Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

I'll be 65 1st. day of Spring, Cheers!
Yeah, goddamn daylight savings time F-ed me up the other day. I got up to wake with the girls at 5 am (lights on) and at 5:03 I was like where’s my lights? Checked the fuse box, all okay. Looked at the calendar, said well, it’s not like it DST yet, that’s never on the 9th or 10th. (My damn phone calendar somehow did not mention it) and so I figured I must have accidentally pushed a button in the timers when I was checking my light levels earlier that day. I started them up. Then at some point I realized it was DST and I had given them a 21 hour day. Lol! My timers are not GPS specific so they don’t change with the time like your phone. I love them, great and inexpensive, all digital, but that’s the one downside that gets me every time. Lmao..

Yeah, goddamn daylight savings time F-ed me up the other day. I got up to wake with the girls at 5 am (lights on) and at 5:03 I was like where’s my lights? Checked the fuse box, all okay. Looked at the calendar, said well, it’s not like it DST yet, that’s never on the 9th or 10th. (My damn phone calendar somehow did not mention it) and so I figured I must have accidentally pushed a button in the timers when I was checking my light levels earlier that day. I started them up. Then at some point I realized it was DST and I had given them a 21 hour day. Lol! My timers are not GPS specific so they don’t change with the time like your phone. I love them, great and inexpensive, all digital, but that’s the one downside that gets me every time. Lmao..
Different times of year for Europe than you? My Dad's birthday and brother's birthday always mark the week for back and forward. In South Africa, and SE Asia its not marked but when they "spring forward" round this time of year when you live far away from your family it always makes you feel a little closer. When they "fall back" 6 months later you generally remember why you've lived nearly half your life 10,000 miles away from them 😆

(And yes Nick, I know she no longer counts in my total, I know I just reduced my yield by a QP or so, I know once we choose to remove there’s no changing your mind or going back, and I’m betting that the improvement in the conditions and spacing of the two beasts makes up that QP or maybe half of it. I figured I can still beat you with 8 plants).

Yeah not sure why this is news? 😆

Both wiser and less experienced growers than me have predicted this in the Thai markets for 7-10 days? It was priced in, your request to increase the grow space just tumbled the money markets further?

I mean you don't follow that? 😂

It gets weird when you increase plant density. Personally I'm too greedy - I don't cull enough so I love the cull you're doing - its worth the price of admission. I think its where you gonna edge it - but then I got side lighting and in my previous journals I've waxed on about the idea of a donut under one light being optimal.

With side lighting only penetrating so far maybe I might head that way myself?!

That's an awesome idea I seem to have typed myself into!

Nick

Different times of year for Europe than you? My Dad's birthday and brother's birthday always mark the week for back and forward. In South Africa, and SE Asia its not marked but when they "spring forward" round this time of year when you live far away from your family it always makes you feel a little closer. When they "fall back" 6 months later you generally remember why you've lived nearly half your life 10,000 miles away from them 😆

Yeah not sure why this is news? 😆

Both wiser and less experienced growers than me have predicted this in the Thai markets for 7-10 days? It was priced in, your request to increase the grow space just tumbled the money markets further?

I mean you don't follow that? 😂

It gets weird when you increase plant density. Personally I'm too greedy - I don't cull enough so I love the cull you're doing - its worth the price of admission. I think its where you gonna edge it - but then I got side lighting and in my previous journals I've waxed on about the idea of a donut under one light being optimal.

With side lighting only penetrating so far maybe I might head that way myself?!

That's an awesome idea I seem to have typed myself into!

Nick
Well I didn’t expect that attaboy. Thanks. So here’s why I’m here now: when it rains it pours my friend. Today my stepdad (only walking person here at the moment) got in an accident in the brand new Lexus and is hospitalized. He’s okay, but since we know that now, I then move to ok what do I have to do? The answer: EVERYTHING. Think as if I have a newborn or two to take care of alone and in a chair along with my dog and myself and my grow. And now no drivers so I gotta set up a bunch of delivery shit. Neither of them will drive again so now my hand is forced and I gotta get a car I can’t afford and take a $400 course to learn to drive then get licensed. Jesus. Of course that’s always been on my list but now it’s now. I’m as overwhelmed right now as a human can be. So I’ll be here as I can. Just letting you know. Sorry.

Well I didn’t expect that attaboy. Thanks. So here’s why I’m here now: when it rains it pours my friend. Today my stepdad (only walking person here at the moment) got in an accident in the brand new Lexus and is hospitalized. He’s okay, but since we know that now, I then move to ok what do I have to do? The answer: EVERYTHING. Think as if I have a newborn or two to take care of alone and in a chair along with my dog and myself and my grow. And now no drivers so I gotta set up a bunch of delivery shit. Neither of them will drive again so now my hand is forced and I gotta get a car I can’t afford and take a $400 course to learn to drive then get licensed. Jesus. Of course that’s always been on my list but now it’s now. I’m as overwhelmed right now as a human can be. So I’ll be here as I can. Just letting you know. Sorry.
take care of yourself @Jon hope to see you soon

Hoping for a speedy recovery bro 🤞as far as this grow goes I'm not sure theirs anything going to slow you down! Burn one bro and write everything this affects down.. once it's on paper you can prioritise and do some temporary fixes until your on the road 👍 I get overwhelmed mostly because my ADHD I struggle so much. My Mrs comes with the pen and pad and it helps me alot! And sometimes can get instant relief just by seeing plan.
Hope your mind is at ease soon brother ✌️

Sorry to hear about your predicament, if you are like me you would have been procrastinating about getting the licence and car , now in 12 months time you should have both .
All the best with it all we have faith in you 👍

Like really!

Worry about the license later.

I’m probably better at designing grow rooms. But I reckon I could bag a guest spot on “Pimp my Ride”

What you thinking? Minvan?

22” Chrome Spinners fo sho. But this is a good starting spot?

IMG_2318.jpeg

A chair lift off the back, and la piece de resistance

You can take the man out of England but you can’t take the England out the man

Furry Dice

Natch.

IMG_2319.jpeg

And a nod to our light obsessions:

IMG_2320.jpeg

Under car lighting, right?

Seems like its not a problem, its an opportunity!

But then this comes from man who’s wife hit on literally half of the bar last night. She’s had an epically tough few weeks so blow off a little steam, I get it.

I mean it was the female half so that was something 🤣

She got turned down by every one. Crushing.

“Babe why none these pretty girls want come home with me?”

- cause they say you’re too drunk, honey. Its like being most guys on a Friday night.

😂

It really isn’t very cool.

But gotta see the funny side of all things. Most things you can turn in negative into a positive. Part from STD results. Generally you want them stay negative.

Still no dimmer! FFS!

Nick

1710400316833.png

So three days ago it was two days and now its still two days?

Ok-la!

Anyone want a Chinese translation?

"Any update on shipping?' - bit abrupt, but you know, said two days, now already 3 now two more.

"Wait a second" Guy is facepalming now - he's been expecting happy high fives from me. Long wait and then formal "the carrier"

He's pissed off as well.

"Thanks" curt, I expressed my dissatisfaction right there.

"You are welcome" - formal, slightly overly respectful but he's a bit embarrassed.

'OK-lah" I didn't say, would, I think, make him laugh. Its a bit of a hands in the air, yeah whatever such is life kind of thing.

It'll turn up when it does.

Buuuuudz!

IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg
IMG_0005.jpeg

I mean serious they’re babies but buds!

Overdue watering, that’s happening now

New phone though!

The contests deadline is what? 24 hours?

Obvs I’m winning anything involving photos! (Not 😂)

But yeah get some plant/bud/420 life entries in.

Nominate someone a journal or as a member.

Takes a few minutes.

You miss 100% the shots you don’t take!

Nick

Buuuuudz!

IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg
IMG_0005.jpeg

I mean serious they’re babies but buds!

Overdue watering, that’s happening now

New phone though!

The contests deadline is what? 24 hours?

Obvs I’m winning anything involving photos! (Not 😂)

But yeah get some plant/bud/420 life entries in.

Nominate someone a journal or as a member.

Takes a few minutes.

You miss 100% the shots you don’t take!

Nick
Photos are a bit better with the new camera

Baaabies!

Sorta without a regular journal now so like Jon with his Marry Markle’s (spares) (my sister in law is their UK PR - I mean man what a hospital pass of a job 😂)

I’ll just post some pictures of 45 baby cannabis plants!

IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg

Pumping the @Mars Hydro FC4800 Evonfrom 40% to 60% at about 36 inches two days ago has given a decent 1-2” since.

Think tomorrow I’ll drop it to around 18” - just show ‘em I mean business, right?

They’re taking about 100ml out the syringe each once a day.

About 0.8-1.0 EC they are not exactly comparable PPM and EC - actually they’re not at alll.

I think at some points in the curve you can double say 1400ppm to 2800 and then it’s like 2.8 EC but there’s not a linear correlation?

EC is Electrical Conductivity measured with a couple of diodes forming a circuit with what’s in the liquid.

PPM as we talk about is measure of the particles in the suspension - can be measure the same or with light I think?

I’m not claiming some great knowledge here but I think the above is broad brush correct.

Our nutes ask us to aim for EC ranges and never mention PPM.

A lot of some of the more technical YouTube videos strictly talk in EC terms - Bugbee ETet all - EC fits the other metric measurements for the maths.

The 3-1, 5-1 or 7-1 pen testers don’t really have EC to the handy single decimal place, we got a dedicated one.

But - 100% - your nutes recommend a PPM follow that. They were designed for it. Your mute company spent a bunch of time and money designing them - take them at their word at least the first time.

Jon is showing us how maybe it’s worth being a bit circumspect on how much to trust them!

For us and our nutes lower to middle of their range is generally good. Especially in veg. Flower maybe we get more playful.

Nice new phone @NickHardy , and yes, when should I expect delivery on that van? I have no comment on and Co. other than damn, too drunk, yet another *almost* threesome. One day fortune will smile on you in that regard, I’m pulling for you. Heh. Did you happen to notice the Phillies kicked Bostons ass in preseason ball yesterday? Lmao! Anyway, here’s some stuff.

Garden

Gorilla Cookies coco 10 Cyco

Gorilla Cookies coco/hydro Cyco

Northern Lights Jon Soil Mix organic Geoflora

Cherry Pie California Super Soil organic

Bruce Banner #3 coco 10 Remo

Skywalker California Suoer Soil organic

Observations:
- I’m gonna beat you like a rented mule Nick
- Trizkit is an immense auto, super ultra huge
- Gorilla Cookies coco/hydro is the frostiest
- Gorilla Cookies coco 10 is the most productive
- Bruce Banner #3 looks like a very high thc girl
- I am significantly sativa heavy, by design, and even got lucky on a couple phenos that could have gone either way, ie, Cherry Pie and Gorilla Cookies. It appears all three are sativa phenos to my eyes.

That is all, except to say thanks guys for the messages of support, they are much appreciated. I got this. Just a bit much for a minute until I quickly and effortlessly adapt. I’m the boss of life. Life is not the boss of me. Heh.

yet another *almost* threesome
No it was a first “almost”. Way less stress than the ones thst actually happen 😂

:5till no dimmer 🤷🏽

Staycation in a nice hotel tonight. Like you me and & Co need a night of peace tonight.

But the dark beating heart of Bangla Road is a coupla hundred yards away should we fancy a night out. Oceanview and a dedicated weed smoking area next door.

474CAA8A-3627-4C3E-A52C-4585E614C848.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg

Yeah I’d hate me too.

😂

I’m terrified. When things seem too good to be true… “wake up, wake up Mr Nick!” (your dimmer has arrived)

Night

No it was a first “almost”. Way less stress than the ones thst actually happen 😂

:5till no dimmer 🤷🏽

Staycation in a nice hotel tonight. Like you me and & Co need a night of peace tonight.

But the dark beating heart of Bangla Road is a coupla hundred yards away should we fancy a night out. Oceanview and a dedicated weed smoking area next door.

474CAA8A-3627-4C3E-A52C-4585E614C848.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg

Yeah I’d hate me too.

😂

I’m terrified. When things seem too good to be true… “wake up, wake up Mr Nick!” (your dimmer has arrived)

Night
Don’t hate you, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit envious. Lol.

IMG_0103.jpeg

IMG_0104.jpeg

Let’s plaaaay baaaall!!!”

(Well when Sparky answers him phone anyway! 😂)

Not my hand btw - screen cap from the guy saying “Oh the other controller? Yeah next time)
Yay!!!! Finally!! He’s back, folks!!! I assume we can lose the maudlin now? Get your mojo back with the dimmer?

Back
Top Bottom