Best 3x3 grow space LED

The old cliche saying applies here in spades. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. I imagine the op left this thread ages ago.

I have 2 Mars reflector 192 you can have for free.
Grab that fast @Cannacris I could sell those lights for 3 bills in a day.

EDIT: Of course I woudn't because they are great lights and I'd put them to use immedialty!

Why is this even a consideration here then? This is some lofty stuff for a thread that originally was just light to fill a 3x3.

The point I'm trying to make is in some cases we are spending WAY too much money to chase minuscule improvements and unknowns we can't even notice.
Thank you, I was just looking for 2-3 recommendations ‍♂️

Like people have said it all in what your budget is. I am having an affair right now with the Horticultural Lighting Group Quantum Board Leds kits. Just setup one of the HLG-600H that I got for a decent price. Great light can wait to get my controller and work it out in my next grow. But they have smaller kits that would work very well in a 3x3. Again about what you want. But be warned you’ll possibly run into too much par with some lights and would need supplemental co2 etc. always can adjust the height of the light too yes. Found many over estimate their lighters and I look at the led draw instead of what they say it does. I estimate I’ll get 1.5 grams per watt of light oral at 1000grans in my 600watt light. Plus besides watts, look at par, as well as light spectrums. Good luck and delve into the light (twilight) zone. Btw I have a 4x4 setup. I wanted to add that the HLG kits can have a UVA light added to them as there has been A lot of discussion here on it. As well as other supplemental spectrums.

Thank you, I was just looking for 2-3 recommendations ‍♂
Not sure if anyone recommend spider farmer sf 2000 for your space, but im a huge fan of that light. A bit more than the mars, but Samy diodes (301b) and meanwell driver. Just solid build and solid parts from a big company with a good warranty. Very comparable with mars ts series and the warranty they offer. I have been running mine, sf 2000s, for about 9 months or so and they do very very well. I also have mars ts. Again, very comparable. Like Toyota (mars) and Lexus (spider farmer) in my humble opinion. The main difference that I've seen and I've run 2 complete runs, the mars is a bit hotter, but comes wired to move driver out of tent or at least away to reg heat. Good luck.

I run a Philzon 2000 Cobb $259. It’s a beast in my 4x4 I just ordered the 3000 for $399
8A201B82-D58B-48B1-A17D-17DB7C9854F2.jpeg
E5214E6B-FA89-49F7-AD4C-94B8B1EF3103.jpeg
FEF5591C-FCFD-4307-BACA-3699BB08D0DB.jpeg
2DF690A5-7C9F-430E-82FD-3B74B561B27C.jpeg

What did I tell you @Mosaicmind9x !

They claim on their website that the SP's includes UV in the product descriptions, and in the thread @SmokeSara starts out by saying she's verified they SP series has UV, so IDK.

Actually, the quantum board I bought close to a year ago (with UV, IR and Far Red) directly from China looks EXACTLY like some of the offerings of our sponsors now, the only difference being the very large markup I bypassed. There are light manufacturers and there are light vendors.

My personal experience is that sprouts under the same light react just about as differently from each other as they do under different lights. That's alot of variables unaccounted for.

Its all about budget and research. You can grow great weed with "cheap" lights, and spend WAY too much money on "great" lights that don't do you a bit better good. Mars Hydro for the win.

FYI there is a huge difference in Quantum Boards from China and Japan. It’s all about efficiency. Then in the end the quality of the products going into the light. I would take the price hit of a Samsung made Quantum board over a Chinese knockoff every time. It depends on what you want out of your light if beat quality and performance are it then stick with the beater Japanese types if not and budget with output is go with knockoffs. Always a trade off.

That's the thing, I want low maintenance
Ok I’m tired of reading and this one statement says it all, I Use this in my 3by3
. My electric bill went up $11 a month . And grew this .......Spider Farmer SF-1000 LED Grow Light

F109FF65-E0CF-421B-B7E8-51BB8E033AA8.jpeg

DC2CB9E5-12E2-41C0-AC4E-1A92685AFA0E.jpeg

I run a Philzon 2000 Cobb $259. It’s a beast in my 4x4 I just ordered the 3000 for $399
8A201B82-D58B-48B1-A17D-17DB7C9854F2.jpeg
E5214E6B-FA89-49F7-AD4C-94B8B1EF3103.jpeg
FEF5591C-FCFD-4307-BACA-3699BB08D0DB.jpeg
2DF690A5-7C9F-430E-82FD-3B74B561B27C.jpeg
And I can comment on Phlizon too. My AC bill went up around $35 a month running a Phlizon 1000 and 2000. The temps in my tent were hard to manage but it was also 100 degrees outside almost daily . I failed to mention in my last post that I was running a SF2000 along with SF1000 when I was achieving $11 increase in AC. Also the spider farmer lights create Almost no heat so your tent stays temp of the room easier than with the Phlizon . Hope this makes sense

I have two varspectra 1000w blurple lights that are working. Under two hundred on Amazon. Also have 1000w mars and a 4ft t5 florescent. The vars are flowering two plants that I harvested last year and over wintered and are flowering again. All the other lights are doing veg. The mars is new but the tomatoes and peppers like it. Hope this helps. All my lights have been under 2 hundred. Canadian.
20200405_101520.jpg

AND the QB , aka spider farmer1000 ( not really a qb but none the less ) is light as a feather . They are smaller , thinner , and weighs a fraction of the blurples ( they have fan motors )
When you are hanging your lights, you’ll be ticked pink you went with a $169 full spectrum almost light . I don’t have the UVB aspect which seems to improve resin increase late bloom. All the blurple style lights are heavy as F!!!!
and you don’t see many folks commenting on electric bill so I guess that doesn’t affect them in the area they live . I’ve heard some ridiculous electric bills .
Since buying my SF QB style boards they have made them better . Just do some research on these specific lights .The other great thing is NO blurple colors, only natural looking light . That’s a big deal to me when opening tent doors in a bedroom with a window.......

Looking to upgrade to a 3x3 tent, any recommendations on a LED/QB light?

The most output in evenly spread PAR light. With the least amount of wattage used. Is what you want. Also quality of light. Adjustable, dimmable. I use Migro 400 for my 3 by 3 and it is more than enough. The new Mars lights are a good option. If it gets too cold a 315 LEC is good also.

Ok I’m tired of reading and this one statement says it all, I Use this in my 3by3
. My electric bill went up $11 a month . And grew this .......Spider Farmer SF-1000 LED Grow Light
Just a Question Ghostwriter, in my 4x4x6 growing 6 plants in 3 gallon pots would i get away with one of these or would u think 2. Keeping in mind im not real wealthy.

So with approval from the finance officer(wife) i splashed out on a HLG 550 V3 Samsung Quantumj Full Sprectrum 3500K LED Board Kit with UV and IR LED's intergrated. Hopefully this will serve my 4x4 well. My next grow will be 420's Bruce Banner, Skywalker OG and Black Widow.

Back
Top Bottom