Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

@Wastei

What do you do about your run off?

Upstairs ours are plumbed in properly but here in tents they run off to drip trays, black ones maybe ai should cover them with tin foil, because when we water in the morning I don’t vacuum them out, I should really because that’s just free humidity all day I just don’t want.

I said ai’d never ever need one but I’m wondering if buying a seedling mat for each of the two trays is an idea. They’re water proof.

Since the 200w floodlight with its integral driver has been in the tent temp has gone to 33-34c and the Rh has plummeted to sub 45%

My VPD has touched 2.0 which is way way high. Like that’s past running at the ragged edge.

I’m wondering when that heat source and Rh destroyer, the 200w flood, is gone if some waterproof seedling mats placed in the drip trays would help burn off that drip tray water real quick after each watering?

They’re $6 delivered for a 10”x20”

Or maybe I end up with steamed buds?

I could probably run the UVC the same time so at least its clean steam!

Anyone, anyone, anyone?

Nick
I built a sump well under my grow space, all of my run off runs into the well. The well is a stainless steel pan approximately 12" wide X 24" long X 4" tall. I use a automatic condensate pump to remove the run off. The pump that I use will pump up to 10' in elevation, giving me enough lift to get run off into my attic where I ran tubing to a drain, it actually drops through the ceiling behind my washing machine and drains into washing machine drain. The pump I am currently using is a "Little Giant 1- ABS condensate removal pump". The pump will power on when the water level reaches 1 3/4" and shut off when the water level drops again to 1 1/4"

Nikki, yep expected post Super Tuesday. She's played a bad hand beautifully. I say this without comment on the politics or whatever, just on the game.

She made him hemorrhage cash fighting a bunch of places he didn't need to. Trump's spending his mega Pac money on his legal bills which are huge, $50m a year last year or something so she's eaten into that. He's spent proportionally more already this year and has trial dates looming, down to his last $5m beginning of February and his Super Pacs like Maga are all broke. She's won a few states. So should he be jailed or otherwise removed from the running then she's the candidate by default, no? They ain't running it again so she's got a hedge there. Trump still has to raise money to go fight Brandon Biden after all this and pay potentially several sets of trial lawyers at the same. Its a money game, like as Joe Kennedy is said to have said when questioned why JFK just scraped home, "I didn't pay for a landside"

I'm European, specifically British, even the most right wing of the right Conservative party look like Commies compared to your Democrats, let alone the GOP! But Trump from a far seems to have brought a kind of madness over the Republican Party. He's actually a reptile everyone is in thrall to. Just more absurdist than PJ O'Rourke's savvy, funny, version. So yeah - Haley I reckon is playing a canny game, even if its for 2028.

Playing around with the microscopic camera earlier. This is a Bruce Banner taken at 8.5 weeks - two weeks too early but wasn't worth running longer as a quarter plant and everything else was getting harvested. She had a full sister but whilst being moved to finish her last two weeks someone sprayed her down with Neem so I tossed her. Bit gutted about that but mistakes happen. Anyway not that @Jon would ever do such a thing! But don't harvest anything this early!

Nick

IMG_0016.JPG
I sure would in that exact same circumstance

They’re full waterproof - I’ll check the IP rating. If they are direct contact probably better the trays are 110x60cm so 4’x2’ ? They’re a snug fit to the bricks too so under would mean they would likely not sit flat.

Yeah vacuuming every time sure. But these are 14 of 60 with 35 being trimmed and I have a real 7 day a week job. Its 15 minutes each time. And the kids are at school or work during the day which is why it doesn’t get done. I need a short cut. 😂

But seriously you water to run off even just once a day with a minimum average ambient Rh of 75% - Rh is your nemesis so your clean up operation is a big thing.
Get a 4’x4’ plastic tray from Amazon that’s two inches deep. That’s the largest I have been able to find. Get as many as you need.

Here’s what I keep out, @NickHardy, only 11 strains cuz that’s all the small jars I have. I weighed the rest with this recently and I have almost a pound of kief here. These are just starting to turn for me (see closeups). Over several months, I’ve found it becomes thicker, hashier, darker, and more fragrant, not to mention more concentrated, stronger, and tastier. The rest lives in the dark in way too big mason jars cuz that’s all I have at the moment, but at least they’re in glass. It’s a hobby, my collection. I use poor man’s Trim Bin method only. All my kief is as clean as this. The bowl is drying out still, it’s the Cherry Pie haul from the last grow, came out a little darkish. I don’t jar until it’s bone dry then let it sit in the jars forever.

IMG_5022.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg
You should post a tutorial on your "poor man’s Trim Bin method"

Day 57

Nick I got nothing to say. This carpet may appear out of control but it’s anything but.

Last time I’ll apologize for this but I really feel awful. I’m barely here or on the site. There’s a reason. It’s WW3 here. Every goddamn day. I’m doing the best I can at the moment.

Here’s our current state of affairs. For those keeping score, the Trizkit is not showing buds or even a sniff of them at day 58. My record was set last grow with the 61 days of veg the Cherry Pie gave me, but we’re almost there. No wonder they say this is a 7’ tall auto. It would be if I left it alone. Insane.

IMG_5031.jpeg

Get a 4’x4’ plastic tray from Amazon that’s two inches deep. That’s the largest I have been able to find. Get as many as you need.
They’re cake to vacuum out and several plants fit in each. None of that bullshit of using the thin attachment to get the drip tray water and a different one for the floor. Just vacuum out a few trays. Cake.

Day 57

Nick I got nothing to say. This carpet may appear out of control but it’s anything but.

Last time I’ll apologize for this but I really feel awful. I’m barely here or on the site. There’s a reason. It’s WW3 here. Every goddamn day. I’m doing the best I can at the moment.

Here’s our current state of affairs. For those keeping score, the Trizkit is not showing buds or even a sniff of them at day 58. My record was set last grow with the 61 days of veg the Cherry Pie gave me, but we’re almost there. No wonder they say this is a 7’ tall auto. It would be if I left it alone. Insane.

IMG_5031.jpeg
They are looking good Jon

IMG_9738.jpeg

This is the same day of the last grow. 150-160 tall all 12 of them. Many more and way bigger buds. That’s a Blueberry OG so comparable strain to OG and Bubba Kush’s. Looks about 7-10 days behind at the moment - plus I simply don’t have the height to hang them off that I did there. My tallest plant here is 130cm and 4 of them are sub 1m.

I’ll try and run them as long as I can but but you can see with the doors open I’m basically growing outdoors in the tropics. Its 31c and 78% Rh right now. Keeping mould at bay towards the end is really hard.

But they look a great colour, maybe the side lighting helps me grow them thicker lower. Leaves a little thin

IMG_2136.jpeg
IMG_2135.jpeg

They’re coming along. Need some food. Yesterday was a bit odd at home so didn’t actually look at them all day.

Tomorrow tomorrow and tomorrow hopefully the new dimmer control arrives. Pretty sure the 6000k 200w floodlight has helped add some height.

@Jon has been kinda quiet of late.

Hope your well buddy - been checking the Miami Herald and Palm Beach Post hoping for a story like:

“Florida Man rides ‘gator through neighbours house destroying a 5x5 tent of Cannabis in competition grow”

But not made the news yet I guess 🤣

One can hope!

Nick

IMG_2135.jpeg

The inaugural Florida Man Games were two weeks back. The Times (the only news source I pay for, I think, not to be onfused with the NY Times!) covered it but its behind a paywall.

Looks like crazy fun. Many beers and much cannabis was consumed.

Mad right? Next I’ll be telling you JFK’s daughter was cooking snags on the barbie outside a Bunnings hardware store in Australia last week?

Oh wait!

That did actually happen. Bunnings celebrates every election in Australia, where it's illegal not to vote so they make it a public holiday with free hotdogs in the parking lot. This was for The Sh*tbox Racer Charity drive though.

JFK must be looking down from the moon with pride 🤣

Day 61

Jeez, I get busy for a few days and miss all the fun. Nick, your grow is starting to look like I thought it would. Remember, you’re supposed to win. I see what you have and I see mine and to be honest it looks like a toss up to my eyes right now. Your girls have exploded and seem to be stretching a bit more due to your light issues, maybe it’s just me. But shit…..you really do get some yield from your Dixie cups.

My girls are universally going apeshit as well. This morning I did two reservoir changes, and some serious upper level defol. I have roots for days. I also cleaned out a bunch of fans I stupidly burned with Neem. (Not particularly LOL, just ones that were about to go anyway, but I gotta be smarter than that). My new shop vac arrived and now I truly have a dry clean tent finally. The other shop vac was junk. Amazing how a truly dry tent vs an almost dry tent makes a few points difference in RH. I’m sitting for 18-20 hours a day at around 76 degrees, 45-50% RH, and roughly in the neighborhood of 1200 ppfd across the canopy, with a hot spot in the middle band. Later I’ll adjust the side lights and offset them. Once set we go from 25% to 50% on them. I’m in week four of flower. It’s time. The RH is going down to more like 38-40% once the Trizkit has actual buds. A bit high for me right now but I have a ton of focused air. No worries.

The Trizkit is finally flowering, just no budlets yet. Lmao. 60-ish veg days. Big autos? Put Trizkit and Gorilla Cookies on the list. Beasts among beasts.

I’m not even gonna show it all to you Nick. But here’s the row on the right, which front to back is the organic Gorilla Cookies, the organic Skywalker, and the Gorilla Cookies in a 10 of coco on Cyco week 4 of flower. You can extrapolate from this.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IMG_5055.jpeg

Here’s a shot from the non-raise up wheelchair. I use this one to water and the other one for anything canopy level. (Right tool for the right job, lol). This is literally what I see first thing in the morning. Left to right is the Gorilla Cookies 10 coco Cyco, the organic Northern Lights, and the coco/water Cyco Gorilla Cookies. Cola from each in the same order.

IMG_5059.jpeg

IMG_5060.jpeg

IMG_5061.jpeg

IMG_5062.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom