Bapple's 2017 Outdoor Shenanigans

Hey Bapple, quick question for you. Not sure what part of the world your in, but is this for a spring harvest? Are you going to re-veg these after you harvest them? Going to try that with my ladies for the first time.

Hey G

They will be harvested in two weeks or three...they are at day 46 of flowering today. Tried revegging last years Spring Blue Dreams but got bored/distracted and binned them.

Last week after I posted photos, Bapple the Younger spotted critters on the PK and sure enough she was right! Moved her away from the Green Crack ( astonishingly even though they were touching is totally clean of aphids) and hosed the hell off of the plant, pressure was so violent two branch heads snapped off.

This white stuff on it is not the critters, the critters are the black dots underneath the leaves, the white dots is stuff coming off a tree close by.

image19538.jpeg
image19539.jpeg
image19540.jpeg
image19541.jpeg
image19542.jpeg

Both branches are now drying in bags and will go into the freezer for butter.

Here are the girls today, very impressive kaleidoscope of colours in the fade but I've stripped both of them of all foliage that was covering bud sites to give them maximum sun exposure before harvest.

image19543.jpeg
image19544.jpeg
image19545.jpeg

Last week weather went from 18C day highs straight to 27C day highs and strong hot wind. The trichs on the PK show a good percentage of Amber already will check again tomorrow in full light and if confirmed I will pull her tomorrow. GC is showing clear and cloudy but no Ambers will also recheck tomorrow but plan is to pull PK tomorrow and GC next Sunday at day 60 of flowering.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :420::Namaste::ciao::allgood:

So finally found a 30 minute window to take down the PK today.

I had to wash her because of the the pollen and blossom from all manner of vegetation which because of her super frostiness could not just be blown off. I have left the lower branches so that if there are any seeds and they are not ready they will enjoy another 10 days or so of ripening. Half of the harvest has now been combined with the Blue Dream in the freezer and I've got a batch of butter going.

She was smelly up close outdoors but in the small space I've got them hanging to dry, the whole room reeks of dank goodness :rollit::):yummy:

image19562.jpeg
image19564.jpeg
image19561.jpeg
image19563.jpeg

:Namaste::420:

Congrats on harvest Ms. B. Have you sampled her yet? Coolest clothes pins that I've ever seen. :Namaste:

Hey Bright! :ciao:

I haven't sampled her yet, but the SL sampled the dried buds from last weeks accident yesterday and it seems to be majorly couch lockey type smoke because he was asleep within a couple of hours. Having said that he is the lightweight here, :rofl::ganjamon: where alcohol and cannabis consumption are concerned - so the jury is still out....I will let you know when I've sampled her.

The clothes pins (pegs) are pretty aren't they? Spotted them at a street market a couple of years back, did not need clothes pegs but bought 24 anyway :ganjamon::blushsmile:

Congrats on your harvest! Such beautiful plants. Is that all the swelling you expected from the buds? Mine are also a bit smaller than I had hoped but very frosty!

Georgia! :ciao::allgood:

I am very pleased with both of them, and they are the prettiest plants I ever grew....the Purple Kush I did not expect so much from because I thought she would be short and squat, but she wasn't. I am not used to Indica strains but she was vulnerable to aphids and her touching neighbour was not affected at all so I'm going to say she was not happy with something.....or that's whAt I get for buying unknown seeds with no provenance. I hope there are some seeds in there I like the look and the smell of the strain and would love some seeds to play with.
C

Re swelling I never grew a photo PK before and did not have expectations, but the Green Crack is full of hard plump buds and is a metre and a half tall she will easily outdo my larger Blue Dream plant last Spring. The weather has been unusually cool, cloudy and sun has been erratic, but she is looking and smelling great.

Sorry I haven't been in your yard for a bit but swamped with work and life here :hug::ganjamon::Namaste:

So what's next for you?

Hey Conradino! :ciao:

I am going to try another Ultra Dawg, an Aurora Ultra Confidential, Amherst Sour Diesel, Hollands Hope and a Portela. I expect a couple of seeds might not make it so hoping to harvest just 3 plants in the Autumn. I am so busy and mega paranoid cos I am travelling a lot at the moment, so I am going to start them end of June early July under18/6 lights, give them a racing start and put them out after 3 weeks; they will go straight to flower and it doesn't matter if I can't harvest till October ending plenty of heat still until late in the year this neck of the woods.

So I am going to take 6 or so weeks off from the anxiety. Also we are having a state of the art surveillance and security system put in next week....the type that one gets alerts online and I can watch what's happening from my phone wherever we are. That will solve 80% of the heebie jeebies I get especially when we are both away at the same time.

Hope all is well in your grow....sorry I haven't been regular.....a bit under the whip.

Have a great weekend :high-five::Namaste:

So hot hot hot day here 33C high.

Friday I took the top off the Green Crack and the buds are drying in brown paper bags...sorry no pics, I was in a hurry.

What's left of both girls will be taken down on Thursday or Friday.

image19576.jpeg
image19577.jpeg
image19578.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a super Sunday :Namaste::420:

Awesome!!! Are you leaving those lower PK buds to finish a little longer?

Hey G!

I was going to leave the lower PK buds for a bit longer but the SL tried some of the 2 buds that broke off a couple of weeks ago and they were definitely ready, so will take what's left of both down just before the weekend.

So Colombian Purple Kush in bags is all properly dried and jarred, and I sampled her last night.:ganjamon:

I have now renamed the strain; Colombian Chemical Cosh. Very heavy body stone, very giggly and appetite stimulating, but was unable to get anything done....tv remote was on the coffee table and we were both offering each other cash to get up and get it. SL leader fell asleep again within a couple of hours, I did not sleep but only started to come out of the can't move, won't move stone about 3 hours into it. Our eyes were super red and super droopy...so not smoke suitable for being seen out in public.

I have now harvested and washed the bottom branches and thrown it into the freezer. The Auto Daquiri Lime Butter was too psychedelic for my liking; and the PK way too soporific. I am going to make more butter with the PK and and mix it with the ADL and that should Balance out both strains and make them less overwhelming.

This is the second time I am picking up random unknown seeds and getting super strength buds, Portela is still my favourite.

image19588.jpeg

Happy Wednesday :420:

Back
Top Bottom