Bigirishdoode Does Hempy Bag Seed - 2 Liter CFL Fox Farm - Small Closet

Hey bigirishdoode, saw a post of yours saying how far into flower you were so i wanted to check your girls out. They were lookin good on the 26th! They grow quick in flower im curious to see them now.

And that would make me a little uneasy knowing i had left my lights on 2 days. I mean best thing that can happen is they get a nice growth spurt but man all joking aside thats not good i hope this grow turns out fine. Ill try to help any ways i can

i have some i took tonight im about to hit the feathers or i'd post em', they have been growing like mad, im wondering when the stretch will end! lol this is the 3rd run of this strain same lights nutes ,but i changed the medium from soil to coco/pearlite and im seeing a different plant!!!, i vegged for 5 weeks last time, only 3 weeks this time from clone,and these are way bigger already, and have had no ph,or nute issues im 100% sold on coco and hempy!! smoothest grow i have ever had!!:adore::thumb:

ok guys n gals its picture time! i was running out of space so we expanded to 2 areas in the bathroom the closet area1 and tub area2 moved main plants to area2 and will use area1 for clones seedlings and moms if i do moms, when we started this we popped 4 seeds mainly to breed for seed, it may be a bust as 1 has grown into a freaky hermie 1 female and 2 im not sure,like the clones they have been in 12/12 for a little over 3 weeks, i will be ordering my bpn 2 part soon and all will go on the bpn nutes as soon as i get them,im phasing them off the ff stuff, i think the stretch is finally slowing down.... i had a glitch in the past 3 days, the overhead light in the bathroom got left on for 2 days straight not the main grow lights, but the 13 watter thats over head about 6 feet from the plants, ok heres the pics
ud9_120111_10_.jpg
ud9_120111_2_.jpg
ud9_120111_21_.jpg
ud9_120111_17_.jpg
ud9_120111_5_.jpg
ud9_120111_3_.jpg
ud9_120111_20_.jpg
ud9_120111_16_.jpg
ud9_120111_14_.jpg

THat last picture gives me the willies... I left my hermie grow while I picked balls off for 3 weeks. Very labor intensive but it still had a shit load of seeds. Very little yield on that plant also. The only thing that saved my garden was that I put the she-bastard next to the exhaust fan in the cabinet.

Never again, at first sight of a Hermy I am grabbing the cutters next time.

The rest of your garden looks beautiful... There's nothing like pictures of blond hairs on a girls flower :)

Wow!! That is one hell of a hermie!! Mine never showed up til the 5th week of 12/12...And even then it was just a couple random banannas here and there.. Those are some serious nut-sacs there, but along side a few female calyxes with pistils n everything! Crazy...I guess thats due to more of a genetic predisposition than from stress huh? Hope the others dont share her tendancy, with the light exposure you had recently....No biggie though bud, you have a nice grow still:high-five:

Wow!! That is one hell of a hermie!! Mine never showed up til the 5th week of 12/12...And even then it was just a couple random banannas here and there.. Those are some serious nut-sacs there, but along side a few female calyxes with pistils n everything! Crazy...I guess thats due to more of a genetic predisposition than from stress huh? Hope the others dont share her tendancy, with the light exposure you had recently....No biggie though bud, you have a nice grow still:high-five:

yup its a genetic thing it had a herm momma/dad i was kinda expecting it,,im bout ready to throw out all my plants,and wait till i get some decent seeds/genetics, but i need the meds for pain,im just bored with this stuff, its not very impressive at all,never was, i have just been unable to afford or acquire anything decent , so i press on chin up and all that jazz!!:high-five:

ok guys info update,,i finaly went and did it i ordered some seeds! after a long talk with our sponsor BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS mr "c" is one badass mofo!! we chatted it up about all sorts of stuff and he referred me to "Castle seeds" after i placed my order with him (im getting the 2 part bluemax gallons and a quart of liquid blue) i went to castle and this is what i am getting
1x Dutch Passion - Durban Poison - Regular for £3.14 each
1x Emerald Triangle - Royal Purple Kush - Regular for £5.00 each
1x Female - Purple Power - Feminized for £3.91 each
1x Female - Purple Maroc - Feminized for £4.08 each
2x Dutch Passion - Purple #1 - Regular for £2.66 each
1x Female - Fast Nevilles - Feminized for £3.02 each
1x Green House - Diamond Girl - Feminized for £3.65 each
1x Green House - Chemdog - Feminized for £4.70 each
1x Female - White Widow - Feminized for £3.65 each
1x Nirvana - Papaya - Regular for £1.68 each
and i payed for guaranteed delivery too
im so stoked to know i get to play with some good genetics!!!:thumb:

Congrats on the seeds. Looking forward to you growing them. I order from castle many times, good deals and reputable.

it is my first ever seed order and it took me hours to decide and budget and actually get up the nerve, i know iits silly to be that skittish, im legal and all but the old way of thinking will probably never leave me lol i will have to fight the urge to throw out/donate my current girls i cant afford to i so need the meds yesterday lol but i cant wait to get rolling on the new ladies lol any suggestions on what i should germ first?:Namaste::high-five:

ok guys info update,,i finaly went and did it i ordered some seeds! after a long talk with our sponsor BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS mr "c" is one badass mofo!! we chatted it up about all sorts of stuff and he referred me to "Castle seeds" after i placed my order with him (im getting the 2 part bluemax gallons and a quart of liquid blue) i went to castle and this is what i am getting
1x Dutch Passion - Durban Poison - Regular for £3.14 each
1x Emerald Triangle - Royal Purple Kush - Regular for £5.00 each
1x Female - Purple Power - Feminized for £3.91 each
1x Female - Purple Maroc - Feminized for £4.08 each
2x Dutch Passion - Purple #1 - Regular for £2.66 each
1x Female - Fast Nevilles - Feminized for £3.02 each
1x Green House - Diamond Girl - Feminized for £3.65 each
1x Green House - Chemdog - Feminized for £4.70 each
1x Female - White Widow - Feminized for £3.65 each
1x Nirvana - Papaya - Regular for £1.68 each
and i payed for guaranteed delivery too
im so stoked to know i get to play with some good genetics!!!:thumb:

...quoted to get the list on the current page.

As someone new to Strains... I'd be interested in knowing what selection criteria people use when picking seeds. Back in the day we had no seed banks.. If we were lucky enough to get a bag of very good smoke, we kept the seed and planted it. This is what is referred to as Bag Seed today.

I picked my recent selections for my Blue Planet Organic grow based on high THC content and awards not knowing any better. Otherwise it was like throwing darts blindfolded. I have never yet smoked anything with known genetics so maybe when I finish my grow and smoke some known genetics I will understand.

I investigated your list a bit and I see you chose heavily in the purps. I don't see much in high THC % though. Maybe THC% doesn't matter like I thought it does. Do you plan on breeding purps?

Can someone enlighten me as to what they look for when choosing a strain?

i chose purps because i dont need the knock out power of high tch strains, i have smoked white widow,bam bam,white rhino,white shark,and all of those were extremely strong almost to strong for me anyway,and i just love that purple color,i also tried to balance my choices with some indica heavy,sativa heavy,and 50/50 s, because im not sure what i will like/need for my symptoms, i lean towards sativa,but i have insomnia and muscle spasams,so i think a heavy indica would be of use, see i dont smoke all day, i dont like being ripped to the hilt 24/7, so milder strains are fine with me, oh and no one here has ever seen purples, or any high quality strains that i know of anyway, i know what you are saying about being new to these genetics till i grow these seeds i too have never grown a known strain as far as i know, i just read the descriptions and went for what sounded good/useful, so thats my reasoning good ,bad,or indifferent ,thanks for the question brother:thanks::thumb:

There are alot of thought that should go into the selection of your seeds IMO

~Some marijuana seeds are engineered to be grown indoors, some seeds outdoors.
~Beginner or experienced - Some strains of marijuana are much harder to grow than others. Similarly, some have been engineered to be easy to grow, resistant to pests and can handle a lot more stress. The less experienced the grower, the more important it is to choose an easy strain to grow.
~Size of grow area - indica/sativa, hybrids or ruderalis.
~What type of stone/ high are you looking for - There are two basic types: the first is a ‘body stone’ that knocks you down and holds you there, which is synonymous with Indicas. A second type of stone is a trippy cerebral high, often associated with Sativas.
~Is taste important for you - Some strains have a unique flavor such as grapefruit, blueberry, etc
~Potency (THC content), yeild and overal time you are willing to wait for your crop.
~Medical value i.e. CBD content - THCV %
~Oder controll some strains smell alot more then others.

Takes me a wile to select my strains but it all comes down to your personal needs! I also select seeds to widen my experience and knowledge.

Just wanted to input, hope you dont mind BID :peace:

Thanks for the input on seed selection... many things I did not know and now am glad I do. They will come in handy when choosing in the future.

I have never before had choice in what I smoke. It was whatever was available at the time. Some was better than others.

I can't smoke before evening... After a couple hours I need a nap. Being ripped 24/7 used to be the norm at one time in my life. It scares me that I could fall into that again.

I just love the pics I have seen of purp. Looks like you are going to have a colorful garden!

Back
Top Bottom