Quick little update got to the tent today and damn!
The growth exploded cranking up the XS1500 Pro’s to 75%!
Today is officially the last day of veg!
The lights will go off at 3am
They won’t come back on until 7pm tomorrow.
From there the lights will be on from 7pm to 7am
And we will be day 1 into 12/12

IMG_4434.jpeg

I also got my irrometers primed and Into my soil beds they seem to be working pretty well as far as I can tell.

When I dry off the tip the needle jumps toward the dry side of the gauge.
Putting it into the bed it’s showing about 10.
Meaning we’re perfectly where we want to be maybe a tad on the wetter side but that’s ok because that means I don’t have to water and I would have had it not been for that meter to tell me it didn’t need it just yet.

IMG_4435.jpeg

So far it’s already paying off.

For comparison the other bed in the 4x3 is far more dry and the meter accurately reflects that.

I honestly think these things are going to help deliver some killer grows watering has been my biggest issue.
As noob as that sounds it’s true.

This should at the very least give me an idea of what is happening with the moisture and teach me to find that rhythm.

Anyway more work to do in the garden just took a smoke break I’ll have more pics another update as well as the water testing that @Keffka asked about

Thanks for stopping by

Seeing the buds pop out is the most exciting time! :yahoo: Those tools are cool and helpful!
Thank you! 🙏🏽 I’m very excited for this grow and very excited to be using the XS 1500 Pro (Thank you again)

I have another soil bed I plan to journal as well with 2 XS2000’s
Apparently I can’t get enough of your lights 🤣
Thanks for your support! Don't forget to @ us when you start! :kiss:

Seeing the buds pop out is the most exciting time! :yahoo:
It really is! This is a pretty quick flowering strain so it shouldn’t be too long until buds are popping!
Those tools are cool and helpful!
Yes I’m hoping they can be major game changers in my garden we will see.
For now I’m just using them as a way to check if my own observations are correct.
Thanks for your support! Don't forget to @ us when you start! :kiss:
Absolutely!
It’s very easy to support quality products with superb customer support!

Hello & Welcome​

Sunday came and as it did it brought with it 6 hours of darkness.
Officially marking the first day of flower for the 2x4.

IMG_4449.jpeg

Going in to flower they underwent 16 hours of darkness. The lights originally went off at 3am they didn't come back on until 7pm later that day.
Once the lights came on our 7pm on to 7am off started and won't be altered.

The swamp cooler came in and is set up to turn on when the temp of the garage goes above 82 degrees.
With the tents coming on at night it currently isn't needed, for now. During the day when it reaches 100+ degrees I'm sure it will run throughout the day and maybe? at night when everything is running full blast, but we'll address that when we get there.
I wasn't able to do it Sunday but Monday Day 2 of 12/12 I gave a very strategic defoil.
I had already lollipopped and did a bit prior, so it wasn't much more to do, and I only needed to take any overlapping and leaves that were blocking any tops.

IMG_4450.jpeg

I am thrilled with the way the net is "filled" and so I tucked or moved rather a branch or 2 to provide better spacing between incoming buds but as far as tucking to keep things level or "scrogg" it, I'm not.

IMG_4452.jpeg

IMG_4453.jpeg

I love the way the canopy looks! Its pretty even throughout and this is "Suzanne".
The Purple Bubba Kush from my first grow that I loved. She doesn't stretch too much or for too long so I should be good to let her do her thing and use the net as support only.
With the canopy not so overcrowded I'm excited to see how the buds on these 3 develop since they have fewer to grow and develop than in the past.

IMG_4455.jpeg

IMG_4456.jpeg

I gave a gal of Dr.Zymes yesterday to try and combat gnats but to no avail. Im going to purchase a beneficial insect pack from BaS to introduce to my soil beds and hopefully rid them from the garage once and for all as well as keep them in check going further.
They should also help with the breakdown of some organic matter so that shouldn't be overlooked either.

The lights are still at 75% and I will turn them up to 100% as buds start to set in. For now the plants are loving what they are getting and I am thrilled with these lights myself!
Temps are actually a little harder to keep up because they do run much cooler than my previous lights.

IMG_4458.jpeg

The irrometers are working and showing that I should be watering tomorrow. So I will mix up a solution for the beds tomorrow and spray them in with the new Chapin sprayer I got. It works so much better giving me an even spray and much quicker as well. Its solid well built and doesnt clog! So much more effective and efficient!

IMG_4463.jpeg

Working in the garden has become a breeze! I'm starting to enjoy it so much more than I already did because it's not always chaos and the work is no longer complex chemistry rather tending to plants. I'm thrilled with this grow so far and just by looking into the tent its obvious this is my best grow so far before the buds even start!
It just looks so much better! Its so much more thought out and deliberate and the results show!
I cant wait to see what the future holds!

IMG_4462.jpeg

Anyway I think thats all for now.
Keffka I havent forgotten about you and the info. 18 hour work days have been brutal!

As always thank you for your time and thanks for stopping by!

The plants are thriving :thumb: Hope the spray is effective for repelling gnats. Nice weekend lootznbootz😊

The plants are thriving :thumb: Hope the spray is effective for repelling gnats. Nice weekend lootznbootz😊
Thank you! I’m thrilled with the way things are going!

The beneficial insects should be delivered sometime today!

I sprayed with neem oil the other day and will detail it in my next update.

So much going on right now and plenty more to looks forward to!

They look beautiful under those fantastic @ViparSpectra 1500's.:yahoo:
Growing well and loving life.
Hope you have a great weekend my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Damn Lootz! Just a few month ago we had similar grow styles. But now, WOW!
The plants look great. Looking forward to seeing how this goes! :Rasta:

Damn Lootz! Just a few month ago we had similar grow styles. But now, WOW!
The plants look great. Looking forward to seeing how this goes! :Rasta:
Indeed there’s been a lot of change lately!
I couldn’t be happier with everything.

Those first 2 grows really set the stage for all of this.
They knocked the rust off.
NOW. I feel like I’m right where I left off years ago had I not stopped.

This was always the desired method for me just took some time getting here.

Im super stoked to see how this plays out!

Hello & Welcome :ganjamon: :welcome:

So, today's update is on Pest Management.

I have been battling with fungus gnats since I opened my first bag of soil.
I should have returned the bag the moment I noticed they were in the soil prior to planting my seeds.
Its spread plant to plant, tent to tent now for generations now.

I've done just about everything in response with mixed results.
I think my biggest problem has been not finishing them off when I've gotten them on the ropes. Slowly but surely, they make their way back eventually.

My latest bit of moves were considered when I purchased the soil, but timing caused me to hold off a bit.
I needed to ensure that both beds were in place and alive.
The 4x3 has a cover crop going and I'm expecting plants to be transplanted into that tent Sunday.

IMG_4475.jpeg

There is a minimal presence of FG in the 4x3 but the 4x2 is full on infested. Which is expected considering that's where all the life is at right now.
So, to once and for all put an end to this constant struggle and bring some balance to my ecosystem I purchased a beneficial insect pack. It was always in the plans to purchase this pack again timing played a major part.

I want to preface this by saying I'm not a big fan of bugs the fact that I have worms in my soil and a worm bin I'm starting is soooooo out of my element.
Also, I thought it to be a little counter intuitive to add bugs to remove bugs. But I did a bit of homework, some reading a couple podcast and YT vids.
I also came across a podcast where they had Suzanne Wainwright-Evans AKA "The Bug Lady" on and listening to her speak about the uses of them in the garden and their place in LOS really sold me on the idea.
Mind you most of this is direct from the website. MOST if not all the words confuse me. This is not how I understand it!
It made much better sense hearing it broken down in layman's terms. But for the sake of the journal and being as transparent as possible here it is.

The Beneficial Insect Triple Pack (Medium) contains:
  • Rove Beetle (1000 Beetles)
  • Steinernema Feltiae Nematodes (50 Mil Tray)
  • Stratiolaelaps Scimitus (Hypoaspis Miles) (1 liter bottle - 25,000)

Rove Beetle
IMG_4487.jpeg

Rove beetle (Dalotia coriaria), formerly known as Atheta coriaria, is a native species of a soil-dwelling rove beetle which feeds on small insects and mites. Both adults and larvae are active aggressive predators and are attracted to decomposing plant or animal material and algae, where their hosts are found. While they are beetles, they do not necessarily look like beetles. They are light to dark brown in color, with adults being 3-4 mm long. They are slender with short wing covers. Rove beetles have an interesting habit of curving their abdomen upwards like scorpions and can run or fly when disturbed (usually close to the ground). Since they can actively fly, they rapidly colonize the release area. However, too many Atheta in flight may be because of disturbance to their home.

Use in Biological Control: Rove beetles are used primarily to assist in the control of shore flies and fungus gnats and other small arthropods in the soil or planting media. They also help control soil stages of thrips and feed on most other small soil organisms such as moth flies, springtails, and root mealybugs.

IMG_4490.jpeg

It has been used successfully in vegetable, bedding and potted plant production and seedling and cutting propagation. Atheta adapts well to the various growth media (including rockwool and coconut fiber) and capillary mats used in plant production. They will not survive freezing or flooding conditions.

Life Cycle: The complete life cycle of rove beetles is 21 days at 70°F (21°C), with relative humidity between 40 and 99%. The sex ratio is an equal, 1:1 female to males. Eggs hatch in 3-4 days into larvae, which resemble adults. Pupal chambers are constructed out of silk. Each adult rove beetle consumes 10-20 prey per day. In greenhouse conditions, adults are non-diapausing and can be used year-round.

For Best Results: Rove beetle is most effective when applications are started before fungus gnat population becomes well established or while numbers are still low (less than one seen in a trap, per week). One application of Atheta per crop cycle is usually sufficient if started early in the season. Because rove beetle has a longer life cycle and takes longer to establish than the Stratiolaelaps predatory mite, so should be used along with Stratiolaelaps for best results.

Introduction Rates: Rove beetle is most effective when applications are started before fungus gnat populations become well established or while numbers are still low (below 10 per trap, per week). One application of rove beetle per crop cycle is usually sufficient if started early in the season. For soil culture, sawdust bag, or rockwool culture, apply 1 per 10 ft2 (1 m 2 ).

Target Pests: Shore flies (Ephydridae), fungus gnats (Sciaridae), western flower thrips (Frankliniella occidentalis), root aphids

Do not water soil or growing medium 10 minutes before and a few hours after release. To release, rotate the canister (to distribute beetles inside), then open the lid and release in centrally located area where major infestation is onto damp soil (only open when ready to release as they may fly away). Also distribute on floors, greenhouse weeds, under benches, and places where larvae will develop. Leave the canister on its side in the treatment area to ensure release of all mites. Release in the evening or late afternoon within 4 days of being received. Store canister on its side at 45-55° F.

Nematodes
IMG_4488.jpeg

Steinernema Feltiae Nematodes arrive ready-to-use. Just add to water and apply to the soil or growing media with virtually any watering device!

NemAttack Sf (Steinernema feltiae) Beneficial Nematodes are recommended to control and prevent mobile pests such as:

Fungus gnats, ticks, thrips, leaf miners, caterpillars, cutworms, sod webworms, onion maggots, subterranean termites. American cockroach, armyworm, artichoke plume moth, Asian cockroach, beet armyworm, cabbage maggots, black cutworm, bluegrass weevil, codling moth, corn earworm, cotton bollworm, cucumber beetle, fall armyworm, fly larvae, fruit fly, German cockroach, mole crickets, tobacco budworm, wireworm and more.

Beneficial Nematodes are live microscopic organisms (non-segmented round worms) that occur naturally in soil throughout the world. They are parasitic to insect pests that typically have a developing (larval or pupal) stage of life in the soil; however, they have been known to also parasitize above ground stages of adults, nymphs and larvae. They are completely safe to use and will not affect mammals, aquatic life, birds, reptiles or amphibians. After application, the nematodes immediately get to work. Upon finding a pest, they enter it through various body openings or directly through the body wall. Once inside, it is not the nematode that actually kills the pest, but the toxic bacteria inside the nematode's gut that is the real weapon symbiotic bacteria, that when released inside and insect, kill it within 24 - 48 hours by causing blood poisoning.

Beneficial Nematodes release the bacteria in order to create food and a hospitable environment for their own reproduction. As the food resources within the dead pest become scarce, the nematodes exit and immediately begin searching for a new host. As long as there is a suitable host, they will continue to survive and parasitize.

How Much Do I Need? Order enough to thoroughly treat your infested area. Some pests require multiple, separate treatments. Quantities and treatment areas are approximate.

Garden SizeQuantityTreatment AreaShipping Method
1/2 Garden Size5 million1,600 sq. ft.2nd Day
Garden Size10 million3,200 sq. ft.2nd Day
Farm Size50 million1 Acre2nd Day
Small Ranch Size250 million5 AcresNext Day
Large Ranch Size500 million10 Acres

This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
This product works as a beneficial insect for control of the following: Fleas, Flies (mult), Fruit Flys (Drasophylla), Fungus Gnats (Bradysia impatiens), Gnats, Thrips (Franklinothrips sp)

Useful Info:

Warning & Toxicities:
Do not freeze.

Shelf Life: Up to 2 weeks (refrigerated and unopened in original container).

How to Use:

How long can nematodes be kept before use?

Beneficial Nematodes should be used as soon as possible. Because they are live organisms, it is best to store them for no longer than 2 weeks in a refrigerator that is between 37° and 42° F.

How are nematodes applied?
The solution can be applied using a watering can, hose end sprayer, backpack or pump sprayer or through irrigation or misting systems.

When should they be released?
Release early in the morning or predusk when temperatures are cooler and the sun is not so bright.

Should the soil be moist after the nematode application?
The soil should be moist at time of application and lightly watered immediately after application. After application, regular watering of the treated area will provide sufficient moisture. Generally speaking, water every 3-4 days if rainfall does not occur.

What's the Application Rate?
It is best to make at least two applications, separated by 7-10 days in order to stagger the life cycles of the nematodes and to assure complete coverage. In cases of severe infestations, applications should be made every 7-10 days or until infestation subsides.

Garden Size
Quantity
Treatment Area
1/2 Garden Backyard Size5 million1,600 sq. ft.
Garden Size10 million3,200 sq. ft.
Farm Size50 million1 Acre
Small Ranch Size250 million5 Acres
Large Ranch Size500 million10 Acres

How long does it take to see results?
In general 3-7 days for caterpillars such as cutworm, armyworm and sod webworm. For grubs and weevils such as Japanese beetle, black vine weevil and billbugs feeding stops within 3 days with maximum control occurring over 2-4 weeks. Nematodes disintegrate the pests from the inside out. You will not see dead insect bodies as you would with a chemical knockdown.

How often should nematodes be applied?
Nematodes are recommended for use whenever larvae or grubs are present. Generally, this is during the spring and fall months. Because larvae feed on plant roots, beneath the soil surface, severe damage can be done before realizing there is a problem. Look for signs of an adult insect, such as leaf-notching. If adult insects are present, their eggs will be hatching soon. Keep in mind, one application may not eradicate a population of insects that has become established over a period of years.

Will nematodes live through the winter?
In general, harsh winter weather in most parts of the country almost guarantees a significant decline in the population of the nematodes. In most cases, nematodes (just like insects) will become dormant during cold weather. Any survivors would be few in number to provide adequate insect control. If your insect pest returns the following year, another application may be necessary.

When nematodes are applied to one area will they move to other areas?
Nematodes, due to their microscopic nature have limited range of movement. Generally NemAttack™, our formulations of Steinernema will stay where you put them, but NemaSeek™ (Heterorhabditis) will continue moving through the soil until they find a pest to infect.

Brown mites
IMG_4486.jpeg

For Developing Soil Stage Control of Thrips, Fungus Gnats and Springtails.

This tiny brown mite naturally inhabits the top layer of soil where larvae and pupae dwell. Female predatory mites lay their eggs in soil and the nymphs and adults feed on pests. If infestation is severe, use along with Beneficial Nematodes and Sticky Traps.

Release rates:

Type of Application
Release Rate
General Releases​
5,000-10,000 S. scimitus per 1,000 ft2 depending on level of infestation.
Large Area Releases​
25,000-50,000 S. scimitus per acre depending on level of infestation.
Weekly applications are recommended until infestations subside. Please call for more information.

This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Bean Thrips (Caliothrips fasciatus), Fungus Gnats (Bradysia impatiens), Springtails, Thrips (Franklinothrips spp)

Useful Info:

Shelf Life:
Use within 18 hours of receipt. Do not water soil or growing medium 10 minutes before and a few hours after release. To release, rotate the canister (to distribute mites inside), then open the lid and remove the filter paper. Place the lid back on, and tap the mites out of the canister evenly onto the soil. Also distribute on floors, greenhouse weeds, under benches, and places where fungus gnat larvae will develop. Leave the canister and filter paper in the treatment area to ensure release of all mites. Release in the evening or late afternoon within 2 weeks of being received. Store canister on its side at 60-70° F.

How to Use:

General Applications:
Incorporate mites into growing media at potting or sprinkle onto growing media surface. Rotate tube several times before opening to mix contents. To open lid, push the cut-out on the lid where marked. Rotate lid cover to fully open position for application. Shake tube slowly to dispense mixture onto the surface of growing media; mites will quickly distribute uniformly through crop.

Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Interior scapes, Container Plants

Storage: If not releasing immediately, keep in a cool dark place out of direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Top layer of soil, in a shaded area. 77°F

So, in preparation of the bugs getting here I let the beds go without full waterings, only giving about 5% or 3.5 gallons over the past week.

Wednesday, I went and purchased some 100% organic cold pressed neem oil I mixed 1 ounce with a gallon of water. and sprayed down all the tents.
IMG_4465.jpeg

I just went to the hardware store garden dept and honestly is pretty sad, but this was the first time I ever read the back of label and actually cared what it said.
It made me realize I need to employ this level of scrutiny to every aspect of life. I probably eat more chemicals than I eat food and its pretty sad.
As the can started to empty and become a misty fog, I made sure to use that to hit the canopy a little bit.

Thursday, I gave a slight "feed" of about 2 gallons of water to the soil bed. Looking at the application instructions for the mites and beetles they are not to be watered "10 minutes prior or hours after".
So I watered the day prior to avoid any issues.

I split the bags fairly evenly between both soil beds.
The 2x4 was off so I unzipped the tent up to the top of the bed to avoid as much light leak as possible dumped them in and worked the peatmoss carrier under the mulch layer a bit.

IMG_4493.jpeg

I also put a tiny bit into my PBK1 Mother plant in my veg tent.
Speaking of my veg tent I found someone to take my extra clones off my hands!
Thankfully they have a new home I hate killing healthy plants!

This opens up room in my mother tent for the mothers of my next journal which I plan to start the next day or 2,
as well as for vegging plants for subsequent rounds in our soil beds.

I plan to water in the nematodes tonight when I check on the plants.
This allows the beetles and mites to take on the adults and bring their numbers down over the past day or 2.
Now we will attack their young on a microscopic level!

Sunday starts week 2 from the flip! Going forward Sundays are IPM days.
Cleaning of the grow area inside and out.
Spraying for pest and additional treatments if need be.
This will help to gather myself and what happened in the previous week as well as make adjustments for the coming weeks.

This grow from the beginning has been about the 5 P's

P
roper
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance

I'm doing my best to stay not only on top but ahead of this grow as much as possible. I feel like that's gotten easier with the change in grow style and with the experience or "rust" as I like to put it getting knocked off.

I plan to give another top dressing of "Build a Flower top dress" at week 3 and possibly brew a compost tea with it to really ramp up the biology in the soil as we go into flower this week or week 3 as well.
There are no pistils just yet but having grown this strain twice now I know that once they start the swelling and sugar start immediately after and won't stop for another 6 weeks just before we harvest at week 9ish.

IMG_4476.jpeg

Other than that, things are coasting smoothly under the XS1500 Pro. They are currently set to 75% and once I see buds forming will crank them up to 100% and really see what they can do.
This entire grow I've taken a less is more approach and these lights truly fit the build and allow for that!
If you're looking for new lights these are the way to go!
If I didn't already own 2 XS2000's I would daisy chain 4 of these to put in the 4x3!

IMG_4471.jpeg

As always thank you for your time and checking me out its appreciated!
:thanks: :ganjamon:

IMG_4478.jpeg

Hello & Welcome!​

There is a lot to cover in this update so I'm just going to get straight into it.
IMG_2127.jpeg

I'll start with an update on the battle with the fungus gnats and the use of beneficial insects to combat them as that's probably the most interesting addition and out of the ordinary at least for me.
There was a point where I really thought it may be too late and I may have to resort to drastic measures and possibly start over!
The gnats had gotten so bad I wasn't sure if it was salvageable!

2 words...
NEEM OIL!

After applying the insects. I left the tent closed for the next couple of days, only opening it briefly to check on things adjust lights etc.
When I did open the tent massive amounts of gnats would fly out!
This is when I started to worry! I started thinking I was too late, and the gnats were just too entrenched in the soil and there was no hope in
sight.

While I waited for the bugs to take control of the situation, I gave the top layer of soil a good spraying daily even misting the tops and middles of the plants with neem oil.
I sprayed it anywhere I saw a gnat! I wasn't shy about it either.
I mixed up full doses and even extra strength doses of 1oz per gal and 1 oz per 1/2 gal.

The neem oil worked INSTANTLY in killing gnats where they stood! It really helped to push them back to allow me to do necessary work in the garden as well as buy our beneficials time to establish themselves throughout the soil bed.

It's been a week and I have to say I'm blown away by how well I was able to get it under control!
I really wish I would've used neem oil for the SIP grow. I may have been able to push them a little longer.
Hindsight is always 20/20 tho.
IMG_2130.jpeg

So now I have a bottle of neem oil mixed up at the ready and spray consistently when I see more than just a couple gnats flying around.
Kill the ones I can see let the beneficials take care of the ones I can't.

Speaking of the beneficials. I feel I've expressed how important neem has been to my grow 😅

Although you have to look for them sometimes incredibly closely, they are there and active to say the least.

The rove beetles are simply just little terminators constantly on the move.
When you do see one it's not for long.
They tend to stay a little more hidden underneath the mulch and cover crop but every now and then you do find one on the hunt for Sarah Connor.

The mites tho very small I have confirmed them on the decaying cover crop breaking it down.
I wasn't sure what I was seeing at first but then I saw one move and I realized I had been overlooking thousands of them!
Anywhere there is organic matter that can be broken down they are there huddled around the water cooler in numbers!
Its super cool to see!

The nematodes obviously who knows where or how well they are establishing themselves though out the garden.
I did apply them to every bit of soil and every plant in my garden across 3 tents so they should be everywhere attacking every pest on the most microscopic of levels.
I can't confirm this, but I guess we will see.

All in all, the beneficial insect pack has been another massive improvement in the garden on so many levels!
Not only helping to keep our garden free of pests but also helping the nitrogen cycle in breaking down decaying matter.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this would be the Ammonification process?
Decomposers break down the material into NH4 for the bacteria in the soil to turn it into NO2 for the plants to use?

IMG_2131.jpeg

Because of the gnats I have been a little stingy on the water and so the irrometer on the 2x4 is reading a little drier than I want to keep it.
Yesterday the top of the soil and mulch layer had a visibly lighter look to go along with what the irrometer was showing.
Thats a good sign.

I have been feeling like there's so much more I could be doing in the garden. I guess that should be seen as a good thing considering how well everything is going.

IMG_4600.jpeg

I mixed up 2 gals of water at a 1/2 dose of everything except the wetting agent. I mix that full strength every time and use it every watering.
I also top dressed with,
  • 2 tablespoons craft blend
  • 1/2 cup BuildaFlower
  • 2 tablespoons Kashi Blend
I scratched that into the top of the soil and watered my feeding solution in
Although it could have used a little more, I did this in preparation for tonight.

I also started preparing a tea. I mixed,
IMG_4594.jpeg

• 1 1/2 Cups of BuildaFlower
  • "about" 1/3 cups of dark brown sugar (as my molasses)
  • 1 tsp Rootwise Bio-phos (extra bacteria)
  • 1/4 tsp Jayplantspeaker saponin extract (wetting agent)
I plan to water in tonight which should bring the moisture level on the irrometer back to perfect.
It should also be nutrition made immediately available so that the top dressing can break down over time.
It will have been brewed for about 24 hours. I repurposed the "Ghetto Cloner" as @greenvein calls it.
This should cover all of our bases so to speak.
IMG_4596.jpeg

I also went ahead and did another defoil and gave them a lollipop for being such good sports!
I kind of struggled to do it as early as I did since it hasn't even been a full 2 weeks since flipping to flower.

Sunday marks the start of week 3 since the flip, but it needed to be done.
IMG_4607.jpeg

I noticed a spot on a leaf where it was moist from another leaf sitting on top of it.
I also noticed a necrotic leaf that looked to have suffered from the same issue.
I had to remember that "no offense" it doesn't matter at all what anyone else does in their situation because its " their situation."
That's completely unique to them and their experience.
And that's completely ok.

Ok Lootzradamous rant over :rofl: :ganjamon:

Point being it may be early in other gardens, but it was right on time for mine in this moment.

I do think there will need to be another one done in another week right as the flowers really start to set and we can avoid the dreaded larf!

After that I gave the plants a foliar of Em-5
There was still neem residual on the leaves which is awesome seeing as how there were also dead gnats on some of the leaves as well.
The latter is not so awesome. I figured since the gnats were at least under control and the buds were still yet to set in just, yet it was our last and most perfect opportunity to clean off any nasty stuff we don't want in our buds.

I will be bud washing with this grow but still if I can get ahead of it, why not?
I won't be foliar feeding or foliar anything at all in another couple of days tho as the buds have officially started to show.
IMG_4614.jpeg

I took out a bunch of stuff that even after only 11 days I could tell would never produce anything other than larfy buds that no one wants to deal with.
It's not even the smoking of larfy buds or using it as trim its just the damn trimming and the waste of time and energy for the plant and myself 😅

The lights are officially at 100% not only because the buds have started but I have noticed that they won't be an issue in regard to heat.
This brings me to my next and last point I would like to detail.

My environment was something that really worried me. I wasn't sure if it would hold up in the heat of the summer.
I purchased the swamp cooler, and the obvious issues worried me about it but it was my only option.
We've had a couple days get hot and I was watching the temps and humidity like a hawk!

Even when I'm away the ACI pro controller allows me to view via Wi-Fi and I can monitor at least 1 tent 24 hours a day.

IMG_4613.jpeg

When the temp in the grow room reaches above 82* the swamp cooler kicks on to cool the garage. The dehumidifier is running 24/7 to keep the humidity always low.
This allows the swamp cooler to cool the air more effectively. It also helps to keep humidity low so that while the swamp cooler is on and adding humidity it's never too high to hurt anything.
As an added precaution and really helpful plus, keeping the garage door cracked open with a now useless gallon of PH up allows old air and excess humidity to be removed by the intake for the home A/C that is directly above the door that's cracked open.
This keeps the VPD consistent and in the perfect range practically all the time.

On a couple of the days I realized we could afford a little bit more heat and still be right in range of where we want to be.

This is a MAJOR relief.
It means this is now officially a 12-month operation with no days off no holidays/sick time or benefit package! :rofl::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last thing I want to note is that although the stretch was as I expected very short and to the point it was much more significant this time around.
I have to assume this is because of the much larger soil volume that they felt they could support more and grew larger?
The par is 1000+ is some spots and the plants are producing same as they have in the past...

Better actually thanks to the XS1500 PRO's I think with more soil and superior lighting they are showing what they can really do!

I'm super excited to see how this grow plays out everything has been going as smooth as could be imagined!

IMG_4601.jpeg

OOOH yea as I was selecting pictures, I remembered I was sent a few sticker packs from @ViparSpectra I was wanting them seeing them in everyone's tents, and they literally showed up in the mail!
The tents are finally COMPLETE!

I hope I hit on everything and brought us up to date I will have another update with pictures tomorrow, after I wake up from my hangover Im sure to get drinking te"killya" tonight :rofl:

Stay safe everyone Enjoy your weekend and as always THANK YOU for your time its appreciated as always!

Your plants are looking beautiful lootz! :love: :welldone:

Looking great brother, I think you've filled that space well! Every picture looks ace and apart from the gnats it's pretty flawless 👌🏽 speaking of gnats congratulations on bringing the battle back!!! 🤞🏽 That's a absolutely minor worry for you if any from now on.

You really have spoilt them ladies and in a good way this time! Excited to see them swole buds!!!

Oh yeah how many times have reminded you to make sure you take time to rest then you go and make it possible to grow all year round 🤦🏽‍♂️ hope your old man's willing to cover a few shifts! 🤣🤣🤣

Peace bro ✌🏽

Looking great brother, I think you've filled that space well! Every picture looks ace and apart from the gnats it's pretty flawless 👌🏽 speaking of gnats congratulations on bringing the battle back!!! 🤞🏽 That's a absolutely minor worry for you if any from now on.

You really have spoilt them ladies and in a good way this time! Excited to see them swole buds!!!

Oh yeah how many times have reminded you to make sure you take time to rest then you go and make it possible to grow all year round 🤦🏽‍♂️ hope your old man's willing to cover a few shifts! 🤣🤣🤣

Peace bro ✌🏽
Yea I get all giddy inside when I think about all the stuff going right and how much different is is than the last 2 grows having all the tools I need and being in this position feels amazing!

Nah I was just kidding about making it sound like slave labor it’s actually a completely positive thing that I don’t have to worry about stopping now and just have to bust out the cold weather gear when the time comes 😂

If I could do this as a job I would totally drop everything and dive in I wouldn’t even care to consider pay fr 😂

Quick little update got to the tent today and damn!
The growth exploded cranking up the XS1500 Pro’s to 75%!
Today is officially the last day of veg!
The lights will go off at 3am
They won’t come back on until 7pm tomorrow.
From there the lights will be on from 7pm to 7am
And we will be day 1 into 12/12

IMG_4434.jpeg

I also got my irrometers primed and Into my soil beds they seem to be working pretty well as far as I can tell.

When I dry off the tip the needle jumps toward the dry side of the gauge.
Putting it into the bed it’s showing about 10.
Meaning we’re perfectly where we want to be maybe a tad on the wetter side but that’s ok because that means I don’t have to water and I would have had it not been for that meter to tell me it didn’t need it just yet.

IMG_4435.jpeg

So far it’s already paying off.

For comparison the other bed in the 4x3 is far more dry and the meter accurately reflects that.

I honestly think these things are going to help deliver some killer grows watering has been my biggest issue.
As noob as that sounds it’s true.

This should at the very least give me an idea of what is happening with the moisture and teach me to find that rhythm.

Anyway more work to do in the garden just took a smoke break I’ll have more pics another update as well as the water testing that @Keffka asked about

Thanks for stopping by
Plants look healthy.

Back
Top Bottom