GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Good evening everyone! Slight update. Took these pics earlier today. First day in about a week without rain but it was still overcast. Both ladies are doing wonderful. Topped and LST'd both. Added some Great White Mycorrhizae before the rain about 3 days ago.

The Strain
IMG_128740.JPG

"It's Purple" has been moved to a wooden barrel and has really taken off!
IMG_128646.JPG

Enjoyed a Thai stick or...1/3 of one with my lady today. Packs a punch and we were knocked out for HOURS
IMG_128936.JPG

IMG_129044.JPG

Also, make sure you check out my new journal, "The Birth of Grand Purple Dragon"
The Birth Of Grand Purple Dragon - Starring Grandaddy Purple & Blue Dragon

Good Evening Everyone!

Hope all is growing well with you all. Going pretty good here. i was able to run out today and snap a few pics between thunder storms...which we've had daily since my last post except one day but i was working all day and not able to take pics. Anyway, here we are!!!

The Strain - Doing very well even with all of this excess rain and a LST mishap. Spreading out nicely and still putting out flowers but not to the point where i believe shes "flowering". Just sexually mature and flourishing in her new home.
IMG_131238.JPG
IMG_131434.JPG
IMG_131335.JPG

"It's Purple" - Also flourishing in her new home. Fully recovered from her LST after i transferred her. Also received a lot of water but i believe she'll be ok as well. Hasn't shown any signs of stress or over-watering yet so carry on! Also still putting out pistils but not "Flowering". Can't wait to see how this lady turns out.
IMG_131638.JPG
IMG_131742.JPG
IMG_131839.JPG

The Twins (The Strain Females) - Transferred them to a 7 gallon pot a few days ago and they seem to be loving it. color coming back and their growth has picked back up. Still growing evenly!
IMG_131537.JPG

Grand Purple Dragon F1 - #2 will now be referred to as #1 (#1 died today)....SO, #1 is doing pretty well even with all the rain! I know i probably should put it in the covered greenhouse, but i want it to get used to the elements early. Its a bit stretchy, but that common with GDP so im not worried too much about that yet. I also started a few more seeds as backups and just to grow out a few too see the different phenotypes and variations. However, one lucky lady will go in the 20 gallon fabric pot once its sexed. Fun times ahead!
IMG_131940.JPG
IMG_132047.JPG
IMG_132141.JPG
IMG_132234.JPG

The Birth Of Grand Purple Dragon - Starring Grandaddy Purple & Blue Dragon

UPDATE - 2 Days After Watering

The young ladies are responding well! Didn't use and un-sulfured black strap molasses. Good growth considering the current conditions. I can't wait to move them out into the garden when it warms up!

The Strain #1 - Looking very happy! Impressed with how it's doing. Already developing small trichomes on the fan leaves. This is "The Strain" mentioned in the above post.
efd95a96e63c25f9e9dda2b1a4f4a5c3.jpg

The Strain #2 - was looking good! It had bounced back nicely as well. Trying some training with this one. Going to top it a few more times. Seeing what it can do/ handle. Going to let the lower nodes grow out and clone them.
a89bed7d792047d3e413485d9564ba44.jpg

4d4fc0813825a796a09aeef3c0fed830.jpg

Bordello - Loving this lady. Also developing trichomes on the fan leaves and putting out a strong smell. Trying to figure out how and if I'm going to train her.
9921645792ae73f4277c210d25474eb4.jpg

GDP - so, I actually knocked her over and half the dirt moving them today smh but she looks good after sitting in a sunny window for a couple hours! Need this stretching to slow down a bit though.
18118527e31531234f2492b71f97f09f.jpg

Bordello #2 - Just sprouted this morning! I decided to go ahead and sprout another one of these just to see how it does in Roots Organics from the start, and without the struggle period. Fingers crossed!
bdd205b283e3bb292645b615b1baa4b9.jpg

Group Shot with "The Strain #2" before topping
f8b7fe9d10c748305f75ed4b32e49af9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Got lots to read up on. Be back soon ..

I hear ya on the rain. Getting soaked as I type this- hope we can get some sunny days soon.

You in Ontario growing outdoors?

Good Afternoon 420 Family!

During last nights rain shower, I decided to go out and do a little work on "Its Purple" and The Strain (in ground). They were both getting pretty tall and they are both already confirmed females that have yet to stretch...so I want to keep them on the shorter side for now in hopes that they don't eventually overgrow my fence. I do currently have some 8-9 ft. tomato plants and 13-14 ft. sunflowers but they don't draw as much attention. I decided to go out and bend all of the longer branches and FIM all of the current "main stems" to encourage them to bush out more and create even more tops! Following that, I went out this morning at sunrise and sprayed them both with Foliar Feed of Aloe, coconut water and Super Thrive. Also just ordered some DE for these little creepy crawlies.
The Strain
IMG_132742.JPG
IMG_132640.JPG

Its Purple
IMG_132434.JPG
IMG_132533.JPG

These photos just taken now that the sun is fully out
IMG_132941.JPG
IMG_133240.JPG

Hey Everybody,

Just popping in with a quick update on how everything is growing over here. Being that the temperatures outside or still so low, I have the little ladies vegging in my box under some CFLs 24/7. Nothing fancy right now as they'll eventually be going outdoors around March. I figure it just gives me time to REALLY try and training. I'll also be switching them to 1g pots soon with Roots Organcis soil. I swear it's magic in a bag.

"The Strain #1"
420-magazine-mobile56850498.jpg

Bordello
420-magazine-mobile1509872940.jpg

"The Strain #2" - Broke soil yesterday, so welcome to the family!
420-magazine-mobile1315017007.jpg

Unfortunately, the 2nd Bordello seed didn't germinate, so I'm about to put one of the GDP seeds in some purified water and hope it sprouts! Once again, antsy in my pantsies and cant wait. Atleast I have 2 more beans if something were to happen to this one but hey...positive vibes, right! .

Can roots organic soil be purchased in Canada?

Re: GaBoys' 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Good afternoon everyone. A cold, rainy one in my parts. Here are the picture updates as promised. The girls are bouncing back nicely in their new pots with the Roots Organics.

The Strain #1
420-magazine-mobile495287920.jpg

The Strain #2
420-magazine-mobile913891513.jpg

Bordello - the best looking of the bunch. I believe showing indica dominance so I'm happy and hopeful about that!
420-magazine-mobile161194269.jpg

Before the transplant
420-magazine-mobile1491821546.jpg

420-magazine-mobile428258730.jpg

The new GDP Swedish in the Roots Organics in a pint pot. Will updated hopefully when she sprouts

Sorry how were you able to tell if more indica dominate?

UPDATE!!!! The Grandaddy Purple seed has sprouted!!! If it isn't obvious, this is one of the plants I am most excited about lol always been a favorite strain of mine and I can't wait to sample my own home grown version of this classic. Hoping for all the deep purple colors and all .. In the box with the others she goes
420-magazine-mobile724660565.jpg

420-magazine-mobile302266791.jpg

Nice so when would you count veg week 1 from?

2.) I love grand daddy purple . Hope to see some fun colours later in journal..

UPDATE:

Still haven't watered. It's is however a beautiful day here. High 60s', low 70s' with a pretty good UV index so I let them hang outside. A few hours of sun and they look great! GDP is coming along nicely.
1086740fbbbdfac1d4d2f01f0f66be76.jpg

297e96a37eb4765a0cdde88caa7b054a.jpg

Still trying to figure out what's going on with "The Strain #2". Might add some molasses next time I water it which will probably be tomorrow. This has been a full 7 days since the plants in the 1/2 gallon pots got water. Impressive.

Maybe just s bad seed is there such s thing lol

Maybe just s bad seed is there such s thing lol

Good afternoon Joe! Hope I can be of some help here.
1. I'm pretty sure I've seen another user in Canada with Roots Organics soil but I'm not totally sure.
2. You can tell if a plant is indica or sativa dominant after the first or second set of "true leaves" appear. Wide overlapping blades are indices. Thin blades that don't touch are sativa. For everything in between, you have to use your better judgement on the dominance.
3. I personally don't count veg days as I grow outdoor and it really doesn't matter for me, but veg day 1 is usually the first day they break soil.

Hope that was if use! Good luck on your grow, I'm watching as well!

Good afternoon Joe! Hope I can be of some help here.
1. I'm pretty sure I've seen another user in Canada with Roots Organics soil but I'm not totally sure.
2. You can tell if a plant is indica or sativa dominant after the first or second set of "true leaves" appear. Wide overlapping blades are indices. Thin blades that don't touch are sativa. For everything in between, you have to use your better judgement on the dominance.
3. I personally don't count veg days as I grow outdoor and it really doesn't matter for me, but veg day 1 is usually the first day they break soil.

Hope that was if use! Good luck on your grow, I'm watching as well!

Thank you for your time my good sir have more questions later lol

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just here with a quick update. My lovely fiancee' took some beautiful pictures this morning of the two main ladies in the summer grow and i wanted to share them, so here they are!

The Strain - Even though its rained at some point every day since the last post, she is doing quite well! All branches seem to have recovered from the bending last week and the side branches are also starting to take off and bush out! Shes getting pretty tall..going to have to keep an eye on that as it comes closer to flowering time and that's still a good bit away. Also, after opening up the top, shes getting much more main tops! Look out Sneaky, i think i might have a monster in the making on my hands! Will get more detailed pictures later.
IMG_134545.JPG

It's Purple - She got a great shot of this plant i feel! you can finally see the manifold im building on top. The side branches are also starting to take off so I've turned 2 main tops into about 10! The lower side branches have all also recovered from the bending and FIMing and are looking really good! I also planted some basil and chamomile seeds around the inside edge of the barrel as companion plants and with all this rain, i can see them sprouting! off to a great start i feel.
IMG_134641.JPG

Will do another post with a full update later. Hope you are all having success with your grows as well!

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just here with a quick update. My lovely fiancee' took some beautiful pictures this morning of the two main ladies in the summer grow and i wanted to share them, so here they are!

The Strain - Even though its rained at some point every day since the last post, she is doing quite well! All branches seem to have recovered from the bending last week and the side branches are also starting to take off and bush out! Shes getting pretty tall..going to have to keep an eye on that as it comes closer to flowering time and that's still a good bit away. Also, after opening up the top, shes getting much more main tops! Look out Sneaky, i think i might have a monster in the making on my hands! Will get more detailed pictures later.
IMG_134545.JPG

It's Purple - She got a great shot of this plant i feel! you can finally see the manifold im building on top. The side branches are also starting to take off so I've turned 2 main tops into about 10! The lower side branches have all also recovered from the bending and FIMing and are looking really good! I also planted some basil and chamomile seeds around the inside edge of the barrel as companion plants and with all this rain, i can see them sprouting! off to a great start i feel.
IMG_134641.JPG

Will do another post with a full update later. Hope you are all having success with your grows as well!

Good job and fiancé ...

Back
Top Bottom