GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Good Evening Everyone,

Rad, cant thank you enough. Ill make sure and get everything first thing in the morning because I think I'm going to start taking her down tomorrow. One question, if I use smaller buckets (2.5 gallons) do i still use the same amount of baking soda and lemon juice or do i cut them in half? I also assume it would be best to set the buckets up so as i cut branches off the plant, I go ahead and wash and hang dry them? just making sure i have it down.

As i said, I will start harvesting "The Strain" tomorrow on day 62(ish). The buds have swollen a lot since i really got to look at them last and I'm quite impressed! A lot of them are hanging down, being supported by the pot.
Front
IMG_116743.JPG

Back
IMG_117138.JPG
IMG_116842.JPG
IMG_116938.JPG

Just found the first couple amber trichomes this afternoon! No clear, they were all cloudy for the longest!
IMG_1170.PNG

Looks and sounds like a great time to harvest.

Please reduce the baking soda and lemon when you reduce the water. Too much bakng soda and it won't disolve in the water - which could leave baking soda on your buds. It's not dangerous, (I'm sure I sniffed worse things back when cocaine was popular,) but who wants to smoke a little lump of baking soda.

- - - My exact one person washing routine - - -

When I wash (every time I harvest), I usually get the buckets full of water and line them up in a row with the last bucket near where I am hanging, or keep an empty clean bucket or mesh bag to put the washed buds in. I don't add the baking soda and lemon juice yet.

Then I remove the branches, trim off the fan leaves, and stack them.

Then put the baking soda into the water and agitate it so it disolves - then check to make sure I am not wearing my lapis lazuli ring -
add in the lemon juice and stir.

Take 3-4 branches in each hand so the buds are hanging below your grip.

Then dunk dunk dunk my lead hand in the wash water to the count of 30,
hold the buds above the water for 4-5 seconds to drip excess water,

then dunk dunk dunk my lead hand in the first rinse and my trailing hand full of buds in the wash water to the count of 30,

then dunk dunk dunk my lead hand in the second rinse and my trailing hand full of buds in the first rinse to the count of 30,

then hold my lead hand off to the side while I dunk dunk dunk my trailing hand in the second rinse to the count of 30,

then hang up the 2 handfuls of bud (or place them in a mesh bag to dry.)

Get two more handfuls of buds and ... repeat until all the bud is washed.

It's about as interesting as hand washing dishes, but it really seems to make the taste sparkle after everything dries :)

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I finally found time to harvest "The Strain #1" yesterday. It took a while but I got done what I wanted. Here she is right before chop
IMG_117837.JPG
IMG_117939.JPG

Right after...
IMG_118443.JPG
IMG_118531.JPG

Filled a legal box 3/4 of the way to the top
IMG_118638.JPG

Trimmed all of it up (this is only about half of it trimmed. I had to take a break lol)
IMG_118851.JPG

And then I washed all of the bud according to Radogasts' instructions in the previous post. I must say, for popping my budwashing Cherry, it was an interesting experience. Dunking fresh harvested goodness in 3 buckets of water! Savage, but I must say, after drying over night, they look amazing! Can't wait to see how they taste and smoke. Will take more pics later.

Good evening everyone

GDP. drying anc curing. Harvested her in 2 stages. Will have to get a good bug pic later but my fiancée and I have sampled her fully cured product and whoa. Very grape/ diesel scented with a heavy smoke. It puts my fiancée straight to sleep but makes me incredibly mellow yet functional. Very pleased. Also made over a dozen feminized seeds. Have some sprouting for round 2 now! Will update when they sprout.
420-magazine-mobile101393665.jpg

The Strain- fully dried and now curing. I do find the washed buds dry faster and I'm loving the look and smell of them! I'll be washing all of my outdoor crop from here on out...and I only grow outdoor. Big thanks to Radogast for giving me the keys! Can't wait to see how she smokes. Have a good amount! If anyone has ever been to "The Varsity" in Atlanta, I promise the buds smell EXACTLY like the orange cream shake.
420-magazine-mobile2138331018.jpg

Going to use the trim to make BHO oil for my mom. Going to head over to Sues' cannabis oil study page and learn all I need while it cures for the next 2 weeks .. I also pulled GDP. out of her giant hole and replaced her with a female "The Strain" for round 2! Summer crop, here I come! Trying to get a pound from this young lady organically and Nute free. Living soil, do your thing!
IMG_121839.JPG

Keep on Growing!

Finally got to enjoy a true off day and decided to roll up a couple of these guys .. Didn't weigh anything, I just built them to the size I wanted. They are both alternating strains of my GDP. and "The Strain". On to cure for about a week before I start harvesting leaves and adding the outer layer.
420-magazine-mobile382037496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1124592568.jpg

Finally got to enjoy a true off day and decided to roll up a couple of these guys .. Didn't weigh anything, I just built them to the size I wanted. They are both alternating strains of my GDP. and "The Strain". On to cure for about a week before I start harvesting leaves and adding the outer layer.
420-magazine-mobile382037496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1124592568.jpg

Looks like you had a lot of fun. The arts of macrame and basketweaving are still alive :)

So I start flushing 2 weeks before harvest, but how to know when that will be.
420-magazine-mobile890411992.jpg

You should be counting from first official day of flowering. Also, if it's in the ground outdoors, you can't really "flush". Nowhere for all the water to run out and "flush" the medium. Just give it clean, nute-free water about 56 days into flowering for indices, about 70 days in for more sativa dominant strains

Good Evening Everyone,

Full summer grow update time. Now that I have my smaller spring harvest behind me, its time to really muck things up a bit. GDP wasn't re-vegging so I decided to pull her and replace her with another "The Strain" I started from seed. Its already confirmed female. If you look closely you can see a few mushrooms growing by the base of the plant. The kind of things I like to see in my garden. She's adjusting nicely to her new home.
IMG_123550.JPG

"It's Purple" has also been confirmed female and has been put into a 10 gallon pot for now. I may move her into a 20 gallon half barrel somewhere down the line. Time will tell but quite happy with her as well!
IMG_123745.JPG

I also have "The Twins"...two The Strain plants confirmed female growing together in this 3 gallon pot. It happened by accident but I decided to leave them together just to see how they do.
IMG_123643.JPG

Another The Strain from seed and a clone. Both of these will be going to a family member in less than a week. Both female as well...
IMG_123839.JPG

And finally, allow me to introduce the "Grand Purple Dragon 4". These are from my crossing the GDP and Blue Dragon from earlier in this journal. I had tried to sprout a couple in a class of water a few weeks ago as soon as they seeds were harvested and they did nothing. A couple days ago I decided to try 4 more and put then straight into soil and all 4 have popped! HERE WE GROW!
IMG_124350.JPG

I cant wait to see how these grow. Again, since I haven't heard of this cross before, ive decided to call it "Grand Purple Dragon". Crossing my fingers for greatness and I have 4 chances. Gotta love F1s. I also took my trim from my spring harvest and made RSO. Got a good half a syringe for my mother to start her treatment and used the rest to continue to build my Thai Sticks.
IMG_123345.JPG
IMG_123449.JPG

Keep it growing everyone!

Congrats GaBoy. I could not wait to see your final produce. I have 5 ladies going as well (Thc Bomb) and thanks to your help and organic love for your garden, mine has turned out well. Keep it going bruh.

Im in, lets see what this GPD can do!

Welcome, and Same here! I was just taking some pics for an update. Trying to figure out if I should create a new journal for the new Strain or just keep it here. It will remain in this journal regardless.

Back
Top Bottom