BlazinThat - Soil - Woody Harrelson Kush - 2013

Beautiful drawing :)!

I will look at the can specs and see if it works. Thanks

Edit: the filter is 450 cfm for scrubbing and it says to divide by 2 for exhaust, which is 225.
For exhaust, that 265 is just about perfect, and that's what it would be... The can would be scrubbing the exhaust. They want a higher CFM for a recirc scrubber, because the air has to move twice as fast to keep the smell down inside the cab, vs. a -neg pressure exhaust fan. That's perfect!

I would get a fan rated closer to the filters cfm rating.

The 265 is too small for that filter. I think they mean divide the fan cfm by 2
Note... it's being used for EXHAUST in the example plan above. remember 265 out means ~265 in... yeah, it'll be a little tiny bit unbalanced, but that will create a -neg pressure enviro inside, keeping the smell in, and scrubbing the air as it is pulled out. you want the slower flow to treat the air better as it passes through the filter ((just once)) and to the outside, rather than passing through the fan several times, over and over in a recirculation scenario.

Thanks Shotta. But I got a stupid question, how do I know what npk ratios to use? I'm so use to synthetic telling me that I don't think for myself.

I assume I want npks more towards the flowering side of things since that's when most of the supersoil will be used, but I'm also wondering how high or low I should go, I know sub uses a 3-16-0 fish bone meal but I can only find 3-18-0 without having to pay 12 bucks for shipping. Do I just use less in my mix?

Man I feel like an ultra noob, sorry for all the questions.

I think its close enough t use the same but if it makes you feel better use a tiny bit less, not much. Dont worry about asking questions there all good ones and theres lots of us here to help.

Thanks guys! Saturday I will have pictures up after I redo the room.

I took a small peak and the buds are swelling and I can see a nice frost starting, but my leafs look horrible still. Idk where it went wrong but I started 2 Auto AK48s to fall back on.

For exhaust, that 265 is just about perfect, and that's what it would be... The can would be scrubbing the exhaust. They want a higher CFM for a recirc scrubber, because the air has to move twice as fast to keep the smell down inside the cab, vs. a -neg pressure exhaust fan. That's perfect!

Note... it's being used for EXHAUST in the example plan above. remember 265 out means ~265 in... yeah, it'll be a little tiny bit unbalanced, but that will create a -neg pressure enviro inside, keeping the smell in, and scrubbing the air as it is pulled out. you want the slower flow to treat the air better as it passes through the filter ((just once)) and to the outside, rather than passing through the fan several times, over and over in a recirculation scenario.

Thanks for clarifying and that makes perfect sense. I started with a tent and I used one fan for exhausting, scrubbing, and cooling the lights and that was a 450 cfm fan. But I now see that it is two fans inside not just the one.

Thanks Shotta. But I got a stupid question, how do I know what npk ratios to use? I'm so use to synthetic telling me that I don't think for myself.

I assume I want npks more towards the flowering side of things since that's when most of the supersoil will be used, but I'm also wondering how high or low I should go, I know sub uses a 3-16-0 fish bone meal but I can only find 3-18-0 without having to pay 12 bucks for shipping. Do I just use less in my mix?

Man I feel like an ultra noob, sorry for all the questions.

Here is the thing with organics, you can use any variance of amendments and amounts but the amounts will determine cooking time and
strength. I personally would not even worry about the differnce from 3-16-0 to 3-18-0.

When you make your first batch dont be afraid to add extra goodies to it. this is why I reduce some of the ingredients so I can introduce a wider variety of food in the soil.

If you want I will post my current mix up on my journal for you to copy.

Organics is very forgiving and you will like the results I am sure.

Here is the thing with organics, you can use any variance of amendments and amounts but the amounts will determine cooking time and
strength. I personally would not even worry about the differnce from 3-16-0 to 3-18-0.

When you make your first batch dont be afraid to add extra goodies to it. this is why I reduce some of the ingredients so I can introduce a wider variety of food in the soil.

If you want I will post my current mix up on my journal for you to copy.

Organics is very forgiving and you will like the results I am sure.

Awesome thanks, yeah you can post it here or on yours im subbed anyway, I got my list of ingredients started but I'm still searching for more that could be needed, im also looking out for redundant stuff that I don't need and shouldn't waste money.

It's going to be expensive to get started and I want to buy everything up front at once.

It has ended up being cheaper for me. My batch in flower is actually recycled supersoil second run and it is coming along nicely. so that tray literally only cost for two bags of roots and a bag of worm castings.

That's what I'm hoping for, expensive to start but cheaper in the long run. Kinda like LED. I'm looking at 100-120 to start but I also need another light and fan for when I give my borrowed gifts back.

So I'm wondering, if I have a fan for just lights and one for just a filter can I run those 2 lines into 1 line because I have only one exhaust port?

I assume 2 400cfm fans meeting at one 6in port might not work due to the pressure.

So not a really good update after 4 weeks of flowering but from a post I saw from Buck I think I screwed the pooch with my high N in flowering and no flush to remove it, then when I had my potassium issue it locked N out completely and now its just down hill. Guess I'm still learning.
Yes I know my room should be white but its a work in progress, I still need to add more electrical outlets and make sure my heat won't be a problem, I have a few challenges to over come before its excellent.
20130928_165916.jpg

20130928_165834.jpg

20130928_165814.jpg

20130928_172149.jpg

20130928_172122.jpg

20130928_172103.jpg

20130928_172032.jpg

20130928_172015.jpg

20130928_171913.jog

20130928_164359.jog

20130928_164352.jpg

20130928_164340.jpg

20130928_155858.jpg

20130928_155849.jpg

20130928_155836.jpg

So I just found out when I got this cutting it was in miracle grow, I'm wondering if it had nutrients in it and that could cause my issues as I was watering. Would explain the high N.

well my ladie is almost finished, looks like it's going to be down this week. not a happy grow but I think I found my issues and hope to correct them.

I'm staying away from synthetics and trying to go organic. right now I'm going to start getting my mix ready for my next photoperiods since I have autos going now.

I'm going to do 14gal of soil, I have a mix of FFOF and Light Warrior(might have to add some roots organic)and to that I'm going to add each of the following:
EWC
Soft Rock Phosphate
Gypsum
Calcium Carbonate
Alfalfa Meal
Kelp Meal
Mycos
Azomite

im learning teas atm so I will be substituting those in as well. Hopefully I have everything for my soil to cook, anyone have any opinions on my mix?

I also have boom guano but I don't know if I should add that or maybe some high n guano to my mix? maybe I will just use them in tea, hmmmm.

I was thinking the same thing about adding the high N and bloom guano's into the medium.
But decided to use them in teas separately.
I'm no organic expert at all, and I'm just learning about organics as well, but that mix you listed sounds pretty darn good!
Excited to watch this grow.
Love how everyone is diving into organics and ss now.
So much better for us and the plants.
:thumb:

Thanks for the advice guys, there's more I want to add but money is tight so I will save those for another grow and just try and learn the teas and how to tell what my plants need.

I'm just waiting for a few things to arrive then I will mix and cook my soil.

Back
Top Bottom