MotaFina - 15 Year Old White Widow x Skunk Seeds - Indoor Soil - HID

Does the THC production progress the same in a pollinated plant as it does in sin semilla? I would think they put all their energy into the seeds now. I'm not sure I want to pay for another month of electricity for seed production.

I'd be really hesitant to use these seeds due to the hermie trait. I'd hate for this to happen again.

Does the THC production progress the same in a pollinated plant as it does in sin semilla? I would think they put all their energy into the seeds now. I'm not sure I want to pay for another month of electricity for seed production.

I'd be really hesitant to use these seeds due to the hermie trait. I'd hate for this to happen again.

Definetely chop chop!

Hey MF, I may be understanding something...

I read that excessive P-K will make soil and root system alkaline (as well as block other nutrients). Before using "Bloom" nutes, my runoff water was always great. I was surprised recently when it went at 7.0-7.5 (from a watering mix that is like 4 ?!)

Again this morning (watering Blue), it was at 7-7.5

Fortunately, for the last waterings, I'm using reduced (NONE on the last one) doses of Bloom fert. I think I'll continue that until I see runoff water go back to more normal (P-K used-up?)

The EJ faq recommending a double feed of Grow and reduced feed of Bloom (or alternating with Grow only feeds) point in that direction too.

Sooooo... My question to you : When you started giving Bloom, did you feed 100% recommended dosage immediately ?
I did. I don't know why, because all-along in Veg I fed 75% dosage of Grow and plants were happy that way. I guess I feared under-fertilizing the flowering plants by going immediately to 100% Bloom dosage. I think they would have prefered a transition Grow/Bloom and less Bloom overall.

Wanted to ask... are u in Canada or US or else ?

Hey MF, I may be understanding something...

I read that excessive P-K will make soil and root system alkaline (as well as block other nutrients). Before using "Bloom" nutes, my runoff water was always great. I was surprised recently when it went at 7.0-7.5 (from a watering mix that is like 4 ?!)

Again this morning (watering Blue), it was at 7-7.5

Fortunately, for the last waterings, I'm using reduced (NONE on the last one) doses of Bloom fert. I think I'll continue that until I see runoff water go back to more normal (P-K used-up?)

The EJ faq recommending a double feed of Grow and reduced feed of Bloom (or alternating with Grow only feeds) point in that direction too.

Sooooo... My question to you : When you started giving Bloom, did you feed 100% recommended dosage immediately ?
I did. I don't know why, because all-along in Veg I fed 75% dosage of Grow and plants were happy that way. I guess I feared under-fertilizing the flowering plants by going immediately to 100% Bloom dosage. I think they would have prefered a transition Grow/Bloom and less Bloom overall.

Wanted to ask... are u in Canada or US or else ?

Hey Blue...I'm in the US...Vermont to be specific.

I went to the bloom feeding schedule at day 16 of flower, using the Advanced feeding chart, and feeding at 100% of what's in that chart. I already had yellowing problems by then....my spreadsheet shows the yellow leaves appearing by day 9 of flower.

Hey Blue...I'm in the US...Vermont to be specific.

I went to the bloom feeding schedule at day 16 of flower, using the Advanced feeding chart, and feeding at 100% of what's in that chart. I already had yellowing problems by then....my spreadsheet shows the yellow leaves appearing by day 9 of flower.

Thanks MF.

I presume you were feeding 100% grow also when in Veg.
I started Bloom nutes after 2 weeks and yellowing started after a couple of waterings.

I really like Vermont. Went quite a few times (Burlington area mainly). I'm in Quebec Canada. French speaking. You probably noticed my english was a little bit awkward sometimes ;-)

So, looking back, I think the severity of yellowing in my plants was most likely a result of the pollination. All energy is going into the seeds.

I've got some seeds soaking. I'm going to try the old White Widow/Skunk cross again, and will NOT try those bagseeds again. The WW/S seeds are very old - 15 years or so. I'm soaking 15 of them in the hopes of getting maybe 5 or 6 to germinate.

So, looking back, I think the severity of yellowing in my plants was most likely a result of the pollination. All energy is going into the seeds.

I've got some seeds soaking. I'm going to try the old White Widow/Skunk cross again, and will NOT try those bagseeds again. The WW/S seeds are very old - 15 years or so. I'm soaking 15 of them in the hopes of getting maybe 5 or 6 to germinate.

Did'nt you plan on growing only 2 plants at a time if I remember correctly ? If you germinate 5-6... will you choose like the 2 strongest ?

Did'nt you plan on growing only 2 plants at a time if I remember correctly ? If you germinate 5-6... will you choose like the 2 strongest ?

Plans change! lol... But seriously, these are regular seeds, so if I get 6 to germinate and 50% are male, that leaves me 3.

I'm actually allowed to have up to 7 plants in veg, but only 2 in flower. I prefer to have some wiggle room during veg and sexing, and then take the 2 strongest plants into flower.

Plans change! lol... But seriously, these are regular seeds, so if I get 6 to germinate and 50% are male, that leaves me 3.

I'm actually allowed to have up to 7 plants in veg, but only 2 in flower. I prefer to have some wiggle room during veg and sexing, and then take the 2 strongest plants into flower.

Regular seeds are too much trouble for me. I ordered 4 seeds (I split the bill with a friend 50/50 in exange of some buds if I succeded). It cost us 70$ with shipping and taxes. I germinated 2 and I have 2 Euphoria seeds left. Genetics were great, no worries, no males, 100% germination rate, etc. I would'nt do it any other way. It takes soooo long and takes so much energy and resources, feminized seeds and strong genetics are a good way to have a successful, efficient and worry free grow.

Regular seeds are too much trouble for me. I ordered 4 seeds (I split the bill with a friend 50/50 in exange of some buds if I succeded). It cost us 70$ with shipping and taxes. I germinated 2 and I have 2 Euphoria seeds left. Genetics were great, no worries, no males, 100% germination rate, etc. I would'nt do it any other way. It takes soooo long and takes so much energy and resources, feminized seeds and strong genetics are a good way to have a successful, efficient and worry free grow.

Yeah, regular seeds and unknown genetics are a pain. The unknown genetics part sure cost me this time. The white widow seeds should be good genetics though and should be excellent smoke. At some point I'll try ordering some seeds, or they may become available when Vermont legalizes recreational. I heard they are available in Maine, so if I'm ever out there, I'll get some. The Burlington dispensary also sells clones, so I might try that too (exepensive though = $25 per clone)

Yeah, regular seeds and unknown genetics are a pain. The unknown genetics part sure cost me this time. The white widow seeds should be good genetics though and should be excellent smoke. At some point I'll try ordering some seeds, or they may become available when Vermont legalizes recreational. I heard they are available in Maine, so if I'm ever out there, I'll get some. The Burlington dispensary also sells clones, so I might try that too (expensive though = $25 per clone)

I ordered seed from across Canada (true north seed bank), without any "secure" option. It went thru in a few days without any problems.
They charge CA30$ for a USA shipment (23.50$ USD). It's better if ordering many seeds because shipping is quite high. Or doing like me and sharing expenses/risks with a friend is great too.

Are you uncomfortable ordering seeds online ?

A clone for 25$ is not so bad considering a seed is over 15$ + shipping etc. And if you take other clones from that clone... in the long run it's not much.

Are you uncomfortable ordering seeds online ?

Yes, I'd rather avoid that risk if possible. It seems a lot of folks on here have no problems with it and the upside is the huge selection of strains, including feminized and auto strains. So, at some point, I'll probably do it.

A clone for 25$ is not so bad considering a seed is over 15$ + shipping etc. And if you take other clones from that clone... in the long run it's not much.

I'll probably get a clone to grow alongside this batch, just to have something new and different to try. I'm not setup for doing a perpetual grow, so probably won't be doing any cloning myself. The last grow I did back in 2003 and 2004 was perpetual and worked out great! I had a great mother plant that I could take up to 15 clones from for the next batch. That is the way to go if you have the space and time.

Yes, I'd rather avoid that risk if possible. It seems a lot of folks on here have no problems with it and the upside is the huge selection of strains, including feminized and auto strains. So, at some point, I'll probably do it.

I'll probably get a clone to grow alongside this batch, just to have something new and different to try. I'm not setup for doing a perpetual grow, so probably won't be doing any cloning myself. The last grow I did back in 2003 and 2004 was perpetual and worked out great! I had a great mother plant that I could take up to 15 clones from for the next batch. That is the way to go if you have the space and time.

Monster-cropping (taking clones in flowering) might be a good way to do perpetual with only one grow room. I may to try, sacrificing the less interesting branches in the last 2 weeks of flowering and try to clone _ re-veg them. I tried cloning Blue when she was 2 weeks into flowering, but it didn't root, but it was a very small shoot with a tiny bud on top (I gave her away so maybe the new owner will make her root). They say they are harder to root and you have to try several. Monster cropping gives great results when it works ;-)

An Idea ! With one of your actual plants, you could PRACTICE cloning and re-vegging, just to see if you are able to !

If it works for you, then it could become a way for perpetual in the future.

If I can, I will try with blueberry since I don't have any more seeds like her.

Day 104 - day 41 of flower:

My pregnant girls today:

AlmostThere.JPG

I'm tossed up again between cutting now and waiting for the trichomes to start showing some amber. They actually might already be showing amber. I'm having a really hard time using my hand-held 30X microscope to look at them.

There doesn't seem to be much going on, but they must be bulking up somewhat and maturing the seeds and trichomes. I harvested a small branch off each plant to get a sample. Those should be ready to try in another day or two. There doesn't seem to be a TON of seeds, just one or two in each bud.

Back
Top Bottom