Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

I have some unfortunate news, I believe.

So, I started a second grow, but I only have one tent. Inside that tent, I have two plants nearing harvest, so I have a fan blowing on them. Also inside that tent, I have 4 seedlings that definitely had windburn. Looking back over my journal, They seem about the same size, for the most part, but I swear the sex wasn't showing this early into the grow. These babies cracked the surface on feb. 11th, which puts them at about 3 1/2 weeks old. Should I be seeing pistols this early or did the wind burn cause them to go into pre flower early?

What kinda growth should I look forward to if they are showing beginning to pre flower?

Cheers!
Either way they are about to flower now lol. You are correct though some times wind burn will make them go into flower. The genetics of them I guess. I think they do that because they have more strength to fight stress when they are in flower. They can usually push through almost everything if it's not overly severe

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm interested in this as well. I've read where different types of stress could cause them to stay in veg longer, and some types of stress causes pre flowering. I for sure don't know. Maybe some of the more experienced folks will chime in.

I will say I have a couple of cks early miss &/or NYCd autos that are 4 days older, and some are exact same age. A lot of them are showing preflower too. Or pistils I should say if they are the same. I've only given one round of 1/4 strength an ph perfect grow micro bloom to only two plants.
My early miss started showing at about 4-4.5 weeks. My second was even slower. Both started growing the same day one is way different then the other. Must have came from a different plant, or they screwed up because my second one looks like Jack h

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Incredible bulk,blue Mazar and tha sinitz or however it's spelt haha I'm in the uk they are a few good yielding autos I know of can any of you guys that grow in soil recommend any others cheers

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Glurberry OG (Gorilla Glue#4 x Blurberry auto back crossed with OG kush male)
Sweet Tooth
Chronic Neville's

Ladi

Hello. Hopefully a simple solution/answer. I transplanted about 8 auto early miss & NYCd plants about a week ago from 1g pots to 3G smart pots. I know..never transplant autos I've read, but I had to, or leave em in 1g pot. Figured the former to be better option.

My question. I reported with ft strawberry fields instead of ffof / perlite mixture I starred them out with. Any problems with that? I didn't think bout it when I bought it for 1/2 price & Hyde shop owner said it was just as good. Thanks yall!!

So, I am growing my first first auto alongside some photos and inadvertently topped the auto while tucking the top into the scrog. The stem snapped cleanly like a stick of celery. This is the second branch that has snapped on the auto whilst not one has snapped on any of the 6 photos. It just seems to me that this auto is far more delicate, without the suppleness of the photos.

So, I was wondering, for those with experience growing autos, is this a common occurrence or is it just me?

Hello. Hopefully a simple solution/answer. I transplanted about 8 auto early miss & NYCd plants about a week ago from 1g pots to 3G smart pots. I know..never transplant autos I've read, but I had to, or leave em in 1g pot. Figured the former to be better option.

My question. I reported with ft strawberry fields instead of ffof / perlite mixture I starred them out with. Any problems with that? I didn't think bout it when I bought it for 1/2 price & Hyde shop owner said it was just as good. Thanks yall!!

May slow them down but shouldnt cause big issues..

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

So, I am growing my first first auto alongside some photos and inadvertently topped the auto while tucking the top into the scrog. The stem snapped cleanly like a stick of celery. This is the second branch that has snapped on the auto whilst not one has snapped on any of the 6 photos. It just seems to me that this auto is far more delicate, without the suppleness of the photos.

So, I was wondering, for those with experience growing autos, is this a common occurrence or is it just me?

Ive found some strains get hard to bend compared to others, id chalk it up genetics. Some are just easier to train.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Thanks p!! Another ? If ya don't mind. I hope I didn't just screw up all my plants. I just foliage sprayed all my plants with 1/4 strength an ph perfect grow micro and 4ml per gal of cal mag. Did I just eff it all up. They're in preflower. It was almost dried before I thought about it and had an oh shit moment. I had just read about foliage spraying and got confused. Please lmk asap anyone. Thanks

Thanks p!! Another ? If ya don't mind. I hope I didn't just screw up all my plants. I just foliage sprayed all my plants with 1/4 strength an ph perfect grow micro and 4ml per gal of cal mag. Did I just eff it all up. They're in preflower. It was almost dried before I thought about it and had an oh shit moment. I had just read about foliage spraying and got confused. Please lmk asap anyone. Thanks

I do foliar feed and often, but only when I am growing outdoors. I use just water and Liquid Karma, never in the heat of the day or when the sun can beat down on the drops and burn the plant. I stop this when I get a ways into flower.

Ladi

I do foliar feed and often, but only when I am growing outdoors. I use just water and Liquid Karma, never in the heat of the day or when the sun can beat down on the drops and burn the plant. I stop this when I get a ways into flower.

Ladi

Thanks ladi. I might look into liq Kharma. How far into flower do you stop foliage feed. I have an autoflower in preflower. 28 days old.

I'm a virgin at growing really i just started 6 days ago they sprouted
420-magazine-mobile878911744.jpg
420-magazine-mobile564909674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile300473100.jpg
420-magazine-mobile878911744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As I mentioned yesterday, I inadvertently topped my auto and, always being one who hates to waste anything and a big fan of experimentation, I thought I would look into using the top as a clone.

I found this useful little article with the following:
The key requirement if attempting to clone autoflowering plants is to take cuttings from the lower branches only. These lower branches seem to be more hormonally stable than newer growth at the top of the plant. The main terminal stem, known as the apical meristem, is the first part of the plant to receive the signal that it is time to flower, and this information takes time to permeate downwards and signal the lower branches to flower. Thus, there is a brief window of time between the first appearance of sexual characteristics (assuming that regular, non-feminized auto seeds are used) and the permeation of flowering hormones throughout the tissues of the plant. This window may be just a few hours, and it is therefore crucial to watch your plants for pre-flowers and take cuttings as soon as they appear.

Things you need to know about autoflowering seeds

Even though my auto is 36 days from breaking soil, she is still not showing signs of pre-flowers so it is definitely a good idea to try and clone it. I put it straight into a very weak nute solution and she is still very perky, however I will need to get some cloning hormone asap to speed up rooting.

Also, I was very curious to know, as there are no preflowers yet, if the removal of the apical meristem will delay the onset of flowering. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom