MotaFina - 15 Year Old White Widow x Skunk Seeds - Indoor Soil - HID

In the 70's and 80's Colombian MJ was full of seeds, and we thought it had a fine potency.

It is said that a seeded bud affects potency, but it's not well documented (like many MJ topics) and they also say it depends on strain (some would be more potent with seeds some would lose potency), and depends on how many seeds the bud produces, etc.

I think your buds would be a fine smoke, and you say they don't seem to have a lot of seeds... So I'd say treat this as a normal harvest.

Also, since the resin (trichomes) is made by the plant to protect the bud and the seeds from outside menaces, it would make sense that the plant will make at least the same amount of that resin. Maybe the plant just uses more resources to make the seeds, so that may have an effect on yield...

I'm talking with no experience, evidently, so its just my humble logic.

In the 70's and 80's Colombian MJ was full of seeds, and we thought it had a fine potency.

One of my best memories is of smoking (seeded) Acapulco Gold one late afternoon and surfing at a beach in Southern California back in the 70's. An abolutely euphoric - almost psychedelic high. Yeah, I know seeded pot can be excellent - not saying mine will be - but sure hoping it will be!!

I'm talking with no experience, evidently, so its just my humble logic.

I like your logic!

Day 108 - Day 45 of Flower:

Some pics after watering today.

Oregon Bagseed 5 (OBS5) - This plant is big, and starting to get frosty:

OBS5_7_25.JPG

OBS3 - Smaller plant but with some nice sized buds:

OBS3_7_25.JPG

J's White Widow 2 - sorry for the blurry photo - I couldn't take a good photo if my life depended on it.

JWWS2_7_25.JPG

OBS 6 - This plant is just hanging in there - not doing much but definitely has a lot of hairs. Hoping she'll fill out some more.

OBS6_7_25.JPG

And now some buds - OBS 6:

OBS6_Bud_7_25.JPG

OBS3:

OBS3_bud2_7_25.JPG

OBS3_bud1_7_25.JPG

P1100761.JPG

JWWS2:

JWWS2_bud_7_25.JPG

It's hard to see in the photos, but I'm starting to see a lot of 'foxtailing' on all of the plants. I don't think that's anything to worry about, right?

Yeah, I'm envious of your big buds !

Vegging 2 months vs 1 month makes quite a difference on yield.

If I start a new grow, I'd wish to harvest during the xmas holidays... with an 8 week strain, I could start early September and Veg for close to 2 months. Plants would be bigger (maybe too big); 1.5 month may be my best choice (start on ~ Sept 12).

Yeah, I'm envious of your big buds !

Vegging 2 months vs 1 month makes quite a difference on yield.

If I start a new grow, I'd wish to harvest during the xmas holidays... with an 8 week strain, I could start early September and Veg for close to 2 months. Plants would be bigger (maybe too big); 1.5 month may be my best choice (start on ~ Sept 12).

These plants veg'ed for ~8 weeks. I went that long due to these being regular seeds. I wanted to see preflowers first so I could eliminate the males and transplant to bigger pots before flipping.

The seed pods are now disappearing into a carpet of foxtails and calyxes. I did see one new banana yesterday on OBS5, the same plant that had one before. So that's probably the confused one. It's showing a lot of brown hairs now, so if I see one more banana, he/she is a goner.

OBS5 is coming down. With all that brown hair, I figured I better inspect the trichomes and there's a ton of amber. Probably 70-80% amber.

Chop-chop !

Are you trimming wet or dry ?

Man... I need to figure out a way of seeing my trichomes up close... I can't tell with a magnifying glass.

Chop-chop !

Are you trimming wet or dry ?

I'm going to trim the larger fan leaves wet and those will go into the composter. Sugar leaves and popcorn buds I'll trim dry and I'll probably cook that into edibles.

Man... I need to figure out a way of seeing my trichomes up close... I can't tell with a magnifying glass.

I have a hand-held microscope 30x. My loupe is supposedly 30x too, but it's nowhere near as good as the hand held. Not sure if we're allowed to post a url:

81hZgk5XCvL_SL1500_.jpg

The hand held is hard to use standing up, but sitting down and bracing it on the table, I'm able to get a good view of the trichomes.

I'm thinking I need to inspect the trichomes on the other plants now as well. I just grabbed a little cutting from the white widow and it's looking ready to harvest too. It seems too early.... I wonder if being pollinated causes the trichomes to mature early? Or could it be the long veg time? These plants were fully budded at two weeks into flower, so the whole grow from flip seems to have been early.

Gonna take a look at the other two. I might be doing some trimming again tonight.

Back
Top Bottom