British Bulldog Meets Rottweiler - Getting Orgasmic With Organic

Fellas I'm going to take some time out and see if I can grow steady, there's not a lot more I have to offer after my last experiments and yet lots to learn. I'm going to check I can get it all to work. Those seeds did sprout though, rooted them in paper towels and they're in soil now but no shows. Also to be fair I'm enjoying the fruits of my 'laugh labour' and the shit's kicking in. Just going to love the place awhile instead :ganjamon:

It's no doom and gloom Birdie, everything is fine I just don't know what I can bring to the party at the moment so to speak. I've got a couple of big plants in flower (probably too big lol) and 4 of the 5 seeds (my crossed Incredible Bulk and White Strawberry Skunk) have sprouted and are going strong. The other lost one I can cope with. Life is good and it's time to enjoy it ;)

May your buds be forever bountiful :peace:

Hello Kriaze impressive results with your grow! I like it! +reps I love organic gardening myself and hopefully get great results wit only one 300W LED :D Happy growing!

Congrats on the "jars of it" my friend, I've been stockpiling jars for a while in preparation of my big harvest.

DSC_5695.JPG

Not enough.

Hey Tomula thanks, I love organic gardening as it's a lot more forgiving than when I mess with chemicals, some plants even make it through to harvest. Good luck with your grow and I'll come pop over if you don't mind :thumb:

Hey Tomula thanks, I love organic gardening as it's a lot more forgiving than when I mess with chemicals, some plants even make it through to harvest. Good luck with your grow and I'll come pop over if you don't mind :thumb:

Oh please, I do not mind at all! I'm always glad when someone new pops over and shares his or hers thoughts! Cheers! :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Fine harvest,, and journal,, well done,, cheers,, and reps friend,,

I'm wondering how things turned out with those male clones you were sold, which you mentioned on another thread. ?

Hey mate, I just trashed them. Apparently they were all taken from females and the only reasoning we came up with was that they had suffered stress when my mate held on to them with a normal household incandescent light bulb keeping them alive as I was late picking them up. The fella said he had no problem replacing them if I wish.

The rest of the plants are doing well and I've up potted some and also moved some into the flower tent, still not happy with the temps in there though even after replacing the ducting, I just can't get the ambient temps down in the house which also means no more lighting can go in there yet, just enough (hopefully) to run half of the big tent for now. Kind of wish I'd stuck with the one Mars II 1600w but I'm still having fun playing around. I'll get some pics uploaded and show you where I'm at :thumb:

Ok get ready for an incoming wall of pictures while I get us up to date.

After harvesting again from under the COB's I realised two things.

1. I need to keep the lights higher or bleaching, foxtailing and hermies occur.
2. Something is missing, there is no resinous tackiness to the buds in comparison to previous grows with the blurples. They still smoke well enough but it's a tactile thing, in the interests of experimentation I have added a strip UV light which comes on for 15 minutes after lights on, and 15 mins before lights off. I'm not sure if this is too little or too much, but I'll try it all the same.

Here is the veg tent running my old trusty 250w CFL and one cutter kit single Cree COB:

IMG_052239.JPG

Here she is with my newly up potted plants in. Each has been or will be given a layer of EarthWormCastings and 1 drop of Superthrive per gallon of water:

IMG_022955.JPG

This is the flower tent with only half in use until I sort out my damn temperature issue, I really cannot afford to be using an air conditioning unit as electricity prices are extortionate over here, so it's a case of making do with what I've got. The UV strip bar has been placed in the centre and the lights are much higher up than they were, I'm not sure if I will lower them when I flip the switch for flowering. In the meantime the lights are still set to 18/6 whilst the plants adjust to their new environment:

IMG_052325.JPG

Here are the plants that were moved into there 2 nights ago:

IMG_022357.JPG

I've also sourced the parts for some new DIY lights using the Citizen CLU048 1212's which I found for a steal while swimming through the bay. Unfortunately the first one blew after my second burn in test, I'm not sure if it's the cheapo Chinese drivers that I bought, or it could be the dodgy soldering job that I did on the wiring. It lasted a full 30 mins on the first test, then I moved it onto the metal base of my bench drill and it lasted around 12 mins before popping.

I used the same COB with a second driver and it's currently been running for almost 2 hours and the heat seems ok considering it is on the floor with no air movement in my room with an ambient temperature of around 25/26 degrees C. It should be a little cooler in the tent with the fans blowing over the heatsink, we will see but I'm still taking temps and testing as we speak:

IMG_021054.JPG

Working:

IMG_021151.JPG

Here are the temp measurements so far:

Temp after 10 mins at junction - 33.8C 92.8F
Temp after 30 mins - 48.4C 119.1F
Temp after 60 mins - 45.5C 113.9F
Temp after 90 mins - 51.9C 125.4F

Things are looking a bit better with this second attempt, but I did make sure that the wiring was tinned and soldered solidly this time.

Other than that it's business as usual, the composters are composting, the worm farm is thriving and my stockpile of meds is growing. I've had some good news in other aspects of my life too, my original diagnosis of PTSD has now been changed to Complex Trauma, which is pretty much the same thing but whereas PTSD is related to one major incident CT is a series of incidents. I'm booked in for 12 sessions of group therapy and then I will be moved to one on one sessions. It will take time as the first 12 sessions are spread out over three months but hey if it helps me to sleep in a regular pattern and not want to fight or flight every time I see other people outside then I'm game.

Apparently they will teach me other coping mechanisms than beer too, although it may be many years too late for that. I won't be interested in quitting my weed at all though, so that will be off limits.

I hope everything is well with you over the pond, I wish I could send you some of this stockpile I have too, would love to hear your thoughts on it. One day mon ami, one day we will be free :thumb:

Hello :420: it's been awhile since I last made a journal. After my last journals I decided to take a little break from journaling my grows as I wanted to get a grow or two under my belt so that I could be a little more confident in what I am writing. So here I am, more confident in knowledge, but we will still have mistakes along the way. I say this as even now a couple of my plants are suffering from a Nitrogen deficiency, the difference being is that now I know exactly what the problem is and I can also rectify the situation :)

So the title is slightly misleading, as I don't really regard myself as a British Bulldog, or maybe the softer side of one lol but the title seemed too good to miss out on, let's not let a white lie get in the way of a good story eh?

Onto business:

What strain is it? - A mixture of strains which are currently 2x Incredible Bulk (1 is a reveg from my last harvest), 2x Think Big Autos (these will be in the veg tent throughout their life span). 1x Critical, 1x Bubba's Gift, 1x Lemon Skunk, 1x Milk Strawberry Skunk and 1x Paradise Delahaze. I will be adding another couple of plants during the journal, just as soon as I remember to pick up some trays for the smaller airpots that I have recently acquired.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mainly Indicas as they are my preference but I have a few Sativa dominant strains in there too (Paradise Delahaze, 2x Think Big and the Lemon Skunk to a slightly lesser degree (60/40 in favour of Sativa). The Milk Strawberry Skunk is a straight 50/50 hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All are in veg stage at the moment although I plan to change that soon. I'll be putting the Incredible Bulks into flower very soon and maybe another one or two of a reader's choice if they would like to see how one particular strain grows.

If in Veg... For how long? 4 of the plants have been in veg for around 6 weeks and 4 were planted recently on the 29th April.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A - Coming soon

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? All in soil (as organic as possible)

If soil... what is in your mix? I use Canna Terra Pro with additional supplements from either my compost bins, my worm farm and a myriad of other additives such as Calcified Seaweed, Fish Blood and Bone, Bonemeal, Bat Guano and Chicken Manure etc etc.

If soil... What size pot? 8 are in 20 litre Airpots and I have 4x 10 litre Airpots waiting for trays.

Size of light? In the veg tent I have three 300w LED's and a 300w backup which I may use when the Autos go into flower. Now for the best bit though. In my flowering tent I will be testing out a new LED light manufactured in Canada, there is another grower on this site that is currently testing these lights out, I'm the first in the UK to have these and I am hoping to do them justice. They are each rated at 65 (yes you read that right) watts per light. I have four of them and also a generic 800w LED in the middle which will be off for now but I will use it if I feel the plants are not getting enough light from the four. I was advised that I should be using five in my 4x4 flowering tent, unfortunately this was after I had made my purchase and I will wait before I buy any more as the shipping is expensive, I doubt it will be worth buying just the one for now. Still I'm looking forward to seeing how they produce versus other LED's that I have used in the past and they will save on electricity. I have retired my 1600w LED for the moment as I have no room for it.

Is it aircooled? the tents are in series with a 5" intake fan leading into the veg tent, a 5" booster fan extracting from the veg tent into the flowering tent and a 6" exhaust fan exhausting out from the flower tent and out of the house.

Temp of Room/cab? Temps in the tents are a steady 85F but have risen to 85.5 before today, the lowest temp is around 76F

RH of Room/cab? Relative Humidity fluctuates between 30% and 60%

PH of media or res? I will not be using PH this grow as the organic soil should do all the buffering for me

Any Pests ? No pests but I am prepared for a breakout if one should occur

How often are you watering? Currently I'm watering around every three days although one of the bigger plants is a little greedy and is supping up every two days

Type and strength of ferts used? For nutrients I am using a mixture of Plant Magic Oldtimer's Grow, BioBizz Fishmix, Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree, Epsom Salts and Black Treacle in veg.
In flower I will be using Plant Magic Oldtimer's Bloom, Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree, Epsom Salts, Black Treacle and some compost teas mixed with earthworm castings.

Since my last grow I have had a complete redesign of my grow area as after a discussion with a helpful and friendly person who has experience in this area I realised that I was creating a wall of hot air and that this was affecting my temps. A simple floor fan has fixed all that but whilst I was thinking about it I realised that I could squeeze a bigger veg tent in there if I moved everything around. So it was hammers and drills all round and a lot of mistakes were made. I should really stick to the 'measure twice, cut once' line of thinking but as I'm erratic and scatty it didn't even cross my mind. But still after a little trial and error the room is now functional and I can happily sit here typing this at my PC while the grow just 'happens' and does what it does behind me.

Here are a few pictures of the grow area part of my room set aside for my hobby:

The shelves for my nutrients and tools. The top shelf is all organic and the bottom shelf is all for chemical grows. I'm not keen on growing chemically but I was really impressed with the AN nutrient line when I used it and I just can't seem to part with it. I may have to use it on an upcoming grow just so that I feel it hasn't gone to waste:

DSC0006722.JPG

Moving around we have the veg tent, this is a 4' x 8' tent which I have to say was a bargain price. I honestly can say that I could not have asked for a better quality tent. It's well made, sturdy and has holes in all the right places. I am a happy man and probably spoiled when it comes to my hobby :)

DSC0002417.JPG

Moving further along we have my 4' x 4' flowering tent with the Rottweiler series LED's on show. I must add that I didn't correct the white balance on any of these photographs as I wanted to show the true ambience so to speak. Unlike the majority of LED's I have seen these throw out a bright white light:

DSC0005518.JPG

apologies for the photograph being sideways but I can never fix this issues when uploading here.

Moving around again we have my bud testing area, a microscope for checking trichomes which also has an adapter so that I can take some surreal close up pictures with my camera, see my other journals if you are interested in photomicrography, but I will be putting some up in this journal in around eight to ten weeks time (that feels so far away!) when the flowering plants are getting close to the end of their cycle. There is also a mini studio for taking macro photographs of plants, leaves and buds etc and of course the essential in my grow room, a stereo for the music that I'm sure my plants love. If they have the taste of a man in his 40's lol, Pink Floyd, Clubbed Out anyone? :rofl:

DSC0006613.JPG

A couple of photographs also showing the tents in series and how they are connected:

DSC0006525.JPG

image11188.jpeg

OK that's the grow area sorted, now let's have a look at these plants.

Here is the Think Big 1 at the front left of the tent:

DSC0003117.JPG

The Think Big 2 second from the left at the front of the tent:

DSC0003617.JPG

The Royal Queen Seeds Critical is the second from the right at the front of the tent:

DSC0003921.JPG

The Bubba's Gift at the far right at the front of the tent:

DSC0004223.JPG

The Incredible Bulk at the far right at the back of the tent. As you can see she is suffering from a Nitrogen Deficiency, I'm being rather conservative with their feeds but I will be increasing the amount of Nitrogen given to her along with the Milk Strawberry Skunk:

DSC0004322.JPG

The Milk Strawberry Skunk is the second from the right at the back of the tent. The same applies to her as to the Incredible Bulk in regards to feeding. She is also what I consider the 'runt' of the litter, she has been very small, compact and bushy since she was grown. Funnily enough I have done no topping, fimming etc yet she seems to have grown as though she has. At one point it really looked as if three plants were growing but she is definitely one plant only:

DSC0004620.JPG

The second from the left at the back of the tent is a pot that has two plants in. I no longer use the paper towel method to grow my plants, they are planted directly into soil and they either grow or die the natural way. I planted the Lemon Skunk and she didn't come up for over a week so I planted a Paradise Delahaze, within a couple of days they had both sprouted and I didn't want to separate them and cause them any unnecessary stress so I let nature take it's course. I've seen multiple plants in one pot here in the past and they seem to thrive well enough and this seems to be the case here. In fact they are thriving and showing no signs of deficiencies whatsoever, they're probably the two healthiest plants in there:

DSC0004923.JPG

Finally we have the revegged Incredible Bulk from my last harvest sat in the far left pot at the back of the tent. I've never done a (successful) reveg before today although I have tried. I'm not too sure how long I need to leave a plant in a reveg state before putting it into flower but she will be going in the other tent along with the other IB very shortly. If anyone has any input on the matter please feel free to share your opinion:

DSC0005219.JPG

That's basically the lot for now. As with any of my grow journals please feel free to discuss whatever you wish and add any constructive criticism as you desire. I will state categorically that this is by no means a sponsored grow, it's purely my hobby and I grow for my own medicine, it's definitely not an expert or commercial grow by a long shot. There will be mistakes made, many mistakes at that, but as I've come to know (and love of course) these plants I'm confident that there will be some form of harvest.

For those of you who joined in with my previous grow which I had to close early due to work being done on the house you may remember a poor sickly specimen of LSD which died and revived continuously over a period of six months or so. Well apart from one sickly branch at the end I managed to get a harvest from her (thanks to those that helped, you know who you are). This is what her buds looked liked, there may be something to be said for bagging them up in a black bin bag for three days with only a few minutes of fresh air and light each day before flowering ;)

DSC00073psrs.jpg

May your buds be bountiful. Peace everyone :Namaste:
Made in Canada leds?

I need a contact brother.

Crop King White Cookies - Drip Irrigation - DIY Citi Cobs - SCROG

I've just checked his site but it's down. When I get to my PC I'll email him and see what is happening, doesn't bode well for my warranty though does it? I swear everything I touch goes to shit :rofl:

Pretty cool seeing all those wires and technology hanging everywhere. Made me remember how far I've come and how most nights in my grow involved tracing wires and trying to unscramble what I was seeing in front of me and generally being stoned and confused as hell. I still have those nights but most of the time I'm just in and out of there fast- check off everything's up and running and hope for the best.
Man you're doing great for someone who claims that can't touch a project without accidentally plumbing your toilet drain into the ventilation system. That looks fun. Hopefully saves you some money as well.
Cool to hear that there is something of use for you in that medical diagnosis. I had a few mental health types tell me I have PTSD and every time what popped up before I even had room to breathe was - antidepressants. They just love flogging that crap on people.
Funny I've been thinking about it more and more and whether if I went through the poking and prodding if anything good would come of it in the end. I can't think of what though, at this point. Most of the demons are laid to rest anyway. Not sure even really what I'm thinking. Would having my ptsd card give me special privileges - win me friends, girls, and sympathy, or maybe just extra searches in airport security. I dunno. Glad you're getting help though

I think if you're mainly fine then there isn't much point in dragging things up that may or may not be there, I think you would know yourself if it was a problem though, I did know I had a problem I just didn't know what if you know what I mean. At least now I can work on resolving the main issue which is having to get smashed out of mind if I want a decent night's sleep, they are offering me some alternate coping mechanisms, whether they will work or not is a different matter but I am prepared to try at least, unlike any form of prescription they would have offered, I prefer to mess with my own mind thank you :thumb:

Oh yeah if there's girls and sympathy involved I'm not too proud to accept a sympathy fk either ;)

Back
Top Bottom