Best 1000 Watt Electronic Ballast for the dollar

Kango279

420 Member
Hey everyone, how's it going out there? I'm going to apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong place or doing this the wrong way so here goes:
My ballasts are all magnetic and at least 17 years old or older. I'm looking to purchase a brand new electronic/digital ( I'm not sure of the proper term) 1000 watt ballast for my flowering tent and need some advice. Which 1000 watt electronic ballast is the best one for the money and why? I really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I'm 50 years old and don't really understand what makes one Chinese made ballast better than another Chinese ballast but like I said my newest ballast was made in 1999 so I'm slightly out of touch with technology. Ultimately I'd like to switch over to LED lights but the ones I like are way too expensive for a disabled guys budget. If I can help anybody else out with any problems in their garden just hit me up. I've been growing indoors since a I was 15 years old so I know a little bit about growing cannabis. Thanks for listening.
Kang

Thanks for the advice. That's kind of they way I'm leaning. If they're all made in the same place with the same components why spend $300 or more if I can get one for $160. Thanks again.

Try to do a Web search on the brand in question. If there's been a lot of problems with it I'm sure you'll get tons of search results

Last year when I decided to buy a ballast I went through the same issues as you and had to do my homework to find what worked for me.. . I wanted something reliable with adjustable wattage and minimum rf interference. I've read many reviews for lots of different brands and I went with a classic style 1000 watt Galaxy ballast. It was about 200 but it runs cool at 600 watts and has been super reliable with zero issues for a year now. They have a newer style ballast but it has a soft start mode and I've read reviews of the lamp no firing up... That's my recommendation, I almost got a quantum brand ballast as they seemed well priced with good reviews.. I'm sure there are other great ballasts out there but I was trying to stay at a certain price point... hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom