Black Kush From Clone, LED, Coco

Day 9
well things look a little better
still not great
fed this mornings feed with just ro water and some michorizza PH at about 6.0
things seemed to perk up by tonight
might be overfeeding or something
dropped normal feeds to 300 ppm and 5.8 PH
if they look better tomorrow going to start bending the tops over with some LST and try and get an even canopy....somehow

Something just isn't right here man, what made them stretch so much with very little growth on bottom node before stretching more in the first place?:hmmmm:

In those pictures, you have a very dark (almost purple) stem.. is that genetics? It’s common for that to happen, but the purplish stem accompanied with other symptoms... I’m wondering if she’s low on phosphorus:hmmmm: just a thought, maybe?...

Day 10
ya the stretch is pretty crazy, and they got defoled just before they came to me, was def some growth on the stems that was clipped off
and that purpling is terrible i know!! but when i tried to give some more phosphorous things just got worse
well shit can't get much worse......decided to start lst, see if they do any better or something, also going to start some auto seeds, only have till dec for a grow!!

To be honest bro! I don’t think LST is going to help anything at this particular time. Your plants are stressed out, enough as it is. After a better examination of the recent pictures you posted. I strongly suggest action needs to be taken or you will lose those plants.

I would recommend giving them an immediate flush of clean water, with close to three times the amount of soil or coco you have the plant growing in. I know your growing in those pots. But do your best to pour slow and try directly in the centre letting the water works it’s way out. You need to wash away the built up nutrients/ salt build up in the roots. She’s having a nutrient lockout I bet. Once she dries out really well then hit her again with piper ph’d water with the right amount of nutrients. Maybe even dialed down a tad.

Solution For Cannabis Phosphorus Deficiency
1.) Adjust pH to Correct Range
Your cannabis plant may show signs of a phosphorus deficiency if the pH at the roots is not in the right range. That is because when the pH of your root zone is off, your cannabis cannot properly absorb phosphorus through its roots. Therefore the first step is to ensure that you have the correct pH for your growth medium. Learn more about pH and cannabis.
Phosphorus is best absorbed by cannabis in soil at a root pH of 6.2 – 7.0. Phosphorus is best absorbed by cannabis in hydro at a root pH of 5.5 – 6.2. If you believe you have a cannabis phosphorus deficiency, it’s important to check the pH of your root zone to make sure the deficiency isn’t caused by the pH being too high or too low.
If you suspect your growing cannabis plant has a phosphorus deficiency, flush your system with clean, pH’d water that contains a regular dose of cannabis-friendly nutrients that includes phosphorus. This will remove any nutrient salts that may be affected the uptake of phosphorus and help restore pH to the proper levels.
  • In soil, phosphorus is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 – 7.0 pH range (in soil, it’s generally recommended to keep the pH between 6.0 – 7.0, but phosphorus specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2 and below 7.0)
  • In hydro, phosphorus is best absorbed by the roots in the 5.5 – 6.2 pH range (in hydro, it’s generally recommended to keep the pH between 5.5 – 6.5, but phosphorus specifically tends to be best absorbed below 6.2)

2.) Take Good Care of the Roots
Wet, compact soil or overwatering can trigger a phosphorus deficiency to appear even when all other factors are perfect. So make sure you water your plants properly every time to help prevent a phosphorus deficiency.

3.) Provide the Right Temperature
Cooler temperatures lower than 60°F (15°C), as well as large temperature swings, can make it harder for the plant to absorb phosphorus. Cannabis plants are therefore more likely to show signs of a phosphorus deficiency when the temperature drops too low, or if they go through a cold spell.
Cannabis likes a comfortable room temperature (they like about the same temperatures as we do).
Read the cannabis temperature tutorial

4.) Give the Right Nutrients
Most growers have actually already given plenty of phophorus to their cannabis plants since it is found abundantly in quality soil and cannabis-friendly nutrients. However, even if you are giving phosphorus, it’s important to give your cannabis the right ratio of nutrients.
An excess of Fe and Zn may cause the symptoms of a phosphorus deficiency by preventing the plant from being able to absorb phosphorus properly. If you believe there may be a buildup of nutrient salts in your growing medium (or if you are growing in hydro and have not recently flushed or changed your reservoir) you should make sure it’s not an excess of other nutrients that is actually causing the phosphorus deficiency to appear. Flush your plant thoroughly with properly pH’ed water containing a regular dose of cannabis nutrients including phosphorus, or completely change your reservoir if you believe that an excess of nutrient salts may be causing the phosphorus deficiency.
Sources of phosphorus:
  • Bat guano (phosphorus is readily available, especially if made into a teat)
  • Bone or blood meal (takes quite a bit of time to break down in soil unless made into a tea first)
  • Worm castings or worm tea
  • Soft Rock Phosphate
  • Fish meal
  • Crabshell
  • Most cannabis-friendly “bloom” or “flowering” nutrients contain high levels of phosphorus to aid in flower production, and phosphorus from a liquid nutrient is one of the most readily available forms of phosphorus you can provide to your cannabis plants
If you’ve tried everything else, then you may try adding a higher percentage of phosphorus to your feeding schedule and see if that helps clear up the problem for your plant. Cannabis plants love phosphorus, and therefore it is unlikely that you will give your cannabis too much phosphorus.
Most nutrient systems that are formulated for a plant like cannabis will carry and abundance of phosphorus, especially in budding/flowering formulas, so it is unlikely that you will see signs of a phosphorus deficiency before other nutrient problems when using nutrient systems formulated for cannabis (as long as you keep your root pH in the correct range and prevent the plants from getting cold or being overwatered). If you’ve got very high powered lights, or if your plants are growing in direct sunlight, they may be going through a lot more phosphorus in the flowering stage than average and may need you to provide extra phosphorus to make sure buds get as big as they could be.

Sorry for the long reply.

Back
Top Bottom