So I did another defoil last night
I think this should be good to take us the rest of the way to flower.
Shouldn’t be an abnormal amount of larf and hopefully they’ll focus on building long colas.

IMG_4663.jpeg

I didn’t supercrop but I tied branches down to open it up and lower their height a little bit.

IMG_4665.jpeg

IMG_4664.jpeg

There was a little bit of frost starting so going forward I think we’re done with the defoil and now we can let them focus on building big sticky buds

IMG_4667.jpeg

IMG_4666.jpeg

Thank you for stopping by and checking me out I appreciate it!

That looks awesome! Great job :thumb:
Thank you! It’s on auto pilot now!

With the irrometers I don’t even have to put in any thought as to when I watered or when I need to water!

It’s almost too easy!

:oops: Don't jinx it!
🤣 I’m not very superstitious BUT

Compared to what I was doing before it’s sooooo much easier.
even my dad has noticed I’m so much more at peace and not freaking out over something being wrong or messed up or having a lot to do.
Im paying much more attention now than I was before if that makes sense.

Obviously there is still work to be done I can’t just walk away and forget it but compared to last grow it’s a much better experience all around.

To be fair it’s practically water only at this point. So there’s not much to do but sit back and watch the flowers grow 😍

I guess what I’m saying is this grow
I’m having way more fun.
It doesn’t feel like work and the results are way better with much less work I can’t complain.

But I feel you tho superstition or not can’t get complacent 😉

Hello and Goodmorning

Got to the garden early enough to see it before lights out so I have a couple of photos to share.

The frost has started and the smell is starting to kick up significantly.

IMG_4682.jpeg

The plants all look to be thriving and there are no issues with the lights being so close at least that I can tell as of right now.

IMG_4690.jpeg

The leaves are pointing almost directly up toward the lights so I think they are doing just fine all things considered.

IMG_4679.jpeg

On the right plant I did notice a leaf that was discolored there is only one other leaf directly next to this on that is showing signs similar to this I can’t find this issue anywhere else on any other part of the plant or on the other plants either.

IMG_4689.jpeg

Any ideas as to what it is?

There’s not even any tip burn anywhere else on the plants all the other leaves look pristine!
IMG_4686.jpeg

I just gave them about 3 gallons last night of a feeding.
I didn’t topdress or add anymore craft blend.
Just watered in powders.

You can see the difference in the irrometer from last night before watering to this morning after being watered.
IMG_4677.jpeg

IMG_4683.jpeg

They will move that needle back above 15 in no time.
The bed is drinking about 3 gallons a day
So at this point it’s about a gallon a piece a day which is awesome to have that dialed in somewhat and have a feel for what they are drinking daily.

Outside of those 2 weird leaves I found on the right plant everything else is going as hoped.

I will probably give another top dressing this weekend as we start week 4.
I don’t think it’s completely necessary but it can’t hurt.
Looking below the mulch layer you can see the beneficials working the soil.
Very cool to see even tho I’m not fond of insects.

IMG_4685.jpeg

All those little specs are the brown mites
Can you find the rove beetle?

We should start seeing the buds really start to pop in the next couple of days.
I’ve already noticed the little Pom poms getting bigger daily.

IMG_4682.jpeg

IMG_4680.jpeg

The lights are really penetrating through to the middle of the plant very nicely!

I’m very excited to see these plants now that we’ve trimmed up the lower larfy stuff and the lights can focus on fewer more dense colas.
So far the plants have loved every bit of par they have provided!
And even being so close to the plants there’s no burn or stress!

As always thank you for your time and thank you for stopping by it is always appreciated!

Sweet looking pom poms!

The edges of those top leaves are starting to taco as the points curl up, which is often a sign of light stress. Something to keep an eye on anyway. 👀
Hmmm how would you go about addressing it?
Supercropping still on the table?

They were flipped on 4/23

Hello and welcome!

Went ahead and took @InTheShed advice and bent some stems to get the colas away from the lights so close.
IMG_4695.jpeg

Some I bent in 2 places 2 separate ways.

IMG_4693.jpeg

I realize this is something that after the first grow I went away from as the PGC1 wouldn’t allow any bending at all and so I just stopped overall but I wish I would have super cropped much sooner!

Live & LEARN

I know better for next grow 🤷🏽‍♂️

IMG_4694.jpeg

Anyway I’m working overtime this weekend so not much time for a full update.
Tho it’s coming when I get the chance

Thanks for stopping in

IMG_4703.jpeg

Thanks again @InTheShed your advice and wisdom is among the best on the site so I’m very thankful to have you following along chiming in!

the PGC1 wouldn’t allow any bending at all
A needle nose pliers wrapped with electrical tape will crush the stem without breaking it.

From another site:

Have you ever needed to crop a branch that was pretty tough and woody? Now you can! :) Easily and without pain. Take a pair of needle nosed pliers and some 1/4" drip line hose. Cut off two pieces about 1/4" long and jam them over the tips of the pliers. Squeeze them together and jam them down on again to make sure they don't come off. Now GENTLY squeeze them around the stem. You'll be surprised how easily you crush the stem so be careful. Turn 90 degrees around the stem and crush again. Perfect supercrop. Now you can gently push your growth tip over and, if necessary, secure it. Larger plants would probably work fine with larger pliers, just make sure to pad them or the teeth on the pliers will chew up the outer bark of the stem pretty good.

Hello and welcome!

Went ahead and took @InTheShed advice and bent some stems to get the colas away from the lights so close.
IMG_4695.jpeg

Some I bent in 2 places 2 separate ways.

IMG_4693.jpeg

I realize this is something that after the first grow I went away from as the PGC1 wouldn’t allow any bending at all and so I just stopped overall but I wish I would have super cropped much sooner!

Live & LEARN

I know better for next grow 🤷🏽‍♂️

IMG_4694.jpeg

Anyway I’m working overtime this weekend so not much time for a full update.
Tho it’s coming when I get the chance

Thanks for stopping in

IMG_4703.jpeg

Thanks again @InTheShed your advice and wisdom is among the best on the site so I’m very thankful to have you following along chiming in!
Nice work on those stretchy branches. :thumb:
Girls look fantastic. :welldone:
Have a wonderful weekend m6 friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

A needle nose pliers wrapped with electrical tape will crush the stem without breaking it.

From another site:
Awesome advice! Thank you!
You got this stuff just falling out your pockets at this point lmfao.
Just awesome advice everywhere!

You get some info! You get some info! Here’s a suggestion for you!
You’re like Oprah with the advice!
Sounds down right mean but if it works, I guess it is what you have to do.
Nothing is more mean than nurturing something for its entire life cycle only to chop them down and smoke them 😂
Nice work on those stretchy branches. :thumb:
Girls look fantastic. :welldone:
Have a wonderful weekend m6 friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Thank you Bill

Hope you enjoy your weekend as well!

Hello and welcome!

Looked in on the garden yesterday.

I had to get creative it support the recently super cropped plants.
They were laying flat on other branches and just looked a mess.

I have a large roll of string that I have had forever I simply tied the branches that needed it with a little slack to be able to allow the branch to grow as well as be supported from falling completely over.

IMG_4709.jpeg

IMG_4710.jpeg

Ngl it looks a little crazy in there now 😂
But now everything is or should be a little less into the lights.

IMG_4718.jpeg

Still noticing a little bit of a taco on some of the higher leaves but I think we may have to just ride it out at this point.

IMG_4719.jpeg

IMG_4711.jpeg

The smell and frost have picked up incredibly the past couple of days.
The only issue at this point is them being a little too close to the light but outside of that everything looks to be growing very well and I’m excited to see the weeks go by!

Thank you for checking me out your time is appreciated!

It's like a puppetry up in there lootz and I'm loving the show 🤣👌🏽

A man's got to do what a man's got to do!
🤣 that’s hilarious!

It’s such an accurate description of what’s happening 😂

In all seriousness as I was tying them up I realized that this is front loading the work those little Pom poms already got some collective weight to them the branches that I had bent just couldn’t pick themselves back up under the weight of the little buds.

It would’ve had to be done in some way in a couple of weeks I’m sure

Definitely easier to do early since later your arms would be getting all sticky!
Indeed! My fingers were already getting sticky trying to tie the string 😂
And as I was rummaging around the smell picked up as well.

I think you may have just given me the tip to “save this grow” or “right the ship”

Thank you 🙏🏽

Back
Top Bottom