Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Just finished trimming one of the auto mazars.

8.9oz dry, ready to jar for months dry.

I will try to get a pic of it in the bag. I am so tired. I wanted to sleep a long time ago. Damn plants keeping me up.

Atrain, did White Cheese by Royal give you a good yield? I haven't tried that one. I have tried their WW, and it yields nicely.

Sorry buddy I just saw this post .. the white cheese was a Dinafem auto... and I have to say it was average for the time it ran.... that plant finished 80 sum Grams put was done and drying on day 58

Cannafan.... the ultimate from Dutch passion autoflower version that beast just finished and I am finishing now is a hybrid but very heavy on the sativa side.... I saw little to no indica dominate traits while growing her.... a great yielder.. most of the sativa tend to be a little larger and take longer usually 90 to 100 days.... beast got 6 oz I'll see in a week or so what I can haul in.... short stuff seeds also released the super cali haze I am yet to try but I gear it makes a nice one as well

Dug out some pics of my run with autos in hydro.....

Russian Rocket Fuel from ShortStuff Seeds grown with Ionic Hydro grow and bloom and a 600W HPS:

9th April:
rrf0904-01.jpg

21st April:
rrf2104-2.jpg

29th April:
rrf2904-1.jpg

6th May with the tops of each plant marked:
rrf0605-1.jpg

20th May:
room2005-2.jpg

26th May:
room2605-4.jpg

31st May:
room3105-3.jpg

6th June:
rrf0606-1.jpg

Got well over 10oz off that.....not sure exactly but I had 2 piles of 5oz and a pile I couldn't be bothered trimming and gave to a friend who could. Still smoking it! :)

Every1 is welcome to my new auto topping led grow .currently link to my sig.topping all autos in this grow and to prove monster autos can be achived with the right topping method;) happy growing every1;)

Cheers bud. Only thing I've changed for the next go is a bigger room and a tank for each plant with the possibility of some ponytailing to try to keep tops down for a more even canopy.

Sound like a good plan to you?

Yeah you all ready know they'll be crazy with the hydro..... only think I would do is just as you said... try ponytailing and keeping lights close as possible during veg to try and make them veg out as much as possible instead of up... maybe even LST with some straps if needed... that give ya a shit load of colas and even canopy for flower

On Autos, I need a good mostly Sativa strain for concentrated oil. Besides White Widow, which I always keep on hand.
Any suggestions on the Auto strains for Sativa dominant?

I said when I harvested my last Auto grow, that it would be no more Autos for me. This thread has T-totally changed my mind.

:thanks:

Hey canna, Dutch Passion have the auto Durban Poison (90% sativa & 10% ruderalis) which i've grown before. I gotta say auto's are great & they do work. They've come a long long way from when they were first introduced & seen as poor alternatives to the 'real thing'. In my last auto grow the Durban Poison reached about 75cm & an auto northern lights was a bit taller (I know its strange how nl would be taller than dp). In any case I prefer photo's because I can flip when I want but auto's are great & certainly do work...the trick is to get them off to the best possible start. They're also great if you think you might need to hide them or relocate them since they're unaffected by light cycles hence during flower you can have the lights on 24/7! good luck

Looks like Dutch Passion has stepped up the genetics! Whew. Nice.
I'm going to order some frijoles from them thanx to ya'll. I'm getting some Too Vast n Vast from Heavyweight Seeds & a few more from CotC.
The lil autos I've got going came out decent (so far), but still not what ya'll are doing over here.

have any of you guys r gals ever tried or ever heard of using cheap emergency rain ponchos or those emergency tents that are made out of Mylar or aluminized type materials in a grow? You no for reflection? If so or not what's your thoughts? In my corner of my bath where most likely I plan on making my grow (if seeds ever get here) I was thinking I could maybe pin this material to the wall to get better reflection and on a nother note since I'm using a corner. What about also maybe covering somthing like 2 pieces of plywood with same thing and making allmost a tent or box so to speak? Thoughts?

have any of you guys r gals ever tried or ever heard of using cheap emergency rain ponchos or those emergency tents that are made out of Mylar or aluminized type materials in a grow? You no for reflection? If so or not what's your thoughts? In my corner of my bath where most likely I plan on making my grow (if seeds ever get here) I was thinking I could maybe pin this material to the wall to get better reflection and on a nother note since I'm using a corner. What about also maybe covering somthing like 2 pieces of plywood with same thing and making allmost a tent or box so to speak? Thoughts?

I used those in my very first grow and they worked great. Emergency blankets. Wally World carries them in the sporting goods area. Handle them very carefully though, they rip really easy. Try not to have a bunch of wrinkles in them, you want them flat to reflect that light proper.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom