Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

IMG_0103.jpeg

IMG_0104.jpeg

Let’s plaaaay baaaall!!!”

(Well when Sparky answers him phone anyway! 😂)

Not my hand btw - screen cap from the guy saying “Oh the other controller? Yeah next time)
Nimble fingers! Funny that they use RJ45 connectors, will it ever die? Same connector since -73 and I've seen it been used in so many different applications throughout the years. It's cheap and it works!

Happy that you finally receive the dimmer Nick!

Cheers!

A selection of photos before “The Great Enlightenment”

IMG_0113.jpeg

General state of affairs.

IMG_0117.jpeg

Small buds. Comedy Small for being under a 1000w light - probably like our 320w NOBRAND lights gives. Actually she’s fierce 😂 like another 300w rubbish light.

IMG_0114.jpeg
IMG_0115.jpeg

Repaired light or no - this is where I need add yield. The undercarriages gotta deliver and there’s hope given the mega side lighting we have.

We need the light to make the Co2 work properly though as well.

Look a bit droopy - they’re being fed since I took that photo. Is what it is.

Saw the journal got a nomination in the monthly contests btw!

Interests of full disclosure I did not nominate it and I voted for another one

But Jon sure is providing some awesome technical insight into how he thinks as a grower.

I might just be the only person can lose with Photos to Autos - but he is some Auto grower, not sure there are many on the site play at his level with autos? Mr Goody? Which is something in my defense!

IMG_0118.jpeg

One thing I think has worked out as this, the right side of the tent that was so short before seems like it has responded to the 200w 6000k floodlight with some extra vertical growth.

That’s it for tonight, Sparky I’m
Sure be here tomorrow about his time and I’ll do some light readings and stuff.

“Tell me what-cha gawt!!!”
Vincent Hanna, 1998
Heat

Oh and St Paddy’s tomorrow. So I know at least one guy gonna be raising a glass on the site marking the holiday - other than me.

So Captain Lucky - Heat 2 is written and goes into production this summer, Autumn 2025 release they say. Mix of old and new actors

Maybe put an extra smile on your face!

Today’s Quickie

Here we sit at day 67. And the Trizkit won’t stop blowing my mind. She still is not showing a budlet. This is quite silly. I sure hope I actually like this weed. Lol. She’s long and expensive, as in the coco/nutes game the two go hand in hand. Great color, very healthy. Just loooong. Here’s now:

I found that the Bruce Banner #3 is starting to color up quickly.

And the Apple Fritter is just like the first one. Tall, tons of side branching, must be culled,

:rolleyes:

Don’t hate you, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit envious. Lol.
I’ve done a lot of stuff in my life that is way better in the telling than the doing.

The Serengeti snd the Great Pyramids being two such things.
Nimble fingers! Funny that they use RJ45 connectors, will it ever die? Same connector since -73 and I've seen it been used in so many different applications throughout the years. It's cheap and it works!
I’m
Amazed they use RJ45’s!

Every other light I’ve seen uses RJ11

Also you get 100 Gigabit data down an RJ45 now fibre ain’t much better real world and twisted pair has hardiness and redundancy fibrr isn’t so great at.

Copper twisted pairs ain’t going anywhere in my life time.

Nick

IMG_0113.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

Small buds. Comedy Small for being under a 1000w light - probably like our 320w NOBRAND lights gives. Actually she’s fierce 😂 like another 300w rubbish light.

IMG_0114.jpeg
IMG_0115.jpeg

Repaired light or no - this is where I need add yield. The undercarriages gotta deliver and there’s hope given the mega side lighting we have.

But Jon sure is providing some awesome technical insight into how he thinks as a grower.

I might just be the only person can lose with Photos to Autos - but he is some Auto grower, not sure there are many on the site play at his level with autos? Mr Goody? Which is something in my defense!

IMG_0118.jpeg

One thing I think has worked out as this, the right side of the tent that was so short before seems like it has responded to the 200w 6000k floodlight with some extra vertical growth.

Oh and St Paddy’s tomorrow. So I know at least one guy gonna be raising a glass on the site marking the holiday - other than me.

So Captain Lucky - Heat 2 is written and goes into production this summer, Autumn 2025 release they say. Mix of old and new actors

Ok Nick!!! Now it looks like you’re back!!! Yeah, still hard to fathom these are just large Solos. I appreciate your kind words. I highly and strongly disagree with your assessment of my skills in the larger whole, but the kindness is appreciated. One thing I’ve learned here is that we have thousands and thousands of growers spread worldwide. All anyone has to do to get themselves back to the appropriate level of humility Is take a look around. I ain’t near what you describe me as. Most anyone here watching could do what I’ve done here, yourself included, if they were as stupid as me. They’re just smarter. Lol! But the kind is the thing, so gracias, and right back atcha.

I’ve done a lot of stuff in my life that is way better in the telling than the doing.

The Serengeti snd the Great Pyramids being two such things.

I’m
Amazed they use RJ45’s!

Every other light I’ve seen uses RJ11

Also you get 100 Gigabit data down an RJ45 now fibre ain’t much better real world and twisted pair has hardiness and redundancy fibrr isn’t so great at.

Copper twisted pairs ain’t going anywhere in my life time.

Nick
Oh we will be discussing those pyramids. So glad you mentioned that! Now you’re in my sweet spot. We have much to discuss NickHardy.

Yup humility is good, underrated.

Not the religious type. The self aware type.

Nick.
Agreed. No, the religious type you speak of goes by a different set of words, but I’ll choose to err this morning on the side of not offending anyone.

Oh we will be discussing those pyramids. So glad you mentioned that! Now you’re in my sweet spot. We have much to discuss NickHardy.
The best story about my day at the pyramids:

Ha - the Sphinx next to them is fucking tiny. I’ve seen cannabis plants bigger. They sleays take photos make it look huge. Pyramids are just some shoddy rocks.

My Dad taught me how to get only the highlights of an 8 tourist tour and make sure the family are all back at the 4 Seasons for a swim/snooze or happy hour in 4 hours and really - and when he says he wants the limo to the airport at 4pm not 6pm because he thinks he and my Mum might miss the 9pm flight you should listen because as happened he misses his flight Four Seasons gonna arrange private flight for him the next morning free of charge. He’s topped out all the reward programs after 50 years of international corporate. Fair play - he was at Yankees games when I was a kid!

Karnak about 6 hours drive south of Cairo way better than the Great Pyramids

Btw - Nick, you made an excellent point with the plant density issue stuff. I’ve never pushed it near this hard. I knew that was what I was doing going in, and I try hard to stay away from it. But you’d have slaughtered me if I grew like I usually do. I felt I had no choice but to go this route. But the disadvantages are many. Not the least of which is that I have a lot of yield stuck on the walls of the tent. That and the likelihood of bud rot is very strong and as it gets warmer and warmer here every day it becomes more and more a battle for proper RH. I have plenty of anticipated issues here, just managing them okay so far. The dumbass Neem error is my biggest and most annoying so far. But as we have both said and agree: anyone can veg. Flower is the test. And here it is you who has the advantage. This is a close race. Reality.

Btw - Nick, you made an excellent point with the plant density issue stuff. I’ve never pushed it near this hard. I knew that was what I was doing going in, and I try hard to stay away from it. But you’d have slaughtered me if I grew like I usually do. I felt I had no choice but to go this route. But the disadvantages are many. Not the least of which is that I have a lot of yield stuck on the walls of the tent. That and the likelihood of bud rot is very strong and as it gets warmer and warmer here every day it becomes more and more a battle for proper RH. I have plenty of anticipated issues here, just managing them okay so far. The dumbass Neem error is my biggest and most annoying so far. But as we have both said and agree: anyone can veg. Flower is the test. And here it is you who has the advantage. This is a close race. Reality.
I mean I don't want to tell you I told you so 😂

Because I can’t conclusively point to many times when I said “strange things happen when you increase your plant density”

Or a journal I wrote that opened with an Ayrton Senna quite “driving the perfect lap is like doing your tie the with both ends the same length, your brain tells you its possible but practice tells you its not” and that real world yields tell you nah!

Our yields have gone down in recent grows.

Quality improved massively though!

Remind me of this in a few weeks - we should do a back and forth on that we think is the best 5x5 setup for a “normal” home grower?

I mean normal only in that Jon and I have access to many more grow resources than someone just starting out with a 2x4 or 4x4 or a closet. Not meant with any condescension whatsoever.

What have we learnt that gives most bang for buck - I’m time poor so irrigatio is my big thing, but not for someone else with a bit more time and can get a better spend their GrowDollars on a better bang for their buck with a better light?

Training takes more time, probs yields better but then I counter with more light and gas.

We could throw ideas around at the end of the grow and encourage people to chime in? Be more useful than saying who “won” ?

I mean I don't want to tell you I told you so 😂

Because I can’t conclusively point to many times when I said “strange things happen when you increase your plant density”

Or a journal I wrote that opened with an Ayrton Senna quite “driving the perfect lap is like doing your tie the with both ends the same length, your brain tells you its possible but practice tells you its not” and that real world yields tell you nah!

Our yields have gone down in recent grows.

Quality improved massively though!

Remind me of this in a few weeks - we should do a back and forth on that we think is the best 5x5 setup for a “normal” home grower?

I mean normal only in that Jon and I have access to many more grow resources than someone just starting out with a 2x4 or 4x4 or a closet. Not meant with any condescension whatsoever.

What have we learnt that gives most bang for buck - I’m time poor so irrigatio is my big thing, but not for someone else with a bit more time and can get a better spend their GrowDollars on a better bang for their buck with a better light?

Training takes more time, probs yields better but then I counter with more light and gas.

We could throw ideas around at the end of the grow and encourage people to chime in? Be more useful than saying who “won” ?
Great idea Nick. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Great idea Nick. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
For sure you’ll have some ideas ai reckon?

I’m probably more similar to you than Jon’s style, and then maybe say @Weffalo who I know isn’t about so much more but is firstvine to come into my head as an awesome plant meddler lst whiz but then @InTheShed has a super-cropping “How to” so good some guy ripped it off put it on YouTube snd @420 threw (righteously!) lawyers at him.

The auto/photo thing is a bit of a red herring when you grow indoors I reckon. They’re so close with the breeding it seems, sure bit more control but meh.

I once said growing autos outdoors was stupid.

It is but for a narrow band of the planet. Tropics/equatorial - my bessie farner mate when I said that laughed and showed me pictures of the 4500 autos he planyex the week before outdoors 🤣

Yeah in limited use cases (such as the one my buddy reminds me of all the time) its OK but indoor the differences minimal. You mr Trizkit thing case in point.

But I’m pure hydro/coco flood drain multiple times a day. You aren’t that - I mean I know you’re keeping it interesting with a fee mediums but none really coco like we coco. That puts Bill, GV, Wastei more like me

Then you got your organic nods too (I mean seriously? a plant botherer AND a tree huggger?! 🤣) But that brings @Gee64 and @Azimuth and umm yeah I don’t hang eith a bunch of organic people 200% not that ai don’t have respect for them oh as @Keffka said year - organic purity and quality will disappear as grow tech targeting the nutrient uptake gets better - so yeah as always he’s ahead the game!

I’d say we narrowed it too much to “just” autos/photos but we were young… 🤣

But then the throw around after ideas after even ain’t gonna come up with the perfect grow style. Impossible.

But we might come up with a cool Haribo style bag pick ‘n mix of stuff.

Anyway - I’m very sorry but I like the world too much right now. Sorry for this syrupy loved up hope - Ayahuasca Purple from @Barney's Farm yessus my bru

Nick,

Night

For sure you’ll have some ideas ai reckon?

I’m probably more similar to you than Jon’s style, and then maybe say @Weffalo who I know isn’t about so much more but is firstvine to come into my head as an awesome plant meddler lst whiz but then @InTheShed has a super-cropping “How to” so good some guy ripped it off put it on YouTube snd @420 threw (righteously!) lawyers at him.

The auto/photo thing is a bit of a red herring when you grow indoors I reckon. They’re so close with the breeding it seems, sure bit more control but meh.

I once said growing autos outdoors was stupid.

It is but for a narrow band of the planet. Tropics/equatorial - my bessie farner mate when I said that laughed and showed me pictures of the 4500 autos he planyex the week before outdoors 🤣

Yeah in limited use cases (such as the one my buddy reminds me of all the time) its OK but indoor the differences minimal. You mr Trizkit thing case in point.

But I’m pure hydro/coco flood drain multiple times a day. You aren’t that - I mean I know you’re keeping it interesting with a fee mediums but none really coco like we coco. That puts Bill, GV, Wastei more like me

Then you got your organic nods too (I mean seriously? a plant botherer AND a tree huggger?! 🤣) But that brings @Gee64 and @Azimuth and umm yeah I don’t hang eith a bunch of organic people 200% not that ai don’t have respect for them oh as @Keffka said year - organic purity and quality will disappear as grow tech targeting the nutrient uptake gets better - so yeah as always he’s ahead the game!

I’d say we narrowed it too much to “just” autos/photos but we were young… 🤣

But then the throw around after ideas after even ain’t gonna come up with the perfect grow style. Impossible.

But we might come up with a cool Haribo style bag pick ‘n mix of stuff.

Anyway - I’m very sorry but I like the world too much right now. Sorry for this syrupy loved up hope - Ayahuasca Purple from @Barney's Farm yessus my bru

Nick,

Night
Style is what ever the grower chooses.
What You want is tips ideas and good techniques to use in the room.
Something to help new growers fill their 5x5. :thumb:
No silver bullet, just a few solid principles to work off.;)
We are in the middle of a blizzard here.
Just barely made it home from the post office.
My fault for posting pics of grass out front yesterday. 😂
I ordered new fishing line and grabbed worms at the post office. 🐟
Fishing tomorrow hopefully.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

IMG_0113.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg
IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

It should be interesting seeing what Val Kilmer looks like now. Maybe he trains a new crew? I’m definitely going to watch it. Prequel maybe with computer animation? CL🍀

Something to help new growers fill their 5x5. :thumb:
New and old buddy!

There is no style I can say is wrong - we can only play the game in front of us. Using a heat mat for seedlings or needing a humidifier is crazy because its my enemy here for me (but actually I used a huey once but that was under 1000w HPS in a 4x4 - yeah don’t do that 🤣) whereas for you north americans say its SOP

So Jon and I quite similar in environment - bit hotter humid here. But we use the actual same model dehuey this grow while a bunch of you sre still adding heat your rooms!

But yeah more join in the better!

It should be interesting seeing what Val Kilmer looks like now. Maybe he trains a new crew? I’m definitely going to watch it. Prequel maybe with computer animation? CL🍀
The Director Michael Man. Wrote a book, Heat 2 , released about -8 months ago. Its a prequel and a sequel and like rpic. Read it about three times no 🤣

Pacino is in. Adam Driver mentioned for young De Noro and some aoliver Challomomet? Knownthe ename not rhe actor for young Pacino.

In the Heat 2 Book Pacino worked Chicago PD while De Niro pulled some scores but never crossed paths.

But then….

Hehe great story.

Slainte

The Director Michael Man. Wrote a book, Heat 2 , released about -8 months ago. Its a prequel and a sequel and like rpic. Read it about three times no 🤣

Pacino is in. Adam Driver mentioned for young De Noro and some aoliver Challomomet? Knownthe ename not rhe actor for young Pacino.

I the Heat 2 Book Pacino worked Chicago PD ehike SlDe Niro pulled some
Scored but never crossed paths.

But then….

Hehe great story.

Slainte
Erin Go Bragh CL🍀

Erin Go Bragh CL🍀
Oh and ai’m not joking - I know you like the original movie but in the book - #2 it all starts in the windy city!

Its clever how they tie it sll together but because Val Kilmer is pretty sick and Michael thingy dead they need some new actors. But Pacino said he’s in apparently and De Niro always broke 😂

Oh and ai’m not joking - I know you like the original movie but in the book - #2 it all starts in the windy city!

Its clever how they tie it sll together but because Val Kilmer is pretty sick and Michael thingy dead they need some new actors. But Pacino said he’s in apparently and De Niro always broke 😂
If you know the history of those characters they are from Chicago and really existed. Neal was a thief in 60s and Pacino’s character killed him. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom