Black Kush From Clone, LED, Coco

Your plants look pretty big for those pots. I would recommend maybe let them dry out a bit and transplant when you can.

Are you growing in coco or soil?

Yes perlite should be added 50/50 to soil and at least 60/40 perlite in coco. I know people that swear that coco doesn’t need perlite as it has such great drainage compounds in it already. They put about an inch or so of washed gravel in the bottom of the pot to prevent water from sitting in the bottom of the pot and boom away they grow. I was going to try that this past grow but I said to the hell with it and just added perlite.
ya i thought they looked pretty big for what they are in, but still wet in there after 3 days!! and ya going into perlite/coco mix might try some hydroton at the bottom, but i have these sweet bags and the raised tile things on the trays

Why arent you feeding them anything mate?
They're now in full on pH lock out due to the amount of crystallised nutes in the mix. Can tell by the mad Def in the mid growth. Your pH is way too high.

Need to run plenty weak nutes through them or they're gonna die.
The roots are struggling man that's why they look like shit.
"Healthy roots , healthy fruits " :)

I sound a bit drastic but if you insist on letting them dry out I will actually post a big smiley face when they die :)
haven't fed anything since i got them, today is day 3, just the initial flush i did to them with about 4l ro water ph to 5.8
guy i got them from said his PH was around 6.0 little high i think for soiless

so still the debate whether to transplant or feed .... :(
No debate necessary, your plants don’t look happy, being in such small containers the roots probably more then likely, aren’t happy. Plant has gone into a lockout situation. I would say the sooner you transplant and give a flush, the better. Once it dries out for a day or two, You need to get some nutrients to feed them. Coco has no additional nutrients in with it, so it is a must, to have a good feeding regimen with nutrients.

No debate necessary, your plants don’t look happy, being in such small containers the roots probably more then likely, aren’t happy. Plant has gone into a lockout situation. I would say the sooner you transplant and give a flush, the better. Once it dries out for a day or two, You need to get some nutrients to feed them. Coco has no additional nutrients in with it, so it is a must, to have a good feeding regimen with nutrients.
Thanks all for the tips!!
I realized I have to do something, just finished transplanting to 3g
Put a little michoriza on the small amt of roots that were showing, just mixing up some nutes right now
I already flushed them when I got them, but will feed till runoff
Pics to follow soonish
Thanks again!!

well xplant done
washed all the perlite i had as its the small stuff and i heard it can get muddy, did about a 30/70 mix perlite to coco
in 3 gallon airpots from china
watered till runoff, which was only about 2L each
RO water i got from the grocery store
PPM 220 PH 5.7
1ML each of
Advanced Nutrients coco part A+B veg food
B52
Voodoo juice
2.5ml of calmend from dutch nutrients
and 0.3ml of root excelurator
per 4L
didnt get them buried as far as i wanted to, as the bottom of these pots are kind of shallow

thanks for the help!
now to try and drown them everyday!!!! i can't wait!

Subbed!
pots still wet as fuck
How did the roots look on transplant?
pretty sure rooted pots need watering everyday
Only in coco, not in soil or soil-less (like ProMix)
give a really good flush with clean ph’d water and create a good feeding regimen after they dry out.
Just for the future, you don't need to pH the flush water. If you're in coco, just pH the last water you put through, with the nutes in it.

Let's see them recover now!

Subbed!

How did the roots look on transplant?

Only in coco, not in soil or soil-less (like ProMix)

Just for the future, you don't need to pH the flush water. If you're in coco, just pH the last water you put through, with the nutes in it.

Let's see them recover now!
Here's hoping!
Roots looked ok, some small circling on 3 of the plants and one showing no roots out the bottom....I forgot to take pics and mark which one
And good to know about the phing of coco flush

Thank you sir! Well noted! Absolutely makes sense.

Thanks man
I don't like em that much, water seems to channel and run out the holes on the side messing with my runoff readings
Gonna try these 5g radicle bags next

That actually makes a lot of sense. Before I went to cloth pots I had my plant in a 5 gal bucket and drilled 4 holes on each side of the bucket to allow more oxygen to the roots. When I watered it constantly ran through the holes. I ended up covering them up with tape. Never heard of radical bags, I looked them up, and they look awesome! I may look into getting one of those as well! :thumb:

Day 5
well no change yet really, but didnt get any worse yet!!
feeding twice a day 200 ppm 5.7 ph
runoff is reading 600 ppm and 6.0 ph
temp 25c
rh 45%
and on 18/6 light cycle now

front right and back left showing deficiency of calmag? maybe phosphorous??

weird ass dark green veins seem to be on all the plants, but yellowish spotting only on these two, hope they clear up and perk up soon, if not ill up the nutes by 50%

might just be to much happened to these ladies at the same time?
moved from across the city, big defol, nute swap and transplant, all within a few days?

Wowzers yeah, it’s ideal to give time in between trying new things with your plants. That way you can see how they react to said thing. You try too many things at once, you won’t know what caused what, and how to counter act on it.

They do look to be starved on nutes, the only thing that would really effect the plant is the nutrient swap. Other then that they should have been fine. Up the nutes a bit next feeding and go from there.

Looks overwatered to me!
to me too!!! just dont get how, they in coco/perlite mix!!! thought it couldnt be done!
They probably need way less nutes than you might think..
ya, they were on 900 PPM before they came to me, but were in some kind of soiless mix, i think it was HP promix with vermiculite and perlite
i had them on 200 PPM just to flush em out, now hittin hard with the calmag so its at about 580

maybe the twice a day feeding isnt for me??
i did make up 15L of nutes and let it sit for a few days in a bucket, maybe ill get an airstone for it

Back
Top Bottom