Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Jeez but do I have a headache.

8:19am here. Monday morning.

Oh but do I have a spectacular headache.

Just messaged the light company. Want my tracking number. Please today 🙏🏼
That's your remedy for a headache, getting a tracking number for your light? I'm not sure how that works but I do know things are different in Thailand. :laughtwo:

That's your remedy for a headache, getting a tracking number for your light? I'm not sure how that works but I do know things are different in Thailand. :laughtwo:
He's channelling his pain and frustration onto the light controller delivery
🤕🙃

All of the plants are looking super :cheer:

@Jon, which ones are organic and how are they performing compared with the others? Sorry but my memory is shit and my attention to detail when reading is inhibited by my ADD.

Still no tracking number.

Headache has intensified. Whilst ostensibly there might seem to be correlation between the two as consenting adults I think we can all accept they are unrelated?

Wait. What?!
Maybe you're in luck and they're being late with updating or sending the tracking number? Like the other day I received a package and got the tracking the same day as they delivered it. Irritated and relieved at the same time lol!

Maybe you're in luck and they're being late with updating or sending the tracking number? Like the other day I received a package and got the tracking the same day as they delivered it. Irritated and relieved at the same time lol!
Its the company not sending me, they arranged the shipping. They said 7 days. Normally I reckon 10 days overland from China. Today’s 7 days.

Its like the night before Christmas 😂

IMG_2175.jpeg

As I said to him after if they’re in Thailand and customs cleared likely tomorrow evening. Booking sparky tomorrow night.

Always thought 7 days was optimistic, 8/9 days is PPFD Par though.

All of the plants are looking super :cheer:

@Jon, which ones are organic and how are they performing compared with the others? Sorry but my memory is shit and my attention to detail when reading is inhibited by my ADD.
Thanks @Carmen Ray! Actually I am about to address them and ask Nick a rules question. I’ll post an organic focus today.

Still no tracking number.

Headache has intensified. Whilst ostensibly there might seem to be correlation between the two as consenting adults I think we can all accept they are unrelated?

Wait. What?!
Headaches suck. Migraine? Ouch. And no tracking number? Shit man sorry. Well, @NickHardy, I have a rules question anyway. If I were to take a plant out of the 5x5 and finish it elsewhere, would that plant still count? Haven’t we established the plants 🌱 in play now and proven we can contain them in a 5x5? I ask cuz I can finish the tent just like it is. No problem, and if that’s your call, okay, cool. But in the interest of better weed and finished product (yes, competition aside, this is truly my last Florida grow, I’m supposed to move in early May, and it’ll be a bit to get set up in the new digs and such, so since I’m “sold” <actually “given” is more accurate > out of everything but head stash, this grow has to sustain me a while. So the finished product way matters….) - it would greatly improve my grow overall to move the organics to the closet and leave the five big girls in the tent.

So long winded preview aside, can I do that and count them or if I do that do I have to compete with what’s left in the tent?

Need a ruling. Thanks.

Was that just a plain old non-educational light hearted joking remark from @Wastei? Who are you and where’s Wastei? Thank you!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its the company not sending me, they arranged the shipping. They said 7 days. Normally I reckon 10 days overland from China. Today’s 7 days.

Its like the night before Christmas 😂
Nights it seems like. Many. Lol.

Headaches suck. Migraine? Ouch. And no tracking number? Shit man sorry. Well, @NickHardy, I have a rules question anyway. If I were to take a plant out of the 5x5 and finish it elsewhere, would that plant still count? Haven’t we established the plants 🌱 in play now and proven we can contain them in a 5x5? I ask cuz I can finish the tent just like it is. No problem, and if that’s your call, okay, cool. But in the interest of better weed and finished product (yes, competition aside, this is truly my last Florida grow, I’m supposed to move in early May, and it’ll be a bit to get set up in the new digs and such, so since I’m “sold” <actually “given” is more accurate > out of everything but head stash, this grow has to sustain me a while. So the finished product way matters….) - it would greatly improve my grow overall to move the organics to the closet and leave the five big girls in the tent.

So long winded preview aside, can I do that and count them or if I do that do I have to compete with what’s left in the tent?

Need a ruling. Thanks.
Are the 5 big girls the ones on Cyco in hydro ?

IMG_2175.jpeg

As I said to him after if they’re in Thailand and customs cleared likely tomorrow evening. Booking sparky tomorrow night.

Always thought 7 days was optimistic, 8/9 days is PPFD Par though.
Phew. At least we can see light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Are the 5 big girls the ones on Cyco in hydro ?
There’s 2 coco/10s/Remo, 1 coco/10/Cyco, 1 coco hydro Remo and 1 coco hydro Cyco. All five are humongous. I wasn’t even 100% sure an auto could fill a 10 (first time trying an auto in 10s) with roots, but these sure as hell already all have. I now believe I can get an auto to fill a 15. That’s on my list for next grow experiments for the only occasional autos I’ll grow after this.

and ask Nick a rules question
Apart from no more than 650 PPFD for any four consecutive weeks in the grow, there are no rules right? Turn that dimmer down buddy 😂

IMG_2188.jpeg
IMG_2189.jpeg

Pretty sure that’s over watering. Nutrient rich, Co2 enhanced environment they just can’t process it all without more light. Gets dimmer every day so the last three has been one watering a day.

Today both nute tanks were empty so a lazy man flush - 2.5ml per litre Cal Mag at 4-0-0 + Fe and about 3ml Seaweed/Amino garden shop type thing. Smells loke three day old sushi left in the sun.

Running 100L through these 36 litres of pots, 16L of pots in Another grow and all 40 or whatever of our next main grow pictured below.

Anyone wondering - I’m not “over this grow” like quitting, conceding or giving up. As Jon might say “Oh Lord no! I’m not built like that at all!”

But behold the rich greens below and know - you can always run it again 😂

Nick

IMG_2191.jpeg

Need a ruling. Thanks.
No man or I’d have had mine up in our flower room weeks back when this light started failing.

All in the 5x5

It gets weird growing lots of plants in a small space. Your mental yield doesn’t translate.

My last grow in this 5x5 yielded 1058g primo. 2.2 pounds? I have only told @abosrber this before privately.

That’s not an awful yardstick

Its hard getting much up above 1.x grams per watt. Funny things happen.

All to the finish in the 5x5 I say but we can open it to a vote for anyone still reading!

The migraine? Ha. As Azi said “I prefer to live vicariously through you!”

Wise is Azi. Wise 🤣

Was that just a plain old non-educational light hearted joking remark from @Wastei? Who are you and where’s Wastei? Thank you!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm feeling tired and off today! Maybe I'm getting old and going soft, and maybe that's all for the better? I might be under the weather and be back to my dead serious self in a couple of days? Future will tell! :yahoo:

Cheers Jon!

No man or I’d have had mine up in out glower room weeks back when this light started failing.

All in the 5x5

It gets weird growing lots of plants in a small space. Your mental yield doesn’t translate.

My last grow in this 5x5 yielded 1058g primo. 2.2 pounds? I have only told @abosrber this before privately.

That’s not an awful yardstick

Its hard getting much up above 1.x grams per watt. Funny things happen.

All to the finish in the 5x5 I say but we can open it to a vote for anyone still reading!

The migraine? Ha. As Azi said “I prefer to live vicariously through you!”

Wise is Azi. Wise 🤣
Ok fair enough, I asked. And nope, no other opinions required. Our contest, our rules. I’m cool with that. Well, I may eliminate one anyway.

Mental yield? 2.2 pounds? My friend, I honestly have no earthly idea what you’re talking about. I’m looking at a minimum worst case scenario of three pounds if I operated blind for the rest of the grow. I can read a plant and be in ballpark on its yield as well or poorly as anyone, and the only two plants I have that aren’t 6+ ounces are the two organics in small pots. I have four that are at least 10 and one might be up to 14. I expect to come in between 60 and 70 ounces.

Back
Top Bottom