Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Gorilla Cookies Organic
2.5 gallon pot
Jon’s Mix Almost Organic
@GeoFlora Nutrients/RGR/EWC/Kelp/Mackerel/Great White/Blackstrap unsulphured organic molasses/Bembe

Here you go @NickHardy, here’s what I mean. This and the Northern Lights are the two smallest plants in the tent. They’re about the same size. Both will finish between 3 and 4 ounces. This is by design, they are fill in plants. If I go the removal route it is these two that will go. I’m pretty sure I beat you with or without them at this point. But they’ll stay for now.

Here’s the girl. I burned some of the uppers with a targeted Neem spray that I stupidly did without the recommended test on a leaf first. But as you see from the non targeted leaves, she doing just fine. She also has my very first two headed bud! Very excited about that! This plant grows much like the Watermelon Wedding Cake - big ass hybrid type growth. This little one is not representative of the strain, the other two are. But the production right here for the pot size is going to be great. I’ll take a QP from a small pot any day.

IMG_5065.jpeg

IMG_5066.jpeg

IMG_5069.jpeg

IMG_5067.jpeg

Skywalker Organic
California Super Soil (pot setup exactly as recommended by CSS)
Water/EWC/Kelp
3 gallon Pot

Same deal on the Skywalker, you gotta look past the burned uppers. The organics detested the Neem, at least this one and the Gorilla Cookies did. The Cherry Pie and Northern Lights, not at all. Goddamn strain specific bullshit. But this will come in around 6 ounces. Huge dense colas.

IMG_5070.jpeg

IMG_5072.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

I'm feeling tired and off today! Maybe I'm getting old and going soft, and maybe that's all for the better? I might be under the weather and be back to my dead serious self in a couple of days? Future will tell! :yahoo:

Cheers Jon!
What have you done with Captain Grumpy I want him back 🤣

I expect to come in between 60 and 70 ounces.

Yeah and I expect::

“ a blowjob off Christy Turlington, don’t mean it ever gonna happen”
Knish, Rounders, 1998

Strange things happen. Jus’ sayin’

You see it which is why you want the bigger space, peut êtré, mon ami!

Nick - feeling brave!

Soo!

Me and Jon been chatting. All good. We have both had what can only be described as exceptional circumstances the last couple of weeks 🤣

No matter on with the grow.

IMG_2252.jpeg
IMG_2253.jpeg
IMG_2254.jpeg

Look my phone is exceptionally broken. The longest I’ve ever owned the same phone in nearly 30 years. New screen and cameras its past that! I believe a new one is going to be delivered on Friday. I promise my photos and typing will improve!

What I’m trying to show here is how I’m trying to grow out their “under carriages” as Jon puts it. Sure I missed stretch but I do have the side lighting. So I need to max those buds.

“It twas the night before Christmas/and not a dimmer delivery guy was arriving”

Its 6:30pm here, might arrive anytime to 8-9pm but Sparky needs 45 minutes to get here and an hour to fit and lights out at 8pm so no time to test. Tomorrow I hope. All I got right now!

Already mixed the new nute regime, should be around 3.0 EC not tested it yet. Gonna feed them that tonight light or no - they were flushed yesterday approaching a full pot size. They’ll appreciate it hopefully. Gas is off - have a spare tank but only going to hook up tomorrow morning. Let them feel their way into the new nute regime first.

By this time tomorrow hopefully 1500 PPFD - 1500 PPM Co2 - 3.0 EC (around 1500ppm) - 1.5 VPD and let ‘em rip!

I don’t chase nute or light burn at all but these are still a bit green and hard to get to pray, gonna fix that ASAP!

Don’t they know its Ramadan!?

Nick

Oh our nute mix for those that are interested

This is our small tank. Its 100L and for the rest of the grow likely just doing this tent.

All products are Dutch Pro except the Cal Mag which I think is a white label of Advanced Nutrients Plus version. Its 4-0- 0 + Fe They no longer give the NPK at DP since they changed the mix and labelling, looked into it with Shed. They give you a range - for Hydro/Coco RO which we use its 2.2-2.4 without Co2 and the indicated A/B mix is 2-3ml per litre, again they specify without Co2

100L Small Tank
300ml Cal Mag
250ml A and B Flower/Bloom
150ml Total
150ml Bloom Explode
8ml Silica Von Liebsig
10ml Keep it clean

So we’re middle range. Friday when I mix again I’ll go to the 3ml per litre. We’ve run higher than 3ml before. Smaller buds. They get greedy and lazy.

Oh our nute mix for those that are interested

This is our small tank. Its 100L and for the rest of the grow likely just doing this tent.

All products are Dutch Pro except the Cal Mag which I think is a white label of Advanced Nutrients Plus version. Its 4-0- 0 + Fe They no longer give the NPK at DP since they changed the mix and labelling, looked into it with Shed. They give you a range - for Hydro/Coco RO which we use its 2.2-2.4 without Co2 and the indicated A/B mix is 2-3ml per litre, again they specify without Co2

100L Small Tank
300ml Cal Mag
250ml A and B Flower/Bloom
150ml Total
150ml Bloom Explode
8ml Silica Von Liebsig
10ml Keep it clean

So we’re middle range. Friday when I mix again I’ll go to the 3ml per litre. We’ve run higher than 3ml before. Smaller buds. They get greedy and lazy.
I like the name "Silica von Lebsig"! You could replace "Keep it clean" that is H2O2 with bleach and safe a lot of money on sterilization. Keep it clean is very diluted if you look at the safety data sheet.

I typically use 1ppm chlorine in soilless and it has longer residual effect and is better at removing algae compared to H2O2.

I like the name "Silica von Lebsig"! You could replace "Keep it clean" that is H2O2 with bleach and safe a lot of money on sterilization. Keep it clean is very diluted if you look at the safety data sheet.

I typically use 1ppm chlorine in soilless and it has longer residual effect and is better at removing algae compared to H2O2.
I know! I know! I could actually scoop a bucket of my swimming pool H2O2 and drop some chlorine in - but I’m a noob and both scared and lazy!

Next time!

Looking to change the Silic as well. 1L of that is $100 and 100ml of the other one the same price. The other one way better and lasts about as long.

The other thing - we stopped using Dynomyco around when we started getting stem rot/wilt. Had another plant in the Canuk grow die last week from that same blackened trunk.

It wasn’t treated with the Beyer stuff (everything that was is fine) but upping the myco again (the coco peat has some allegedly) I think is worth a go as a more natural defence against it.

I know! I know! I could actually scoop a bucket of my swimming pool H2O2 and drop some chlorine in - but I’m a noob and both scared and lazy!

Next time!

Looking to change the Silic as well. 1L of that is $100 and 100ml of the other one the same price. The other one way better and lasts about as long.

The other thing - we stopped using Dynomyco around when we started getting stem rot/wilt. Had another plant in the Canuk grow die last week from that same blackened trunk.

It wasn’t treated with the Beyer stuff (everything that was is fine) but upping the myco again (the coco peat has some allegedly) I think is worth a go as a more natural defence against it.
Kelp and chlorine as anti fungals for me, I would get bacillus amyloliquefaciens extract if I were able to source it locally. I'm also interested in COS (Chitosan oligosaccharide) extract that I haven't fiddled with that much but on paper has good anti fungal properties.

IMG_2260.jpeg

I love the movie The Gentlemen. Guy Ritchie movie with Matty McConnaughy growing ”White Widow Super Cheese” in sunken shipping containers under stately homes in England.

Anyway - Netflix have released a TV series of it.

Weed growing, guns, drugs, bit of sex, fighting, gangsters and comedy. Very funny. They even do a parody of Fredo from the Godfather getting blown up on the boat on the lake. Start of epidode 5 is 5 minutes on how to grow weed the best weed in the world “White Widow Super Cheese” . Very funny.

British gangster flicks? It like it 1998 all over again!

Nick

IMG_2260.jpeg

I love the movie The Gentlemen. Guy Ritchie movie with Matty McConnaughy growing ”White Widow Super Cheese” in sunken shipping containers under stately homes in England.

Anyway - Netflix have released a TV series of it.

Weed growing, guns, drugs, bit of sex, fighting, gangsters and comedy. Very funny. They even do a parody of Fredo from the Godfather getting blown up on the boat on the lake. Start of epidode 5 is 5 minutes on how to grow weed the best weed in the world “White Widow Super Cheese” . Very funny.

British gangster flicks? It like it 1998 all over again!

Nick
You ever see a movie called Flypaper? I watched it on 🍄s and laughed like an insane person. Great 👍 flick. CL🍀. :thumb:

What have you done with Captain Grumpy I want him back 🤣

Yeah and I expect::

Strange things happen. Jus’ sayin’

You see it which is why you want the bigger space, peut êtré, mon ami!

Nick - feeling brave!
Lol. We will see. Even at 48 I beat you.

Soo!

Me and Jon been chatting. All good. We have both had what can only be described as exceptional circumstances the last couple of weeks 🤣

No matter on with the grow.

IMG_2252.jpeg
IMG_2253.jpeg
IMG_2254.jpeg

Look my phone is exceptionally broken. The longest I’ve ever owned the same phone in nearly 30 years. New screen and cameras its past that! I believe a new one is going to be delivered on Friday. I promise my photos and typing will improve!

What I’m trying to show here is how I’m trying to grow out their “under carriages” as Jon puts it. Sure I missed stretch but I do have the side lighting. So I need to max those buds.

Its 6:30pm here, might arrive anytime to 8-9pm but Sparky needs 45 minutes to get here and an hour to fit and lights out at 8pm so no time to test. Tomorrow I hope. All I got right now!

Already mixed the new nute regime, should be around 3.0 EC not tested it yet. Gonna feed them that tonight light or no - they were flushed yesterday approaching a full pot size. They’ll appreciate it hopefully. Gas is off - have a spare tank but only going to hook up tomorrow morning. Let them feel their way into the new nute regime first.

By this time tomorrow hopefully 1500 PPFD - 1500 PPM Co2 - 3.0 EC (around 1500ppm) - 1.5 VPD and let ‘em rip!

I don’t chase nute or light burn at all but these are still a bit green and hard to get to pray, gonna fix that ASAP!

Don’t they know its Ramadan!?

Nick
Lol. I have no CO2 and two side lights. I’m at 1250 ppfd, feeding at around 1400 ppm (whatever that EC is) and my VPD is right on at 1.4-1.5. See any curled leaves or burnt anything? No. See any early foxtailing? No. See any crispy pistils? No. See my leaves praying like mad? Yes. Gimme a break man. You got all that stuff. Use it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lol. Couldn’t resist. My email communications aside, I also don’t give up and am not at all thinking you necessarily have me beat. You should. But will you? I even gave you a slightly better chance since I was feeling bad. I will reveal this in a bit after afternoon PT for mom. But I made a change. Heh.

Next time!

Great White. Foolproof.

Kelp and chlorine as anti fungals for me, I would get bacillus amyloliquefaciens extract if I were able to source it locally. I'm also interested in COS (Chitosan oligosaccharide) extract that I haven't fiddled with that much but on paper has good anti fungal properties.
I would get bacillus amyloliquefaciens extract if I were able to source it locally. I'm also interested in COS (Chitosan oligosaccharide) extract that I haven't fiddled with that much but on paper has good anti fungal properties.

Me too! I was going to say that exact same thing!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just kidding. I have no earthly idea what you’re talking about. Lmao!!!

I would get bacillus amyloliquefaciens extract if I were able to source it locally. I'm also interested in COS (Chitosan oligosaccharide) extract that I haven't fiddled with that much but on paper has good anti fungal properties.

Me too! I was going to say that exact same thing!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just kidding. I have no earthly idea what you’re talking about. Lmao!!!
It's what you'll find in commercial products like SouthernAG Garden Friendly fungicide at 98% concentration or more known Hydroguard at about 0.3% concentration. Bacillus amyloliquefaciens products that is.

They sell some different local products in Thailand where Nick is located that I used when I was growing over there but in a dried granular form.

It's what you'll find in commercial products like SouthernAG Garden Friendly fungicide at 98% concentration or more known Hydroguard at about 0.3% concentration. Bacillus amyloliquefaciens products that is.

They sell some different local products in Thailand where Nick is located that I used when I was growing over there but in a dried granular form.
Thanks W for sharing this information with us. I learned sumthin new today. CL🍀 :thanks:

The Whitefly treatment ai bought is interesting!

Imidacloprid. I was expecting granules or a liquid to mix and apply as a foliar.

It arrived with no English on the label and Google translate doesn’t work great on shiny cylinders so asked & Co to mix it and spray. Mix it she did - its bright red like comedy fake blood from a Dracula B movie. Not a foliar at all!

We used their option B suggestion which is we fed them with it. Its actually designed to be used as a seed treatment - 1 litre per kilo of seeds.

Trying to arrange for our flower room to be fogged as we had when we had the Dengue/Zika outbreak last year as its empty for the next 10 days. But - the whitefly and this amazed my farmer mate and his crew having seen it once in their home country, they just don’t seem to visibly harm the plants. I mean they must be taking sustenance from them or the population wouldn’t spike towards harvest time. But leaves and buds seem untouched.

Still gosh but they’re annoying!

I’m not set against insect/fungicides - hell my Dad drafted the papers and signed the company Zeneca into existence - yeah they of the vaccines - not all agro chemical or pharma is bad, but if I could do with heavily engineered Israeli myco like Dynomyco or soap and “elbow grease” I would. Elbow grease a bit thin on the ground at the moment though, Me & the fam a bit knackered!

Nick

Edit - promise my spelling will improve and less edits soon. Maybe as soon as today. Pressing “s” and “k” appearing is getting really old. 😅

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-13 at 16.20.17.jpeg

Well I didn't get Mr Dimmer Delivery Man but feel like I'm now able to up my photo taking abilities!

These are the 40-45 or so in solos for our next grows. (Actually 45) The yellowy ones in the foreground are Animal Mints BX1 clones from Seed Junky we got last week in bottles shipped to us - they're just adjusting to their new life and will green up - they're actually just for breeding really. When they're a little bigger they'll be getting STS'd and reversed. Lady boys in Thailand.

The rest are:

Yellow cups - Imperium X, Anesia Seeds 34%
Pink Cups - Pineapple Chunk @Barney's Farm 27%
Black Cups - Take a bow and make some noise for the Bruce Banner - you gotta know this - there are at least three journals growing it right now. Epic strain.
Green Cups - GMO - Barney's Farm 28%
Light Green Cup - Single Red Hot Cookies, Serious Seeds, Punchy!
Blue Cups - Permanent Marker - Blimburn Seeds - 32%
Purple Cups - Future #1, Anesia Seeds 37%
Red Cups - Girl Scout Cookies - again Barney's Farm.

These will get split between a 4x4, 5x5, 8x4 and our main flower room. You're seeing some crazy high THC % there and I take them all with a big dose of suspicion. But Anesia are reputable and make the case for why it was so high. Permanent Marker was Strain of the Year two years ago for its potency and Blimburn are now doing their own, same as Blimburn are also doing Imperium X and Future #1 - the breeders all just copy - The GSC from Barneys is super new, they also just released their own OG Kush.

We're going super high THC these grows because its an easier sale but we're gonna make some changes to how we harvest, dry and cure. Minimal handling protect the trichs. Also I think I have a line on a US testing lab another member kindly introduced me to. We're gonna pay a little more and get hopefully ship there for fuller and potentially more honest numbers.

Anyway - in the absence of anything meaningful going in this grow for me the last few days - thought I'd check out the new camera on my phone and share a little of life as a tiny scale commercial weed grower!

Nick & Co

The Grow
Day 64

We have some stuff going on to show you. I have made and executed an executive decision. I removed the organic Gorilla Cookies in the 2.5 gallon pot. (Sorry @NickHardy, wasn’t trying to build drama, just had some shit happen yesterday afternoon I ended up dealing with for several hours and after that all I wanted to do was beat the shit out of my bass.). Anyway, the GC was sitting in between the Trizkit and the Apple Fritter in the very front row. But both of them are going so nuts that I felt I had no choice. If you can digest the picture, you can see and project what you see to when they are bud laden. There will be zero space in between them. Now they can breathe and get spread out properly. I also had to move both down one level of brick supports.

The rest of the tent is much further along. The Skywalker and Northern Lights organics, thankfully, are not terribly far from harvest. Both will be done in less than a month for sure, likely a lot less. This will free yet more space to spread out. The harvest timing should work out pretty well. The other 2 Gorilla Cookies are both about halfway done, as is the Bruce Banner. And the Cherry Pie organic we already knew would go long. With the Apple Fritter just showing buds now and the Trizkit still not all that close to it, they will both be long - like 140 days or so in the case of the Trizkit.

So let’s see what we’re talking about.

Here is the new look of the front row, sans Gorilla Cookies organic and with the plants spread out.

Here’s the state of play of the Trizkit. As of yesterday she became the longest before showing buds auto I’ve ever grown. It’s day 64 for gods sake. They say this is a 7’ auto, and she appears to be exactly that. 70 days of veg/stretch or so? Are you fricking joking? You could do anything with this plant. Any style of training you want, literally. Ridiculously huge auto. Ridiculously long veg time auto. Good lord. I have her stripped up pretty high, so we should get some giant colas or bud branches (likely the latter, she’s sativa forever as you can see).

And here’s the state of play on the Apple Fritter.

How about some bud shots? Here’s what the Cherry Pie is doing.

And here’s what the ridiculous Gorilla Cookies colas are shaping up like.

So where did the Gorilla Cookies go? Why the bedroom closet of course. She will finish with a different spectrum but the same amount of ppfd, and she will likely be the third plant to harvest. (And yes Nick, I know she no longer counts in my total, I know I just reduced my yield by a QP or so, I know once we choose to remove there’s no changing your mind or going back, and I’m betting that the improvement in the conditions and spacing of the two beasts makes up that QP or maybe half of it. I figured I can still beat you with 8 plants).

So there we go, the state of play on day 64. Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m, 64?

Heh.

Back
Top Bottom