GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Hey ga...or anyone here...I tracked a package from cks. Made it all the way here to a post office, but then alerted..undeliverable as addressed. Should I try & contact usps, & file for re delivery? They ask for phone # & last name...which name is already on the package I guess. Paranoid about trying to retrieve it, & also for it floating around post office with my name on it.

Hmmmm. I would request re-delivery but yea. That sounds kind of sketchy

Good Afternoon 420 Family,

Time for a full garden update. Everything is going pretty well, but there are a few things that raise an eyebrow. I will discuss in detail as this post goes along. Will be a longer one so my apologies in advance.

GDP on this sunny day after 2 days of continuous rain. Looking pretty good but I fear she is going back into veg too soon, The buds are starting to stretch and look airy. might have to harvest what I can before I expected before she really goes into re-veg.
IMG_104634.JPG
IMG_104945.JPG
IMG_104844.JPG
IMG_1061.PNG
IMG_10621.PNG

The GDP x Blue Dragon seeds seem to be coming along well
IMG_1060.PNG

A couple looked like they were popping out and brown, so I took one with a pair of tweezers to check their ripeness
IMG_1063.PNG
IMG_1064.PNG

BEHOLD! The first GDP x Blue Dragon F1 seed. I will let it dry out for a couple of days and go ahead and see if it sprouts! I also found a few nanners on a couple lower buds but I'm actually pretty happy about that! I didn't want to lose these genetics and now I have free GDP Fem seeds...or will in a couple of weeks.
IMG_1052.PNG

The Strain (TS1) is impressing me more and more as the days go on. Loving this plant. Looks like she's starting to pack on some weight too! Still have the pot facing backwards.
IMG_106640.JPG
IMG_1055.PNG

The Strain x Blue Dragon seeds also coming along nicely. Taking longer than the others, but I'm ok with that. I have time.
IMG_1056.PNG

"Its Purple" enjoying some fun in the sun
IMG_105739.JPG

I also realized I never updated you all on my clone situation. One of the GDP clones finally showed roots about 2.5 weeks ago and I put it in a pot about a week later. about a week and a half since transplant. It was still flowering for a while, but its finally going back into veg.
IMG_105836.JPG

One of "The Strain's" clones showed roots about 3 weeks ago and I somehow knocked them off smh. Started showing roots again about a week or so ago and I put it in some dirt before I damaged them again. hasn't started real growth again yet so no picture for now. Hope you enjoyed all that lol Grow on!

Good Afternoon 420 Family,

Time for a full garden update. Everything is going pretty well, but there are a few things that raise an eyebrow. I will discuss in detail as this post goes along. Will be a longer one so my apologies in advance.

GDP on this sunny day after 2 days of continuous rain. Looking pretty good but I fear she is going back into veg too soon, The buds are starting to stretch and look airy. might have to harvest what I can before I expected before she really goes into re-veg.
IMG_104634.JPG
IMG_104945.JPG
IMG_104844.JPG
IMG_1061.PNG

I don't see re-veg. What I see on the last photo is foxtail. Those are new pistils coming out various places on the buds. It might look like the buds are looking airy, but I believe they are adding a layer of new growth. I suspect the buds are putting on about 1gram per day right now. If you harvest now you will be throwing away 1/2 oz or more of bud.

How are the trichomes? Mostly cloudy?

I don't see re-veg. What I see on the last photo is foxtail. Those are new pistils coming out various places on the buds. It might look like the buds are looking airy, but I believe they are adding a layer of new growth. I suspect the buds are putting on about 1gram per day right now. If you harvest now you will be throwing away 1/2 oz or more of bud.

How are the trichomes? Mostly cloudy?

Mostly clear with a good bit cloudy. You may be right Rad, I'm probably just being a worry wart. Those round leaves which are probably just sugar leaves were throwing me off a bit it I'll grab some more faith and patience. I think I really just needed someone to talk me down. Thank for taking on the job!

Hello everyone,

Here with a smaller update. I decided to make the first actual day of flowering March 25th, 3 days after they were transplanted into their final homes and set outside permanently. With that being said, both The Strain and GDP are at Day 46 of flowering. I was still a little worried about bud production because GDP was doing some interesting things so I decided to be in the safe side and check the trichomes today.

The Strain - Shots from top and main colas. Pretty much all cloudy with no signs of amber yet. Happy. Seem to be right on track. Though my strain has some strong sativa characteristics, I'm not sure how long I should let her go. Will go at least 60 days. Some of the larger leaves yellowing.
IMG_108140.JPG

IMG_1082.PNG
IMG_1083.PNG

GDP- Top and main colas. Research says it should go for around 60 days so it has exactly 2 weeks. Store I harvest her and send her back into veg. This is comforting, hoping the buds swell in these next weeks. The smell coming off her is ridiculous and she's SOOOO frosty. Also, unlike TS1, none of her leaves are losing color! She's as healthy as can be. I also think the chamomile and basil have had positive effects so I will continue this practice.
IMG_107947.JPG
IMG_1084.PNG
IMG_10861.PNG

I also found this sparrow egg inside of the cage. Don't know how it got there but welcome to the world and my back yard baby sparrow!
IMG_107841.JPG

Grow on!

I wouldn't say that but I'm giving it my all! Can't wait to see how the re-veg and 2nd flowering goes! Fingers crossed. Can't wait to see your next grow! How's the veggie/ fruit garden growing brother?!

I got photos to put up today just got to head off to uni for a couple hours first.

Cheers

Good Evening Everyone,

Hope all is going well for you all. Quick update on the flowering ladies. Day 50(ish) of flowering for both of them. Lets get right into it!

The Strain - Coming along very nicely! I planned to chop her on day 60 but it looks like she might go a little longer than that. The buds are nice and solid and developing well, even inside the canopy which is impressive as I haven't really done any defoliating since about 2 weeks before she went into flower. a good number of fan leaves are yellowing which tells me she's trying to get all of those sugars to swell up in the next week or 2. Extremely fruity smell that makes me think of oranges and cream. we haven't gotten any substantial rain since last weekend so she was pretty dry today. Will see how long I can push her, hopefully she'll throw out some more resin.
Front
IMG_110945.JPG

Back
IMG_110555.JPG

IMG_110753.JPG
IMG_1108.PNG

All cloudy with still no sign of amber and still putting out new pistils daily!

GDP - The plant itself, picture of health. Still no leaves losing color. The buds however, barely putting out any new pistils and a good number of the calyx look swollen. The seed pots and the buds without seed appear to have basically the same size calyx so not sure how much more they're going to swell but ill wait a little longer. Might wait until day 60...might chop between 54-56. Only time will tell.
IMG_111134.JPG
IMG_111244.JPG

Also all cloudy with no sign of clear or amber.
IMG_11141.PNG

Also, today marks 29 days since pollination. The seed I harvested last week unfortunately wasn't viable. today I checked and both plants' seeds appeared mature! I harvested a couple from each. Just curious, is anyone familiar with a Strain that's a cross of GDP x Blue Dragon? Cant wait to see what I get from these.
IMG_1110.PNG
IMG_111540.JPG

I threw one of each into a cup with purified water, hydrogen peroxide and some Super Thrive. Couldn't help myself lol. Didn't feel a picture was necessary, but I will update WHEN they sprout. Thinking positive lol.

Grow on!

So...no new pistils on GDP. this morning accept a couple. Can count them with both hands. Going to harvest the top half of the plant today for sure...maybe a little more. Will leave those lower branches that are creating GDP.fem seeds a few more weeks to ensure they ripen. Time to get her re-vegging for harvest #2!

Do it. Lol. I meant the plant from germ to harvestable looking was very quick seems like yesterday!

I agree! 51 days is very fast lol but I might have "picked" the wrong first day of flowering considering she was already mature enough and popping out pistils

Good Evening Everyone,

Been just over a week since my last update, but ive also been on a new project since then which has had me working 17+ hour days and I haven't had ANY time for my ladies. Especially no time with them while the sun has been out so its been quite the week. As I said, I harvested the GDP on day 51, they buds dried for about 4-5 days and now they are in jars. Will update with pictures probably Friday after this job is over and I actually have some time to do some work! Ill also be harvesting "The Strain" on Friday so no rest for this guy even after I wrap!
GDP Harvest 1
IMG_111847.JPG

I did however get a chance to take a peek at "The Strain" this morning before I left out. I should also mention that in her last week of ripening, its POURED rain every day here for the last 3-4 days and I'm getting a little concerned. I don't want any mold in my buds smh. Also, upon my quick peek this morning in the rain, I found this little guy taking shelter in my plant smh.
IMG_115941.JPG

I didn't even notice him at first. He was literally hidden amongst the buds, but once I found him, I picked him up and put him in a tree (Baby Thrasher, cant fly yet. Just hopped all over the place) but not before he took a giant crap in my plant!!! Most of it just got on the soil, but there are a few droppings on a few buds. Can someone help me out with a quick tutorial on bud-washing? Never done it before, never had to. I could do some research myself, but I honestly don't have the time right now so any help from my 420 fam would be GREATLY appreciated. Id rather not smoke bird doo.

Good Evening Everyone,

Been just over a week since my last update, but ive also been on a new project since then which has had me working 17+ hour days and I haven't had ANY time for my ladies. Especially no time with them while the sun has been out so its been quite the week. As I said, I harvested the GDP on day 51, they buds dried for about 4-5 days and now they are in jars. Will update with pictures probably Friday after this job is over and I actually have some time to do some work! Ill also be harvesting "The Strain" on Friday so no rest for this guy even after I wrap!
GDP Harvest 1
IMG_111847.JPG

I did however get a chance to take a peek at "The Strain" this morning before I left out. I should also mention that in her last week of ripening, its POURED rain every day here for the last 3-4 days and I'm getting a little concerned. I don't want any mold in my buds smh. Also, upon my quick peek this morning in the rain, I found this little guy taking shelter in my plant smh.
IMG_115941.JPG

I didn't even notice him at first. He was literally hidden amongst the buds, but once I found him, I picked him up and put him in a tree (Baby Thrasher, cant fly yet. Just hopped all over the place) but not before he took a giant crap in my plant!!! Most of it just got on the soil, but there are a few droppings on a few buds. Can someone help me out with a quick tutorial on bud-washing? Never done it before, never had to. I could do some research myself, but I honestly don't have the time right now so any help from my 420 fam would be GREATLY appreciated. Id rather not smoke bird doo.

Two birds in that photo!

Normal Bud washing

3x 5-gallon buckets full of room temperature water (tap water with chlorine is fine)

bucket #1 - When ready to wash add 1 cup baking soda, add 1/2 cup lemon juice or lime juice (out of a bottle is fine), stir - this is your wash bucket.

bucket #2 and bucket #3 are your rinse buckets.

Grab a few branches and swish them around for 20-30 seconds in each bucket: #1 (wash) , then #2 (rinse), then #3 (second rinse)
Drip dry then dry as normal. dry time is usually 1-2 days quicker than unwashed buds. Taste is usually sweeter when vaped.

If you are coordinated, you can do a bunch in each hand to wash twice as fast. 2 people can wash and hang even faster.

P.S. only wash fresh harvest weed, after drying, the trichomes will break off. Very cold water can also cause trichomes to break off.
In the only before and after potency test, washed bud was 0.5% higher in THC.

We've had 4 days of rain too. Almost like flushing the plants. Should I add more nutrients now or let it dry out a bit? My og kush is in flower, the other 2 in veg.

Back
Top Bottom