Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Don't ya just love this time of year.................. I see the girls are starting to pack on alittle weight. You got some pretty girls going out there. Sensie Star is one of my favorites also, but the last couple times I went to order they were sold out. I always work with the single seed shot. Not really the best way to find a mother but the last S-Star I had I'm still kicking myself for not keeping her. Acouple bud shots I seen look like they might come out early Oct? It's kind of hard to slow them girls down if they have 6-7 weeks veg they sure take off. I've had to get out the 'hedge clippers' to keep some under the fence before. Keepem Green

Hey NCW! Thanks for dropping in & kind words. No Sensi Star in yard this yr. I don't keep mothers but year before last I had a SS that made me wish I did. A frosty girl. Think I might have a pic, checking....yes I do. As much as I like SS, I want to do better with her so will try her inside next time. Down to 2 SS seeds, one from breeder pack & one fat selfed seed from last yr.

The Lost Coast OG, LA Affie, & Jacky White will finish late this month. The rest are tilted toward sativa side & are slowly trucking along. Another heat wave (95-100+) for ~10 days slowing flower growth. Btw, your Marion Berry is looking superb!

Outdoor Sensi Star
IMG_026442.jpg

Oh yes, the harvest :yummy:

The weather is good here too! It seems that my even Trainwreck will be cut earlier than I expected :)
That SS look super frosty by the way :high-five:

Oh yes, the harvest :yummy:

The weather is good here too! It seems that my even Trainwreck will be cut earlier than I expected :)
That SS look super frosty by the way :high-five:

Thanks Conrad. What I see on some plants this year are more advanced trichomes relative to bud appearance, which will speed up harvest w/o needing to wait & getting leafed out, overly mature looking buds. That I like a lot!

Wow that SS was something special! Sure you enjoyed her :)
Hope all is well my NorCal friend! You're an awesome guy. :circle-of-love:

Hello All. No, this journal hasn't been abandoned....but an update is overdue.:Namaste:

The 3 early girls were cut down a couple of days ago to beat yesterday's rainstorm.

Lost Coast OG. She easily wins my best looking bud award this yr. Every terminal cola ~2" & central cola ~3.5" diameter. Firm & solid flowers. Fruity & melon fragrance right up to harvest. Harvested at ~80% cloudy trichomes.
IMG_092715.JPG
IMG_072025.jpg
IMG_093217.JPG
IMG_088131.JPG

LA Affie I wasn't sure how this strain would end up. Seeds are puny, plant didn't produce heavy trichomes, & didn't have much fragrance. But she showed her genetics when I tried a bottom small bud sample. Impressive 100% indica high that easily rivals offspring LA Confidential. STRONG. Flowers are exceptionally dense & hard. Dark indica green plant. At end trichomes increased & had mild fruit fragrance.
IMG_091327.JPG
IMG_070232.jpg
IMG_094022.jpg
IMG_070030.jpg

Jacky White For a 70% sativa, she was the farthest along of all strains for 2nd yr. in a row at harvest. She had 85-90% cloudy trichomes, which is higher compared to when I generally cut sativas. Would recommend to anyone looking to grow a strong, early finishing mostly sativa hybrid. Crowded, dense bud structure. Citrus, grapefruit fragrance.
IMG_092620.jpg
IMG_068129.JPG
IMG_094323.JPG

The 3 hanging after initial trim. I trimmed off more leaf than usual at this stage to avoid any drying problems since they are large fat buds. Very greasy, oily & sticky making for a difficult trim. Jacky White was very mature & getting leafy. Reminded me in a big way how much I dislike trimming.
IMG_095124.JPG

Some of the Others
Cheese Dog. Connoisseur Genetics: supposed to be Exodus Cheese x with one of their OG's. They get good cuts so maybe the Cheese is really Exodus cut, I hope so. Pretty lighter shade of green plant, which I like & prefer when they show up. Fruit fragrance so far. Will be last in garden to reach harvest.
IMG_072121.jpg
IMG_090717.JPG

818 Headband Cali Connection Sour Diesel x SFV OG Kush. 60/40 S/I. This is a mainstay in my garden, & easily among my top 5 favorite strains. However, the previous Sour OG name changed when the SFV m or f was changed from F4 to IBL...if anyone even cares about these details. LOL. Unfortunately, the single 818 I'm growing doesn't have the extreme skunky, dankelicious smell that about 1 of 3 SOG's had. Lankier buds too, but starting to get very frosty. I LOVE this strain so hope it measure up to the earlier Sour OG.
IMG_067624.JPG

Jamaican OG This plant was only rain casualty...a couple large lateral branches snapped off. I taped them back at main stem & used lots of twist ties to support them. Alive but not really attached alive. A wild, branching plant similar to Tahoe OG mom, which grows big for an OG. Lime & tropical fruit fragrance. Pleasing bud appearance but nothing special.
IMG_072524.jpg

Sorry for the lapse in updates. Thanks for checking things out.

Congrats on your harvest Brightlights...

Hello All. No, this journal hasn't been abandoned....but an update is overdue.:Namaste:

The 3 early girls were cut down a couple of days ago to beat yesterday's rainstorm.

Lost Coast OG. She easily wins my best looking bud award this yr. Every terminal cola ~2" & central cola ~3.5" diameter. Firm & solid flowers. Fruity & melon fragrance right up to harvest. Harvested at ~80% cloudy trichomes.
IMG_092715.JPG
IMG_072025.jpg
IMG_093217.JPG
IMG_088131.JPG

LA Affie I wasn't sure how this strain would end up. Seeds are puny, plant didn't produce heavy trichomes, & didn't have much fragrance. But she showed her genetics when I tried a bottom small bud sample. Impressive 100% indica high that easily rivals offspring LA Confidential. STRONG. Flowers are exceptionally dense & hard. Dark indica green plant. At end trichomes increased & had mild fruit fragrance.
IMG_091327.JPG
IMG_070232.jpg
IMG_094022.jpg
IMG_070030.jpg

Jacky White For a 70% sativa, she was the farthest along of all strains for 2nd yr. in a row at harvest. She had 85-90% cloudy trichomes, which is higher compared to when I generally cut sativas. Would recommend to anyone looking to grow a strong, early finishing mostly sativa hybrid. Crowded, dense bud structure. Citrus, grapefruit fragrance.
IMG_092620.jpg
IMG_068129.JPG
IMG_094323.JPG

The 3 hanging after initial trim. I trimmed off more leaf than usual at this stage to avoid any drying problems since they are large fat buds. Very greasy, oily & sticky making for a difficult trim. Jacky White was very mature & getting leafy. Reminded me in a big way how much I dislike trimming.
IMG_095124.JPG

Some of the Others
Cheese Dog. Connoisseur Genetics: supposed to be Exodus Cheese x with one of their OG's. They get good cuts so maybe the Cheese is really Exodus cut, I hope so. Pretty lighter shade of green plant, which I like & prefer when they show up. Fruit fragrance so far. Will be last in garden to reach harvest.
IMG_072121.jpg
IMG_090717.JPG

818 Headband Cali Connection Sour Diesel x SFV OG Kush. 60/40 S/I. This is a mainstay in my garden, & easily among my top 5 favorite strains. However, the previous Sour OG name changed when the SFV m or f was changed from F4 to IBL...if anyone even cares about these details. LOL. Unfortunately, the single 818 I'm growing doesn't have the extreme skunky, dankelicious smell that about 1 of 3 SOG's had. Lankier buds too, but starting to get very frosty. I LOVE this strain so hope it measure up to the earlier Sour OG.
IMG_067624.JPG

Jamaican OG This plant was only rain casualty...a couple large lateral branches snapped off. I taped them back at main stem & used lots of twist ties to support them. Alive but not really attached alive. A wild, branching plant similar to Tahoe OG mom, which grows big for an OG. Lime & tropical fruit fragrance. Pleasing bud appearance but nothing special.
IMG_072524.jpg

Sorry for the lapse in updates. Thanks for checking things out.

Bro that was a spectacular update. You made up for the absence loll. Wowzer that Lost Coast OG is dank!

I loved your presentation style and photography. You are one hell of a grower.

Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Excellent plants, man! Great bud structure. When I see your sunny yard I think it's not so far from what I have here. And yeah, trimming is the hardest part, but who's gonna do it? :laugh:

Congrats on your harvest Brightlights...
Thanks BAR. It's always a good feeling to get some outdoor plants in the house....slight vestige of former paranoid hippie days.:hippy:
nice outdoor haul and LED indoor, just like me :thumb:
Hello WackyT. Thanks for nice words & for dropping by.
Bro that was a spectacular update. You made up for the absence loll. Wowzer that Lost Coast OG is dank!

I loved your presentation style and photography. You are one hell of a grower.

Keep up the good work! :thumb:
Thank you Lester, you are a true master so your kind words are greatly appreciated. Sincerely, not bull man.:Namaste:
Excellent plants, man! Great bud structure. When I see your sunny yard I think it's not so far from what I have here. And yeah, trimming is the hardest part, but who's gonna do it? :laugh:
Hey Con. Thank you bro. With fall here, I'm "losing" sunlight fast...good thing most of remaining girls are in pots so I can lug them into sunny spots. Sorry to vent about the trimming...but I really don't like it. Come on over & we'll smoke/vape our brains out while we trim.

Only fellow growers know & appreciate how much we all think about & work on our growing so your kind comments are truly appreciated!

Wow Bright, your plants looks amazing, all of them, I'm really impressed. Congrats on your harvest!! Sorry for the trim - it takes time and can be a pain in the butt, but just crank up some tunes and smoke a bowl when you get fed up :) always makes me feel better!

Your pictures are SO good, I'm just getting started on photography with a real camera >.<
Thanks for the beautiful update! :volcano-smiley::Namaste:

I think that trimming is the hardest part to be honest right after transplanting, especially if you got big plants. I spent whole afternoon and the next morning trimming well 4 branches, and it was 1/3 of one plant. Yeah, I do it quite slowly taking my time bonging fresh hash :bong: Well, the end of this season is near, now the sunset hits around 7:30 pm, and temps during a day are spiraling down to mid 70s. In the night humidity is also on the rise, but as long as it doesn't rain I'm good here. Most of the plants are almost done, which means harvest next week, and then week after. Then only sativas are left on the field, but that's a piec of cake with these fluffy budz. Hope yrs gonna make it on time too!

Wow Bright, your plants looks amazing, all of them, I'm really impressed. Congrats on your harvest!! Sorry for the trim - it takes time and can be a pain in the butt, but just crank up some tunes and smoke a bowl when you get fed up :) always makes me feel better!

Your pictures are SO good, I'm just getting started on photography with a real camera >.<
Thanks for the beautiful update! :volcano-smiley::Namaste:

Thank you SG. I take pics w/ a little Canon point & shoot (pics w/ dates), rest are taken using iPad (clear but no flash or macro).

I think that trimming is the hardest part to be honest right after transplanting, especially if you got big plants. I spent whole afternoon and the next morning trimming well 4 branches, and it was 1/3 of one plant. Yeah, I do it quite slowly taking my time bonging fresh hash :bong: Well, the end of this season is near, now the sunset hits around 7:30 pm, and temps during a day are spiraling down to mid 70s. In the night humidity is also on the rise, but as long as it doesn't rain I'm good here. Most of the plants are almost done, which means harvest next week, and then week after. Then only sativas are left on the field, but that's a piec of cake with these fluffy budz. Hope yrs gonna make it on time too!

Conrad, my whining about trimming jinxed me. Never mentioned here that I have major bone on bone arthritis in left shoulder caused by epic failed, lousy surgeries. When it acts up bad like right now, I am literally a one armed man. So I'm asking myself how the hell am I going to trim w/ one arm & hand? Time for lots of aspirin & this::lot-o-toke:

Most of my remaining plants are sativas & shouldn't be left growing beyond another wk. at most. Oct. is a good grow mo. here except the rare rainy Octobers. I've gone deep into Nov. w/ a few seemingly interminable sativas, but Nov. days get quite short & isn't good growing weather even in CA. Nothing like that in yard this yr.

Looking GOOD partner. I wish for your weather.................. Not sure exactly where in NorCali your at, but some of the best weather. You can grow till mid October most the time. Here I have to cut as bud rott shows it's ugly face. Nice girls............... Keepem Green

Wow Bright, awesome update and photos!! Hope the rest of the trimming goes a bit easier on you. I never even considered the trimming part of it. I have bad arthritis in both hands, have had it since my 20s - Do you really have to trim it all if your making oil or tea or whatever out of it? I honestly am bumming now. Its not like i can hire one of the neighbors kids like i do to cut my lawn - I dont think their parents would appreciate it medicinal or not hahaha

Back
Top Bottom