buck.
Opinions?

How did that 12/12 1000w work out?

I have 2 RQS Bubble Kush Autos about 4 wks along at 1000w and 18/6, beside 2 photo bag seed plants. Am thinking of changing to 12/12 to hurry the photo plants along but don't want to hinder the autos. (there's another strain I want to do Soon) I'll probably just let them run wild. Take a look at my journal and let me know what you'd do. Always open to new methods and ideas.

I've been growing autos for coupla 3 yrs now.My first grow at 24/0 gave me 1 oz - 1 1/2 oz per plant, I now grow using 18/6, with about same results, usually an oz or more per plant, and plants vary in height from 18" to almost 36 ". Right now have an OG Kush at 28 " and a Skunk at 24 ' on day 40 from seed, 5 others from 14" and up. I have tried many diff. methods, and always do best starting in rapid rooters and putting in 3 gal pots as soon as tap root shows thru bottom. I have tried starting in solo cups and not transplanting until sex shows, usually 4th week, only to end up having tiny plants, 6 -7 -8''. So I've had very good results 24/0 and 18/6, and will stay with 18/6 as I believe they need some dark time, plus it's better on my elec bill, but i still run 24/0 until flowers show, then go 18/6, my temps usually vary somewhere between 70's to 80's, the highest about 84-85, depending on how good my a/c works. All my grows have been in br closets in mobile homes. I have found out that starting in smaller pots then transplanting to larger does not work well at all for autoflowers. I can usually harvest around 70-80 days from the day i plant seed, some sooner, some later, depending on strain. Finally got a real house on 6 acres and am looking forward to growing my first reg plant, I have never seen a live mj plant over 3 ft tall, and cant wait to get started. I have some old pics of early grows but dont know how to post them, but you can go to my pics and see them. PEACE!

I've been growing autos for coupla 3 yrs now.My first grow at 24/0 gave me 1 oz - 1 1/2 oz per plant, I now grow using 18/6, with about same results, usually an oz or more per plant, and plants vary in height from 18" to almost 36 ". Right now have an OG Kush at 28 " and a Skunk at 24 ' on day 40 from seed, 5 others from 14" and up. I have tried many diff. methods, and always do best starting in rapid rooters and putting in 3 gal pots as soon as tap root shows thru bottom. I have tried starting in solo cups and not transplanting until sex shows, usually 4th week, only to end up having tiny plants, 6 -7 -8''. So I've had very good results 24/0 and 18/6, and will stay with 18/6 as I believe they need some dark time, plus it's better on my elec bill, but i still run 24/0 until flowers show, then go 18/6, my temps usually vary somewhere between 70's to 80's, the highest about 84-85, depending on how good my a/c works. All my grows have been in br closets in mobile homes. I have found out that starting in smaller pots then transplanting to larger does not work well at all for autoflowers. I can usually harvest around 70-80 days from the day i plant seed, some sooner, some later, depending on strain. Finally got a real house on 6 acres and am looking forward to growing my first reg plant, I have never seen a live mj plant over 3 ft tall, and cant wait to get started. I havent been on here for a while and forgot how to post pics, but you can see a few of them in my gallery. PEACE!

18-6 & 20-4 both work well....I havent had less then 35grams from a auto ever...Atrain is the auto king...He grows some big autos
Pot size matters when it comes to auto's ....Dont transplant them#1 - 3gallon up on pot size- I only use a 300watt led the whole way...I do use lst, and i top them also....
WP_20160122_12_33_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20160122_12_36_30_Pro.jpg
Here are a couple pics of my Early miss i grew ...

I am now transplanting my autos with great success. Stronger root balls and no decrease in yield and very little signs of shock

I think the no transplanting of autos was good when autos were not as stable or vigoris. The autos now are yielding more and are very strong and resilient

I also top and use 18/6
Ymmv

Autos are great and produce huge yields;) 18/6 light cycle is bang on for autos for maximum yield.u want a big auto buy a big strong auto bean.dutch passion id say are the best.there autos are insane.also with an auto always pot into final pot for a big plant.u will see a diffrence.and u can top lst defol pretty much do anything to an auto if done at the correct times.with monster plant results take a look.at my auto topping thread on my sig and my current grow;) lots of key info .and pics dont lie;) hope this helps.any questions just ask.happy growing every1;)

Autos are great and produce huge yields;) 18/6 light cycle is bang on for autos for maximum yield.u want a big auto buy a big strong auto bean.dutch passion id say are the best.there autos are insane.also with an auto always pot into final pot for a big plant.u will see a diffrence.and u can top lst defol pretty much do anything to an auto if done at the correct times.with monster plant results take a look.at my auto topping thread on my sig and my current grow;) lots of key info .and pics dont lie;) hope this helps.any questions just ask.happy growing every1;)

Hey Beast do you have any in depth feeds/links to when/how to top and LST an auto? What strains from dutch passion would you recommend?

Posted via my iPhone 6s from Above and Beyond... Stay high

additionnally, according to biobizz about the nutrient schedule.

Basically, there is not that much difference in the schedule when you grow Autoflowers with Biobizz products. The only thing you have to remember is that autoflowers do not like to much Nitrogen when they have not started flowering yet. So keep Bio-grow or Fish-mix dosages at 1ml per liter maximum. For all other products you can dosages as to plant requirement.

I will be on 20/4 light cycle for autos from now on.

U wna know about pushing auto limits take a look at the links in my sig.lots to learn. And u want a big plant go for dutch passion autoxtreme;) u will like the results for sure.happy growing every1;)

take a look at my last grow too, they were 18/6 for half of their life and 12/12 for the rest and still got over 2oz/plant easy maybe more , but I used topping and LST, and I think that going down to 12/12 actually hurt them. From what ive read 18/6 is the way to go with autos. my last grow they went on for almost 4 months seed to harvest with the topping and LST so cant really tell what makes them flower yet will have to grow a few more rounds. started one this week :) will see what happens

happy growing :)

Back
Top Bottom