BeezLuiz & Liquidintel's Outdoor Grow 2018

Thanks @andIhalped :peace:. Those are some very nice looking buds - they look pretty dense and hairy! Where do you stand on trimming philosophy? By the photo, it looks nice and tightly manicured -- not much leaf left. Having only gone through a trim once myself, I'm still figuring out what I prefer.
Thx!

Hard to tell from my crappy pic, but the buds are actually very airy & the pistils are really wispy, which made trimming challenging.

I usu. leave much more frost leaves on, but this plant didn't frost much. Which doesn't worry me, I know it's going to be very good, despite the lack of frost.

All around odd plant: 1) a photoperiod that flowered in mid July, 2) super wispy pistils; 3) it really sheds pistils during trim; 4) no frost leaves; 5) looks nothing like it's sister, which still has a coupla weeks to go, and is purple & frosting up (sorry 'bout another crappy shot):
But I grew this bizarro strain out of curiosity...and stupidity.

For my Blueberry Muffin, the leaves were pretty frosty so I left a little more on than I probably should have in hindsight. Since I'm getting way more yield than I had anticipated, I think I'm going to trim the next ones a little tighter and just use the trim for canna butter.

Choosing your strain out of curiosity sounds like a good thing to me ;). I chose my five different plants to get a wide variety of types just to see what's out there. I'm sure I'm going to have one or two of them slightly disappoint, but so far I'm loving BBM! @Liquidintel and I sampled a nug after just a couple days of cure and we were very impressed with the results! We'll post a smoke report once the cure in far enough along.

Thx!

Hard to tell from my crappy pic, but the buds are actually very airy & the pistils are really wispy, which made trimming challenging.

I usu. leave much more frost leaves on, but this plant didn't frost much. Which doesn't worry me, I know it's going to be very good, despite the lack of frost.

All around odd plant: 1) a photoperiod that flowered in mid July, 2) super wispy pistils; 3) it really sheds pistils during trim; 4) no frost leaves; 5) looks nothing like it's sister, which still has a coupla weeks to go, and is purple & frosting up (sorry 'bout another crappy shot):
But I grew this bizarro strain out of curiosity...and stupidity.
Just to clarify, I don't think it was stupid for me to grow that strain--I sampled some immature buds from a branch I inadvertently broke about two weeks into flowering & it was already decent & potent. Happily, it also hit my bullseye--I like an energetic, clear-headed sativa buzz & this lebanese-nepalese serves that up nicely.

I'm just a stupidly curious person.

To whit: since legalization, I've only grown strains that I've never grown & never smoked before. (Prior to legalization, my stealth grows were always from seeds from whatever I'd had, which BTW, often turned out stellar).

Not just curiosity, though. I'm old, but I still enjoy surprises!

Such high quality photos and ladys. :yummy:
You might be surprised to hear that all my photos were taken with my cell phone camera and a cheap $20 lens attachment for the closeups.

For my Blueberry Muffin, the leaves were pretty frosty so I left a little more on than I probably should have in hindsight. Since I'm getting way more yield than I had anticipated, I think I'm going to trim the next ones a little tighter and just use the trim for canna butter.

Choosing your strain out of curiosity sounds like a good thing to me ;). I chose my five different plants to get a wide variety of types just to see what's out there. I'm sure I'm going to have one or two of them slightly disappoint, but so far I'm loving BBM! @Liquidintel and I sampled a nug after just a couple days of cure and we were very impressed with the results! We'll post a smoke report once the cure in far enough along.
I bet that BBM is impressive. Blueberry's great lineage. One of my fave store-bought strains is Blue City Diesel aka Blueberry Diesel.

And you obviously did great work on the grow, so no surprise that it's gonna be great.

I personally like smoking frost leaves. Whatever doesn't remain on the buds after trim, I save for smoking. I find that it's as stony as leafless bud, but with much richer flavor.

Yup, since legalization here, it's been really nice to have so many different varieties available to choose from.:peace:

Thank you so much!:welcome:

what attachment
Lens Attachment.jpg

I use the 15X and 20X macro lenses for the trichome closeups. It definitely takes some practice and I put my S8 phone camera in "pro" mode for the pics.

Now you see them...
4 Ladies.jpg

Now you don't...
4 Ladies Not.jpg

My son (@Liquidintel ) is getting married today :eek:. Family visiting from out of town so we had to relocate the ladies.

One of the negatives from having such large plants, is trying to hide them! Our tallest (Sour Diesel) is about 8ft when you consider the height of the pot. It had to go into a shed that has a roof of only 7ft.
Sour Diesel Shed a.jpg

It was a challenge, but we made it work. I sure wish that 25 gallon pot had handles! We managed to fit 2 plants into the shed and the other 2 behind the shed. Hopefully they do ok.

That must been quite challenging to shoehorn that plant into the shed.

Congrats to @Liquidintel & family!

Though in honor of Burt Reynolds passing, I feel compelled to quote his quip on marriage: "I can't think of more expensive way to get your laundry done.";)

grow on!

OK, wedding is over, family has all gone back home, and the ladies are now back on their proper thrones. For the most part, they seem ok -- just a little under nourished. I was so busy, they didn't get fed for about 5 days - just enough water to keep them hydrated. Also, the really tall plant (Sour Diesel) got a little scorched on the top cola due to touching the metal roof of the shed - oh well, minor casualty.

I think Blackberry Fire is going to get chopped this weekend. We saw an initial sign of bud rot (one tiny spot) and getting some caterpillar damage -- removed about 10 of those buggers yesterday.

It might be a tad bit early, but we don't want to risk further spread of the "yuk". Here's some pics of the trichomes taken today:

I think Blackberry Fire is going to get chopped this weekend. We saw an initial sign of bud rot (one tiny spot) and getting some caterpillar damage -- removed about 10 of those buggers yesterday.

It might be a tad bit early, but we don't want to risk further spread of the "yuk". Here's some pics of the trichomes taken today:

Wise move...harvesting beats the constant inspections for & worry over budrot. & they're looking good anyway.

Did upping the N do the trick on the DQ?

Back
Top Bottom