Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

I tried one of those outside....

....it took ages and growing outside didn't work too well this year but it still did better than the other auto strains. Bit cold and wet in Scotland apparently. :)

I'll never do another outside grow. What a nightmare with critters and weather issues! LOL
I'm told that anything "haze" is not that great for concentrated oil, so I'm going to stay away from those for now. :) They are nice for getting stoned according to BAR though. :)

Very true i just started autodurban poison in my new grow;)

I'll be subscribing shortly sir! :)

Hey canna, Dutch Passion have the auto Durban Poison (90% sativa & 10% ruderalis) which i've grown before. I gotta say auto's are great & they do work. They've come a long long way from when they were first introduced & seen as poor alternatives to the 'real thing'. In my last auto grow the Durban Poison reached about 75cm & an auto northern lights was a bit taller (I know its strange how nl would be taller than dp). In any case I prefer photo's because I can flip when I want but auto's are great & certainly do work...the trick is to get them off to the best possible start. They're also great if you think you might need to hide them or relocate them since they're unaffected by light cycles hence during flower you can have the lights on 24/7! good luck

Looks like Dutch Passion Durban Poison for the win. :)
It's now on my order list.

:thanks: everyone!

Finished up the adjustable light rack
20151029_121126.jpg

That will do it man nice job... do us both a favor and put a zip tie loosely on the clamp of each one of those clamp on lights just so you can adjust but there's no way they can fall off and crush your sprout even if bumped because it can happen lol.....I use them too when ponytailing..... and I can't tell but if ya don't have them when you sprout gets bigger put a splitter in that fixture ant run 2 on each side

this is what i posted here:First time grower

hi all i need some info and tips before i start my grow

i'm setting up a 600w hps in grow tent 1,45mx1,45mx2mi have all the gear(good gear) and my problem is that all the research i did was about regular feminized plants but i ordered auto flowering feminized(Kalashnikova Auto-Bomb,Big Bang) and now i'm confused about some stuff.

1 i was planning to start on 6x0.5l pots 2 of each kind, then transplant to 2l pots and then to 30l pots but i've read that autos should not be transplanted so what should i do? plant directly in 30l pots? or something else?

2 i was planning to top the plants and do the lst method but i guess that is not ok for autos. so any tips about how to treat them

3 what is the best light time period from seed to harvest for better quality i dont care for the electricity cost

pls help....
and also, is it ok to go from seed to the end only with the hps as long as i control the temp and hum ?? or i need other ligts for better veg??

Beast got ya covered... if ya want to top follow his advice... if you want to LST with no topping (as beast urges one or the other) then click the top link in my sig foe the ultimates and I have great detail and pics on early LST for autos.... I run 20/4 now but I used to run 18/6.... I did see a slight increase in yields... but power went up ... as you stated your not worried about it so your call

Hello, I've never personally grew that particular strain but I have grown with auto-flowering plants for close to 2 years now and I would like to share my experiences with you.

A pound with any cannabis plant is a growers dream! unfortunately ( and I am un fermillier with your strain) I do not think you will get vary close to 16 dry ounces, Trust me I don't like bursting bubbles but I have experienced and seen many auto-flowing cannabis grows.

One thing I can tell you the success rate of a auto-flowering plant is a lot harder to achieve then a Photo-period cannabis plant, Its not really harder but people go about growing them as if they were growing a photo-period plant and they are not.

I will try and hit all the key points that has made my auto-flowers produce close to 4-8 ounces most of the time ( my preferred auto-flower is the Pineapple Express)

Any type of High stress will murder your yield plain and simple, This plant is flipping through several growth stages (like the Photo-period) only difference is Auto-flowers do this much faster and while Super-cropping and topping etc works for Photo-period plants (mainly because they have time to recover!) It does not work for Auto-flowering plants, believe it or not letting it grow straight up and introducing no stress will land you Thick Dense and heavy colas.

The next point I want to make is Plant your auto-flowering plant in the pot it will be in its entire life! The root structure of a auto-flowering plant is much different then a photo-period (at first) in the fact that it sends its tap root straight down! and during this time you will get some good growth and you don't want to stop that by stressing it. Good advice would be a taller pot, this allows more time for the tap root to find its way to the bottom. ( I have a hydroponic Pineapple express started 2 days ago and just went into cube, Your more then welcome to come check it out in a week or so ill have pics of the tap root)

I can not stress enough how transplanting will hurt this plant, Once the tap root is established if you transplant she will start growing down all over again really screwing up ur plant.

Finally DO NOT start blooming nutrients un till you see bud formations, as the plant will start stretching and going through rapid growth but this is NOT the beginning of budding.

This is a type of plant you want to water it and forget about it till the next watering and let it grow. (even LSTing to one side is going to dramatically slow her growth down)

Please remember this is all information I have acquired while trying to grow auto's the first auto that I grew only give me an ounce because I did not know all of this and there was and still is vary limited info on the matter. So don't believe it just cause I said it, try it out yourself and come up with your own conclusion.

Ok that about wraps it up, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Ill be poking around your journal to see how you are doing

Hope everyone has a great day!
.here is abit of key info about autos also passed down from a fellow grower on an old journel of mine.happy growing every1;)

Excellent post. Exactly what I was looking for thank you! Especially in regards to stress. I've been growing over 25 years, but yet to try auto-flower strains. Mostly due to the fact that I know myself well, and I scare myself sometimes. I'm not too proud to admit I've come home to some wilters on rare occasion lol.

So I guess my question would be in regards to purity.. If one were to do everything 'perfect' from start to finish, does the end product come out as clean (free of seed pods etc.) as a regular or fem'd strain? I live in a recreational state and so far any identified auto-flower product that I have experienced has had quite a bit in it. It usually doesn't look as good as what I'm seeing in the pics posted here though. My guess is the producer is still learning but I'd like to hear it from the experienced.

Also does anybody feel any difference with the added Ruderalis? I may be sensitive or it may be the product that I have sampled but it seems to leave me with a bit of a head ache. Slight allergic reaction as well.

Thanks in advance! Awesome thread.

Great info gettin posted good work gardeners;) love the fact peoples mind changing about autos .as atrain said and i also belive auto bud is just as good as photo bud if not better upto us autogrowers to grow the full beauty.im game and always will be ha ha;)

Ok, so this is what I get for complaining lol. As my research project continues I decide to try something from another producer. The product is top notch without any of the scrap material that the other had. It's intensely stoney and tasty. No headache. :thumb:

Plus it looks like I'll be trying my first auto seed! Galadriel x Trainwreck x Barney Farms Pineapple Express.

I was gonna say something else but dang.. it was only two hits.

Galadriel_x_Trainwreck_x_Hawaiian_seed.jpg

Galadriel_x_Trainwreck_x_Hawaiian.jpg

Back
Top Bottom