MotaFina - 15 Year Old White Widow x Skunk Seeds - Indoor Soil - HID

Anything new MF ? Have the problems stopped ?

It might be my imagination but they seem to have a little better color and dropped fewer leaves. I'll be giving a full watering later today and will try to post pics.

Day 86 - Day 23 of flower

Here's some pics:

Oregon Bagseed 3:

OBS3_7_3.JPG

OBS 3 Bud:

OBS3Bud_7_3.JPG

OBS 6 (kitty for scale):

OBS6_7_3.JPG

OBS 6 Bud:

OBS6Bud_7_3.JPG

White Widow/Skunk Hybrid:

JWWS2_7_3.JPG

OBS 5 in the tent:

OBS5_7_3.JPG

How is it going since 5 days ?

Anything new Mota?

Thanks guys for keeping the interest. I've been a little too busy to post, but I just took some photos.

I'm just past 4-weeks in flowering now. I'm still dealing with yellowing leaves, but it's been up and down. The one plant that got transplanted to 7-gal pot now seems to be turning the corner and getting more green, and at the same time is progressing the fastest towards harvest. It's got smaller buds, but nice calyxes are starting to bulk out the buds, and lots of trichomes.

The buds on OBS3 are getting huge...I might have to get something to support them so the branches don't break.

Here's photos - This is the tent with just 3 of the plants in it - I took OBS3 out to take pictures:

P1100727.JPG

OBS3 Buds:

P1100726.JPG

P1100725.JPG

P1100734.JPG

closeupbud.jpg

Some other bud shots:

P1100728.JPG

P1100729.JPG

Calyxes.jpg

I'm guessing these are not going to need a full 8 weeks, but not sure. We'll see how they go.

Hey MF !

Yeah, indeed huge buds ! They only have 1 more week of bloom than mine, and mine are smallish in comparison ;-)

Maybe your plants "precipitated" more into flowering, and maybe your flowering period will be shorter ? The buds seem to have many brown pistils...

The 7 gallon pot... I think it says 3 things :
- Being in a larger pot made it more healthy overall vegetatively ?
- Being re-potted that late had marginal benefits and some consequences. Premature and shortened flowering period ?
- Had it been re-potted 2 weeks earlier (or just before flipping), maybe it would have been the healthiest plant of the lot ?

At the end of the day, it seems you'll have a good harvest.

Hey MF !

Yeah, indeed huge buds ! They only have 1 more week of bloom than mine, and mine are smallish in comparison ;-)

Maybe your plants "precipitated" more into flowering, and maybe your flowering period will be shorter ? The buds seem to have many brown pistils...

The 7 gallon pot... I think it says 3 things :
- Being in a larger pot made it more healthy overall vegetatively ?
- Being re-potted that late had marginal benefits and some consequences. Premature and shortened flowering period ?
- Had it been re-potted 2 weeks earlier (or just before flipping), maybe it would have been the healthiest plant of the lot ?

At the end of the day, it seems you'll have a good harvest.

That could be what happened...they just went straight into putting all their energy into producing buds, at the detriment of the lower fan leaves...?? I don't know, but so far, so good.

The 7-gal pot is probably the way to go. The transplant, although late, increased the amount of soil by more than double and I added in a lot of fresh EWC, dolomite lime, epsom, etc. I think the roots are now getting down into that new soil and being able to buffer the myriad of pH's I've been throwing at the poor things. I think my next grow will be 2 plants only (to stay legal) and into 7-gal pots for flowering.

It's looking good for yield...we'll see about potency. The hardest part now is the wait! Then the next hurdle will be the drying and cure.

Day 96 - Day 33 Flower:

Things are NOT looking good here. Here's pics from today - taken just after lights out so it would actually show the degree of yellowing:

7_13_17_2.JPG

7_13_17_8.JPG

7_13_17_7.JPG

7_13_17_6.JPG

7_13_17_5.JPG

7_13_17_4.JPG

7_13_17_3.JPG

7_13_17_1.JPG

The plants are dying. They've almost stopped growing, don't seem to be adding many trichomes, and are yellowing all the way to the buds. Plus the leaves in the buds are getting brown tips.

I'm pretty frustrated. I still have no idea what the problem is. I think it has to be nutrient overdose or lockout, but could be overwatering, underwatering, improper pH, too much light, too much heat, humidity. I'm not sure.

My plan of action is to do a MAJOR flush tomorrow. I'll have to use tap water since it'll take 45 gallons of water to do it properly. My tap water is chlorinated and has pH of 7.5 or so. I think I'll flush the heck out of them, then let them drain for a bit, then finish them off with some pH'd RO water.

Any theories or advice would be much appreciated. I have a product called Fox Farm Bushdoctor Sledgehammer, which is supposed to scrub the soil of nutrients or something. Anyone tried that? I might hit them with that before the flush or as part of the flush.

If the plants do die, what can I do with them? Will they be any good for smoking?

Shit man, I'm so sad for you.

Don't know what to say; I don't have any real grow experience... and I may go thru the same thing without understanding how to react.

If my plants don't get better fast, I think I'll switch to any f±@£¢ chem fertilizer and screw Earthjuice Bloom.

MF, you flushed once, and the plants got worse. I think with organic soil, flushing is just killing the soil.
And it's supposed to be hard to over-feed nutes with organics so...

Does the one in the 7gal pot look like she want to stay well till harvest ?

Just an idea... With organic soil you feed the soil. With chems you feed the roots. If plants are unhappy in their 3 gal post and organice nutes, maybe feed them chem nutes and they will use it better ?

Did you see on the EJ website ?

45. During the vegetative period I was using 1 Tbsp of Earth Juice Grow + ½ tsp of Catalyst and the plant’s leaves were green. During flowering I’m feeding at Earth Juice Grow ½ Tbsp + Earth Juice Bloom 1 Tbsp + Catalyst ½ tsp and now seeing yellowing of the lower leaves?

For large aggressive plants in proper high lighting levels or full sunlight, try increasing the Earth Juice Grow to 1 Tbsp and decrease the Earth Juice Bloom to ½ Tbsp per gallon of water. Another option: Every other or every third feeding only use Earth Juice Grow at 1.5-2 Tbsp per gallon of water. To improve both greening and flowering, include Earth Juice Microblast.

How old are they Mota

Hi Penny...today the plants are 97 days from seed, 34 days in flower.

MF, you flushed once, and the plants got worse. I think with organic soil, flushing is just killing the soil.
And it's supposed to be hard to over-feed nutes with organics so...

Does the one in the 7gal pot look like she want to stay well till harvest ?

Just an idea... With organic soil you feed the soil. With chems you feed the roots. If plants are unhappy in their 3 gal post and organice nutes, maybe feed them chem nutes and they will use it better ?

Yeah, the one in 7-gal is the only one that's not completely yellowed out. It has really slowed down growth though. I did read a quote from Jorge Cervantes that plants generally slow down a lot after the 4th week, so maybe I'm over-reacting.

Did you see on the EJ website ?

45. During the vegetative period I was using 1 Tbsp of Earth Juice Grow + ½ tsp of Catalyst and the plant's leaves were green. During flowering I'm feeding at Earth Juice Grow ½ Tbsp + Earth Juice Bloom 1 Tbsp + Catalyst ½ tsp and now seeing yellowing of the lower leaves?

For large aggressive plants in proper high lighting levels or full sunlight, try increasing the Earth Juice Grow to 1 Tbsp and decrease the Earth Juice Bloom to ½ Tbsp per gallon of water. Another option: Every other or every third feeding only use Earth Juice Grow at 1.5-2 Tbsp per gallon of water. To improve both greening and flowering, include Earth Juice Microblast.

What's freaking me out about EJ is the ultra low pH. I wish I had an actual meter so I could see just how low it is, because the testing kit pretty much bottoms out at 'red'. So, the dilemma is whether to try to pH UP or not. It takes a shit ton of pH up to get it up to 'orange'. And I think all that pH UP could be slow reacting...so my soil is going UP too much.

They really look under fed at this point

All of your and Blue's comments (thanks so much BTW) seem to steer me away from doing a flush and maybe towards increasing the feed. I'm hesitant to throw more EJ at them due to the low pH and the need for a ton of pH UP. Maybe I'll go get some other quality ferts to try. I've heard good things about Jack's and can get those locally. I have some "Nectar of the Gods", but it's another organic fert like EJ so not sure I want to pull that out. Other than that, I have fish emulsion and MG.

One of the recommendations on EJ' faq #45 is to do a watering of only Grow nutes every 1/2 or 1/3 waterings.

Since everything went well before with Grow nutes (without Bloom) it could be a good thing.

Not trying to defend EJ, I too could steer away very soon... But they say their nutes break down in soil ...

The initial pH of Earth Juice Original formulas will generally be on the mild acidic side. This is primarily due to the natural extracts, phyto-acids and protein (amino) acids contained in Earth Juice formulas. Earth Juice will self-adjust as it breaks down in the medium. In general terms: primarily by releasing naturally chelated Calcium along with Potassium and natural occurring beneficials. These various elements will aid in buffering the natural and beneficial phyto-acids (weak acids).

We (you and I) had no problems in Veg related to the low PH of EJ.
I fed reg nutes and runoff PH was good at 6.25 when I did not try to pH-up.
After adding PH up, we both experienced PH7+ in runoff water.

I don't think we should PHup the EJ nutes.

On my side, I think the Fungus gnats / root problems / mosquito dunks may also have messed with my PH. Not sure.

Just a suggestion :

At this stage, time and options are running out. I think if you have different ideas as how to solve the problems, you could apply/try different solutions to different plants, in the hope of finding the right fix and maybe save SOME of the plants. Watering every 2-4 days looses a lot of time.

ex :
- Put one on completely different nutes regime
- Feed one with a good dose of EJ Grow (with or without PH adjustment, with minimal or NO Bloom)
- Flush one if you REALLY think it's of any use.
- Etc.

they say their nutes break down in soil ...

Earth Juice will self-adjust as it breaks down in the medium.

I wonder if for some reason EJ is NOT breaking down in the soil, so the plants are just feeding off what's already in the soil and eventually running out.

I don't think we should PHup the EJ nutes.

Completely agree.

Back
Top Bottom