Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Fair enough! Long as you keep putting it out there! I’m the same way with the few things I feel I actually know well.
Sure, just know I've never grown an auto so I dont know if they are extra thirsty for nutrients than photos due to the shorter growing period

Sure, just know I've never grown an auto so I dont know if they are extra thirsty for nutrients than photos due to the shorter growing period
I believe that to be true. Others would disagree. But in my experience, I feed the living crap out of autos and 95% of the time they’re fine with it. What you said is exactly the conclusion I have drawn over time. I am way more conservative with photos cuz I actually care about them. Lmao.

Here’s what I keep out, @NickHardy, only 11 strains cuz that’s all the small jars I have. I weighed the rest with this recently and I have almost a pound of kief here. These are just starting to turn for me (see closeups). Over several months, I’ve found it becomes thicker, hashier, darker, and more fragrant, not to mention more concentrated, stronger, and tastier. The rest lives in the dark in way too big mason jars cuz that’s all I have at the moment, but at least they’re in glass. It’s a hobby, my collection. I use poor man’s Trim Bin method only. All my kief is as clean as this. The bowl is drying out still, it’s the Cherry Pie haul from the last grow, came out a little darkish. I don’t jar until it’s bone dry then let it sit in the jars forever.

IMG_5022.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg

IMG_1986.jpeg
IMG_1987.jpeg

And top right corner - that would be me.

If I sell $180 of weed today then I get a generator in. Otherwise its sunlight.

400L of coco arrived this morning for our other grows. We’ll need about 480L for the next wave. Already thinking about the next grow in this tent. I’m over this one already!

IMG_1984.jpeg
IMG_1988.jpeg

You're not conceding are you? :oops:
Ha no! Its a two ‘oss race. He lives in alligator country, or “Florida Man” can strike at any minute! Plus I never give up - I’m also known Nicky “Haley” Hardy That‘s me!

Oh have I got the local news story for you Azi! I’ll pop it in my OT with a tag. In the heart of Bangkok….

Nick

IMG_1995.jpeg
IMG_1996.jpeg
IMG_1997.jpeg

They’re starting to look better but small buds. These are the bud sizes I got on a grow that’s in trim now - it was all under 480w of @Mars Hydro (the bits under 730w are big) This isn’t even as bright as that.
cannabis-co2-ppfd.png

This suggests I should be relatively fine with the Co2 but just not feeling like it.

5 more sleeps, 5 more sleeps..

Nick

Here’s what I keep out, @NickHardy, only 11 strains cuz that’s all the small jars I have. I weighed the rest with this recently and I have almost a pound of kief here. These are just starting to turn for me (see closeups). Over several months, I’ve found it becomes thicker, hashier, darker, and more fragrant, not to mention more concentrated, stronger, and tastier. The rest lives in the dark in way too big mason jars cuz that’s all I have at the moment, but at least they’re in glass. It’s a hobby, my collection. I use poor man’s Trim Bin method only. All my kief is as clean as this. The bowl is drying out still, it’s the Cherry Pie haul from the last grow, came out a little darkish. I don’t jar until it’s bone dry then let it sit in the jars forever.

IMG_5022.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg
Very nice 👍 looking 👀 kief Jon. It’s obvious that you have a system for making yours. Beautiful color with no green. CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone:

Ha no! Its a two ‘oss race. He lives in alligator country, or “Florida Man” can strike at any minute! Plus I never give up - I’m also known Nicky “Haley” Hardy That‘s me!

Oh have I got the local news story for you Azi! I’ll pop it in my OT with a tag. In the heart of Bangkok….

Nick
I guess you haven't seen the news that Nicky Haley is dropping out...? :eye-roll: :eye-roll:

I guess you haven't seen the news that Nicky Haley is dropping out...? :eye-roll: :eye-roll:
Nikki, yep expected post Super Tuesday. She's played a bad hand beautifully. I say this without comment on the politics or whatever, just on the game.

She made him hemorrhage cash fighting a bunch of places he didn't need to. Trump's spending his mega Pac money on his legal bills which are huge, $50m a year last year or something so she's eaten into that. He's spent proportionally more already this year and has trial dates looming, down to his last $5m beginning of February and his Super Pacs like Maga are all broke. She's won a few states. So should he be jailed or otherwise removed from the running then she's the candidate by default, no? They ain't running it again so she's got a hedge there. Trump still has to raise money to go fight Brandon Biden after all this and pay potentially several sets of trial lawyers at the same. Its a money game, like as Joe Kennedy is said to have said when questioned why JFK just scraped home, "I didn't pay for a landside"

I'm European, specifically British, even the most right wing of the right Conservative party look like Commies compared to your Democrats, let alone the GOP! But Trump from a far seems to have brought a kind of madness over the Republican Party. He's actually a reptile everyone is in thrall to. Just more absurdist than PJ O'Rourke's savvy, funny, version. So yeah - Haley I reckon is playing a canny game, even if its for 2028.

Playing around with the microscopic camera earlier. This is a Bruce Banner taken at 8.5 weeks - two weeks too early but wasn't worth running longer as a quarter plant and everything else was getting harvested. She had a full sister but whilst being moved to finish her last two weeks someone sprayed her down with Neem so I tossed her. Bit gutted about that but mistakes happen. Anyway not that @Jon would ever do such a thing! But don't harvest anything this early!

"I can see clearly now..."

Nick

IMG_0016.JPG

@Wastei

What do you do about your run off?

Upstairs ours are plumbed in properly but here in tents they run off to drip trays, black ones maybe ai should cover them with tin foil, because when we water in the morning I don’t vacuum them out, I should really because that’s just free humidity all day I just don’t want.

I said ai’d never ever need one but I’m wondering if buying a seedling mat for each of the two trays is an idea. They’re water proof.

Since the 200w floodlight with its integral driver has been in the tent temp has gone to 33-34c and the Rh has plummeted to sub 45%

My VPD has touched 2.0 which is way way high. Like that’s past running at the ragged edge.

I’m wondering when that heat source and Rh destroyer, the 200w flood, is gone if some waterproof seedling mats placed in the drip trays would help burn off that drip tray water real quick after each watering?

They’re $6 delivered for a 10”x20”

Or maybe I end up with steamed buds?

I could probably run the UVC the same time so at least its clean steam!

Anyone, anyone, anyone?

Nick

@Wastei

Upstairs ours are plumbed in properly but here in tents they run off to drip trays, black ones maybe ai should cover them with tin foil, because when we water in the morning I don’t vacuum them out, I should really because that’s just free humidity all day I just don’t want.

I said ai’d never ever need one but I’m wondering if buying a seedling mat for each of the two trays is an idea. They’re water proof.

Since the 200w floodlight with its integral driver has been in the tent temp has gone to 33-34c and the Rh has plummeted to sub 45%

My VPD has touched 2.0 which is way way high. Like that’s past running at the ragged edge.

I’m wondering when that heat source and Rh destroyer, the 200w flood, is gone if some waterproof seedling mats placed in the drip trays would help burn off that drip tray water real quick after each watering?

Anyone, anyone, anyone?

Nick
the heating mats are the actually water proof or water resistant? if anything i'd put them under the tray but i would vacuum personally

They’re full waterproof - I’ll check the IP rating. If they are direct contact probably better the trays are 110x60cm so 4’x2’ ? They’re a snug fit to the bricks too so under would mean they would likely not sit flat.

Yeah vacuuming every time sure. But these are 14 of 60 with 35 being trimmed and I have a real 7 day a week job. Its 15 minutes each time. And the kids are at school or work during the day which is why it doesn’t get done. I need a short cut. 😂

But seriously you water to run off even just once a day with a minimum average ambient Rh of 75% - Rh is your nemesis so your clean up operation is a big thing.

@Wastei

Anyone, anyone, anyone?

Nick
Wish I had a better location with a proper drain. I use a shop vac. In veg it helps some with moisture but in flower you want to remove it. I thought I was gonna have time to find a decent 4x4 runoff tray but there's no hydro stores nearby and they won't send it by post.

I shop vac every third day or so in veg. On my Aero system I have a 30 psi RV pump doing the draining back to the reservoir. I will change that and setup a runoff reservoir when I'm back running Aero.

In flower I will probably need to vac every day.

Wish I had a better location with a proper drain. I use a shop vac. In veg it helps some with moisture but in flower you want to remove it. I thought I was gonna have time to find a decent 4x4 runoff tray but there's no hydro stores nearby and they won't send it by post.

I shop vac every third day or so in veg. On my Aero system I have a 30 psi RV pump doing the draining back to the reservoir. I will change that and setup a runoff reservoir when I'm back running Aero.

In flower I will probably need to vac every day.
Yeah same - even with background Rh so high in veg 80% is fine for me so much less bothered about it. Like you vacuum every few days Its when the buds get big in the tents you have to have it in the 40’s because every time you open the door it spikes up. If I could flick a switch and dry them out quicker I would.

Place them at the end where the dehuey sits and the slope of the floor takes the water in the trays and in theory it gets whisked away through the duct to the AC

Theories are great, aren’t they!

Bilge pump is what I used.. It would automatically pump once the water reached a certain level like 4cm.

@Wastei where the devil are you? I got mine delivered.. garland 12cm deep 120x120. And got some nice ebb and flow trays from Germany.. they also doo good NFT resovoir with trays on top which I was looking at recently. I think The NFT kit will be my next set up for drain to waste to save space.

3a32f2fa6b27dc721ecab640debf7c30-8c0b5164.jpg

Back
Top Bottom