Bapple's 2017 Outdoor Shenanigans

Great finds, but maybe you should just go with whatbyou really like or what you'd really like to smoke. Others for sure will help youto find another treasure :thumb:

Great finds, but maybe you should just go with whatbyou really like or what you'd really like to smoke. Others for sure will help youto find another treasure :thumb:

Hey Conradino!:ciao:

Brightlight has pointed me towards some of the type off stuff I like ......all I have to do now is order from some of those seed banks.......my main problem is the ridiculous stash of seeds I already have...

Understand completely....but so much fun one can move beyond that "problem". Sometimes they just call out to you saying..."You must have this!" :laughtwo: :Namaste:

Indeed Bright :high-five: Bapple

You and the SL are enablers :ganjamon::allgood::hug:

Will drop you a PM over the weekend re Easter adventures stateside.

So took down the rest of the Green Crack and it's all in brown bags drying. All popcorn buds have gone into the freezer for butter. The buds were not getting plumper and the popcorn buds were starting to reveg. She smells great and was soooo sticky. I've got a nice little ball of finger hash to wake and bake with Saturday.

image19591.jpeg

Freezer batch

image19590.jpeg
image19592.jpeg

The top buds should be ready for jarring tomorrow
:Namaste::420:

Amherst sour diesel is a awesome strain! Never grown it but i can get it regularly at a dispensary near my city and its great! Hope everything goes well,good luck....

Amherst sour diesel is a awesome strain! Never grown it but i can get it regularly at a dispensary near my city and its great! Hope everything goes well,good luck....

Welcome jmills! :ciao:

ASD is a great strain, grown it twice once Autumn /Winter and a Spring /Summer grow. She got big in the summer grow and she had some BR but it was still a bumper haul.

Hope all is well with you apart from your funky smell issues....hopefully someone with some indoor growing expertise will check it out and help you :Namaste:

Also, adding a signature to your profile with a link to your grow makes it easier for people to find your journal.

What genetics company did you get those ASD beans from? I got a few strawberry cough and Diablo seeds but need to buy a few more for my next grow... What strain do you suggest besides NL for a newer grower? I do prefer smaller plants btw...

Hey J!

I got my ASD from HSO.

I like established seed companies because the seeds generally do exactly what it says on the box. I have had great results from Dutch Passion, and Humboldt Seed Organisation strains.

As a gardening veteran (non 420 over 20 years experience) I don't believe there is any such thing as a beginner strain.....the most important thing when growing anything from seed, is good genetics and a well stabilised line. When you start with high quality genetics, the plant will do all the work, and even forgive bad mistakes, with a quick recovery.

I hope that helps some :cheer:

Hope Bapple. Hope all's well with you. Plants look very nice- I planted a PK last week but it looks like it's not going to make it.
I have a question. I remember you talking about making oil or butter, and/or decarbing in a hot water bath. Is that right? I've been working on making oil, partly as a first step to making pain cream, or rather - anti-pain cream :). This is my first time going down this road and also learning about how to decarb. I don't trust my oven dial- have to get to town to buy an oven thermometer, but it would be more convenient if I could do it in boiling water in mason jars on the wood stove. Seems about the right temp. I made a batch already- haven't quite finished it yet- but for this one I had it in water for over 8 hours- not always on a full boil though. It seems to work on sore muscles and aches, amazingly. I'm still messing with it and refining the process. Any thoughts? :thanks:

Hey Weasel, top of the day to you!:ciao:

I accidentally decarbed in the mason jars in my last batch of butter, cos I forgot the flame on high for about 2 hours and by the time I remembered and went and turned the flame down the contents of the jar were already bubbling away happily. Now that I have perfected my mason jar method......I put a tablespoon of the hot butter on a piece of toast as soon as its extracted from the muslin and within an hour I know whether the butter is decarbed or not....

I don't use cannabis for topical purposes so can't comment on that side of things. Generally though if the contents of the mason jar are bubbling for over 6 hours the butter/oil is decarbed.

Have a great Sunday Weasel :Namaste:

Okay, so the Green Crack :yahoo::yummy::rollit: well it jumps straight into my strain leaderboard at number 1 - this is without any cure, can't wait to see where she goes after a decent cure.

Intense Papaya/Mango thing going on which lingers on the exhale...sticks to the palate...

Strong, happy, active, long lasting (4 hours, before it started a slow comedown, and I was only brave enough to try a third of a doob)

Really like it and will probably grow one in June when I start the Narnia girls.

The jars keep getting larger.....Green Crack top buds and bottom minus the freezer swag.

image19603.jpeg

Group shot - The Spring yield

image19604.jpeg

Doing a bit of travel between now and 18th June, and then will pop the seeds for Narnia when I return.

:Namaste::420:

Congrats on harvest & even better when a new strain gets onto the leader board. :clap: :Namaste:

Hey Bright! :ciao::thanks:

The high was a haha moment....it felt like the stuff I smoked in South America many moons ago...the Portela is not dissimilar, but it's definitely got a body element to it; this high was all head right to the end, no comedown it just sort of tapered off.... Portela on steroids. Also Portela is harsh on the throat this was sooooo smooth.

Does one keep growing new strains and risk disappointment, or should I stay with the strains I know I like and perfect growing those...?:dreamy::dreamy::hmmmm:

Also re super pollen, I have not found even one seed yet on either the CPK or the GC......:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom