Bapple's 2015 Outdoor Grow - Autos & Photos

Hello Mr Chen! :ciao:

After the thunderstorms, I was very nervous about bud rot so I was visiting them daily, but now I am back to every other day or so, cos there is a fair amount of yellowing and dead leaves on the plants - and if one does not regularly tidy up meticulously the dead organic matter encourages mould.

Hope you are over your bad experience in Bangkok and enjoying your weekend. :thumb:

Hello Mr Chen! :ciao:

After the thunderstorms, I was very nervous about bud rot so I was visiting them daily, but now I am back to every other day or so, cos there is a fair amount of yellowing and dead leaves on the plants - and if one does not regularly tidy up meticulously the dead organic matter encourages mould.

Hope you are over your bad experience in Bangkok and enjoying your weekend. :thumb:

Hello Devi:love:
I was wondering is there any kind of treatment you can give a plant to prevent mold:smokin:it must be a hell of a worry with buds getting fat I know though that sulphur will help to cure but is there a preventative powder or anything you can combat it with ?
I hope that all is well in Narnia:circle-of-love:

Hello Jaga, how's tricks? :ciao:

I don't think there is any real preventative for mould, as it's caused by a set of environmental conditions....

What I've learned in many years of gardening and in the last couple of years growing cannabis - leads me to believe that if a plant is strong and healthy it is less likely to be susceptible to many pests and diseases. So prevention is better than cure. But I suppose if it were to rain continuously, for a week while ones buds are in heavy flowering stage, and then followed by days of cloudy humidity, one is probably on a hiding to nothing.

I hope you are feeling better J - whatever or whoever thy are don't let them get you down. Enjoy the weekend, and greetings to Lady J :thumb:

Bapples little helpers :blushsmile: moved from the okra and bell pepper plants unto the Blue Dream and the surrounding vegetation.

image209.jpeg

Bapple,
I'm late however.... its all green around here!
:popcorn:

Hey Ms. B....my climate is very dry so outdoors bud rot & mold aren't heavy risks, but if conditions for rot & mold continue, you could lend a little help by stripping out more fans, secondary laterals & gently pushing down or bending down branches to create more internal air space to promote air circulation. It's those indicas that seem to cause most problems. But your gardening skills should keep trouble away.:Namaste:

Hey Ms. B....my climate is very dry so outdoors bud rot & mold aren't heavy risks, but if conditions for rot & mold continue, you could lend a little help by stripping out more fans, secondary laterals & gently pushing down or bending down branches to create more internal air space to promote air circulation. It's those indicas that seem to cause most problems. But your gardening skills should keep trouble away.:Namaste:

Thanks for the tips BL :thanks:

It's all suddenly become a bit fraught - worrying about BR, worms and praying it doesn't rain between now and harvest...lol

Thanks for staying the course; I'm grateful. :hug:

Hello beautiful people!

It's 30C and very windy out. Went to water the girls and clear debris, and check for any undesirables. Lots of baby ladybirds but nothing else to report. Everyone had just water. Apologies for any mixed up photos, but it was speed photography, even though I go down to Narnia in wellies, and long sleeves and trousers, the scary mosquitoes just go for the back of my hands, so did everything in a hurry.

Blue Dream day 35. Leaf miners are having a go at her, so neemed lower leaves and the soil last week

image252.jpeg
image250.jpeg

HSO Amherst Sour Diesel

image251.jpeg
image249.jpeg

Portela about 3 weeks into flowering. She smells awesome,sweet like candy....got to pin down the smell eventually.

image246.jpeg
image247.jpeg
image245.jpeg

image253.jpeg

Hollands Hope, filling out quickly and still smelling delicious.

image244.jpeg
image243.jpeg
image242.jpeg
image240.jpeg
image239.jpeg
image238.jpeg
image237.jpeg
image236.jpeg

image235.jpeg

It's barbecue Sunday but too windy to use the old school barbecue, so we are wheeling out the big ass Weber the SL had shipped over from the states 3 years ago.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday wherever they are:allgood::rollit::green_heart:

Yo Bapple,
I watch your grows to learn about the outdoor scene and the challenges I may encounter.
Your techniques help me a great deal in what to do if issues arise. Thx mate.
How old is the ASD? She looks real good!:thumb:
I echo b.real on upping the nutes a bit. The lower fans look a lil limey .

I
looking good. some of them could use some fertilizer.

Hey B.real!:ciao:

I fed the Portela a hefty dose of both grow and bloom fertiliser last week, but she seems to be determined to shed all her old fan leaves but the revegged growth remains green.

One of the things I learned over the years from non 420 gardening, is that feeding nutes when a plant is struggling with climactic conditions (be they extreme heat or coolish conditions)can end in tears. The stretch on all of them stopped pretty much as soon as flowering started cos the plants have chosen to focus their energy on reproduction rather than leaf and height production. Outdoors, it's impossible to control conditions and when the going gets tough it's better to let the plant deal with it without interference.

Hope your week has started well.

Yo Bapple,
I watch your grows to learn about the outdoor scene and the challenges I may encounter.
Your techniques help me a great deal in what to do if issues arise. Thx mate.
How old is the ASD? She looks real good!:thumb:
I echo b.real on upping the nutes a bit. The lower fans look a lil limey .

Hello there Stage!:ciao:

ASD is at day 65 or so of flowering and been going since March if memory serves me.......

The ASD is fading fast, and losing fan leaves consistently, but I like a good fade at the end. She won't get any more nutes now until harvest, cos I like a super clean smoke.

I will feed the Hollands Hope one more time this week; if as predicted the temps drop below 28C, and see if that improves her appearance.

However, I think the problem is that we have had a lengthy period of above 30C temps and I think both the HH and the Portela are in self preservation mode, and yellowing and dropping leaves seem to be part of that strategy, cos the plants are really healthy apart from that. Apparently at temps over 30C, photosynthesis ceases in cannabis plants and they go into survival mode.

Have a super week Stage :thumb:

Hey Bapple, I stumbled into your thread because I love beautiful outdoor grows. Your girls look lovely!

I'll just tag along and drool over the pictures in your updates...

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

More water always helps with high temps, especially in flowering!

More water always helps with high temps, especially in flowering!

Hey Conradino! :ciao:

Yep! That's what they've been getting since my daughter was here more water.

Good to see you in my yard :allgood::rollit:

Yeah if you had all of us drooling all over everything there you would never have to water again, Bapple. Wouldn't that be great?

Hey Weasel! :ciao:

Yep! Not having to carry water would make life so much easier; can't wait for this grow to end successfully off course. My nerves are shot. :bitingnails:

Have a good day. :thumb:

Hey Bapple, I stumbled into your thread because I love beautiful outdoor grows. Your girls look lovely!

I'll just tag along and drool over the pictures in your updates...

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Thank you Healthytoker :thanks: and welcome!

Back
Top Bottom