Big Bud & Blue Blood: Some Side Autos Snow Ryder & Think Big

big bud broke through but i had to help one shed its shell and i think i might be having problems with the other one , seem trapped
P1090948.JPG
P1090957.JPG

the young one think pistols can be seen

P1090952.JPG
P1090953.JPG

P1090940_Small_.JPG

this was my cross breed , think big and maar , looks like a sticky one :)

P1090956.JPG

So today was lovely and mild so i thought to my self , hmmmmmm ill take a walk on the beach get some seaweed and do some extract for the future

I started with the seaweed , rinsed it off ( kelp )

P1090958.JPG

i then melted some molasses into a pot about 4 table spoons

P1090961.JPG

I added some cold water then added about 250 ml of em1 i brewed before Christmas , ( kept this luke warm )

P1090962.JPG

then i added this brew to my seaweed

P1090963.JPG

added two brick on top again for pressure plus added a bit of yeast

P1090964.JPG

then i added my air lock and lid

P1090965.JPG

covered with a black bin liner and put some where warm , after a few weeks ill remove the air lock turn upside down and let the stuff drip into another container

P1090966.JPG

]

i added a couple of bricks to the BOTTOM , this is because i will be turning it upside down after a few week to let it drip and it gives me some pressure

P1090959.JPG

:thumb:

It will be fermented smell , bit like a beer , its nice to spray on leaves keeps pests away :)

Fertilizer. Seaweed has 60 trace minerals and ready-to-use nutrients including nitrogen, potassium, phosphate, and magnesium. It also contains hormones to encourage plant growth. Unlike other garden amendments, such as manure, seaweed does not need to decompose before being a benefit to your garden :)

few update pictures , moved the ebay seeds under the 600w lol i love these fish boxes can use them for so many things

P1090967.JPG
P1090969.JPG
P1090970.JPG
P1090968.JPG
P1090971.JPG

the little ones made it thank goodness , was worried about them

P1090967.JPG
P1090973.JPG
P1090972.JPG

and these two are up one has the seed hull still on it but i dont want to touch it just yet
these will be grown in my new style hydro swick, rockwook hempy kind of thing lol

P1090974.JPG
P1090975.JPG

Those fishmix looks like it ain't for the faint of heart. LoL reminds me of a small town I grew up near to. About 15KM away from my home town called Saldanha, basically the biggest harbour in South Africa, place always smells like smelly smelly fishLoL! Glad your seedling popped brother, hope your day was awesome! Have a good one :passitleft:

mate thanks , i love the sea gives so much FREE nutes to me , i also use crab shells to protect my roots , love making all my stuff my self :)
Definitely brother. I grew up 10-15 minutes away from a bunch of beaches, not all of them was stinky though. I love the idea of using seaweed as nutes, do you crush the crab shells?

Nutty excellent idea. Could you elaborate a bit on the crab and the root protection?

Crab shell is not a fungicide or nematocide. It's a great fertilizer with calcium and some extra benefits not found in other fertilizer products.

Crab shell is high in chitin, which promotes the growth of chitin eating bacteria. The exoskeletons of fungus and harmful varieties of nematodes eggs are high in chitin. When added to the soil, crab shell helps to create a hostile environment for the fungus and root destroying nematodes by feeding the biological life that eats chitin and chitin based organisms.

The chitin in the crabshell stimulates soil organisms to secrete enzymes called chitinases. These enzymes degrade chitin, which is a component of flea egg shells. The presence of chitin in the fertilizer makes it a natural biopesticide that is non-toxic to birds, animals, fish, and plants.

Fertilizing your garden with the use of crab meal can be done on its own or combined with the use of other fertilizers. When combined, the manufacturer usually has their own directions for use. The same it true of crab meal fertilizer by itself. These instructions are unique to the composition of the fertilizer and for the desired application.

For specific vegetable and applications the use for the crab meal will be different. For instance, vegetables should have 5 lbs for each 50 foot row. Other uses include:

mix with compost or till around ground
When sowing the plant you should till the fertilizer into the soil before planting. If the plant is already in the soil, then tilling around the plant or simply spreading it around the base will be sufficient for a successful growing season. This is not a water soluble fertilizer. It must be applied by itself.

Mulching your garden bed has some great benefits. Mulch will hold moisture and keep weeds from starting around the plant. However, it is also useful for helping the crab meal better keep the plant fertilized. Spread the crab meal into the mulch and the time release qualities of it will continually feed the plant. You can also add some crab meal to your compost bin for an added boost in nutrition.

Crab meal makes for a tremendously beneficial organic fertilizer. Its time release quality will not over fertilize your plant, but will give it the nitrogen and protein it needs for beautiful, vibrant, and healthy produce. Use it on your trees, vegetables, or flowers for great results

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom