Brix Aware 1.0

R2MNot

Been watching DocBud's High Brix stuff and thinking about giving it a go if i can get all of the components lined up.
This will be a slow starting journal because I think I have to cook the soil for 30 days.
but i have a nice table of hempy to keep you entertained :)

Sealed Environment:
Light
2k on movers 450 cfm air cooled
Foot print 2-6'X3' tables

Air
About 2000 cubic feet
Cooling/heating sealed and vented 14,000/14,000 BTU Portable
Mid size dehumidifier
hydrogen water cooled co2 gen.
CO2 ppm 1500
Day 85f 50%rh
Night 75f 50%rh

Water
RO+calmag
Drain to waist

Brains
SENTINEL CHHC-4

Soil:
Here is what i have so far.
I will be using 5gal homer buckets

I am going to cut this with perllite
01207.jpg

11619.jpg

21225.jpg

31084.jpg

4759.jpg

5582.jpg

Chicken Magic
I am hoping this stuff will work in place of Rock-n-Chicken?
6488.jpg

7439.jpg

For tea:
8344.jpg

9256.jpg

Still have a few thing on my shopping list:
Limestone CaC03
Gypsum
Amaze
pgr
bloomit

Once I get the limestone and Gypsum I will try to get Doc in here to help with the mix

Here is the grow space these are all inbreed AK47
2 gal hempy with OC+
Age ranges from a few days to 6 weeks most 12/12 from seed
I am seriously considering moving both lights over a single table, even more so
when i get moved into the 5gal buckets.
It just seems smarter to focus on a few large strong plants than a whole bunch of little ones.
Because I have plenty of seeds I cull anything that doesn't look happy along with any males that show up.
I always have something in the veg area ready to fill in the empty slots.

Pest and diseases resistance is the part of hibrix that caught my eye
The last few batches of this AK47 have been hallucinogenic strong, everyone i share it with is a little taken back by its hard hitting buzz, stinks like road kill skunks too.

01208.jpg

Some Of the girls
11620.jpg

21226.jpg

31085.jpg

4760.jpg

5583.jpg

My first bucket of tea looks alive! :)
It's a pre mixed and packaged product i picked up so i could see what it looks like before i try to mix my own...i did toss in a little Azomite for fun...this has been brewing for about 6 hours.
Might use it on the hempys tomorrow unless i talk myself out of it
6489.jpg

Here is the pending plan of attack I hope to get this cooking by the end of the week.
This is copied from Docbud.
Doc used promix HP
BX is all I could get local, from what I could tell the HP just has more perlite
Promix BX 3.8 cubic foot cut 25% with perlite
20 lbs worm castings
2.0 bags Alaskan Ancient Forest Humus
4 cups 6-5-3
2 cups Azomite
4 cups Chicken Magic
Mix, water with tea and let it cook for 30 days

I have a bunch of OC+ that can go in later if needed. But im not going to "cook" it with oc+

Looks like your really off to a great start so far R2Mnot!!!! looks like you have one heck of a grow lab going on!!! very nice!!! Can't wait to follow along with your High Brix grow...I just harvested some of my High Brix nugs today so will have a smoke report after 3 weeks of curing :)

Welcome aboard guys.

Chick Magic to use or not?

Rock n Chicken
2% nitrogen
4% phosphate
2% soluble potash
1% sulfur

Chick Magic
5% nitrogen
3% phosphate
2% soluble potash
0% sulfur

Double the nitrogen and no sulfur.
I am thinking i should use half the chick magic if i use it.
Not that big of deal to order some Rock n Chicken...what do you guys think?

Found some gypsum locally but having a hell of a time with the Calcium carbonate CaCO3 90% or better Limestone
The biggest problem is nobody seems to know what Im talking about and there are so many different kinds and labels..Garden Lime, Agricultural lime calcium carbonate equivalent xx%.
Found something called "natra sweet" but it is big chunks not a powder.
I really hope i dont have to get this stuff shipped, that will cost a butt load and slow me down

Amaze, pgr, bloomit are all on the way!

Found some gypsum locally but having a hell of a time with the Calcium carbonate CaCO3 90% or better Limestone
The biggest problem is nobody seems to know what Im talking about and there are so many different kinds and labels..Garden Lime, Agricultural lime calcium carbonate equivalent xx%.
Found something called "natra sweet" but it is big chunks not a powder.
I really hope i dont have to get this stuff shipped, that will cost a butt load and slow me down

Amaze, pgr, bloomit are all on the way!

I had the same problem so I got this, 5 lb Food Grade Calcium Carbonate from Limestone, on Amazon. Worked well :D

Yeah i thought the same thing, and 5lbs is like 10cups'ish, so if you have the extra loot I would double it. I think the shipping on 10lbs is like 12 bucks. And you kinda feel a little bit funny receiving a really big bag of white powder...ijs

I ordered from the same place and received my delivery, not knowing what it was going to look like, I opened the package right in front of my window with the mailman filling the mailboxes for my apartment. I pulled out a big bag of white powder and just at the same time he looked over at me and I thought to my head "oh shiz" lol I didn't want him to think it was something else so I quickly hid it from view.. I don't know if he saw it or not but did give me a kind of funny look.... I would recommend also doubling your order because the 5lb back is good enough for about 6x 5 gallon pots for 2 harvests.. for 12$ shipping I wish I would have done the same... Also found SRP by DR Earth brand on amazon... all my high brix items I could find there. :)

I ordered from the same place and received my delivery, not knowing what it was going to look like, I opened the package right in front of my window with the mailman filling the mailboxes for my apartment. I pulled out a big bag of white powder and just at the same time he looked over at me and I thought to my head "oh shiz" lol I didn't want him to think it was something else so I quickly hid it from view.. I don't know if he saw it or not but did give me a kind of funny look.... I would recommend also doubling your order because the 5lb back is good enough for about 6x 5 gallon pots for 2 harvests.. for 12$ shipping I wish I would have done the same... Also found SRP by DR Earth brand on amazon... all my high brix items I could find there. :)
Lmao!!! I waited until my mailman walked away to open it...lol
I got like 99% of my brix items from amazon too. Be careful with them though, if you do the free trial of amazon prime...make sure you cancel it, they charged me like 80 dollars for forgetting...lmao, but on a good side of that, I get free 2 day shipping, so now I order everything. I'll get my 80 dollars worth of shipping out of them.

I installed a hydrogen pro water cooled co2 gen last night. I have been on bottled co2, exchanging empties every week ... got to be a real pain in the arse.
If you get one of these pay close attention to the water flow requirements!
Before I ordered I watch the install video on their website, they had a pump in the bottom of a 55 gal tub of water, so I got me a large trash can, filled it with water and installed it right below the generator, mounted to the wall.
Ive got all kinds of pumps lying around that i dont use so i thought i would be fine even if i had to daisy chain a few to get the water moving thru the thing....WRONG

I hooked up a 1200gpm pump...nothing... added a 633gpm...nothing....added a second 633gph...nothing.
chit! and now my co2 bottle is almost empty, chit chit chit!

I have a 1/2 horse utility pump in my main res that i use to water with...ripped it out of the res and installed....
It gave me a little trickle thru the system that was enough to fire the system but not enough to cool it so it would shut down after a few seconds or so WTF!
That 1/2 horse pump can spray water from my front yard....over the house, and into the back yard.
Time to read the manual.
Much to my disappointment there was no way my plan was going to work, these thing need high head pressure and low flow, my only option was to hook up city water and drain to waist!
Hooked up city water and fired it up...worked fine i was up to 2000ppm in 120 seconds or so.
Even if i got a big ass pump for the trash can i dont think it would have worked....i would have ended up with a big water heater sitting in the grow room and the ac would be working overtime to cool the room down.

Im not to hot on the idea of having a garden hose under pressure 24/7 in the basement, seen too many rupture to do that, so looks like i will be doing some plumbing over the next few days :/

Well looks like everything is here as long as the mailman shows up with the CaC03 I should be good to go.

Guess Im on my own for the mix so here is the plan.

5gal Promix Base
2gal perlite
1gal humus
2.5 pounds worm cast
1/2 cup 6-5-3 CaC03,Soft Rock Phosphate,Gypsum
1/4 cup Azomite
1/2 cup Magic Chicken

This should make 10 or 12 5gal buckets with what i have on hand
going to mix them up and water with some tea.

I have 5 fem Cheese babies that just popped. Going to stick them in some 2gal buckets with the above "uncooked" mix and see what happens.

I will start popping some AK seeds in about 2 weeks and put them in 2 gal pot2 to veg for 2 weeks...that should give the soil about 4 weeks to cook then i will put the AKs in the 5 gal cooked soil

The bloomit, amaze, and PGR showed up the other day.

I mixed 1 tsp amaze and 1 tsp PGR into a 1 quart spay bottle and gave everything i got a light misting last night for the fun of it....nothing was dead or grumpy this morning so that's a bonus :)

I got a few plants that are real close to finish...thinking about giving them a shot of bloomit if i can figure out how much to mix...the directions are per acre lol

Hey R2 thought I'd just chime in on the sprays, 4.5tsp:1qt (1oz=6tsp..3oz per gallon amaze and bloomit pgr is half that amount) is the way it breaks down . Otherwise looking good, are you planning on using a tea?
I gave my ladies their first spray and a tea feeding this morning, they had a nice day I guess, I went back up there and they had a ton of new growth this evening. Those sprays are powerful!!!

Thanks for the break down.

are you planning on using a tea?

With the sprays i have i think all i need to do is water with a light tea...i was going to do kelp,worm,humus.
Seems like Doc said "microbial tea weekly"

Mixed

01209.jpg

Potted with a quart full strength packaged tea and some RO
got 12 homer buckets and few 2qts

11630.jpg

5 Fem. Cheese freebees 5/5 popped in the above soil
21235.jpg

While we wait...the buds are setting on the hempy...
31092.jpg

4767.jpg

Back
Top Bottom