GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Sorry guys, it's been crazy. Here are some pics as promised and I'll do a more detailed update later this evening.
The Strain
IMG_163230.JPG
IMG_163330.JPG
IMG_163431.JPG
IMG_163535.JPG

Grand Purple Dragon (GPD)
IMG_163630.JPG
IMG_163728.JPG

Its Purple
IMG_163827.JPG
IMG_163932.JPG
IMG_164033.JPG

Hey there 420 family!

Back with a more detailed update as promised. Ill save you all the long story but lets just say the last 2 months or so have been absolutely ridiculous. So many unfortunate events I feel like Lemony Snicket was narrating my life story himself, but even through all of that, the garden has been pretty in-bothered so I'm thankful for that. Anyway, lets get into it.

The Strain (Round 2) - She has been doing very well dispite the fact I haven't been able to give her as much attention as I usually would my grows. Flowering along nicely. Not sure how long she's been flowering officially, I'm just going based off of resin glands and it actually appears it may be ready for harvest. Thinking about chopping the outer most colas tomorrow morning and seeing if the rest will fatten up some more. What do you guys think? These were JUST taken.
IMG_163230.JPG

IMG_163330.JPG
IMG_163431.JPG
IMG_163535.JPG

"It's Purple" - Also flowering along nicely. She seems to be an extremely heavy feeder. Looks like shes' used up all of the nitrogen in her soil so later this evening when it starts to cool off a bit, I'm going to add about 2 inches of my homemade vermin-compost, mulch with some fresh grass clippings (about to cut my grass) and water it really well. Hopefully there should be enough traces of nitrogen and other minerals in that combination to get her color to come back as she finishes up. Don't want her to slow down now.
IMG_163827.JPG

I was also worried she wasn't really budding like I felt an indica dominant plant should, upon closer review, SHE IS!!!! And shes stick and stinks to the high heavens.

Grand Purple Dragon (GPD) - Coming along nicely. As I said before, this is just a trial run to see how it does and what it will produce. I will be starting another in December for my spring harvest and will really push its limits! But so far, so pleased!
IMG_163630.JPG
IMG_163728.JPG

Let me know what you all think and keep on growing!

Hey there 420 family!

Back with a more detailed update as promised. Ill save you all the long story but lets just say the last 2 months or so have been absolutely ridiculous. So many unfortunate events I feel like Lemony Snicket was narrating my life story himself, but even through all of that, the garden has been pretty in-bothered so I'm thankful for that. Anyway, lets get into it.

The Strain (Round 2) - She has been doing very well dispite the fact I haven't been able to give her as much attention as I usually would my grows. Flowering along nicely. Not sure how long she's been flowering officially, I'm just going based off of resin glands and it actually appears it may be ready for harvest. Thinking about chopping the outer most colas tomorrow morning and seeing if the rest will fatten up some more. What do you guys think? These were JUST taken.
IMG_163431.JPG

The pistils don't look done to me. Personally, I wouldn't think about harvesting and check back in a week.
Then again .... my opinion is based on indoor growing, I don't know squat about outdoor growing.

The pistils don't look done to me. Personally, I wouldn't think about harvesting and check back in a week.
Then again .... my opinion is based on indoor growing, I don't know squat about outdoor growing.

Thanks for stopping by Rad, and give yourself more credit than that! Isn't a Rose, even by any other name, still a Rose?! I believe you were correct, I was being antsy, and the wrong pictures uploaded. About to upload some pics I literally just took.

Good Evening Everyone,

So I realized the pictures I posted the other day were the same pictures from the 3rd...don't know how that happened, but I'm here with an update and pictures that are actually from today! With that being said, lets get into it!

The Strain (Summer Run) - She's looking closer and closer to harvest time every day! Really having to exercise patience and will power with this lady. Checking trichomes daily. Todays check revealed %100 cloudy trichomes and no amber in sight! Some of you may remember my spring grow of this "Strain" had the same thing going on. These branches also aren't hanging over like normal so I'm thinking there still may be some swelling to go on, but its looking like its about that time!
IMG_169033.JPG
IMG_169230.JPG
IMG_1693.PNG

Its Purple - Still flowering along nicely! Not sure how much longer she has to go but she's been flowering for a while now. Just as long as "The Strain" if I'm not mistaken. The smell coming off of her is AMAZING and she's sooooo incredibly sticky. Cant wait for this lady to finish up so I can take a sample. Also hoping for some intense colors towards the end. I FINALLY turned her pot around for the first time in about a month and a half so hopefully the back lower buds get to fatten up before its all said and done.
IMG_169432.JPG
IMG_169631.JPG

Grandaddy Purple Dragon (GPD) - First off id like to state that this has been a test run receiving 12/12 from seed outdoor. She is very impressive! cant wait to really test her out next spring. Extremely sticky and stinky early in flower, and if you can see, the lower leaves are clearly more indica while some of the upper leaves are showing sativa dominance! CRAZY! Also hoping for some awesome colors later in flower given her parents. Fingers crossed!
IMG_169738.JPG
IMG_16991.PNG

YES there are a bunch of little bugs on her right now but not to worry, I'm going to take care of that! Don't know what they are or where they come from, but they don't seem to cause any harm to the plant and that's one of the reasons we wash our harvest, right Radogast!

Enjoy and keep on growing!

About the harvest, that cola looked a lot like my WW. I was thinking soon, but it may be another week...maybe 2 for me. How are you with the hurricane ? Stay safe and take care of the girls.

About the harvest, that cola looked a lot like my WW. I was thinking soon, but it may be another week...maybe 2 for me. How are you with the hurricane ? Stay safe and take care of the girls.

What are your trichomes looking like? Mostly clear, cloudy, any amber yet? That's what will give you the most accurate guess. Mine are all cloudy with the addition of some amber this morning. Irma....smh this bitch smh, trying to figure out a game plan. GPD and "Its Purple" are in pots. Big ones...but if necessary, they can be moved. The Strain in the other hand is in the ground and damn close to harvest. Thinking I may chop her down tomorrow night or Monday morning...need to check and see when the storm is supposed to hit. Smh

Hey guy, need a little help. "It's Purple" appears to be an indica dominant Strain but today makes day 66 of flowering. What do you all think? Chop time?
IMG_172426.JPG
IMG_172530.JPG
IMG_1726.PNG

All trichomes appear cloudy and I think I saw a few amber. Thoughts?

The female twin is still growing strong btw. Almost chop time for her too!
IMG_172134.JPG
IMG_172233.JPG
IMG_1723.PNG

Keep growing!

Hey guy, need a little help. "It's Purple" appears to be an indica dominant Strain but today makes day 66 of flowering. What do you all think? Chop time?
IMG_1726.PNG

All trichomes appear cloudy and I think I saw a few amber. Thoughts?

Pistils done, trichomes done = chop time in my neighborhood.

You could hang on to see if she foxtails and bulks up if you want to risk more amber.

Those leaves are beautifully green for full flower. You picked the right strain for the summer you had!

IMG_1723.PNG

Keep growing!

The twin here seems to have more fresh pistils. I would wait on her too

Pistils done, trichomes done = chop time in my neighborhood.

You could hang on to see if she foxtails and bulks up if you want to risk more amber.

Those leaves are beautifully green for full flower. You picked the right strain for the summer you had!

The twin here seems to have more fresh pistils. I would wait on her too

I agree with you fully Rad...and I thought I had a free day today! Looks like I'll be harvesting this evening! Going to let the twin go another week or so to see what she does!

Hey 420 Family,

Here with a quick update on things out in the garden. My last 2 girls are finishing up nicely! Lets get into everyones' favorite part...THE PICS!

Strain Twin - Still swelling and popping out a few pistils but they are turning brown for the most part, This one resembles the one from my spring harvest the most. VERY sticky, VERY stinky. At this point, just watching it daily to decide when to harvest. Its a pretty balanced indica/ sativa cross so the buds are tight but airy...don't know any other way to describe it lol. Leaves also losing color quickly.
13D51E0E-EB29-46A2-8595-DF1837B94030.jpeg
4ED0BEBC-4222-4282-8A64-FD307211D332.jpeg
DA6715DC-D006-4159-9DB9-97419C7F52CC.jpeg

Grand Purple Dragon (GPD F1) - LOVING this plant and how she's coming along. Pretty strong indica characteristics. Really tight, firm buds that smell like berries and diesel! Not sure how much longer she has to go, but considering this weather, it doesn't look like she'll be flowering into some cooler weather. Makes me a little sad considering BOTH of her parents turned deep purple toward the end of their flowering but hey, there's still time. Fingers crossed!
1A62C20B-3386-4E1D-AF00-B779FC950F22.jpeg
DF8828A7-F3E6-4FA0-88E2-311E6A9426C8.jpeg
668E3A33-98A7-4AA1-B31A-F91F4B75705E.jpeg

Its Purple - So, I did leave one branch (The smallest one) on the plant and ive been stressing her at night with a 2,000 Lumen flashlight and she's finally pollenated herself! Just going to let this keep sitting until I'm sure the seeds are good and fully ripe. Couldn't bare to lose this strain.
EE524DE1-441E-418B-9825-B8B5BFBA2256.jpeg

Take it easy everyone

Good Afternoon 420 Family,

Update time. So I chopped, washed and hung "Twin". Started Friday night and finished up lastnight. She's currently hang-drying in my dark room with a small fan going. This means I only have Grand Purple Dragon left and boy are things getting more exciting by the day! Id also like to mention that I got a 3-lense kit for smartphones from Walmart for $2. Yes....$2. This is how I knew it was time to chop "Twin" and Ill let you all decide if my investment was a good one or not. Lets get into the pics!

Grand Purple Dragon F1 (GPD) - For those who don't know or remember, this is my F1 cross of Blue Dragon (Sour Diesel x Blueberry Kush) and GDP I grew out this spring. This was just a trial run as I knew there wasn't much time left for outdoor growing. It went 12/12 naturally from seed. With that being said, ill be growing out a number of these next season. I feel the world needs to experience this.
-This morning when I went out, I notice she's gotten so heave, she's just leaning, so put a tomato cage upside down around her for stability, but not until after this picture
47D374A1-2C3D-4946-94B0-CF00748D18D4.jpeg

Side branch bud
39EA242F-0FB7-4ADF-A9EA-96B27C325587.jpeg

Top cola. Please excuse my hand, I had to hold it up
1A8289E2-AFA8-473C-9A80-D056B97EBE2F.jpeg

She's still putting out a number of white pistils so I know she still has a little longer to go, but not too much. Also, even with our 80+ days, she's still starting to turn color a bit! tried to capture her purple tips.
1EE0A280-6930-4154-8736-3D808EA6C135.jpeg

Now comes time for you all to decide if my $2 was well spent or not, and I think this is crazy considering ive purchased $60 lense kits from apple that were no better in my comparison. $2 high def trich pics!
-As I said before, still a little time until harvest, but she is getting close! Here I see a lot of cloudy trichomes but still a lot of clear as well. There are also a few amber sneaking their way in there so this is a little tricky.
F2C752BA-678C-4AFB-A9A0-B763517DE7E0.jpeg

-Here they appear some clear, mostly cloudy and some amber.
ED56105D-C178-446A-BF86-8B73FDFF1D36.jpeg

What do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom