GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Is anyone else having a problem uploading pics from their phone and the app? I haven't updated because I haven't been able to add pics in about 4-5 days now. I would love to show you all what's going on. Putting the finishing touches on one of my giant holes

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I post from my phone, but not with the app.

420-magazine-mobile1955604776.jpg

Blessings to all
What were your results and opinions?

My dream come true!! Wow!!!

Ok, had to post online, all good. Here's a quick shot of the ladies on this beautiful, sunny day!
IMG_079036.JPG

Just finished diggin my giant hole! Only problem is, now I want to dig another but don't know where. It's a pretty big hole. Tools for reference. Got my first cage ready as well. Now I just have to start filling it up!!! Our last projected frost date is mid April so I'm trying to wait until then to put her in her final home because if something were to happen, I'd never forgive myself. You all remember...i started these in 2016!!! That being said, I'll use the following few weeks to fill the hole and let the soil cook. How's her future looking guys and gals?!
IMG_078546.JPG

IMG_078847.JPG
IMG_078947.JPG

Not sure if GDP Fem or TS1 Fem should go in the hole...but I kind of want to push my "The Strain" to see what she can do...so she's a candidate for sure. Other than digging that giant hole, did some other gardening as well. You can actually kind of see where the hole is in the background...Don't you just love Spring?!
IMG_078445.JPG

Good day all

Ok, had to post online, all good. Here's a quick shot of the ladies on this beautiful, sunny day!
IMG_079036.JPG

Just finished diggin my giant hole! Only problem is, now I want to dig another but don't know where. It's a pretty big hole. Tools for reference. Got my first cage ready as well. Now I just have to start filling it up!!! Our last projected frost date is mid April so I'm trying to wait until then to put her in her final home because if something were to happen, I'd never forgive myself. You all remember...i started these in 2016!!! That being said, I'll use the following few weeks to fill the hole and let the soil cook. How's her future looking guys and gals?!
IMG_078546.JPG

IMG_078847.JPG
IMG_078947.JPG

Not sure if GDP Fem or TS1 Fem should go in the hole...but I kind of want to push my "The Strain" to see what she can do...so she's a candidate for sure. Other than digging that giant hole, did some other gardening as well. You can actually kind of see where the hole is in the background...Don't you just love Spring?!
IMG_078445.JPG

Good day all
Nice n neat ga. That's going to be fuuunnnn to watch. Can't wait to see her in the ground. What else you got planted besides the mj? Peace buddy!

Nice n neat ga. That's going to be fuuunnnn to watch. Can't wait to see her in the ground. What else you got planted besides the mj? Peace buddy!

Yes, this should be pretty fun. Have to manage to stay stealth though considering. Wonder if anyone has been busted because of a journal....

Anyway, I have everything planted from 7 kinds of heirloom tomatoes, peppers (hot & sweet), brocc, cauliflower, kale, beets, kholrabi, collards, chard, rutabagas, Brussel sprouts, pole beans, sugar snaps, eggplants, rock and watermelons (yellow & orange flesh), corn, squash, asparagus, potatoes, garlic, onions and a ton of herbs...to name a few .. Oh, and Pineberries! White, red seeded, pineapple flavored strawberries! Shaping up to be a great gardening season.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes, this should be pretty fun. Have to manage to stay stealth though considering. Wonder if anyone has been busted because of a journal....

Anyway, I have everything planted from 7 kinds of heirloom tomatoes, peppers (hot & sweet), brocc, cauliflower, kale, beets, kholrabi, collards, chard, rutabagas, Brussel sprouts, pole beans, sugar snaps, eggplants, rock and watermelons (yellow & orange flesh), corn, squash, asparagus, potatoes, garlic, onions and a ton of herbs...to name a few .. Oh, and Pineberries! White, red seeded, pineapple flavored strawberries! Shaping up to be a great gardening season.

Holy produce section!!! You go ga boi!!! Lol. Did you start any in the grow tent, or all outside? After this grow, I'm looking for some easy to grow veg & fruits to start under the leds in my tent. Thanks bro. For real farmers almanac!! Have a fruitful day sir!!

With the cages man dont need to be put over plant till plant circumference is bigger than cages. Then you pull branches up and put a sheet over them and put cage over then pull sheet off so no branches snap or whatever then next cage etc. Unless you have a friend to hold branches up while you put cage over I suggest this is best way. After this you can pull branches through cage you actually need bigger squares for your cage to achieve this probably. You want branches pulled so they are pressured by cage so it is the same as staking the branches and pulling them down.

I went about 2-3m deep for my holes.

Hey Ga, man seeing that list just brought tears to my eyes lol. I thought i was the only one whos green thumb branched off to other great deeds. Since i have 7 acres im going to knock 1 more down and go full green with the addition of a few chickens and my wife wants a horse ....

Blessings to all
What were your results and opinions?

Oh no, a number of us grow much more than medicine! Check out Spooky, Radogast and Sneaky to name a few! I forgot I also have a lemon, blueberry and Goji berry tree as well as 4 grape (2 red, 2 green) vines and blackberries that climb my fence! 7 acres, good lord! A horse sounds fun lol might need to hit u for some horse manure in the future! Great stuff!

Holy produce section!!! You go ga boi!!! Lol. Did you start any in the grow tent, or all outside? After this grow, I'm looking for some easy to grow veg & fruits to start under the leds in my tent. Thanks bro. For real farmers almanac!! Have a fruitful day sir!!

lol I do what I can. The taste and quality just can't be beat! I started EVERYTHING in the greenhouse. All seeds, it's great for that! Have some seeds in there germinating now for my succession planting. Whatever questions you have, ask away! Plenty of help here!

With the cages man dont need to be put over plant till plant circumference is bigger than cages. Then you pull branches up and put a sheet over them and put cage over then pull sheet off so no branches snap or whatever then next cage etc. Unless you have a friend to hold branches up while you put cage over I suggest this is best way. After this you can pull branches through cage you actually need bigger squares for your cage to achieve this probably. You want branches pulled so they are pressured by cage so it is the same as staking the branches and pulling them down.

I went about 2-3m deep for my holes.

Good lord! Mine is about 4 ft deep and I decided to put GDP. in the hole. Hopefully she won't overgrow the fence. The holes in the cage are actually bigger than they look, I can stick my hole hand through them. I'm also placing it around it in the beginning more for protection from the birds and squirrels. They like to dig up EVERYTHING! The birds keep digging up my corn and quinoa seeds. So annoying!

Hey Georgia! Everything is looking good. 420 and fruit and veg. Started my tomatoes, chillis and okra seeds last week.

Awesome! Always been interested in growing okra but I don't really eat it. Might give it another try if I grew it myself though. Going to be trying Brussels sprouts this year for the first time if I can grow them successfully. My fiancée loves them though so it will still be a success.

Good evening everyone, hope you have all had a wonderful day! Busy day in the garden today. Decided to put GDP. in the giant hole in the garden in hopes she won't overgrow my 6ft fence. With that being said, I decided to transplant TS1 into her final (I think) home, this 10 gallon pot.
420-magazine-mobile1163174049.jpg

It was dark when I finished filling it in, it was dark so I'll have to post a picture tomorrow. It also rained after so she got nice and welcomed into her new home! Used a mix of soils. Also used these to fill the giant hole which is almost full. Just need one more bag of dirt. Took 11 cu ft of soil so far to fill. My soil mix was Dr. Earths Home Grown & Pot Of Gold potting soils as well as Kellogg's Organic Potting Soil, Roots Organics Potting Soil, Sphagnum Peat Moss, homemade vermi-compost and added perlite. Amended the pot and will amend the soil with the Dr. Earths Vegetable, Flower & Herb Fertilizer shown in previous post. It is packed full of Endo & Ecto Mycorrhiza. I also used Mykos.
420-magazine-mobile418367477.jpg

I really like how this mix looks and feels. Also filled up a large tub and am cooking it for a couple of weeks for other container plants going in the garden after they're sexed.

Good afternoon everyone! As promised, here's is the follow-up to last nights post with some of what I did today! But first...TS1 in her final (I think) home! Luckily it's an overcast day so it'll give her a day to transition smoothly!
IMG_079643.JPG

So. As I told you all last night, I began to fill up that giant hole! Since we're past the final frost date and everything is looking great in the future, I decided to move GDPon into her new home as well! As you can see the soil mix I talked about last night looks wonderful! Feels even better. Some of the best looking soil I've seen!
IMG_079946.JPG

Heavy on the Mykos!
IMG_080040.JPG
IMG_080143.JPG

Had to top off with some Kellogg Organic Garden Soil. It's pretty woody so I believe it can also double as a light mulching. Also have the cage around it now, NOT FOR TRAINING PURPOSES but for protection. I have dogs that like to sniff and pee on things, and critters that like digging in fresh soil . Will adjust cage(s) later for training when necessary.
IMG_080548.JPG
IMG_080344.JPG

Also mulching with the defoliated leaves and my tag for those of you who enjoy my plant tags . My German Chamomile is sprouted and ready to be planted but I'm not sure if it's too soon to plant it by the GDP. Going to research a bit. Going to put them in the front left and right corners of the giant hole. Any suggestions welcome!
IMG_080634.JPG

Nice update. Nice labels. Nice hole full of soil :)

I have 3 German Chamomile started from seed in my veg area in 4" pots. Pot bound until time to set out they are only 4" tall and want to be low spreading. I plan to put them into 10" planters. This is my first time growing them except in a home made wild mix several decades ago. They did not overcompete with poppies, etc.

I don't think your little plugs will be higher than 6" for a few weeks. I don't think they will spread more than 12" before summer blooming. They will be easy to keep trimmed low if they ever spread to reach the base of GDP.

Back
Top Bottom