MotaFina - 15 Year Old White Widow x Skunk Seeds - Indoor Soil - HID

Do you see any Inter-veinal yellowing, like the veins are darker green ? I'm starting to see this on Euphoria.
It may be a Magnesium deficiency, causes cans be :
- Soil too acidic
- Excess of K (or calcium) blocking Magnesium uptake.
- Plain lack of Mg.

BTW Blueberry's yellowing is propagating to the top of the plant, your story is repeating itself.

I think I'll try something else on Phoria in 2 days, just plain Grow nutes.

Just a suggestion :

At this stage, time and options are running out. I think if you have different ideas as how to solve the problems, you could apply/try different solutions to different plants, in the hope of finding the right fix and maybe save SOME of the plants. Watering every 2-4 days looses a lot of time.

ex :
- Put one on completely different nutes regime
- Feed one with a good dose of EJ Grow (with or without PH adjustment, with minimal or NO Bloom)
- Flush one if you REALLY think it's of any use.
- Etc.

Great suggestion. This is probably what I'll do.

I'm so busy with work right now I don't even have time to look at the plants even though they're only 10 ft away. :straightface:

Do you see any Inter-veinal yellowing, like the veins are darker green ? I'm starting to see this on Euphoria.
It may be a Magnesium deficiency, causes cans be :
- Soil too acidic
- Excess of K (or calcium) blocking Magnesium uptake.
- Plain lack of Mg.

For the most part, they're just getting paler, thinner and more yellow until they eventually start to brown and fall off. I did add some Epsom salt a while back and just tried some of the EJ calmag product. But overall, I don't think in my case it's a magnesium problem.

BTW Blueberry's yellowing is propagating to the top of the plant, your story is repeating itself.

I think I'll try something else on Phoria in 2 days, just plain Grow nutes.

So sorry to hear this...I'm glad we're tracking our grows like this though, as we're doing very similar grows. I think the only big difference is the strains and lighting. I just wish we could nail down what the problem is.

Oh, btw, last night I did a search (EJ nutes Bloom yellowing) and found a 2011 forum...

Leaf Mottling (Yellow) | THCFarmer Community

The last line at the bottom is the guy saying : Doubled the feeding ( stopped diluting) and doubled Bloom. Overnight response everything looks greener and the buds are denser. Yay!!

Somewhere others says that EJ nutes are weak and more is needed and its not too bad if given too much. If we are watering less (I went from 2 to 3-4days) plants are getting less than optimal dosage also.

I'm just not quite sure if I want to double the Grow AND Bloom (EJ says 4ml/L Grow 2ml/L Bloom to fix yellowing). But maybe doubling everything is the solution, but that's scares me.

If everything was great for me in Veg when I gave them 3ml/L Grow at 2 days interval, 4ml/L (normal Veg Grow feed) should be needed at 3 days interval I suppose. But "Grow" already contains some P-K so it makes sense not to give too much Bloom with it. Plants should want less Nitrogen in flowering, but what can I say... plants seem to want MORE N right now.

Blueberry got (this morning) : 4ml/L Grow veg dosage + normal Catalyst + 2.8ml/L (70%) Bloom.

I think I'm pretty happy with that recipe. I took note of how many dying leaves there were, how many mildly yellowing ones, so I can compare to something in the next 2 days.

I may still decide to water Euphoria with a different mix, just to test 2 things in the same amount of time : 5ml/L Grow + Catalyst, no Bloom.

I think for this ONE watering, I'll go for only 2 or 2.5 days just to get the nutes to her FASTER. This waiting game will give me a panic attacks and loss of sleep !

Oh, btw, last night I did a search (EJ nutes Bloom yellowing) and found a 2011 forum...

The last line at the bottom is the guy saying : Doubled the feeding ( stopped diluting) and doubled Bloom. Overnight response everything looks greener and the buds are denser. Yay!!

Somewhere others says that EJ nutes are weak and more is needed and its not too bad if given too much. If we are watering less (I went from 2 to 3-4days) plants are getting less than optimal dosage also.

I'm just not quite sure if I want to double the Grow AND Bloom (EJ says 4ml/L Grow 2ml/L Bloom to fix yellowing). But maybe doubling everything is the solution, but that's scares me.

If everything was great for me in Veg when I gave them 3ml/L Grow at 2 days interval, 4ml/L (normal Veg Grow feed) should be needed at 3 days interval I suppose. But "Grow" already contains some P-K so it makes sense not to give too much Bloom with it. Plants should want less Nitrogen in flowering, but what can I say... plants seem to want MORE N right now.

Blueberry got (this morning) : 4ml/L Grow veg dosage + normal Catalyst + 2.8ml/L (70%) Bloom.

I think I'm pretty happy with that recipe. I took note of how many dying leaves there were, how many mildly yellowing ones, so I can compare to something in the next 2 days.

I may still decide to water Euphoria with a different mix, just to test 2 things in the same amount of time : 5ml/L Grow + Catalyst, no Bloom.

I think for this ONE watering, I'll go for only 2 or 2.5 days just to get the nutes to her FASTER. This waiting game will give me a panic attacks and loss of sleep !

Try adding cal mag...

Cal-Mag (Calcium – Magnesium)
As the name suggests, Cal-Mag contains calcium and magnesium, along with nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, so be careful when considering this control method. Do not use Cal-Mag during the flowering stage or the flowers will receive too much nitrogen. This treatment should be applied during the vegetative stage. Cannabis roots absorb calcium and magnesium in a proper pH level (6.5). If the pH is off, calcium deficiency can result in the forming of dead spots in the leaves, then crinkling or spotting.

I think it tends to be strain specific as far as how much nitrogen they want. Its just the way the leaves are yellowing it looks like they are starved for N.

I think it tends to be strain specific as far as how much nitrogen they want. Its just the way the leaves are yellowing it looks like they are starved for N.

I think Bloom nutes could be blocking N some, so more Grow and less Bloom could be the ticket. That's what i'm trying anyway. Will see from there.

Really good information. Thanks!

I know what you mean about panic and loss of sleep. There's just so much riding on a successful harvest.

I need to decide my next step. I'm too busy to do anything today before lights out, so it'll have to be tomorrow. I gave them straight fish emulsion the day before yesterday and they look a slight bit perkier today.

Thinking back to my former grows many years ago, using EJ, I used to alternate feeding EJ with fish emulsion. My harvests were great and I don't recall having this issue with yellow leaves. So maybe just that additional N from the fish emulsion prevented it.

I just found and eliminated a "banana" (nanner?) on OBS5, the plant in the 7-gal pot. I'll have to be vigilant from here on out to make sure I don't miss any of those.

Not sure if the bananas are considered hermaphrodite, but it's definitely a form of it. I think a true hermie will show both sexes earlier on. These bananas seem to be a last ditch effort by the plant to be fertilized. Since my plants are doing so poorly, they're on their last legs and maybe trying to procreate before they die.

I've only seen the one 'nanner so far. In the HPS lighting, it really stood out like a sore thumb. Pretty hard to miss.

The hermie bud I picked is skunky as hell. It was lower down on a main branch.

On closer inspection, you're right....this one must be a hermie. It's weird as I've never seen male pods on the plant. I did notice a while back some rather large calyxes:

Calyxes2.jpg

Turns out it's a seed pod. So it fertilized itself some time ago. The seeds are pretty sparse at this point, and I don't see any seeds on any of the other plants (yet).

Should I harvest this one plant? Or just go with it and have seeded pot? I'm guessing there's still risk of pollinating the other plants, if they're not pollinated already.

On closer inspection, you're right....this one must be a hermie. It's weird as I've never seen male pods on the plant. I did notice a while back some rather large calyxes:

Turns out it's a seed pod. So it fertilized itself some time ago. The seeds are pretty sparse at this point, and I don't see any seeds on any of the other plants (yet).

Should I harvest this one plant? Or just go with it and have seeded pot? I'm guessing there's still risk of pollinating the other plants, if they're not pollinated already.

I don't know much... but pollen must be everywhere (if you have ventilation). Probably several plant and/or buds will start to make some seeds eventually.

More experienced growers could tell you what's the best approach, but the buds that make seeds will no doubt be lower quality.

You didn't find any pollen sacks elsewhere ?

I don't know much... but pollen must be everywhere (if you have ventilation). Probably several plant and/or buds will start to make some seeds eventually.

More experienced growers could tell you what's the best approach, but the buds that make seeds will no doubt be lower quality.

You didn't find any pollen sacks elsewhere ?

Ugh...I took a closer look at the other plants, and they're ALL seeded. Wow, this has been a bumpy road! I think I'll flush for a week then cut 'em. I knew I was taking a chance with bagseed, so now I'm paying the price.

Calyxes2.jpg

Id let it mature, now you have free seeds.

Back
Top Bottom