Boo’s First Sponsored Grow: Featuring Atreum Lighting’s Hydra x2!

The specs you posted show that the Atreums are heavier. That might an issue for someone with any kind of body pain (like I am today) especially in the upper body, obviously..
You are correct Hashgirl! It seems like a significant difference, which is why I plan to weigh them. :cheesygrinsmiley: you are also right about trying to hang heavy lights. I've been trying to figure out a simple way to set them up and easily adjust throughout the grow too. It's a work in progress.

Babies! :goof: the Dosido had her helmet stuck on her head for a while. I fear she may have some membrane still stuck on her though. She's the back left.
PXL_20210318_173522529.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210318_173929774.jpg

Sure looks like there's something there....I'm thinking I should help that off but I'm not really sure how. :hmmmm:

EDIT: Fixed it!
PXL_20210318_174441815.jpg

Congrats on the babies! Normally I'd say put water drops on it every 5 minutes for a while and then try to slide it off, but since there is a gap between the cots it might be easier to slice with a really sharp exacto blade (and excellent eyesight) when it's dry.
I did do that (water) and that what helped me to see the membrane. I ran the very edge of my trimmers between the gap and it popped right off. Fingers crossed there is no damage! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Fashionably late......:kisstwo:

I just wet them and then scratch them off gently with my fingernail. I haven't damaged one yet.
Not the preferred method by any means.

Congrats on the sponsorship,Boo!!
And the new tent too. I need me one of those bad boys.

Fashionably late......:kisstwo:

I just wet them and then scratch them off gently with my fingernail. I haven't damaged one yet.
Not the preferred method by any means.

Congrats on the sponsorship,Boo!!
And the new tent too. I need me one of those bad boys.
Hi VG! :welcome: and thanks for coming by!

I have no nails after this past weekend - just glad I could see there was something else there!

Thanks. I'm super excited about the sponsorship and the tent! Maybe one day our Gorilla sponsor will give some away....

Looking forward to seeing you here! :love:

:ciao: Hi all! Today I weighed my current lights and the sweet Atreum Hydras. I weighed both of them with their power cord because my lights don't look like separating the power cord is possible (which is a down check in my book) and I want to be fair. The Atreum lights - whose power cord is easily detachable - seem to have a cord that is slightly smaller in diameter than my current ones - which I appreciate since I feel like I'm battling with the cords on my current lights - they are bulky and heavy. Okay - on to the weights.... These are goofy pics since I was standing on the scale and trying to keep the lights safe in my arms while taking a picture, lol! Here goes. This is my current light which states that it is 2.77 pounds:
My weight:
PXL_20210318_162024575.jpg

My weight holding the light:
PXL_20210318_162136864.jpg

My math in public thinks this light weighs about 4.4 lbs vice 2.77 listed. Perhaps that is the weight without the controls and drivers? Here is my weight again (lost a little running back and forth doing this!):
PXL_20210318_163122629.PORTRAIT.jpg

And here is my weight with the Atreum Hydra:
PXL_20210318_163153450.PORTRAIT.jpg

Rough math in public here shows that the Atreum Hydra is 4 pounds, which is pretty close to their 4.3 listed. Based on this loose scientific experiment, I would say that they are approximately the same weight. I think my next update will include moving Miss Chocodope (carefully) into the new tent under the Atreum Lights to check LUX.
Hopefully this made sense and isn't flawed. It was the safest and easiest way I could think of to experiment! :peace:

:ciao: Hi all! Today I weighed my current lights and the sweet Atreum Hydras. I weighed both of them with their power cord because my lights don't look like separating the power cord is possible (which is a down check in my book) and I want to be fair. The Atreum lights - whose power cord is easily detachable - seem to have a cord that is slightly smaller in diameter than my current ones - which I appreciate since I feel like I'm battling with the cords on my current lights - they are bulky and heavy. Okay - on to the weights.... These are goofy pics since I was standing on the scale and trying to keep the lights safe in my arms while taking a picture, lol! Here goes. This is my current light which states that it is 2.77 pounds:
My weight:

My weight holding the light:

My math in public thinks this light weighs about 4.4 lbs vice 2.77 listed. Perhaps that is the weight without the controls and drivers? Here is my weight again (lost a little running back and forth doing this!):

And here is my weight with the Atreum Hydra:

Rough math in public here shows that the Atreum Hydra is 4 pounds, which is pretty close to their 4.3 listed. Based on this loose scientific experiment, I would say that they are approximately the same weight. I think my next update will include moving Miss Chocodope (carefully) into the new tent under the Atreum Lights to check LUX.
Hopefully this made sense and isn't flawed. It was the safest and easiest way I could think of to experiment! :peace:

It made perfect sense to me and I gotta admit, I'm a little envious of your weight. :love:

so perhaps I didn’t bury them deep enough...?
I’ve become very careful (think OCD) about planting seeds. I actually measure the germinated seed and make a hole twice it’s length. I haven’t had any “helmet heads” since.

Congrats on the new gear, Boo! And the babies! And kudos on the brilliant methodology used for weighing the lights!

I'd like to sit in on this. Do you have a neat person's section?

I'd like to steer clear of the popcorn droppers and those releasing sticky substances. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom