Back after a few years of being gone from forum

ResinSaurusRex

I was fairly active on the forums 3 or so years ago then disappeared for personal reasons. I've since moved states and want to get back into growing but with autos instead of regular feminized plants and T5's instead of multi spectrum LED. Also, my winters get to -30 so I'll need to some suggestions on external heat sources.

I'm glad to be back

Welcome back @ResinSaurusRex

Have you started growing anything yet?

Will you be making a grow journal? Here's the link.

Have you thought about entering any of the contests to win free grow stuff?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

I was fairly active on the forums 3 or so years ago then disappeared for personal reasons. I've since moved states and want to get back into growing but with autos instead of regular feminized plants and T5's instead of multi spectrum LED. Also, my winters get to -30 so I'll need to some suggestions on external heat sources.

I'm glad to be back
Welcome back! I'd take the newer LEDs over T5s, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

Where is your tent going to be setup?

I have a 8x8 shed with 7ft height roof connected to the side of my house. It's insulated but no heating or cooling going into it. Summers are mostly mild but winters can get brutal. I was thinking I wouldn't need a tent since it's a controlled environment. I'd toss in a few space heaters and some fans for circulation. My neighbors aren't too close and smells can be attributed to skunks in the area. Unless you think a charcoal Filtration system is needed.

As far as T5 lights are concerned I was actually just looking at some 2000 watt Mars Hydro LEDS. I think they would work well in my area since I don't plan on filling the entire thing up. I'd hand reflective material to create a more uniform blueprint.

Welcome back @ResinSaurusRex

Have you started growing anything yet?

Will you be making a grow journal? Here's the link.

Have you thought about entering any of the contests to win free grow stuff?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
It's funny you mention growing yet. I was cutting weeds in my yard and found wild "weeds". They don't look like ruderalis and they are smaller than hemp and ditch weed. Maybe the neighbor tossed some sativa autos down??

20210724_200542.jpg

IMG_20210724_195058_408.jpg

IMG_20210724_195058_492.jpg

I have a 8x8 shed with 7ft height roof connected to the side of my house. It's insulated but no heating or cooling going into it. Summers are mostly mild but winters can get brutal. I was thinking I wouldn't need a tent since it's a controlled environment. I'd toss in a few space heaters and some fans for circulation. My neighbors aren't too close and smells can be attributed to skunks in the area. Unless you think a charcoal Filtration system is needed.

As far as T5 lights are concerned I was actually just looking at some 2000 watt Mars Hydro LEDS. I think they would work well in my area since I don't plan on filling the entire thing up. I'd hand reflective material to create a more uniform blueprint.
Make sure when looking at LEDs to check actual draw wattage (what it actually consumes).

It'll depend on how well it's insulated when talking those temps. You'll probably have a decent start up cost, you'll be running heat in winter and ac in summer. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers, so make sure you've got your electrical done up properly, especially if it's connected to the home.

My neighbors are far, and while I didn't use it, I have the carbon filter setup in my tent, just not connected to the fan. It sits up there in the tent, ready to be hooked up in seconds to the fan should I choose to. Till then I just vent outside, unfiltered.

You can use the reflective insulation or panda film to line your walls. If you decide to use paint, go with flat white.

Since your going autos, you don't have to worry about light proofing at least (one of my main attractions to autos).

Make sure when looking at LEDs to check actual draw wattage (what it actually consumes).

It'll depend on how well it's insulated when talking those temps. You'll probably have a decent start up cost, you'll be running heat in winter and ac in summer. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers, so make sure you've got your electrical done up properly, especially if it's connected to the home.

My neighbors are far, and while I didn't use it, I have the carbon filter setup in my tent, just not connected to the fan. It sits up there in the tent, ready to be hooked up in seconds to the fan should I choose to. Till then I just vent outside, unfiltered.

You can use the reflective insulation or panda film to line your walls. If you decide to use paint, go with flat white.

Since your going autos, you don't have to worry about light proofing at least (one of my main attractions to autos).
Can you recommend a seed source that's US based?

Can you recommend a seed source that's US based?
As I'm not in the US, no...but if you check the sponsors list something should pop up. Or just wait, I'm more then confident someone can recommend a US source.

get rid of those wild males for sure. that'd screw you up good.
i'd frankly be pissed on finding those any where near.

insulate the shed. you won't need a pile of r factor. i'd go styro with a bubble mylar over and good to go. easy install and works through 3 seasons no worries. height of summer might not be ideal, but with proper ventilation it'd be acceptable.

would be perfect in winter with a better lighting choice and small supplemental heating.

i'd also run a better lighting choice if i had 8 x 8. just a bit more upscale. mars is acceptable, i'd just shoot a bit higher and be done chasing upgrades for a while.

I did a better look around that shed and saw plastic over what I thought was already insulated. Nope, just plastic. Instead of having to insulate an entire shed I was thinking of just going with a simple 2x4x6 tent to get me back into things. A mars SP3000 LED, some 3 gallon fiber pots. I'd go 5 gallon for photo period but don't see the larger need for such a short grow period. I'm not sure on a grow tent or fan yet. I prefer a quiet fan and low draw. I could use tent recommendations. I like fox farms soil and I've used Elite A,B, and Resin D notes. Although I'm open to alternatives. I also need a timer and pH pen.

I ordered some Hindu Wreck and Chemdawg auto seeds to start with. I should be ordering the Mars Hydro tent kit with the SP3000 light by the end of the week. All that remains is a timer, pH meter, and ph up/down and some basic veg/flower nutes.

I just ordered the Mars 2x4 tent kit with the SP3000 light. I liked what I've been reading and seeing in videos of live PAR tests. Now I just need soil, a pH meter, some pH +/-, a timer, and a multi outlet extention cable + some nutes.

I bought myself another pack of regular seeds called Citrus Black. Hopefully I can get a male when I grow them to collect some pollen to pollinate a lower branch and also cross pollinate some autos.

Screenshot_20210806-071137_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom