Best LED for your bang

I've seen the results by Mars, I have no clue who meizhi is.
Meizhi is made by the same people who make Spider Farmer lights. I have 2 600 Watt Meizhi & A 4 light cob in a 4' x 8' x 7' tent & it does real good. Oh, I also have 8 - 28 watt LED spotlights for side lighting. If you only got 1 oz. I wonder if you defoliated the bottom of your plant or topped it. Add some side lighting & you should get better results. You could add 4 - 40 watt 2700 K CFL's (one in each corner) for side lighting. Be sure to defoliate & top & you should get at least 2.5 oz. Top at the 4th node.

Hi all

I am in need of LED as my HPS is way to hot for my environment.

I currently have 2 Mizhie 300 LED for my propagation station so I need something for my 4x4 tent.

I am pretty new to LED's and when I first started everything was compared to W so my 300 are 300 W equiv but pull 130W.
Now I see 3000k and some other talk I dunno about.

I want something reliable but I don't need top of the line.

I was looking at King Plus
Hi all

I am in need of LED as my HPS is way to hot for my environment.

I currently have 2 Mizhie 300 LED for my propagation station so I need something for my 4x4 tent.

I am pretty new to LED's and when I first started everything was compared to W so my 300 are 300 W equiv but pull 130W.
Now I see 3000k and some other talk I dunno about.

I want something reliable but I don't need top of the line.

I was looking at King Plus LED and they show 3000W equiv?? is that right??

thanks all
Muscle Grower. Hi. Take $330. call Eric at LED Lights Depot and order a HLG 260 with latest diodes. You wont be sorry. Can easily flower 2x4 area. I learned thay in 3 gal. pots, 4 smaller autoflowers can go from seed to mason jar in 100 days under this light.

I have the Timber Redwood VS. Its on par with the Fluence SpydrX Plus, which is probably the best light on the market (in my opinion when you compare every measurable spec). The Timber costs $800 and the Fluence costs $1500. The only advantage to the Fluence is you can run it closer to the canopy and still get even coverage.
Sorry mate but "Probably the best light" thats quite a claim.
Ive managed to 3/4 fill a 1m tent with a single auto and pull 22oz using £200 and 500w worth of cheap shit, 10 year old, chinese blurples. If id filled the space properly with a photo it would be been closer to 30oz.
That light says 650w for a 4x4 which is just over a metre.
Cob light is up to 2.5 x as efficient as my blurples. That I cant argue with but.... You ever seen anyone pull 45 oz per metre from that light you spent 800 sheets on? Ever seen anyone pull 30oz per metre with it?
The maths says compared to my blurples it should be able to pull something like 1.5kg per metre.
I call 100% bullshit on the light lol.
Sorry to be a knob mate but you can't make claims like that round here and get away with it lol.
I sound like I'm bragging but honestly I'm not. can point you in the direction of plenty people that can embarrass my yields if you'd like. Know a guy that pulls 800g autos out his arsehole with a £70 HPS light.

i'm near a point where i post " build a qb or cob" automatically when it comes to these "what is the best / most efficient / most cost effective / light threads.

if you haven't built one or the other yet, you will in the future lol.

the local shops here barely even carrying lighting anymore. they just can't sell them, and the best tech is all geared to the diy approach. none of them have single ended mh or hps bulbs. they have to be ordered. the double ended gavita type are pretty available tho.
Bingo! Not done it yet but from 3 years on the forums I'd have to say THAT is the best possible lighting available in terms of bang for your buck or anything else. Going for it this year though! Got 6 x 250w led panels that are all eventually getting a diy upgrade woop woop!

Sorry mate but "Probably the best light" thats quite a claim.
Ive managed to 3/4 fill a 1m tent with a single auto and pull 22oz using £200 and 500w worth of cheap shit, 10 year old, chinese blurples. If id filled the space properly with a photo it would be been closer to 30oz.
That light says 650w for a 4x4 which is just over a metre.
Cob light is up to 2.5 x as efficient as my blurples. That I cant argue with but.... You ever seen anyone pull 45 oz per metre from that light you spent 800 sheets on? Ever seen anyone pull 30oz per metre with it?
The maths says compared to my blurples it should be able to pull something like 1.5kg per metre.
I call 100% bullshit on the light lol.
Sorry to be a knob mate but you can't make claims like that round here and get away with it lol.
I sound like I'm bragging but honestly I'm not. can point you in the direction of plenty people that can embarrass my yields if you'd like. Know a guy that pulls 800g autos out his arsehole with a £70 HPS light.

Good job slaying with a £200 light, especially in the UK where grow space and climate are not ideal. You must be a very experienced, knowledgeable grower. I'm not. Honestly, I couldn't afford to run inefficient lights. 600W running 18 hours a day costs about $80 a month in electricity here.

I'm on track to hit at least 1.5 lb. I'll hit you up if I exceed 30 oz / meter.

Good job slaying with a £200 light, especially in the UK where grow space and climate are not ideal. You must be a very experienced, knowledgeable grower. I'm not. Honestly, I couldn't afford to run inefficient lights. 600W running 18 hours a day costs about $80 a month in electricity here.

I'm on track to hit at least 1.5 lb. I'll hit you up if I exceed 30 oz / meter.
Fair play mate. Can't argue with 1.5 from someone who admits they could do better. That's fuckin good going.
Still doesnt add up with the maths though lol which was more my point. Sorry for being an asshole by the way, I'm a bit funny just now. Not sure what's up with me but getting argumentative now n again.
Suppose my real point though is that a light only really worth what you know how to do with it.
Anything that claims to be the best at something generally isn't.
The companies that are the best in our ganja world have the reputation so don't need to advertise the fact.
Bit like carlsberg, probably not the best beer in the world lol.

Fair play mate. Can't argue with 1.5 from someone who admits they could do better. That's fuckin good going.
Still doesnt add up with the maths though lol which was more my point. Sorry for being an asshole by the way, I'm a bit funny just now. Not sure what's up with me but getting argumentative now n again.
Suppose my real point though is that a light only really worth what you know how to do with it.
Anything that claims to be the best at something generally isn't.
The companies that are the best in our ganja world have the reputation so don't need to advertise the fact.
Bit like carlsberg, probably not the best beer in the world lol.

To be fair, I have not grown anything successfully, so my yield could be 12 oz, or it could be 40oz. I'm only in day 31 of flower (link in my sig). Spider mites could infest my grow tomorrow and I could lose it all. I definitely haven't tested enough lights to say mine is the best. The Redwood is just a plug and play version of a popular DIY setup that growers have been piecing together from the Timber website. The 3 year warranty and over-the-top customer service are nice to have.

see if be willing to give the new quantum style board a shot, i do actually need another qb. how many watts is it though?
It is around 130w. But it can cover 3x3 by veg, and 2.5x2.5 by flower easily. :D Very bright and light efficiency. You can check out here: Mars Hydro TS - 1000

Back
Top Bottom