GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Good evening everyone,

Time for a quick update. Spring flowering coming along nicely for both outdoor ladies.
The Strain, about 4-5 weeks into flowering. Since removing those few male flowers, I haven't found anymore and I've been keeping the porch light off so I'm going to say we're good now.
IMG_099538.JPG
IMG_0996.PNG

Seed pods developing well. These seeds will be an extreme cross so I'll be very excited to see what I get from them! The Strain x BlueDragon (Purple Kush, Blue Dream, Skywalker OG, Sour Diesel and Blueberry)
IMG_0997.PNG

GDP Also 4-5 weeks into flower for a spring harvest. Stacking nicely, can't wait for the swell. Very smelly and resiny already! The Chamomile is flowering so it looks like it's helping. Liking what I'm seeing!
IMG_099840.JPG
IMG_0999.PNG

Seeds also coming along nicely. GDP X BlueDragon
IMG_1001.PNG

Hope everyone's grow is coming along nicely!

Good evening everyone,

Time for a quick update. Spring flowering coming along nicely for both outdoor ladies.
The Strain, about 4-5 weeks into flowering. Since removing those few male flowers, I haven't found anymore and I've been keeping the porch light off so I'm going to say we're good now.
IMG_099538.JPG
IMG_0996.PNG

Seed pods developing well. These seeds will be an extreme cross so I'll be very excited to see what I get from them! The Strain x BlueDragon (Purple Kush, Blue Dream, Skywalker OG, Sour Diesel and Blueberry)
IMG_0997.PNG

GDP Also 4-5 weeks into flower for a spring harvest. Stacking nicely, can't wait for the swell. Very smelly and resiny already! The Chamomile is flowering so it looks like it's helping. Liking what I'm seeing!
IMG_099840.JPG
IMG_0999.PNG

Seeds also coming along nicely. GDP X BlueDragon
IMG_1001.PNG

Hope everyone's grow is coming along nicely!

Looking good ga. Man I wish I could have let mine go the full distance. Looks like you're going to have a nice spring/summer. It's summer to me already. Damn 90*+ already. I gotta get outa this state.

Hey btw...I found a seed in my jar from my grow. I had NYCd auto & early miss auto from cks. Have you ever had this happen. I didn't think auto fem seeds could hermie.

Any plant/ Strain can hermie under stress, it's just something that happens unfortunately. Sounds like you had a manner pop about a month or so before you harvested. That's about how long it takes Seeds to mature. I'd say pop that guy. If you for sure had no males, that's probably a fem seed!

Hey btw...I found a seed in my jar from my grow. I had NYCd auto & early miss auto from cks. Have you ever had this happen. I didn't think auto fem seeds could hermie.

Any plant/ Strain can hermie under stress, it's just something that happens unfortunately. Sounds like you had a manner pop about a month or so before you harvested. That's about how long it takes Seeds to mature. I'd say pop that guy. If you for sure had no males, that's probably a fem seed!

Agreed. Probably a nice fem nanner seed.

I imagine nanners are more common in photo period ( 1 in 4? plants) but folks here have had it happen in autoflowers (1 in 40? plants)

First time and outdoors; does light from full moon have an effect? Girls are 5 weeks from seed: NL and WW look good, O G Kush kinda scrawny

First time and outdoors; does light from full moon have an effect? Girls are 5 weeks from seed: NL and WW look good, O G Kush kinda scrawny

This is actually a 2 part answer. In short, it will not harm them. Light from the moon is actually a reflection of the suns light so it's not considered "light", however at the full moon, the lumens emitted are the maximum a plant can take before reverting to veg.

On the other hand, if you do some research, you'll find the moon cycles are quite helpful. By transplanting, germinating, watering, etc during certain moon cycles, it will give your plants a boost in growth. Hope this helped

Thanks ga & rad....but what are nanners?

Hey ga...or anyone here...I tracked a package from cks. Made it all the way here to a post office, but then alerted..undeliverable as addressed. Should I try & contact usps, & file for re delivery? They ask for phone # & last name...which name is already on the package I guess. Paranoid about trying to retrieve it, & also for it floating around post office with my name on it.

Thanks ga & rad....but what are nanners?

I'm not sure what their real name is, but nanners (bananas) are not hermie. In a last ditch effort for a female plant to bear a seed, she issues a special version of flower with female pollen to self fertilize. When you see 1-4 seeds at harvest time, this is usually self fertlization by nanner.

Here's a link to my nanner hunt last month ==> Radogast nanner hunt

I'm not sure what their real name is, but nanners (bananas) are not hermie. In a last ditch effort for a female plant to bear a seed, she issues a special version of flower with female pollen to self fertilize. When you see 1-4 seeds at harvest time, this is usually self fertlization by nanner.

Here's a link to my nanner hunt last month ==> Radogast nanner hunt

Just what Radogast said. Just a female stamen with pollen without the presence of the petals that cover and hold pollen on male plants.

Good evening everyone,
Hope all is well with you all. Just a quick update on TS1 today, I'll get back around to GDP. And all her greatness a little later. TS1 is in week 4-5 of flowering I believe. Maybe even week 6. Not totally sure. Anyway, I decided to turn her pot around yesterday to let the light into all of the nooks and crannies that have been mostly shaded and I'm glad I did! Soooo many buds forming inside the bush.
Front
IMG_101437.JPG

Backwards (how it will remain the next few days)
IMG_101744.JPG

Buds forming nicely, but some of the larger fan leaves are losing their color. Thinking about giving her some Fish Emulsion, but it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow and the next day, so I'll see if that does the job.
IMG_101648.JPG
IMG_103333.JPG
IMG_1032.PNG

As you can see above, the seed pods are starting to bust open. They were pollinated around April 15th so they should be about halfway ready! Excited to pop some of those.

Grow on

Don't you love when you find some bud you stashed away and forgot about? Well...similar situation lol. About a month ago I smoked some bud so Purple it looked black and COVERED with resin. Wish I took a pic. Found a single seed while breaking down a large bud and what looked to be a small, dried nanner! I threw that seed in some dirt so fast!!! it popped out of the dirt about a week later. We got some heavy rain about 2 weeks back and it got SOAKED so I brought it inside and put it under my homemade CFL growlight construction in my fiancées office closet (we switched offices but she still lets me grow in the closet. That's love lol). I FORGOT ALLLLL ABOUT IT! Went in her office this morning looking for something, saw the light coming from under the door and look what I found! Currently, simply named "Its Purple!"
IMG_104445.JPG
IMG_104532.JPG

It will now be getting all the love and care it's been missing!

Also, a quick look at GDP enjoying this rain. Can't wait to see the ladies tomorrow morning. Supposed to be sunny again after some rainy days.
IMG_104144.JPG

No close-ups today. Soggy buds make me sad lol. Happy DrinkO Day Mayo everyone and grow on!

Back
Top Bottom