Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

It's great your learning about growing this fickle plant. I'd pick a line (cal/mag brand, ect) of nutes and only buy their products. Mixing different lines can cause isdues with over/under feeding. Don't just throw everything you find at your plants or soil. Get a plan (fox farm, advanced nutes, ect) and you will be far more successful. But you moving the correct way. Great job.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

While I generally will agree with sticking with a single line of nutes, I believe Cal-Mag is an exception. MANY of the leading brands do not carry a Cal-Mag supplement (that I'm aware of!). For example, I don't believe Fox Farm, which you mentioned, even has a Cal-Mag, and I'm not aware of one from Dutch Masters, either, etc.

While I generally will agree with sticking with a single line of nutes, I believe Cal-Mag is an exception. MANY of the leading brands do not carry a Cal-Mag supplement (that I'm aware of!). For example, I don't believe Fox Farm, which you mentioned, even has a Cal-Mag, and I'm not aware of one from Dutch Masters, either, etc.
Also tea, bat poop, ect. I agree Ca/Mg is a neutral item. I was just adding caution about mixing soil and such. But good call, sometimes I come across differently then I would like.

Ok, it should be fine. I'd brew it with an air stone then water with it myself. It looks to be a good setup.

Here's an interesting little bit of knowledge for you about bat guano, which is a great fertilizer for MMJ...

There are basically two things at the bottoms of the caves where they collect bat guano: Bat sh!t and the carcasses of dead, rotting bats. The Phosphorous in the guano comes from the dead bats! :thedoubletake:

The NPK ratios of guano will vary based on the amount and level of decomposition of the dead bats. There is very little Potassium in guano since most of this gets leached away in the cave.

You'll never look at guano the same way again! :)

:Namaste:

Ok, it should be fine. I'd brew it with an air stone then water with it myself. It looks to be a good setup.

Agree! Brew with airstone, water AND foliar! ;)

What do u mean by brew with an air stone? what is this? I'm with my plants right now and was doin a soil mix setup so if u cud let me no as soon as poss. Tht wud b really helpful so I'm Guna hold off on doin the soil mixture till I hear back from u

What do u mean by brew with an air stone? what is this? I'm with my plants right now and was doin a soil mix setup so if u cud let me no as soon as poss. Tht wud b really helpful so I'm Guna hold off on doin the soil mixture till I hear back from u

[video=youtube;DqtD3DZV9iM]
[/video]

Awesome thanx a lot man tht was super helpful very informative I'm guna start brewing my own tea 2morrow as soon as I go get more RO now since I'm using RO shud I also use cal-mag in it wen makn the tea?? or no?

Awesome thanx a lot man tht was super helpful very informative I'm guna start brewing my own tea 2morrow as soon as I go get more RO now since I'm using RO shud I also use cal-mag in it wen makn the tea?? or no?

You don't need to add Cal-Mag to the tea, although, I don't think it would hurt anything. The objective of brewing the tea is to breed the microbial life that's already in the guano. Brewing will essentially amplify that little bag of microbial life and turn it into the equivalent of MANY bags of microbial life. It's the microbes that break down the nutrients in the soil and turn it into a form that's usable by the plants. You want your soil populated with lots of beneficial microbes for optimum health. And, the more beneficials, the tougher it is for the bad microbes (like pythium, etc.) to compete. You can always add the Cal-Mag on the next watering/feeding.

So with my tea mix shud I brew it overnite or is tht2 much time 2 brew it or does it work better the longer u brew it??

Yes, brew from 12-48 hours, or according to directions on package. It's a good idea to add some unsulfered blackstrap molasses to help feed the microbes, especially if you'll be brewing for a longer time.

20160826_001952.jpg

Jus a close up of sum bud action I got going on I very nice pungent smell is coming off of her n red hairs r poping up everywhere

Do not PH foliar spray. Mix and spray. Spray under soft lighting because strong light will burn wet leafs with salts on them and there are salts in your spray.

So wud my mars hydro led box b considered strong or soft light thn??
And since I don't have 2 ph balance my spray DOES THT mean I can use it for both my setups hydro and soil

You should apply foliars just before lights on or just before lights off at temps under 80*F. Add a wetting agent, such as a drop or two of dish soap. Raise lights to avoid burning plants and avoid spraying lights with water.

While I have seen it done, I'd be careful about compost teas in hydro. I've seen nasty stuff growing reservoirs from people who've tried, but have also seen it done with success. Personally, I try to avoid organics in hydro.

I feel like you've had so many issues that you should maybe just try and simplify...

All you need is a basic feeding formula and avoid all these additives, organic and foliar sprays.

Stick to controlling temperature, pH and a simple 3 part feeding formula.

Back
Top Bottom